So You Think You Can Ride RPG Thread XIV's Chocobo!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so do u guys even know what the story of FFXIII-2 is even about?!?!

check it out, I'ma break that shyt down to u;

basically after the ending sequences of xiii, there's a mini earthquake that breaks the ground, sucks Lighting into it, and transfers her to another dimension or time era or whatever...

in this alternate universe, there's a lot of fighting going on and Lighting being the fighter she is puts on some armor and thinks to herself Yes, This is where I will belong, this is my purpose.

while on the real universe, apparently nobody notices the earthquake and the ground has all healed itself up, leaving the cast of XIII to be all like

"where did she go?!?!"

and basically, this justifies a sequel.

[quote name='JEKKI']and basically, this justifies a sequel.[/QUOTE]
Apparently, it also justifies Crystal Pompom Moogle (who I recently learned can turn into a crossbow :whistle2:s) and a tune that might as well be called "WTF de Chocobo".

As of right now, FFXIII-2 exists even less for me than FFXIII did.

Still holding out a sliver of hope for Versus. It has hot bishies, so that's a plus...

lol, yours wins and my duplicate thread will sit locked in shame for all eternity.

I'm 99% sure that I'm canceling my XIII-2 preorder at this point, it's just the things like Crazy Chocobo making me hold off until some actual reviews from Japan are in (though it's not like I can trust Japan, I suppose; their horrible taste in characters is the reason we ended up with Serah as protagonist anyway :roll:)

New thread with, quite possibly, the best thread title ever? Count me in! I'm planning on finally playing FF XIII when i get back from break. Don't think I can manage to take my PS3 home.

[quote name='fwbweux']I'm 99% sure that I'm canceling my XIII-2 preorder at this point, it's just the things like Crazy Chocobo making me hold off[/QUOTE]

I still haven't played XIII and didn't care or know anything about XIII-2. Until I heard Crazy Chocobo - Preordered! This is even funnier than the Cole Train's rap.

I'll tell ya where Lighting went: Soul Calibur 5. Calling it right now, guest character (actually, that'd be kinda cool, imho)

Gas ‘em up with the greens and let ‘em go
stand back, stand clear as he puts on the show
so cute yet fierce is he from hell?
I cannot tell yet i don’t even wanna know

so you wanna be a trailblazer
kick up dirt like a hellraiser
take the reins but don’t react slow
it’s time to feel the force - of the chocobo!

So you think you can ride this chocobo?
Got chocobucks? You better put him on the chocobo
saddle up if you think you can ride through this rodeo
are we in hell? I dunno to the dark let’s roll

come if you think you gonna hide this chocobo
everybody’s gonna want to ride your chocobo
it’s chocobo clown in the chocorodeo
gonna riiide’m straight through hell in the chocobo rodeo

yeah

let’s riiiiiiiiiiyah

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm calling it now, FFXIII-2 >>>>> FFXIII.[/QUOTE]u say that like there's anything worse than FFXIII.

there isnt.

Are those the real lyrics? :cry:

[quote name='fwbweux']lol, yours wins and my duplicate thread will sit locked in shame for all eternity.[/QUOTE]
Salvaged your tag from that thread :mrgreen:

[quote name='blueshinra']Salvaged your tag from that thread :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

About the Tales of Graces box art, I'm conflicted. It's a beautiful cover, but I do understand why some publishers try to hide the fact that what they're selling is an oldschool JRPG, has anime art, etc. Not necessarily to the level of, say, the NA Suikoden art, but just enough not to repulse people who are constantly on the fence when it comes to this sort of game.

I'd take a less overtly-Japanese cover in exchange for whatever increase in sales a more neutral cover might bring, if only because the fate of the Tales series in America hangs in the balance with this game. For, say, NISA stuff that doesn't care about selling outside of its regular audience they can Japan up the box as much as they like for all I care, but if Graces F can't outperform things like Splatterhouse, Enslaved, Knight's Contract, etc. you can kiss Xillia and all future Tales games goodbye forever and ever and ever :cold:

[quote name='JEKKI']u say that like there's anything worse than FFXIII.

there isnt.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Although Beyond the Beyond is a very close runner up.;)

[quote name='bvharris']Do you really think a less Japanese-y cover would make that much of a difference though?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to think that it would, but I have no idea.

[quote name='fwbweux']lol, yours wins and my duplicate thread will sit locked in shame for all eternity.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, I figured when it didn't show up after a couple minutes it wasn't going to get made (as seems to happen when someone says we should make a new thread with a specific title and then our current thread goes on for another 100-200 posts, haha), so I went ahead and did it. The thread title is obviously your inspiration (although I was thinking we could do something like this for the next one too, haha).

[quote name='icebeast']Sorry about that, I figured when it didn't show up after a couple minutes it wasn't going to get made (as seems to happen when someone says we should make a new thread with a specific title and then our current thread goes on for another 100-200 posts, haha), so I went ahead and did it. The thread title is obviously your inspiration (although I was thinking we could do something like this for the next one too, haha).[/QUOTE]

Ah, surely you didn't think I was actually feeling possessive over the OP? :lol: I should have just made it instead of suggesting it, but bv and others can attest to my humor going over like a lead balloon half of the time so I ran it by everyone :D

I'm just happy to see Crazy Chocobo in its rightful place of honor for the next thousand posts.

