Metroid: Other M - $6.99 @ Gamestop.com

I picked up a copy from Best Buy for $4.99. I had read reviews about how bad it is, but figured the price was good enough to merit the purchase.

The gameplay and graphics are both great, which nearly saves the horrible plot, dialogue, and story. Instead of being a kick-ass interstellar bounty hunter, Samus has been turned into a shitty teen romance novel character. Yeah, she even has a crush on this other guy who doesn't like her, or some bullshit. The cutscenes, which represent all of this badness, can last up to 15 minutes and are unskippable.

It's a good game aside from Harlequin romance aspects, and it's worth the low price for a new copy. Use of the mute button and/or turning around and sticking a finger in each ear and ululating is recommended.

I say it every time this game shows up as a deal. If you aren't invested in Samus as a character, the dialogue will not bother you and you can definitely get a ton of fun out of this game. Even if you are invested in her, look past the dialogue, it's definitely not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. There's been far, far worse. It's just... meh.

bread's done
Back