3DS Nintendo Ambassador GBA Games Now Available

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#91 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:28 AM

I already own 9 outta 10 of those games, big whoop. Why they just couldnt do two $40 vouchers on nintendo published games is beyond me.

Yeah, and you can just pop them in anytime, anywhere and play them on the go can't ya? Go blow it out of your ass already and quit being a bitch.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#92 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:27 AM

...and these free "exclusive" games don't? There are several people just in this thread saying that nintendo doesn't want their money.

If they were so eager to give Nintendo their money, they would be Ambassadors.

And Nintendo said that there were CURRENTLY no plans to bring the GBA games to non-Ambassadors, which is marketing speak for timed exclusives.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#93 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:29 AM

Yeah, this is a frakking great friggin' promo so let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. Hell, I own 9/10 of the NES games and about half of these GBA games in cart form and I'm still 100% thrilled to be given these games for the 3DS.

Anyway, I hope everyone got their download on and even tried out the background download function via the sleep mode. That's a pretty cool function, and I hope it bodes well for something like 3D movie downloads (not the Nintendo Video snippets but actual movies and TV shows).

#94 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:31 AM

And Nintendo said that there were CURRENTLY no plans to bring the GBA games to non-Ambassadors, which is marketing speak for timed exclusives.

Exactly. I've worked with a lot of marketing folks and that's totally marketing speak. I read into it the same as you did. I can't imagine Nintendo going through all this trouble to bring NES and GBA games to the 3DS only to fence them off to prospective future buyers or later adopters (or not release anymore GBA games at all).

#95 JokerCard

JokerCard

Go,go Gadget Cheapskates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:44 AM

Thanks just downloaded them all.
Check out my new blog at
http://timescoop.blogspot.com/

#96 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:04 AM

I love this, they really offered a strong selection of games, i'm trying to decide what to play: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Metroid Fusion or Pushimo (which i just bought.) Guess that's what they call a good problem.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
ifqh2N3.pngyErIY3s.png2q1uoso.jpg

#97 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

Thanks, OP.

Welp, time to get back to playing Skyrim. Just kidding.

If they were going for a marketing vibe, they should have just released these on Christmas. Ida been like, "Can't open my presents, gosta download my games." Ya feel me?

#98 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

i can care less about marketing talk or whatever. Just having fun playing some Metroid Fusion. Had this on the GBA and its still fun now. I wish the NES releases were a bit stronger but the GBA releases really made up for it.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#99 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

I already had some of the games but got them all. Dont have to carry around any games to play these (or use my GBA/DSlite system when I have my 3DS with me more often)

#100 *Deathblade2

*Deathblade2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:51 PM

Yeah, and you can just pop them in anytime, anywhere and play them on the go can't ya? Go blow it out of your ass already and quit being a bitch.

UH considering they were all released for the GBA I SURE EFFIN CAN. I can throw several of them in this magical thing called a "pocket" :booty:The deal is ok for people that dont have them or wish they could play them again, or just maybe like the convenience...dude its a minor gripe, last time I checked that was legal on the internet. So sorry if my differring opinion ruined your fapping to nintendo, please return to your policing of the internet.

#101 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

UH considering they were all released for the GBA I SURE EFFIN CAN. I can throw several of them in this magical thing called a "pocket" :booty:The deal is ok for people that dont have them or wish they could play them again, or just maybe like the convenience...dude its a minor gripe, last time I checked that was legal on the internet. So sorry if my differring opinion ruined your fapping to nintendo, please return to your policing of the internet.

That's convenience, in your pocket? I would love to carry all ten of those carts in my pocket. /s It's just I find it odd when people have "minor gripes" about free stuff and then post about it. If you know so much about 'the internet' then you should know that 90% of the time, complaining about something free especially on CAG causes conflict. Because it doesn't really add anything useful to the thread now does it? Excuse me while I go back to playing these wonderful games or 'fapping to Nintendo' :drool:

Edited by Namerson, 17 December 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#102 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

Unreal. They didn't have to give "early" adopters anything.

I think they picked some good classics with plenty of variety. Trying out the Download Later option right now :)

#103 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

I definitely don't "fap to Nintendo", more often than not I am dissapointed by them. However, this time they actually came through bigtime. Honestly, if you have pockets big enough to carry 10 cartridges and a gameboy advance in then my friend, you have some deep ass pockets and chances are your pants are saggin like a mofo. Either way, quit bitchin like a girl at prom who just saw someone else wearing her dress and go play your wonderful GBA while the rest of us download our free games and enjoy them.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#104 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

I definitely don't "fap to Nintendo", more often than not I am dissapointed by them. However, this time they actually came through bigtime. Honestly, if you have pockets big enough to carry 10 cartridges and a gameboy advance in then my friend, you have some deep ass pockets and chances are your pants are saggin like a mofo. Either way, quit bitchin like a girl at prom who just saw someone else wearing her dress and go play your wonderful GBA while the rest of us download our free games and enjoy them.

Gentlemen, please! This kind of conduct is unbecoming for ambassadors!

#105 Greatwhitecoley

Greatwhitecoley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

Gentlemen, please! This kind of conduct is unbecoming for ambassadors!

Win, just so much win.

#106 VOLTAN

VOLTAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

Digging the new games. Nice selection. Nintendo took care of us. Thanks for the heads up OP.

#107 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

Anyway, I hope everyone got their download on and even tried out the background download function via the sleep mode. That's a pretty cool function, and I hope it bodes well for something like 3D movie downloads (not the Nintendo Video snippets but actual movies and TV shows).

Just got a chance to download the games and I was coming on to mention the background download. This was a whole lot better than the original process.

Now they need better organization of your previously downloaded items