[quote name='fwbweux']Ah, surely you didn't think I was actually feeling possessive over the OP? :lol:

I'm just happy to see Crazy Chocobo in its rightful place of honor for the next thousand posts.[/QUOTE]

Na, I just felt bad since I felt like I stole your idea, and I only did it because I thought your idea was a good one. :D

Yes, me too. Although our thread titles have been stuck in a bit of a rut since XIII, haha.

[quote name='icebeast']Na, I just felt bad since I felt like I stole your idea, and I only did it because I thought your idea was a good one. :D

Yes, me too. Although our thread titles have been stuck in a bit of a rut since XIII, haha.[/QUOTE]

Hah, it's not stealing, that was the whole purpose of my throwing the idea out there :D

And yeah, we should probably cool it on the FF references for the next couple of threads unless something from XIII-2 reaches enormous meme status and we can't avoid it. By the time this thread's done with it'll probably be around time for Tales of Graces F, so we'll probably have something like "Buy RPG Thread XV or RPG Thread XVI Will Never be Localized" or something like that :p

[quote name='fwbweux']
And yeah, we should probably cool it on the FF references for the next couple of threads unless something from XIII-2 reaches enormous meme status and we can't avoid it.[/QUOTE]

RPG Thread XV reaches enormous meme status! :)

[quote name='keithp']RPG Thread XV reaches enormous meme status! :)[/QUOTE]
I nominate "RPG Thread XV Took an Arrow to the Knee" :p

Then again, that meme might be old hat by the time this thread is done...

Wow Tales of Graces F... I forgot there were still good JRPGs coming out. It's my only planned 2012 game purchase as of now. Well, that and Skyrim when it's cheap.

[quote name='blueshinra']I nominate "RPG Thread XV Took an Arrow to the Knee" :p

Then again, that meme might be old hat by the time this thread is done...[/QUOTE]
it was old hat a week ago!
people won't let it die!

Started my first game of Skyrim, I can see how it so easily becomes addicting. I'm enjoying it more as a playground though -- the quest lines seem very dry. Which is a shame because I was totally walking into it in a role-play kind of mood. You walk into a town-square and people are already telling you their life-stories as you walk past them. Very off putting and old fashioned, if you ask me, among the already several "a group of bandits to the east have blah blah blah blah."

Doing a sword/shield and bow focus with some Alteration magic for temporary buffs.

---

I saw some really beautiful artbooks in Japan Town when visiting san francisco last week. Really wanted to grab the Persona one, but budgeted myself to some manga instead. They had all the art books for the Valkyria Chronicles series, which looked awesome as well.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I saw some really beautiful artbooks in Japan Town when visiting san francisco last week. Really wanted to grab the Persona one, but budgeted myself to some manga instead. They had all the art books for the Valkyria Chronicles series, which looked awesome as well.[/QUOTE]
Probably good that you passed - Udon is releasing some Persona books soon in English, and I assume they'll be cheaper than what you would've paid. I believe the first Valkyria book is already in English.

[quote name='kainzero']it was old hat a week ago!
people won't let it die![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that shit got old faster than "The Cake is a Lie" and is only slightly less annoying than MLP shit.

sIvQS.gif

[quote name='jello44']Yeah, that shit got old faster than "The Cake is a Lie" and is only slightly less annoying than MLP shit.[/QUOTE]
i don't know what MLP is

i thought of "martin luther ping"

[quote name='panzerfaust']
I saw some really beautiful artbooks in Japan Town when visiting san francisco last week. Really wanted to grab the Persona one, but budgeted myself to some manga instead. They had all the art books for the Valkyria Chronicles series, which looked awesome as well.[/QUOTE]

I have that Valkyria Chronicles one (in English), and it is very nice. I also have the Okami one and the Shingenori Soejima (Persona 3/4 artist) one. Amazon tends to have good prices on them, so I'll probably end up getting the Persona 3 and Persona 4 art books too when they come out in English next year.

[quote name='The Crotch']
sIvQS.gif
[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of that head spinning glitch in New Vegas. Creepy as hell.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Started my first game of Skyrim, I can see how it so easily becomes addicting. [/QUOTE]daaaang listen to this guy.

"my first game of"

what a baller. I can see it now,

RPG Thread XVI, I took an arrow to both knees!

and its sequel, RPG Thread XVII, took an arrow to the elbow.

Suddenly every town is my enemy in Skyrim...I don't recall doing anything wrong. Anyway to revert this? None of my recent saves are a time before this happened. I was just out exploring =[

edit: oh, guess I'm a vampire. hopefully a console command will fix this.

I just listened to Crazy Chocobo five times in a row. Someone please tell me how I can repent and cleanse myself of this madness.

[quote name='fwbweux']I just listened to Crazy Chocobo five times in a row. Someone please tell me how I can repent and cleanse myself of this madness.[/QUOTE]

It's impossible. It creeps its way into your soul and won't leave.

[quote name='fwbweux']I just listened to Crazy Chocobo five times in a row. Someone please tell me how I can repent and cleanse myself of this madness.[/QUOTE]

Don't fight it. Let it embrace your soul!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back