Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/18/11 to 12/24/11)

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#91 gmerreighn

gmerreighn

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

Would you say $27 is a good price to jump on Dead Island?

yes i'm in the camp that thinks the game is awesome and with the support i've heard it has will get better and have extended play value w/ patches & updates being sent out

#92 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

I just bought a Kinect and love it. Which games do you guys recommend that are not geared towards kids? :bouncy:

I'm thinking of Kinect Sports 1 and 2, so need another one. I was tempted by Kinectimals but that looks to kiddie for me.

#93 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

The b2g1 w/Forza also stacks with the wireless wheel and $25 gift card.

Has anyone used the wheel with The Run?

#94 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

wanted to pickup Kinectnimals at BB under the B2G1 deal as a gift and backordered online and no stores in my area have that game available.

#95 Chris in Cali

Chris in Cali

Mr. Negativity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Wow, Target out-right lowers the pries of the 3DS this week? ...I'm really starting to think we're going to see some new 3DS hardware soon, probably in the Spring.

#96 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:38 PM

Is Dance Central worth buying if you plan on buying Dance Central 2? I heard you can download all the songs from 1 on to 2 is that true?

#97 gmerreighn

gmerreighn

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

I just bought a Kinect and love it. Which games do you guys recommend that are not geared towards kids? :bouncy:

I'm thinking of Kinect Sports 1 and 2, so need another one. I was tempted by Kinectimals but that looks to kiddie for me.

outside of bowling i wasnt a huge fan of Kinect Sports 1 but Kinect Sports 2 has a ton of replay value with the changes that were made

i played Kinectimals but i have a 3 and 6 year old and they didnt get into it much....been playing Disneyland Kinect with my 6 yr old and its a ton of fun

it's all about waiting for Star Wars Kinect

#98 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

Just came back from BB. They have Tony Hawk Shred for $10 new and the MW3 360 controller for $50 new. I don't think they are in the ad.

#99 UFImprov

UFImprov

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

Just rebuy everything and return them with your old receipt.

That PS3 deal isn't too bad.

Has anyone tried this? Wouldn't BB know that I would be returning different copies of the games? I'd imagine the receipt ties to the actual copy of the games I purchased, right?

#100 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

Guys, got a story for you about Best Buy.

Four days ago I bought two copies of Kinectimals with bears for $25 each. Starting today, they are in the ad list for buy 2 get 1 free. I called the store, asked about their price match policy. "Well, this is a little different, I bought 2 Kinectimals with bears for $24.99 each, they're the same price now but included in buy 2 get 1 free. She went ant talked to the manager, and told me to bring them in. I brought in the games and went to customer service. After I got there, I was told to go get my 3rd game. I took Disneyland Kinect to customer service. They did an exchange 2 games for the same two games + Disneyland Kinect. Total price difference was $0.00. Worked out great.

#101 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

Just came back from BB. They have Tony Hawk Shred for $10 new and the MW3 360 controller for $50 new. I don't think they are in the ad.

just the game, or with the skateboard thing. Missed out when GS was getting rid of them.

#102 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

just the game, or with the skateboard thing. Missed out when GS was getting rid of them.

It's the bundle

#103 Techsticles

Techsticles

Nihilistic Mystics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

I have a Best Buy "Buy 2 Games Get 1 Free" coupon, can this be combined with the B2G1F Kinect game offer? (ie Buy 2 Get 2 Free)

#104 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

I have a question for the best buy gift card offer for this week. http://m.bestbuy.com...ne-3496958.html

Do you think I can buy $500 in 20 dollar PSN cards and get the gift card? The closest thing on the exclusions list I can see is "gift cards" but those are not gift cards. It also says "no dealers".. would I be considered a dealer?

the net10 pre-paid phone cards works with these coupons so might work for the PSN ones too since they're all POS cards

They aren't Best Buy gift cards, but they still show up in the system as gift cards. Rule of thumb is anything that has to be activated at the register is considered a gift card.

I buy net10 pre-paid phones cards using the both the 10% coupons & gc coupons & they always work w/o override.

Darn. I have a $780 gift card that I'm trying to turn into cash.. I'm having trouble finding the most profitable thing.

pre-paid visa cards I think there's a $6 fee per card.

Free $50 gift card and free Uncharted Dual Pack with the purchase of the Uncharted 3 Bundle ($300)

This deal looks pretty sweet, but I have $180 in Walmart GC.
Does anyone know if Walmart will match the merchandise AND the $50 GC as well?

buy a pre-paid visa from walmart then use it where you want.

Has anyone tried this? Wouldn't BB know that I would be returning different copies of the games? I'd imagine the receipt ties to the actual copy of the games I purchased, right?

All the games have the same sku # unless it's the special LE DLC copy. But with the games you got just do a return/rebuy. Don't make a habit of doing this since BB now tracks returns thru your DL# but if your cool with the reps they can just follow thru with the return w/o scanning it.

#105 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

I have a Best Buy "Buy 2 Games Get 1 Free" coupon, can this be combined with the B2G1F Kinect game offer? (ie Buy 2 Get 2 Free)

No but you can use it for B4g2 free.

#106 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

Wow, Target out-right lowers the pries of the 3DS this week? ...I'm really starting to think we're going to see some new 3DS hardware soon, probably in the Spring.

That's the rumor which is why i'm waiting for the refresh. Although the rumor also says Nintendo may drop 3D for the refresh.

#107 Nico8912

Nico8912

Claptrap's Minion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:31 AM

That's the rumor which is why i'm waiting for the refresh. Although the rumor also says Nintendo may drop 3D for the refresh.

