Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/25/11 to 12/31/11)

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#151 duckydan

duckydan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:25 AM

Thanks duckydan for sharing some more insight to my questions. Happy holidays. Just thought i throw this out there but any chance some other competitors might match TRU's b1g1 40% off like Walmart or target?

Amazon MAY... the others likely won't since there's no need to right now.

#152 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:37 AM

My daughter got a lot of TRU gift cards due to her birthday and Christmas being two days apart... I'm wondering if, based on the ad, the Skylanders figures will drop back to $7.99 / $19.99. (The ad says "Buy 1 Get 1 25% off Skylanders Figures - $7.99 - $19.99 and shows singles and 3 packs).

I want to tell her no based on principle that they jacked up prices but in the same regards it's all she wants to buy with them...

Nice catch, I didnt notice the prices mentioned. I'll have to drop by tomorrow to take a look myself

Nothing to see here, move along!

#153 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:38 AM

So I have my best buy receipt from when I paid $50 for Zelda. They will give me $10 back with it and the ad right? Also saints row is $5 cheaper now.. But the problem is that it was a freebee(b2g1)..will they still give me The $5?

#154 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:40 AM

So I have my best buy receipt from when I paid $50 for Zelda. They will give me $10 back with it and the ad right? Also saints row is $5 cheaper now.. But the problem is that it was a freebee(b2g1)..will they still give me The $5?

They should. If not, then you could always buy it at the cheaper price and then return it on the old receipt.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#155 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:18 AM

hey guys, quick question, where can i go to return a game i got for Christmas without a receipt?

#156 phillip969

phillip969

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

Reading comprehension fail. He is talking about Brotherhood, which is the game that came before revelations. Best price that it has been is 9.99 during the BB sale. Should have picked it up then.

Crap, im an idiot.

#157 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

Is Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3) a good deal for $34.99?

#158 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

Just curious, would Best Buy give me back 10 bucks for the three Saints Row 3s I bought when it was B2G1F a couple weeks back?

ostzsk.jpg

#159 Rob Loblaw

Rob Loblaw

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:24 PM

Perfect timing on the 12 month live card. Mine is going to run out soon and I just got a BB gift card.

#160 Nazgul11

Nazgul11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

hey guys, quick question, where can i go to return a game i got for Christmas without a receipt?

If the game is sealed, Walmart will let you do a no receipt exchange for an item of the same value. On one rare occasion they offered me a gift card with the value of the item on it, but I wouldn't count on that happening since it isn't even their policy.

#161 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Ah, return fraud! Sounds like SD is more your crowd than CAG. SD discusses return fraud all the time. It is frowned upon by most CAG's.

#162 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

Just curious, would Best Buy give me back 10 bucks for the three Saints Row 3s I bought when it was B2G1F a couple weeks back?

I would like to know this as well. My online receipt shows that each game is about $27, instead of $40, $40 and $0.

And has anyone been successful PMing an Assassins Creed Revelation they bought on the release date?

Edited by shadowrage, 26 December 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#163 Gdogg

Gdogg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

Just wanted to report that I just got back from BB and had no problems using the gamer magazine coupon on Warhammer to make it $10.

I noticed the store had a bunch of Hulk Hogan's Main Event on the shelf even though if I check online it says the game is not available anywhere in my area. So I took it to the front desk hoping to price match the online price of $15 but I didn't even need to. The game rang up at $15.

Not too bad morning haul:

Warhammer PS3 $10
Hulk Hogan's Main Event $15
Winter Stars Kinect (store pick up) $10

#164 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

I was able to pm saints row 3 down when it was $30 a little while ago and I did the b2g1 free on it before. But I didn't get 3 copies of Saints 3 and didn't buy online.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#165 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

I was able to pm saints row 3 down when it was $30 a little while ago and I did the b2g1 free on it before. But I didn't get 3 copies of Saints 3 and didn't buy online.

This is where it gets tricky, especially if it is a online order/store pickup. I placed 2 B2G1 orders online. One rep told me they can not pm, since it was part of the sale, so I called back and got another rep who did pm.

For my second order I had another rep tell me that they have to do the pm in store for pickups, but I believe policy is it has to be handled via phone (plus the store might tell you they have to re-ring everything, so you would lose the b2g1 pricing).

I still have to get a pm on skyrim CE form the b2g1 onlineglitchedsale, so that will probably be a pain.

#166 jr7936

jr7936

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

well it turns out that the target I went to didn't get any of the averisted ps3 move bundles in, so i had them price match the original one with the gift card. came to be 319 after taxes, + a 75 dollar gift card, and i think sports game sounds better then everybody dance imo

#167 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

Ah, return fraud! Sounds like SD is more your crowd than CAG. SD discusses return fraud all the time. It is frowned upon by most CAG's.

excuse me, who do u think u are? seems like someone has a bad conscious....
anyways, dude, it was Christmas, ALOT of people including people here got gifts of games they already own or received duplicates of and are in the same boat.

Now, I already see someone said wallmart, anyone else have success with toys r us?

#168 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

anyways, dude, it was Christmas, ALOT of people including people here got gifts of games they already own or received duplicates of and are in the same boat.

Now, I already see someone said wallmart, anyone else have success with toys r us?

