Metroid: Other M Price Dropped Again - $6.99 New

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 CashForGamers

CashForGamers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

For anyone who missed the other three times this game has price dropped, GameStop is selling it new for $6.99. This deal is online only!

http://www.gamestop....d-other-m/75084

Happy Holidays Everyone!
:shipfree::xbox::gc::ds::ps3::wii:Sell your video games for cash here!:psp::360::ps2::3ds::gba::shipfree:

#2 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

i like the other metroid games but this one has lots of mediocre reviews, i'm guessing it's worth $6.99 though..

#3 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

It's worth $7 and it isn't the worst game ever made by far, but it is the worst Metroid game besides Hunters ever made, not sure if it's worse then Hunters though.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4 danstabbingworth

danstabbingworth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

i like the other metroid games but this one has lots of mediocre reviews, i'm guessing it's worth $6.99 though..

I guess for $7 it's worth trying, but this is one of those games that I played for some time and ended up wishing I hadn't. Especially as a big fan of the Metroid series.

#5 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

Instead of wasting $7 on this game, you can put that money towards a Prime game, Zero Mission, or Super Metroid.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#6 BJownes

BJownes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

I bought it for $5 a while back at BB. I'm not a huge Metroid fan and I really enjoyed OtherM. That being said, I'm also a big fan of the Ninja Gaiden series and most of Team Ninja's games, so I'm kind of used to their particular style. If you treat it as a 2D metroid game, it's pretty sweet.
[adult swim]

#7 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

Babies cry!

#8 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

Does anyone know how many copies of a single game you can get points for on Club Nintendo? I'd buy these and them just trade them to Bestbuy

#9 Hakudoshi

Hakudoshi

20% Cooler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

I just figured I would jump on this topic and say this game is entirely worth $7.

I bought it when was brand new, and I never regretted it. The story as far as I'm concerned fits the Metroid universe just fine and I almost tend to disagree with 90% of the negative reviews the game has. It's a very good game, and shouldn't be missed by any fans of the Metroid games. Gamers owe it to themselves to play this game, or at least give it a try, especially at this price.
Rainbow Dash - Applejack - Twilight Sparkle - Fluttershy - Pinkie Pie - Rarity - Celestia - Luna - Derpy Hooves - Vinyl Scratch - Lyra Heartstrings

#10 Mogambi

Mogambi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:08 AM

I just figured I would jump on this topic and say this game is entirely worth $7.

I bought it when was brand new, and I never regretted it. The story as far as I'm concerned fits the Metroid universe just fine and I almost tend to disagree with 90% of the negative reviews the game has. It's a very good game, and shouldn't be missed by any fans of the Metroid games. Gamers owe it to themselves to play this game, or at least give it a try, especially at this price.

I agree. This is a solid game. It is a steal at $6.99.

#11 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:50 AM

I thought it was kind of boring and linear. Lots of "go here, do this," and all the areas look the same. It's better than corruption but I really hated corruption. It's no super metroid but heck it's worth $7

#12 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:24 AM

Has a nintendo published game featuring one of their biggest characters ever plumited in price like this Before ?
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#13 KramMan

KramMan

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:30 AM

I jumped in since I haven't played Other M. This will be as a late Christmas, early New Years present for my brother. Hurray for cheap shipping!

#14 CashForGamers

CashForGamers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:30 AM

The problem with these mainstream games is that their reviews are always biased on popular websites and magazines. The only thing to do is to try it yourself, and at this price it wouldn't be much of a loss if you absolutely despise the game.

To this day, we are still baffled at how IGN.com gave Final Fantasy X-2 a 9.5 out of 10. The game was terrible!
:shipfree::xbox::gc::ds::ps3::wii:Sell your video games for cash here!:psp::360::ps2::3ds::gba::shipfree:

#15 FrogTheWarrior

FrogTheWarrior

Let's Rock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

I got this game at launch (but ended up paying nothing after pre-order credit and trading it back in). Having said that, I felt like the game was worth my time. I enjoyed it, and while I think Metroid generally works best with a bit more minimalist story-telling, it was still fun.

sig.gif

#16 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:36 AM

The problem with these mainstream games is that their reviews are always biased on popular websites and magazines. The only thing to do is to try it yourself, and at this price it wouldn't be much of a loss if you absolutely despise the game.

To this day, we are still baffled at how IGN.com gave Final Fantasy X-2 a 9.5 out of 10. The game was terrible!

Maybe they were paid to give it a 9.5.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#17 Lordd_G

Lordd_G

90's Gamer 4 Life!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

I'm so pissed I bought this for 19.99 a while back and it's still sitting in shrink wrap... Never thought a Metroid game would ever become such bargain bin fodder.... c'est la vie.

:grouphug: Not only are we cheap gamers, but we're also asses! :grouphug:

#18 kodave

kodave

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

I'm so pissed I bought this for 19.99 a while back and it's still sitting in shrink wrap... Never thought a Metroid game would ever become such bargain bin fodder.... c'est la vie.

Try buying it at release. At least it only cost me $30 then and not the full $50. Still feel absolutely burned.

#19 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

So wait, the only thing to do is to make up your own mind by playing BUT final fantasy x-2 was terrible because you say so? Huh.

For the record I enjoyed x-2. To me it simply needed to be played as some regular campy game not as part of what you expected out of a final fantasy.

#20 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

I picked this up before I sold my Wii awhile ago.

Its worth the $7 easily. I'd pick it up again if I had a Wii still

#21 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

So wait, the only thing to do is to make up your own mind by playing BUT final fantasy x-2 was terrible because you say so? Huh.

For the record I enjoyed x-2. To me it simply needed to be played as some regular campy game not as part of what you expected out of a final fantasy.

Agreed. I think its a fine example of an rpg. Certainly better than most. I think what brought the game down was they were just coming off x and were hoping for the same.

I may pick up Other M as well. I generally hate my wii and have never played it for more than a few minutes but i might try this game out. I loved prime and while im not expecting this to come close id like to try another metroid game. Hopefully nintendo can get its act together for the next one instead of just unleashing garbage on the world but it seems they just cant do right anymore. I miss the days of quality nintendo gaming.

#22 SenorFrog21

SenorFrog21

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

It's actually only $4.99 at Best Buy right now, so if anyone was thinking "7 is just a little too much for me!", now you have no excuse!

#23 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

showing up as 50 for me with no shipping so im guessing its already been wiped out.

Also the gs price is online only with no price match in store. Looks like im gonna sit this one out.

#24 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

It's still $6.99.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#25 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:01 PM