Goldeneye 007 (Wii) bundled with Golden Classic Controller for $30 at Big Lots!

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
14cwcjk.jpg

Looks like Activision produced too many, so now they have to sell them at outlets on the cheap.

Wow, that is a huge stack. New to CAG, but I picked up the only copy they had at my local Big Lots last week. Also remember seeing inFAMOUS for $18.88.

Great game. Priced too high.

Game is best played with a pointer and nunchuck. Gamepad is too slow. But, (yes, there is a but) its a good way to get a gamepad. The gamepad is great for Monster Hunter Tri and virtual console games.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Walmart.com has them for $30 as well with free site to store[/QUOTE]

Just ordered one off of Walmart with in-store pickup. Have to wait for the first week of 2012, but still + the Walmart version comes with a T-Shirt + I used up some more of a Giftcard balance I had.

Edit: Probably should have just shipped to my house for $2, would have got here a whole week earlier, but oh well.

Hope to find this at my Big Lots. I want this more for the golden classic controller. Does this match the golden Wiimote + that comes with the Zelda Skyward Sword bundle?

Already have Goldeneye on the Wii, might trade in my used copy if I can find this since I don't have a classic controller yet.

[quote name='donssword']Great game. Priced too high.

Game is best played with a pointer and nunchuck. Gamepad is too slow. But, (yes, there is a but) its a good way to get a gamepad. The gamepad is great for Monster Hunter Tri and virtual console games.[/QUOTE]

Can you use the classic to play gamecube games? (one day I gotta finish Eternal Darkness)

[quote name='hostyl1']Can you use the classic to play gamecube games? (one day I gotta finish Eternal Darkness)[/QUOTE]

No, you have to use the gamecube ports at the top of the system. When the Wii goes into "Gamecube mode" it basically forgets it's a Wii and functions exactly like a Gamecube. This means it turns off the Wii remotes and any chance of using Wii-related accessories. Its also the same reason why you can't use the Wii's wi-fi for the Gamecube broadband games.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No, you have to use the gamecube ports at the top of the system. When the Wii goes into "Gamecube mode" it basically forgets it's a Wii and functions exactly like a Gamecube. This means it turns off the Wii remotes and any chance of using Wii-related accessories. Its also the same reason why you can't use the Wii's wi-fi for the Gamecube broadband games.[/QUOTE]

This is actually a gamepad pro, http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Controller-Pro-Black-Nintendo/dp/B002TLTBN0/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_text_b .

This controller plugs into the wiimote and not the gamecube ports. These are designed with the newer wii systems in mind that do not have any gamecube ports.

[quote name='terb73']This is actually a gamepad pro, http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Controller-Pro-Black-Nintendo/dp/B002TLTBN0/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_text_b .

This controller plugs into the wiimote and not the gamecube ports. These are designed with the newer wii systems in mind that do not have any gamecube ports.[/QUOTE]

I realize that but classic controller or classic controller pro, the result is the same, it plugs into the Wii remote and thus not usable with gamecube games. I think you misread my original post.

Just got notice that mine arrived at Walmart. Will pick it up after dinner. Took awhile, but I guess it was worth it. Walmart still has this in-stock on their site.

Just ordered mine from Walmart.com. Is there a way to make the title of this thread more accurate?

Big lots doesn't tend to restock their stuff so if they never had Goldeneye to begin with (like mine) they won't suddenly have it for $30. They had plenty of big game hunter though, god forbid we ever run out of that.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Sorry for the necro-bump, but I was at Big Lots today and these are now on clearance for 20.00 (or at least tagged that way)[/QUOTE]

I checked several big lots for these and haven't seen any.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I checked several big lots for these and haven't seen any.[/QUOTE]

There were 15+ at the Big Lots near me (Ohio area store)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']There were 15+ at the Big Lots near me (Ohio area store)[/QUOTE]

Where exactly in Ohio? Depending on how close I am, I may try to grab one myself.

[quote name='terb73']This is actually a gamepad pro, http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Controller-Pro-Black-Nintendo/dp/B002TLTBN0/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_text_b .

This controller plugs into the wiimote and not the gamecube ports. These are designed with the newer wii systems in mind that do not have any gamecube ports.[/QUOTE]

I scored 2 black classic controllers for $15 over year plus ago on amazon buy 1 get 1 FREE. I may picked the bundle under $25 with 20% off coupon just for GOLD controller :)

I got two of theses bundles for $7.50 both on TRU when they went on clearance months ago. The controller is the latest version w/ the grips and is a gold matte color. You plug it into a wiimote for it to work. The controller itself is very light, the cord is long enough to have the wiimote set on your side while you play though.

bread's done
Back