Photo
- - - - -

[PS Vita] Gravity Rush - June 12th, 2012

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

Got my Newegg copy today, about 3 hours in and its pretty cool so far, but there are a few "what the heck!?" moments scattered into the story, here's one of them (spoiler free):

http://redd.it/uyptf

Whoa haven't seen that yet. I wonder wtf is going on. Btw yeah I turned down both sensitivitys. Feels better that way for me.

#62 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

So I pre-ordered this from Walmart.com since I had a $40 GC. I was shocked it showed up on release day. It was supposed to come with the same DLC as Amazon but received nothing. I thought it would come in the game box but no voucher.

Anybody ever pre-order from Walmart.com before that included DLC?

I sent them an email about it but just waiting to hear back.

Edited by Bumslie, 13 June 2012 - 12:08 AM.

BumslieOG.png

#63 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

still didn't get my package from the UPS. So much for RDD Amazon.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#64 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

So I pre-ordered this from Walmart.com since I had a $40 GC. I was shocked it showed up on release day. It was supposed to come with the same DLC as Amazon but received nothing. I thought it would come in the game box but no voucher.

Anybody ever pre-order from Walmart.com before that included DLC?

I sent them an email about it but just waiting to hear back.

From my experience any unique dlc that comes from walmart.com has been included on a card / paper and packaged with the game outside of the case (i.e. plastic wrapped together). It's probably fairly random though.

#65 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

From my experience any unique dlc that comes from walmart.com has been included on a card / paper and packaged with the game outside of the case (i.e. plastic wrapped together). It's probably fairly random though.

Ok so I got the DLC. Walmart FedEx'd my game for release day delivery. Then I just got the mail in. Walmart mailed me the voucher in another envelope. Says DLC is only good 6/12-9/30/2012.

Now time to play Gravity Rush!

BumslieOG.png

#66 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

lol, the shipment place for UPS by me had a fire and my package got burned. No Gravity Rush until thursday for me.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#67 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

I just played the demo. I know I am probably in the minority, but I didn't really like it. At first it seemed cool, but the constant moving all over the screen grew a little tiresome for me. I guess it just wasn't my type of game. I hope it does well though, because I want to see the Vita succeed, and feel that the Vita is extremely underrated.

#68 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:45 AM

So i turned off motion controls and I am really enjoying the demo now. I think I might buy it from the store tonight. What a difference that really made.

#69 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Just picked this up with BB trade in credit. Cant wait to pop it in. Loved the demo

#70 orntar

orntar

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

The game is great. I played for about an hour (not alot, I know) and I love it.

The demo takes place on the second "mission" you might say. It actually just before it changes to open world.

The world doesn't seem huge, but its big enough, and I don't know yet if you open up more of it in time.

It is very japanese, though. Lots of weird facial expressions and little girl groans and whimpers. I think I will end up using my Military DLC code, cause I do not like the default costume.

I wonder what they did with all this time from the JP launch till US? Its still foreign language with subtitles.

#71 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

So, the way the Best Buy employee handled my pre-order gave me two DLC codes. One was how he rang up my pre-order purchase and the other was how he rang it up without it being a preorder. Anyways, I have an extra Military Pack/Special forces DLC code. Just PM me if you are actually going to use it and I will give it to you.

Edit: Claimed.

Edited by Alkalinejoe, 14 June 2012 - 03:50 AM.

#72 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

Can't get over the size and visuals of this world. Makes me appreciate my Vita as hardware even more than I already did.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#73 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

Can't get over the size and visuals of this world. Makes me appreciate my Vita as hardware even more than I already did.

Yeah its amazing. It still blows me away and I'm at episode 13. But I still kinda don't like the gravity slide challenges. But I can usually get silver on it.

#74 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

I'm really enjoying how easy it is to quickly get around, though I haven't opened up the other areas in the world yet.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#75 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

Great game so far. The gravity kick is really annoying when you miss though. Which is all the time.

#76 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

Slide challenges are annoying.