Whether it was a Xmas gift or not its still shady talking about returning things without a receipt to a store where you didn't buy it. But yah......walmart is probably your best bet. Lol

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#169 duckydan

duckydan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

Went to TRU as stated and they had skylanders figures on "sale" for $7.99/$19.99 and the 25% combined. My daughter got 2 3-packs and 2 singles for $50. Not as good as the b1g1 but better than the jacked up price they were charging.

#170 yahoosale14

yahoosale14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

lol at halo 4 pre order....

@lude21
You're not a CAG, you're a shithead.

#171 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

Its all good. Free Markets work out this kind of crap on their own.

Had to comment on just that haha... So not true, this is a big part of why the US is in the state it's in now. Consumers have gotten so lazy most don't shop around anymore and they just grab what they can. Placed like TRU know that parents would rather just buy it there for a few extra bucks than drive in traffic over to Target to buy them where they're cheaper. And unfortunately with the price of gas it DOES just make sense if TRU is closer or you know you'll be idling in traffic for a while.

Anyway, main point is...consumers are not; and have not been for many years now; doing their job to influence the "free market". What's even worse is that when they do, the government often flexes their muscles and comes in and saves the businesses anyway.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#172 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

Is Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3) a good deal for $34.99?

pretty good since it hasn't dropped like the other collections did plus you have till 1/24 to price match if it goes cheaper. I paid $40 along with 2 other $40 games using my b2g1 GCU coupons so I'm happy.

Zelda you get the $10 back but the b2g1 is YMMV plus if it's the "free" game you SOL. They may also cancel the whole B2g1 transaction when doing the price match thus killing the total deal for you.

Any chance Best Buy or Target still have limited editions of Battlefield 3 AND it would ring up at $39? I am not spending $15 on DLC even if I save $20 buying the game.

YMMV depends on which system since the PS3 version was taken off their site some time ago.

can someone explain to me how AC Brotherhood has constantly kept it's $29.99-39.99 price tag since it came out, besides the the few time's it's been on sale of course,?
I'd love to buy Revelations with some gift cards...but i still need to beat Brotherhood but im not paying $30..hell, even $20, when i got AC1 and 2 for between $4.99 and $9.99
Looks like the only game I might consider buying soon is Deus Ex HR

AC:B was $15 & $25 using a @gamer coupon back in may, DE:HR was $35 @ TRU like 3 weeks after release but BB gave $10 credit with it day 1, I think it has been $30 somewhere else too.

Just got MW3 on PS3 for 40 :) I think this ends my holiday shopping. I dont care for Revelations, i'll just get it next holiday season for like 15.

Glad so many good games are coming out early next year...makes for a great November :) It's gonna be hard trying to hold off though. I know I wont wait for Storm Generations to go on a mjor sale, too excited for it. Happy Holidays!

AC:R will be avail for $15-$20 before summer just like AC:B plus at this point if your following CAG regularly you'll see black friday prices on game released prior to Sept. well before November so no need to wait or brave the lines. But if you want a 42" 3DTV for $300-$500 you'll still need to be in line.

#173 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:41 PM

thanks, enuf. will work out good since i got a 30 BB credit for a some canceled BF online purchases.

#174 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

Your open ended question is what made your post come off as a bit suspicious. If it was a gift and you dont have a gift receipt then the general CAG advice would be to either trade it in or sell it on ebay or craigslist.

#175 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

Returned a DVD and a shirt that I got for Christmas and paid the ~$8 difference and got Resistance 3 (Target $39.99). Much happier.

Now Playing: Undecided
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (17) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#176 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

Your open ended question is what made your post come off as a bit suspicious. If it was a gift and you dont have a gift receipt then the general CAG advice would be to either trade it in or sell it on ebay or craigslist.

Even if he did get it as a gift, he doesn't want to know what stores will allow him to return a gift without a receipt if it was bought from that store. He just wants to know what stores will allow him to return a game without a receipt because they will. Shady as hell and you initial thought was spot on.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#177 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

Wow, by 10AM my Best Buy was cleared out of a lot of the sale games. Was looking forward to finally using my B2G1 Unlocked coupon but ended up having to go with my 3rd & 4th choices. No Saints Row Third 360 or Dead Island 360 to be found.

th_w03j81.gif  

#178 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

Even if he did get it as a gift, he doesn't want to know what stores will allow him to return a gift without a receipt if it was bought from that store. He just wants to know what stores will allow him to return a game without a receipt because they will. Shady as hell and you initial thought was spot on.

Thanks - based on his initial response my wording was the only way I could post while covering all bases.

In that case, I hear SD is always recruiting :)

Edited by Donut2922, 26 December 2011 - 08:53 PM.

#179 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

Wow, by 10AM my Best Buy was cleared out of a lot of the sale games. Was looking forward to finally using my B2G1 Unlocked coupon but ended up having to go with my 3rd & 4th choices. No Saints Row Third 360 or Dead Island 360 to be found.

Wow your BB must have cleaned house big time. BB usually stocks tons. Hundreds if it's a AAA title (per an employee I'm pretty cool with).

Although BB's recent aggressive gaming campaign has undoubtedly helped with their foot traffic goals, I'm still concerned about the hit they took to their gross margin. From a competitive gaming standpoint I would like BB to stick around for the long haul.

#180 TitaniuIVI

TitaniuIVI

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Just got $5 back from Best Buy for price matching the AC:R I bought on black friday. Thanks Best Buy for all the great deals this season and hopefully even better ones still to come. Price match guarantee still goes on till January 24th.