That seems like a stupid rumor, it's not a 3DS without 3D. That would be the same as them removing a screen when the DS lite came out. Anyways, what's up on the Ghost of Sparta deal? In store only? online? Do you have to be a member?

#108 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

That seems like a stupid rumor, it's not a 3DS without 3D. That would be the same as them removing a screen when the DS lite came out. Anyways, what's up on the Ghost of Sparta deal? In store only? online? Do you have to be a member?

The thing that makes me think its possible they have a version without 3d is the warning they have to put on the box. Kids are a HUGE segment of the handheld market and a lot of parents are very concerned with the warning/impact 3d has on kids eyes(even though I know you can turn it off and lock it). I think they would still have a 3d version along side it though, like the dsi and dsi XL.

#109 Gkage

Gkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

True, but consider this: the rumor was originated from 01net. This is the same site that said it received info that the 3ds would be accompanied by a second stick in the future...way back in July/August. They have also revealed many other things going on in game companies, with them turning out to be accurate.

01net says that the new DS will lose the 3d since parents are scared that it will harm their kids' eyes, while including more power for better graphics. Given their track record, I'd say it's better to just wait til at least E3 in May to see what's coming before purchasing a 3DS.

For example: http://www.eurogamer...overhaul-report

#110 PlayerXXX

PlayerXXX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

Been wanting another Xbox/Kinect for the dance/exercise room we have, so couldn't pass up on the Xbox + 100 GC deal. Unfortunately every store is completely sold out, but at least they are guaranteeing delivery by 12/24 for free, so guess it saves me the hassle of going back to Best Buy (YET AGAIN!).

Was hoping to use my little coupon that saves me $25 when I spend $250 though, but it's for in store only and I had to order it online. Oh well at least I used my $100 reward zone certificate that I earned for the preorder 5 bonus and snagged it for $199.

Not too shabby, but I have a hunch this will be dropping in price after the holidays since everyone has been running some sort of free GC with purchase kind of deal at some point.

#111 Dalerax

Dalerax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

Been wanting another Xbox/Kinect for the dance/exercise room we have, so couldn't pass up on the Xbox + 100 GC deal. Unfortunately every store is completely sold out, but at least they are guaranteeing delivery by 12/24 for free, so guess it saves me the hassle of going back to Best Buy (YET AGAIN!).

Is the Kinect really a viable workout option with a game like Your Shape: Fitness Evolved? I've been considering picking up a Kinect mainly for this option but I've heard mixed reviews on if it's a good enough workout or not. Games like Dance Central and Kinect Sports would just be icing on the cake in this scenario. I've been back and forth for months on trying to decide on buying a Kinect. I don't really have friends over to play around with it but the easy workout in your living room (and embarrassing dancing) has me intrigued.

#112 Vangerdahast

Vangerdahast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:26 AM

been waiting for the proper link on Best Buy's site for the PS3 Uncharted deal. Stuff's in my cart but the price doesn't reflect the deal w/ the free gift card & Uncharted duel pack. Should I buy it & get the difference in store when I pick it up?

#113 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

Was hoping to use my little coupon that saves me $25 when I spend $250 though, but it's for in store only and I had to order it online. Oh well at least I used my $100 reward zone certificate that I earned for the preorder 5 bonus and snagged it for $199.

Not too shabby, but I have a hunch this will be dropping in price after the holidays since everyone has been running some sort of free GC with purchase kind of deal at some point.

the coupon excludes systems so there's no 10% off or $25 gc for spending $250. They do this b/c gc deals are usually part of console promos which are reinbursed by Sony/MS/Nintendo. But savvy CAG's will know that you can still use the purchase to buffer a higher gc amount but only when BB ISN'T offering a gc...basically spend whatever on a console & then add other items to increase the gc amount to max. The system will issue the the gc base on your total purchase amount INCLUDING the console.
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=296183

#114 WankerJist

WankerJist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:51 PM

Have been waiting for Sonic Generations on 360 to drop down in price - time to scoop it up!

#115 mattvander

mattvander

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

Got the Uncharted PS3 deal from BB thanks to this thread. Thanks OP

#116 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

I got shot down for a PM of skyrim because, according to customer service, they can only PM BB.com orders ( i did in store pickup) with a return/rebuy

Since I only paid 5 dollars on my credit card and the rest was gift card, she was going to charge me 40 bucks on my card and said they would "email me" the refund in credit.

I figured its better to have paid 5 bucks for skyrim than pay 40 bucks but get a 55 dollar best buy gift card

Anyone know if this is legit? Should I try another best buy? Why cant they just give me the different in gift card like a normal PM?

#117 Cris92x

Cris92x

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

Try a different best buy, it always depends who attends you and whether they know what to do because it does get confusing.

#118 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

Try a different best buy, it always depends who attends you and whether they know what to do because it does get confusing.

Defintiely, but since technically I'm past the 30 days (the pm extension began 2 days after I bought it) I was hoping to sneak it in with another PM

Will try my other best buy, seems rather silly I would have to pay more money to get a "refund"

#119 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

Defintiely, but since technically I'm past the 30 days (the pm extension began 2 days after I bought it) I was hoping to sneak it in with another PM

Will try my other best buy, seems rather silly I would have to pay more money to get a "refund"

Just return rebuy. Any orders between 11/1-12/24 qualify for holiday return period until 1/24 or somewhere near there

#120 GamerbyDesign

GamerbyDesign

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

What are the chances Best Buy will price match the 3DS plus still give the giftcard?