L.A. Noire Rockstar pass on Sale for 480 points!

so that's like $6 right?

Or I can have a vanilla copy of this game for $10 after BB coupon...

decisions decisions

[quote name='jooanyenna']so that's like $6 right?

Or I can have a vanilla copy of this game for $10 after BB coupon...

decisions decisions[/QUOTE]

Decisions? This is for all the extra content that is in the complete edition. Getting the complete edition for around 16 is a steal. I personally hate this game. Only game I ever stopped playing due to the intense repetitiveness.

Hmm shame this hasn't been discounted on the PSN. Anyone know how they set prices? It's by the publishers right so what stops them from doing so?

If you enjoy the main game this is a must have expansion and a great deal for only $6. I spent $10 on the expansion and I was pleased with my purchase and I usually never pay for DLC. But then again this is probably one of my top 5 games this year so milage will vary.

[quote name='jamehze']Hmm shame this hasn't been discounted on the PSN. Anyone know how they set prices? It's by the publishers right so what stops them from doing so?[/QUOTE]

The PS Store usually only updates on Tuesdays unlike the Xbox Marketplace which seems to have updates every other day.
If it's a publisher thing and not a Microsoft thing I'd expect it to hit PSN in tomorrows update.

Personally I hope it hits PSN tomorrow, if it does I'm running down to BestBuy to snag one of those $10 Vanilla copies

Hoping for PSN too, I bought it used on PS3 and got lucky with 2 dlc codes coming with the purchase but I'd still pay $6 for the rest of them, who knows might play the game again some day.

They all add up to a pretty sizable addition of content and a couple are really great cases. If you like the game, definitely a steal at 6 bucks.

thanks for pointing this out. i just got the vanilla LAN cheap and this makes it even better

[quote name='DFogz']The PS Store usually only updates on Tuesdays unlike the Xbox Marketplace which seems to have updates every other day.
If it's a publisher thing and not a Microsoft thing I'd expect it to hit PSN in tomorrows update.

Personally I hope it hits PSN tomorrow, if it does I'm running down to BestBuy to snag one of those $10 Vanilla copies[/QUOTE]

I thought Live Marketplace updates on Wednesdays? Are sales really just up to them to decide at any time?

[quote name='jamehze']I thought Live Marketplace updates on Wednesdays? Are sales really just up to them to decide at any time?[/QUOTE]

XBLA pushes content/price changes whenever they want. Usually new games come out on Wednesday, but their marketplace isn't nearly as structured as PSN's "push everything on Tuesday" model.

picked up the game just recently for 11.xx at Target on CLX.

also, looking at xbox.com it looks like I have 840 points that I didn't even know I had just chilling - so I'm thinking about doing this.

I also got the vanilla copy at Target on clearance but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. It's a little off-putting the the download size for this is only 108 KB, so all of this content must already be on the disc. So then does that mean that the "Complete Edition" is the same exact thing but not locked like the vanilla one? Interesting...

[quote name='wigglesizking']Wait, will I get free DLC if I get this Season Pass?[/QUOTE]

The L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass includes all the following:

- The Broderick Detective Suit
- The Sharpshooter Detective Suit
- The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit
- "The Naked City" Vice Case
- "A Slip Of The Tongue" Traffic Case
- "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case
- "Reefer Madness" Vice Case."

[quote name='suwillgetu']So then does that mean that the "Complete Edition" is the same exact thing but not locked like the vanilla one? Interesting...[/QUOTE]

More like infuriating...

I don't care about the suits (the Broderick was included when I paid $60 for the original release), so are those 4 cases worth $6? I started playing the game again today after leaving it for a while (I just started the 2nd disc), and although I don't completely love the game I do like it. I want to play these missions (which could and should have been included with the original release), but I don't want to feel any more ripped off than I already do.

Already finished the game once, but was watching Mad Men on Blu, which really made me wanted to play this game again (a lot of Mad Men actors make cameos in the film, apart from the lead character of course). The DLCs are nice and add value to the game, so I'd recommend it if you're a fan.

[quote name='Dragon164z']The L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass includes all the following:

- The Broderick Detective Suit
- The Sharpshooter Detective Suit
- The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit
- "The Naked City" Vice Case
- "A Slip Of The Tongue" Traffic Case
- "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case
- "Reefer Madness" Vice Case."

[/QUOTE]

Yup, basically most of the DLC that's in the Complete Edition I might just get this instead of forking out $40 buying the complete edition. I still don't understand Season Passes at all for games...Now if Gamefly adds LA Noire to it's Year end sale I will bite the bullet on the game

[quote name='suwillgetu']So then does that mean that the "Complete Edition" is the same exact thing but not locked like the vanilla one? Interesting...[/QUOTE]

The 108kb file is just the rockstar pass, which unlocks all the dlc via the ingame menu for you to download. The actual dlc cases are around 250mb each, so don't worry the dlc cases are not on the vanilla disc

[quote name='loomis1975']Why would a sale for Xbox live be available for PSN?[/QUOTE]

I think he meant it would be nice if it also went on sale on PSN.

And I agree I hope it goes on sale for the same price (or cheaper) on PSN. It will go along nice with the $12 copy I snagged from GF last week.

[quote name='wigglesizking']I still don't understand Season Passes at all for games...[/QUOTE]

Essentially you buy the Season Pass, then you get all of the DLC they release for free. (Usually a pretty nice discount compared to buying them individually)

[quote name='wigglesizking'] most of the DLC that's in the Complete Edition[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I didn't realize that one was missing. They couldn't have included "The Consul's Car" case? :evil:

The only difference between the Pass and the Complete Edition is the "Consul's Car" case, which was a PS3-only bonus before the CE came out. There aren't any achievements associated with it.

The DLC cases are good, but not radically different from anything in the base game. It's a case of, if you enjoy the game, here's more of it.

[quote name='nateeasy29']I dont even own the game and I just bought the pass.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I've done that too. Too bad the last time I did that, GameStop raised the game by five dollars and put it out of my range.

[quote name='The 7th Number']So the the "Consul's Car" case is on the complete edition on both ps3/360?[/QUOTE]
yeah but much cheaper to buy plain edition plus season pass and omit the one case. i like your profile pic btw

I wish PSN would follow suit. Right now the pass is sitting at as much as I paid for the game itself.

Bought this when I saw it at this price. Game is in my backlog, but when I play it finally, it will be awesome to play these cases as part of the main game.

Just a warning though, the game saves are not cross-compatible between the standard and complete versions, so if you get one version, you're stuck with it unless you want to replay everything.

Which sucks, because I have the standard version for the 360, and want the complete edition to play the Consul's Car.

I went to Target and noticed the vanilla version of L.A. Noire being advertised as the complete edition. I knew the game had been on clearance a few weeks ago, so I asked for a price check. Picked it up for $11.98 and bought the season pass. Awesome.

Edit: I figured by the size of the season pass you are unlocking all the DLC on the disc, but I have to download each case and suit individually. I don't think all or any of it is on the disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is everything that the Complete Edition has right? I got the PS3 version in my backlog so hopefully there will be a discount on that version of the L.A. Noire Rockstar pass.

Still wish there was an actual expansion disc for the vanilla version, but I'll download it all for about $6 on the PSN.

bread's done
Back