Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/25/11 to 12/31/11)

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#211 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

I just wanted to bitch about their Skylanders prices as well. Fucking ridiculous. Dont buy that crap from them at those prices. It should be $20 for the 3 character packs and $8 for individual figures. Not $25/$10.

Add me to the list of people irritated at toysrus greed on this. I knew something wasn't right here. I'm still new to this whole skylanders thing but my 12 yr old cousin is big into it. I went to a few stores this week roughly 6 or 7 of them with her to find any but other than the starter pack the shelves were wiped clean. I swore i read somewhere it was 19.99 for the 3 packs and 7.99 for the singles. I happened to be at the toysrus in new york city on Friday and I saw the adventure seas pack and the skull pack or whatever as well as the single boomer figure.

I simply asked the clerk these are buy 1 get 1 25 % off correct? She said yes. Go to the counter it said original price 29.99 sale 25% off new price 23.99 scan 3 pack number 2 original price 29.99 sale 25% off new price 23.99. Scan single figure original price 12.99 sale 25% off new price 9.99.

So that wound up being 23.99 + 23.99 + 9.99 for a total of 57.97 plus taxes.

I then said to the clerk that isn't correct. It is buy 1 get 1 25% off ill do the single in a separate transaction if it is messing it up. So she tries that and it still just took 25% off each item. On a normal occasion this would be fine, but isn't toysrus normal price on these 24.99 anyway not 29.99 ? Anyway so i show her the website on my iPhone showing the 24.99 price and she says she can only sell me what the computer tells her. I said but that sign says buy 1 get 1 25% off. She replied well its taking 25% off each item. I again told her it was wrong, but the computer just kept rejecting it over and over regardless.

I had a dinner reservation I was already 10 minutes late to because of this and seeing 6 separate stores in the state of Connecticut didn't have one damn figure in stock I just bought them. I feel like i got ripped off because i figure if this was price normally it would be $24.99 + $18.75 + $9.99 for a total of $53.73. I paid $57.97 i mean i guess its only 4 dollars but i feel even worse because im already paying 5 dollars more than most retailers that are selling them for $19.99. I was going to maybe call cooperate and ask about this but what do you know i checked the bag later on in the night and there's no receipt in there ! So yea i guess ill just have to live with that , but im not sure what kind of scam toysrus is running with this but whatever.

#212 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

Is there a reason the op is always updated late

#213 cheeky

cheeky

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

Lame that theyy raised prices. They really were selling them for 19.99 when they first came out. Anyways, nyc prices tend to be different (higher) than almost everywhere else most likely due to the fact that the rent is too damn high.

Add me to the list of people irritated at toysrus greed on this. I knew something wasn't right here. I'm still new to this whole skylanders thing but my 12 yr old cousin is big into it. I went to a few stores this week roughly 6 or 7 of them with her to find any but other than the starter pack the shelves were wiped clean. I swore i read somewhere it was 19.99 for the 3 packs and 7.99 for the singles. I happened to be at the toysrus in new york city on Friday and I saw the adventure seas pack and the skull pack or whatever as well as the single boomer figure.

I simply asked the clerk these are buy 1 get 1 25 % off correct? She said yes. Go to the counter it said original price 29.99 sale 25% off new price 23.99 scan 3 pack number 2 original price 29.99 sale 25% off new price 23.99. Scan single figure original price 12.99 sale 25% off new price 9.99.

So that wound up being 23.99 + 23.99 + 9.99 for a total of 57.97 plus taxes.

I then said to the clerk that isn't correct. It is buy 1 get 1 25% off ill do the single in a separate transaction if it is messing it up. So she tries that and it still just took 25% off each item. On a normal occasion this would be fine, but isn't toysrus normal price on these 24.99 anyway not 29.99 ? Anyway so i show her the website on my iPhone showing the 24.99 price and she says she can only sell me what the computer tells her. I said but that sign says buy 1 get 1 25% off. She replied well its taking 25% off each item. I again told her it was wrong, but the computer just kept rejecting it over and over regardless.

I had a dinner reservation I was already 10 minutes late to because of this and seeing 6 separate stores in the state of Connecticut didn't have one damn figure in stock I just bought them. I feel like i got ripped off because i figure if this was price normally it would be $24.99 + $18.75 + $9.99 for a total of $53.73. I paid $57.97 i mean i guess its only 4 dollars but i feel even worse because im already paying 5 dollars more than most retailers that are selling them for $19.99. I was going to maybe call cooperate and ask about this but what do you know i checked the bag later on in the night and there's no receipt in there ! So yea i guess ill just have to live with that , but im not sure what kind of scam toysrus is running with this but whatever.

#214 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Add me to the list of people irritated at toysrus greed on this.

So yea i guess ill just have to live with that , but im not sure what kind of scam toysrus is running with this but whatever.

Now, I understand there's some outrage here, but are we really bitching about a store that reverts its prices back to MSRP in order to have a "sale" price on them? How many times do we CAGs see this on a regular basis with regular videogames? A few weeks ago I saw that Amazon was selling Mafia II for $38 because it was on a list of "BOGO-somethingsomething" sale--it normally sells for $20, if not less.

This kind of tactic is deceptive for sure, but definitely not out of the norm. It's the marketing game, this is why you need to REALLY eyeball sale prices to make sure you're getting out on the the-cheap from them.

PS. Don't ever shop at Kohl's if this kind of marketing aggravates you, they have a full MSRP pricing scheme, and then everything is always "on sale" for XX% off. It's the same shtick, just all year 'round.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#215 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Now, I understand there's some outrage here, but are we really bitching about a store that reverts its prices back to MSRP in order to have a "sale" price on them? How many times do we CAGs see this on a regular basis with regular videogames? A few weeks ago I saw that Amazon was selling Mafia II for $38 because it was on a list of "BOGO-somethingsomething" sale--it normally sells for $20, if not less.

This kind of tactic is deceptive for sure, but definitely not out of the norm. It's the marketing game, this is why you need to REALLY eyeball sale prices to make sure you're getting out on the the-cheap from them.

PS. Don't ever shop at Kohl's if this kind of marketing aggravates you, they have a full MSRP pricing scheme, and then everything is always "on sale" for XX% off. It's the same shtick, just all year 'round.

Right i know stores do this and im very good at noticing this usually because i do alot of research, but i hadnt really researched this skylanders stuff yet and was going basically from select memory if they were $19.99 or not so i wasn't 100% sure. Plus like i said 6 stores within 10 miles of me did not have them either. So i guess in the end i paid like $4 more but whatever i got them and made a 12 yr old happy so i guess thats all that matters.