No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise $15.94 on Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:12 AM

I just bought this from bestbuy for $16 the other day, it's in the backlog though. Great price for anyone with ammy credit

Sold from Amazon LLC

http://www.amazon.co...24084267&sr=8-1

Edited by CaoPi, 20 December 2011 - 10:35 PM.

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#2 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:16 AM

i can't believe i paid $20 for this during black friday week like an idiot. that was before i knew best buy was going to go bonkers. oh well. it's the only game i overpaid for in good long while. thanks for the info, op.

#3 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:19 AM

i can't believe i paid $20 for this during black friday week like an idiot. that was before i knew best buy was going to go bonkers. oh well. it's the only game i overpaid for in good long while. thanks for the info, op.

yeah I bought PS move but rarely used it for gaming, anyone here like the PS move controls for this game, how do they compare to the Wii controls?

#4 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:54 AM

I can't speak to the Move controls, though I assume they were similar. However, I actually enjoyed playing this more with the Dualshock 3 than I did with the Wii controls. Combat felt much more fluid with separate attack buttons.

#5 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

I have this for PS3 and platinumed it. The Move works well cept for a few mini-games/side-missions. I chose to use the DS3 for like 2 of those. Otherwise it worked just fine. I played the Wii version a little bit a few years ago and the only thing I missed was the phone calls not coming through the Move since it has no speaker. I thought that was a pretty cool use of the Wiimote speaker.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#6 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:00 AM

yeah, i liked the move controls in this game and i really love the story/writing.
the only problem is the game takes place in a pseudo-open world. i cannot get anywhere using the move controls. so i had to switch to controller, drive somewhere, and switch back to move controls. and the load times between all of this was atrocious.

so most of the game is great. the driving is the worst driving in the history of video games. i don't understand how they can hate their own audience so much that they try to make us plow through that driving garbage.

#7 jpm804

jpm804

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:05 AM

picked this up at BB also when it was on sale for $14.99 good price though if you missed out on that deal.

#8 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

price drop

#9 Cjrosa6

Cjrosa6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

Just keep on dropping. $10 and I can't say no!

#10 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

I can't speak to the Move controls, though I assume they were similar. However, I actually enjoyed playing this more with the Dualshock 3 than I did with the Wii controls. Combat felt much more fluid with separate attack buttons.

Did they update or patch it to change the controls somehow? I hated using R3 to finish enemies... otherwise, yeah, I very much preferred using a standard controller vs motion controls.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#11 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

awesome game if you never played it, i loved it.

hopefully they can port the second one

#12 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:12 AM

I picked up a used copy for $10 from Gamefly. It's in my backlog right now. From what I played it's really fun.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#13 JordanPlayer

JordanPlayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:13 AM

Thanks OP, picked it up :)

#14 steeltekki

steeltekki

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

If using ds3 do you still have to shake the controller to charge your beam deal?

#15 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

Tell me about it, it feels like every Amazon deal that I bought for Black Friday has dropped by a minimum of $5 bucks. If their price match policy is such a major hassle :(.

#16 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

Just keep on dropping. $10 and I can't say no!

Ditto

sixteenvolt420.png

#17 chinchillables

chinchillables

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

Most people are in such a rush that they don't realize everything is marked up so it can be marked down more.
,,,<(°-°)>,,,Posted ImagePosted Image>) = PacMan gonna get cha!

#18 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

havent opened it but i got it for just under 20 bucks i think a while back on Amazon. I actually had a question. To those who got it from Amazon, or wherever.. was the seal odd? It wasn't a standard y fold seal. It looked like a regular shrinkwrap job with a seam down the length of the side. Looked very weird to me, but i got it direct from Amazon, not a 3rd party sellers. Is that just how all these copies are sealed?

#19 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

I still regret missing it on Gamefly daily deal for $10. It didn't come back for the Under $10 Blow Out, nor end of the year sale going on now. But I own 1 & 2 on Wii already, so I can't bite on this deal for $16

#20 hottaterman

hottaterman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

havent opened it but i got it for just under 20 bucks i think a while back on Amazon. I actually had a question. To those who got it from Amazon, or wherever.. was the seal odd? It wasn't a standard y fold seal. It looked like a regular shrinkwrap job with a seam down the length of the side. Looked very weird to me, but i got it direct from Amazon, not a 3rd party sellers. Is that just how all these copies are sealed?

This. Last time this happened to me, my copy was actually used, with scratches and everything inside... I don't know about this copy but I just received it today, so I'm a bit wary.

Edited by hottaterman, 27 December 2011 - 11:04 PM.
Too much eggnog

#21 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

This. Last time this happened to me, my copy was actually used, with scratches and everything inside... I don't know about this copy but I just received it today, so I'm a bit wary.

That's how my copy from Best Buy looked as well. I didn't open it though since it was a christmas gift.

#22 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:32 AM

The copies of it I saw at Best Buy were shrinkwrapped the same way. I talked myself out of buying one for that reason.

#23 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

hmm so several people are saying the copies they say of this game are in that weird shrinkwrap packaging. Has anyone actually seen a y fold sealed version? Im guessing they all just come in the cheap wrapping

lol @ Twilight Sparkles name/avatar. I got a smirk outa that since thats my 6 year old nieces favorite character from that show. I just had to spend the better part of today playing My friggin little Pony with the little rugrat since I was watching her for the day. She got a bunch of them for x-mas. Im also the one stuck watching the show with her since her mother refuses to do so. Thank god the stupid things actually pretty bearable.

#24 mailer daemon

mailer daemon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:14 AM

It's currently 10.78 on amazon.

#25 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:17 AM

Plus $7.99 s/h

It's currently 10.78 on amazon.

#26 mailer daemon

mailer daemon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:40 AM

Plus $7.99 s/h

Bah, totally failed to notice that.

#27 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:01 AM

That isn't directly from Amazon, it's one of their sellers.