$10 LA Noire(Vanilla) after -$10 off @gamer mag coupon @ BB

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This is the regular "vanilla" version of the game not the recently released "complete" edition which has been avail for $30 several times.

Although this is posted in the @gamer thread the post isn't wiki & the OP doesn't reflect the stacks to keep the current deals visable since people still seem to miss out on the deals found in the thread.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308421

:ps3::360: LA Noire

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=3181570790529455266&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=L.A.+Noire&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Eq4c2e412e204e6f697265%7E%7Enf399%7C%7C4f6e2053616c65&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

Whatever you do, PLAY THE GAME STRAIGHT THROUGH!! Don't redo a mission at any time during your first play through. It will fuck up your current game progress and you'll have to do everything all over again. This alone made me sell my copy.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Whatever you do, PLAY THE GAME STRAIGHT THROUGH!! Don't redo a mission at any time during your first play through. It will fuck up your current game progress and you'll have to do everything all over again. This alone made me sell my copy.[/QUOTE]

This. I got to the vice desk and had to restart. Other than that this is a fantastic game.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Whatever you do, PLAY THE GAME STRAIGHT THROUGH!! Don't redo a mission at any time during your first play through. It will fuck up your current game progress and you'll have to do everything all over again. This alone made me sell my copy.[/QUOTE]

i'm getting this thru that $1 gamefly rental deal, does this apply to both the ps3 and 360 version?

[quote name='danh920']i'm getting this thru that $1 gamefly rental deal, does this apply to both the ps3 and 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Happened on 360. It was also a problem around the launch of this game and rocksteady never did anything to correct the problem.

Does this problem always occur? Because I bought the game at launch and I highly doubt I played the game straight through without replaying any missions...

lol, thought I was getting a deal when I bought this on clearance for $12 from Target. Goes to show unless it's Brink-priced at $5, it can always get cheaper.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']lol, thought I was getting a deal when I bought this on clearance for $12 from Target. Goes to show unless it's Brink-priced at $5, it can always get cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I got 2 copies of brink for free from gamefly. $5 isn't low enough.

I am not a big fan of this game for numerous reasons. You might enjoy it if you go in with low expectations but if you were expecting a clever, challenging, taut, suspenseful adventure game in the style of any dozen detective movies you will be sorely disappointed.

Gosh, it feels like I have to add a sentence like the latter every time I express thumbs down of about any game lest people accuse me of expecting a shooter or something.

As far as cash value goes, it's probably cheaper to buy this instead of the complete version. If the 360 version complete gets the PS3 exclusive case then that'd be the only loss. That's not a bad case... hell, most of the DLC cases except for Reefer Madness are on the decent side of the board, but considering LA Noire's standard quality that isn't saying much. Just get this and the season pass and I think you're ahead a few bucks if you REALLY want those DLC cases. You can always play the game the whole way through and then decide if it is worth hopping back in for them.

Had a $15 gift card from BB from messing up an order, used it to get this and some trigger add ons for my ps3 controller. $1.03 out the door, been waiting for this game for awhile. Thanks OP.

just beat this last week. Loved it. I usually hate slower games, and there wasn't much action, but loved this. I suggest finding a guide online, I never use guides, but really enjoyed using it and it helped out big time. Must buy at this price.

[quote name='craig.courtney']Had a $15 gift card from BB from messing up an order, used it to get this and some trigger add ons for my ps3 controller. $1.03 out the door, been waiting for this game for awhile. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]
In my opinion, those trigger add-ons are the best thing they've ever made for the PS3. My fingers used to slip off the triggers constantly before I added them onto my Dual Shock 3.

Hate to ask what may be a stupid question...but is there anyway to get this deal without having a subscription to @Gamer magazine? I would love to grab LA Noire at this price but it's not worth having to pay $15 for the magazine first and then $10 on top of that for the game...

[quote name='mastaspy007']Hate to ask what may be a stupid question...but is there anyway to get this deal without having a subscription to @Gamer magazine? I would love to grab LA Noire at this price but it's not worth having to pay $15 for the magazine first and then $10 on top of that for the game...[/QUOTE]

I will send you the coupon if you can paypal me a dollar. Since I am in california too it shouldnt take too long for you to get it.