#77 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

on episode 18 now and the finally adjusted to the controls. don't have to think so much about what buttons i need to press to do what. still enjoying the game and it's even better now that the controls are second nature.

#78 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

Slide challenges are annoying.

Ill admit my excitement sadly turned to frustration with the controls. Mostly from doing the side quests like races and score attack. The gravity flying is just so wonky at times and the grav kick can be hell.

However I figured to avoid frustration I wouldnt keep replaying the side missions. I figure as I play more of the game and level up, things will get easier. At that point Ill go back and try to get the Golds on the side missions.

Im hoping the controls grow on me more since everything else about the game is cool.

#79 orntar

orntar

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

FYI- You need to pass mission 17 before you can play the military mission in order to unlock the outfit.

pretty lame.

#80 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

Ill admit my excitement sadly turned to frustration with the controls. Mostly from doing the side quests like races and score attack. The gravity flying is just so wonky at times and the grav kick can be hell.

However I figured to avoid frustration I wouldnt keep replaying the side missions. I figure as I play more of the game and level up, things will get easier. At that point Ill go back and try to get the Golds on the side missions.

Im hoping the controls grow on me more since everything else about the game is cool.

I don't think it's possible to get gold on the challenges without stat upgrades. I don't really have an issue with the gravity flying because it's as awkward as flying by falling would be. Something that hit me on the way home from work is that if she flies by shifting gravity shouldn't she accelerate as she falls?

#81 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

I don't think it's possible to get gold on the challenges without stat upgrades. I don't really have an issue with the gravity flying because it's as awkward as flying by falling would be. Something that hit me on the way home from work is that if she flies by shifting gravity shouldn't she accelerate as she falls?

Yeah true but eventually she would hit terminal velocity.

#82 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

I cannot comprehend how Gamespot gave this game a 6.5 in their review...then again, consider the source.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#83 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

I cannot comprehend how Gamespot gave this game a 6.5 in their review...then again, consider the source.

Same here. I absolutely love this game. I can't wait for the DLC.

#84 stevebass

stevebass

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

I bought this game but I am waiting to play it until the assassin creed bundle comes out at $250.

#85 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

Despite how much I'm enjoying this game (some of the challenges aside) it could have seriously benefited from a Restart Mission feature. Being able to retry after finishing a botched race doesn't really do it for me.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

#86 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

Despite how much I'm enjoying this game (some of the challenges aside) it could have seriously benefited from a Restart Mission feature. Being able to retry after finishing a botched race doesn't really do it for me.

^This!

#87 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

Yeah kinda sucks but its not gamebreaking. Even if you have to finish the race or let time run out, its only a minute or so of your life.

#88 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

Or you could just hit cancel mission, in the start menu, then start it again once the game loads up. I know it's not restart, but that's what I have been doing. And I agree, though, it does need a restart mission option.

#89 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Oh sure, it's not gamebreaking, but it's still something that could have been better. I tend to just cancel and retry as well; it's pretty much the only time I notice the load times (which are absolutely forgivable given the size of the game.)

However, using the "minute of your life" stance doesn't really promote improvement, especially in game design. It's all about streamlining, and like I said, I'm scraping for criticisms of this game as it is. I think it fantastic.

I only even brought it up because I finally beat the game and now I'm going back to mop up missions. Probably never would have noticed if I peppered them in with the full game.

#90 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

Oh sure, it's not gamebreaking, but it's still something that could have been better. I tend to just cancel and retry as well; it's pretty much the only time I notice the load times (which are absolutely forgivable given the size of the game.)

However, using the "minute of your life" stance doesn't really promote improvement, especially in game design. It's all about streamlining, and like I said, I'm scraping for criticisms of this game as it is. I think it fantastic.

I only even brought it up because I finally beat the game and now I'm going back to mop up missions. Probably never would have noticed if I peppered them in with the full game.

Haha yeah I totally understand your POV. I just love this game so much that I don't mind the little bad things here and there. This game has finally justified the purchase of my vita.