Metroid: Other M Price Dropped Again - $6.99 New

i like the other metroid games but this one has lots of mediocre reviews, i'm guessing it's worth $6.99 though..

It's worth $7 and it isn't the worst game ever made by far, but it is the worst Metroid game besides Hunters ever made, not sure if it's worse then Hunters though.

[quote name='havuk']i like the other metroid games but this one has lots of mediocre reviews, i'm guessing it's worth $6.99 though..[/QUOTE]

I guess for $7 it's worth trying, but this is one of those games that I played for some time and ended up wishing I hadn't. Especially as a big fan of the Metroid series.

I bought it for $5 a while back at BB. I'm not a huge Metroid fan and I really enjoyed OtherM. That being said, I'm also a big fan of the Ninja Gaiden series and most of Team Ninja's games, so I'm kind of used to their particular style. If you treat it as a 2D metroid game, it's pretty sweet.

Does anyone know how many copies of a single game you can get points for on Club Nintendo? I'd buy these and them just trade them to Bestbuy

I just figured I would jump on this topic and say this game is entirely worth $7.

I bought it when was brand new, and I never regretted it. The story as far as I'm concerned fits the Metroid universe just fine and I almost tend to disagree with 90% of the negative reviews the game has. It's a very good game, and shouldn't be missed by any fans of the Metroid games. Gamers owe it to themselves to play this game, or at least give it a try, especially at this price.

[quote name='Hakudoshi']I just figured I would jump on this topic and say this game is entirely worth $7.

I bought it when was brand new, and I never regretted it. The story as far as I'm concerned fits the Metroid universe just fine and I almost tend to disagree with 90% of the negative reviews the game has. It's a very good game, and shouldn't be missed by any fans of the Metroid games. Gamers owe it to themselves to play this game, or at least give it a try, especially at this price.[/QUOTE]

I agree. This is a solid game. It is a steal at $6.99.

I thought it was kind of boring and linear. Lots of "go here, do this," and all the areas look the same. It's better than corruption but I really hated corruption. It's no super metroid but heck it's worth $7

I jumped in since I haven't played Other M. This will be as a late Christmas, early New Years present for my brother. Hurray for cheap shipping!

The problem with these mainstream games is that their reviews are always biased on popular websites and magazines. The only thing to do is to try it yourself, and at this price it wouldn't be much of a loss if you absolutely despise the game.

To this day, we are still baffled at how IGN.com gave Final Fantasy X-2 a 9.5 out of 10. The game was terrible!

I got this game at launch (but ended up paying nothing after pre-order credit and trading it back in). Having said that, I felt like the game was worth my time. I enjoyed it, and while I think Metroid generally works best with a bit more minimalist story-telling, it was still fun.

[quote name='CashForGamers']The problem with these mainstream games is that their reviews are always biased on popular websites and magazines. The only thing to do is to try it yourself, and at this price it wouldn't be much of a loss if you absolutely despise the game.

To this day, we are still baffled at how IGN.com gave Final Fantasy X-2 a 9.5 out of 10. The game was terrible![/QUOTE]

Maybe they were paid to give it a 9.5.

I'm so pissed I bought this for 19.99 a while back and it's still sitting in shrink wrap... Never thought a Metroid game would ever become such bargain bin fodder.... c'est la vie.

[quote name='Lordd_G']I'm so pissed I bought this for 19.99 a while back and it's still sitting in shrink wrap... Never thought a Metroid game would ever become such bargain bin fodder.... c'est la vie.[/QUOTE]

Try buying it at release. At least it only cost me $30 then and not the full $50. Still feel absolutely burned.

[quote name='CashForGamers']The problem with these mainstream games is that their reviews are always biased on popular websites and magazines. The only thing to do is to try it yourself, and at this price it wouldn't be much of a loss if you absolutely despise the game.

To this day, we are still baffled at how IGN.com gave Final Fantasy X-2 a 9.5 out of 10. The game was terrible![/QUOTE]

So wait, the only thing to do is to make up your own mind by playing BUT final fantasy x-2 was terrible because you say so? Huh.

For the record I enjoyed x-2. To me it simply needed to be played as some regular campy game not as part of what you expected out of a final fantasy.

[quote name='biledriver']So wait, the only thing to do is to make up your own mind by playing BUT final fantasy x-2 was terrible because you say so? Huh.

For the record I enjoyed x-2. To me it simply needed to be played as some regular campy game not as part of what you expected out of a final fantasy.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think its a fine example of an rpg. Certainly better than most. I think what brought the game down was they were just coming off x and were hoping for the same.

I may pick up Other M as well. I generally hate my wii and have never played it for more than a few minutes but i might try this game out. I loved prime and while im not expecting this to come close id like to try another metroid game. Hopefully nintendo can get its act together for the next one instead of just unleashing garbage on the world but it seems they just cant do right anymore. I miss the days of quality nintendo gaming.

showing up as 50 for me with no shipping so im guessing its already been wiped out.

Also the gs price is online only with no price match in store. Looks like im gonna sit this one out.

bread's done
Back