[quote name='mastaspy007']Hate to ask what may be a stupid question...but is there anyway to get this deal without having a subscription to @Gamer magazine? I would love to grab LA Noire at this price but it's not worth having to pay $15 for the magazine first and then $10 on top of that for the game...[/QUOTE]
It would cost $5 to buy the magazine and then use the coupon. So you'd get LA Noire for $15

I'm in the same situation, I'm not subscribed to Gamer mag either. I was at BB today and had L.A. Noire and a magazine in hand, but just couldn't do it at $15. If I didn't have to buy the magazine to get the coupon, I'd bite.

Also, how many times has the "Complete Edition" been on sale for $30 since it's release? It's currently $30 right now at Wallyworld. It's just a matter of time before it's $20 or less.

Had to buy one of these magazines in-store a few weeks back when mine had yet to arrive and I wanted to take advantage of the Once Upon a Monster coupon. Naturally, the very next day my mag arrived. So today, with 2 coupons in hand, I bought a PS3 and 360 copy of L.A. Noire. Now that $5 mag purchase a few weeks back can feel a little more justified in my cheapa$$-gamer mind. lol

Looks like the 360 version doesn't contain the extra case content the PS3 version has. Both say they have the "Sharpshooter" detective suit, however.

so I didn't see this answered yet, but I should probably make the obvious assumption that these coupons don't have a coupon code that can be entered online do they? I have a $5 RZ gift card to use and would love to stack that with $10 off LA Noire...but no where near a store atm...

[quote name='XT14']so I didn't see this answered yet, but I should probably make the obvious assumption that these coupons don't have a coupon code that can be entered online do they? I have a $5 RZ gift card to use and would love to stack that with $10 off LA Noire...but no where near a store atm...[/QUOTE]

The @Gamer mag coupons are in-store only.

[quote name='XT14']so I didn't see this answered yet, but I should probably make the obvious assumption that these coupons don't have a coupon code that can be entered online do they? I have a $5 RZ gift card to use and would love to stack that with $10 off LA Noire...but no where near a store atm...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately thats a drawback with the coupons. They cant be used online or even with instore pickup.Maybe one day. They did change it so u can use it on sale prices so you never know.

Cant wait to grab LA Noire for $10. Last used my Batman AA coupon to grab it for $10.

Ive been subscribed for a few months and dont regret it at all. Some of you should consider paying the extra $10 and getting the sub rather than magazines individually. I havent used EVER coupon but Ive gotten alot of games for $10 and sold them off to make a few dollars back. Pretty sure with a few coupons and the extra 10% trade in, my magazine has paid itself over and then some.

just picked it up, one Best Buy was already out, the guy told me he jus sold the last copy 10 mins ago, had togo to the 2nd one. Its an awesome game, i had for PS3 when it came out, but traded it in for $48 6weeks later, now bought for xbox, will go for 100% completion, and it will remain in my collection!!

$10 is a steal, also don't wait on the complete edition even when its $30, buy this for $10, then buy the season pass for 900 points, and you have the complete edition for $20-21!!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']In my opinion, those trigger add-ons are the best thing they've ever made for the PS3. My fingers used to slip off the triggers constantly before I added them onto my Dual Shock 3.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Yes...I hate though when im in multiplayer and the thing pops off when facing off with someone and I die cause I can't find the shoot button.

[quote name='mastaspy007']Hate to ask what may be a stupid question...but is there anyway to get this deal without having a subscription to @Gamer magazine? I would love to grab LA Noire at this price but it's not worth having to pay $15 for the magazine first and then $10 on top of that for the game...[/QUOTE]you should subscribe otherwise you'll find yourself in the same situation like you are now. After you purchase two $5 single mags your already "losing" since you could be covered for the full yr for $15. Also, sell unwanted coupons to defer the cost & when then send out the next batch of unlocked coupons you wont be able to sub. then & still get them before they expire or maybe not at all. Simply put the $15 pays for itself usually in 2 mags.

[quote name='Indyjones']I'm in the same situation, I'm not subscribed to Gamer mag either. I was at BB today and had L.A. Noire and a magazine in hand, but just couldn't do it at $15. If I didn't have to buy the magazine to get the coupon, I'd bite.

Also, how many times has the "Complete Edition" been on sale for $30 since it's release? It's currently $30 right now at Wallyworld. It's just a matter of time before it's $20 or less.[/QUOTE]^^^get the sub it's worth it & the complete edition has seen $30 at least 4 times. BB had it, AMZ matched & some other store did too & AMZ matched as well.

Just picked this up a few hours ago after seeing it was on sale on the site. For those wondering if they should get the subscription or not, you should definitely get it. If you use only one $20 off coupon you recoup the cost in one purchase. Since I have subscribed, I have used coupons on 5 games or so, 2 in this month's mag alone. I haven't even mentioned the bonus trade in values I was able to attain this holiday season due to being an unlocked member.

In conclusion: DO IT!

[quote name='Enuf']you should subscribe otherwise you'll find yourself in the same situation like you are now. After you purchase two $5 single mags your already "losing" since you could be covered for the full yr for $15. Also, sell unwanted coupons to defer the cost & when then send out the next batch of unlocked coupons you wont be able to sub. then & still get them before they expire or maybe not at all. Simply put the $15 pays for itself usually in 2 mags.

^^^get the sub it's worth it & the complete edition has seen $30 at least 4 times. BB had it, AMZ matched & some other store did too & AMZ matched as well.[/QUOTE]

The sub is $15? I could've sworn it was listed at $19.99 for 10 issues in the store. I might have to do this. So then the question is, if I get the "vanilla" version, what's the best system for this - PS3 or 360? It looks like both come with the "detective sharpshooter" code, but the PS3 version has an extra case.

[quote name='Indyjones']The sub is $15? I could've sworn it was listed at $19.99 for 10 issues in the store. I might have to do this. So then the question is, if I get the "vanilla" version, what's the best system for this - PS3 or 360? It looks like both come with the "detective sharpshooter" code, but the PS3 version has an extra case.[/QUOTE]

According to various sources, the PS3 version also runs better and has the added convenience of being contained all on one disc.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Happened on 360. It was also a problem around the launch of this game and rocksteady never did anything to correct the problem.[/QUOTE]

rocksteady :???: when did they work on L.A. Noire?

[quote name='r3zzy']probably meant rockstar lol[/QUOTE]
Wasn't Team Bondi the guys that developed the game and Rockstar published it? As of right now I believe Bondi is now defunct so probably won't be any fixes on this at all

[quote name='r3zzy']Just picked this up a few hours ago after seeing it was on sale on the site. For those wondering if they should get the subscription or not, you should definitely get it. If you use only one $20 off coupon you recoup the cost in one purchase. Since I have subscribed, I have used coupons on 5 games or so, 2 in this month's mag alone. I haven't even mentioned the bonus trade in values I was able to attain this holiday season due to being an unlocked member.

In conclusion: DO IT![/QUOTE]exactly & use this coupon along with other purchases to get a giftcard
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296183

[quote name='Indyjones']The sub is $15? I could've sworn it was listed at $19.99 for 10 issues in the store. I might have to do this. So then the question is, if I get the "vanilla" version, what's the best system for this - PS3 or 360? It looks like both come with the "detective sharpshooter" code, but the PS3 version has an extra case.[/QUOTE]yep just $15 ^^^

Grabbed my $10 copy today. Picked the PS3 version cause its the better one to buy. Also has the Sharpshooter suit preorder DLC with it. Awesome deal.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Just left Bestbuy & its SOLD OUT.
Is the sale for today only or this week?[/QUOTE]
It's still going on so it should be for the week.

Thanks OP. Nabbed this after work today. Cashier did the "coupon flip" dance for a minute or two before finally just scanning it. Was able to print a $5 Reward Zone Cert today too so knocked it down to $5.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']It's still going on so it should be for the week.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's good. Tomorrow morning am heading to the city to find a copy.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Thanks OP. Nabbed this after work today. Cashier did the "coupon flip" dance for a minute or two before finally just scanning it. Was able to print a $5 Reward Zone Cert today too so knocked it down to $5.[/QUOTE]LOL :whee: I just had that happen when using my b2g1 coupon then I told her they all work on sale prices & she looked after scanning and was like "good deal" like I didn't already know it was.

Grabbed this for $10, then came home and grabbed the Rockstar Pass on sale for 480 MS points. Beats waiting for the complete edition to drop that low!

I did some research and it appears that if you want the 'full' LA noire experience by purchasing the 360 version plus the rockstar's pass, youll be missing one case.

The consul car case. Which is ps3 exclusive case. And it's a dlc and it's not available on rockstar pass for 360 version.

However, ALL of the dlc cases is available on 360 version of the 'complete edition'.But for me personally, I bought the ps3 version sometime ago. Finished the game. And wouldve love to play those dlc cases as well, but not at full admission prices. I was looking to get the complete edition. But i figured buy the regular edition at cheap plus the rockstar pass would be the better and cheaper option. Minus one case on 360 of course.

bread's done
Back