Ico/SotC Collection $19.99 at Kmart (now YMMV)

jjjbadboy32

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
I already posted this in the Kmart thread, but not sure if everybody looks in that thread for deals.

Ico/SotC collection is on sale for 29.99 in the store ad, but when you go online it is 19.99 and available for store pickup!!!!

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...VEL&prop17=ico

Apparently the game also rings up at the store for $19.99 if you don't want to take a chance with online ordering!

EDIT: Price is back up to 29.99 online, and in store is now YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd certainly love to get it for that price, but the Kmart website does not show my store. It is 5 minutes from my house and has been there a while, not supposed to close anytime soon, but the nearest one it shows is an hour away. It says there are no stores within 10 miles of me.

Wish my store showed up...

I'm gonna have em ship it to me, and hope it's not an error. Nearest Kmart is too far away lol

If they ship it, it's only gonna cost me $10, since I got a $10 gift card from their last error and am finally using it

I just got my confirmation e-mail to pick up at my store. Never done "store pickup" at Kmart before. It took about 2 hours to get the e-mail.

$21.69 with tax :)

[quote name='jcwkings']question, where do you go for the store pick-up. the electronic section or the customer service counter?[/QUOTE]

I picked it up at layaway. Thank goodness, because the registers and customer service were packed.

[quote name='GamesAreCool']Thank you for posting this, I'm just waiting for my text now. :)[/QUOTE]

Be warned, I signed up for a text alert and never received one. I did get the e-mail though.

Like jjjbadboy32 said pickup at layaway, they will have 2 lines. One of the long lines will be layaway and you will want to just say forget it and leave but then you find out that there is a 2nd line that no one uses for online pickup. You go to said online pickup line and giggle at the people in 2 hour long line.

They won't PM their online store just like toysrus.com

Thanks OP! This was the price point that I have been looking for. After tax and the Shop Discover 15% discount, my total cost ends up being $18.39!

My Kmart doesn't have any of these, which sucks because with my $15 coupon from buying Mario 3D Land, I could have got this for $5. Have any of you seen it cheaper than $30? If not, I'll ship it from K-Mart because $26.50 isn't a bad price and I can use my coupon to get Mass Effect 2 for $5.

I submitted this to Amazon for price match, which I assume some of you have done, but I would implore any and all of you to do the same and see if we can't get them to drop the price.

please don't blindly buy this game. I know a lot of people like it. but there are many reviews to the contrary. I for one was very disappointed.

Weird I was just at kmart for this game, but didn't see it anywhere in the game area or on shelves with lower priced games.. It shows that's it in stock and OK to pick up..

I wonder if it's in the very back somewhere or something got screwed up I dunno.

Thanks So much OP. I never check the kmart thread and was looking forward for this game to hit $20.

Now the only ones left is the MGS hd collection.

[quote name='adezero']please don't blindly buy this game. I know a lot of people like it. but there are many reviews to the contrary. I for one was very disappointed.[/QUOTE]

umm... wat?
http://www.metacritic.com/game/play...dow-of-the-colossus-collection/critic-reviews

u may be talking about:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-ico-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection/user-reviews

but from wat i could tell, its from people disliking the idea that they're old games rereleased, didn't like the way it looked, or didn't get into it. obv, u can form your own opinion, but most who bought this, have either already played or are into it. at least, don't spread things like "there are many reviews to the contrary"

Thanks in 4 1. Still waits for MGS Collection & God of War HD (PSP version) Collection drop down $20-ish or less.

2012 Collection
Silent Hill HD Collection
Devil May Cry Collection
zone of the enders hd collection

[quote name='Masterkyo']Thanks in 4 1. Still waits for MGS Collection & God of War HD (PSP version) Collection drop down $20-ish or less.

2012 Collection
Devil May Cry Collection
zone of the enders hd collection[/QUOTE]

Amazon had the GoW HD (the psp collection) for $20 during their 19 days sale.

Also I checked the forums about the bugs and it's about the frame rate issue affecting the controls when you battle those colossus. Anybody can confirm this?

This is very tempting ... I will try to hold out, but probably give in and get this. Thanks for sharing OP!

Does anyone know if the layaway areas are usually open until close? And how long does it usually take before I can go pick it up in the store? I tried calling my local KMart and no one answered.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']umm... wat?
http://www.metacritic.com/game/play...dow-of-the-colossus-collection/critic-reviews

u may be talking about:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/the-ico-shadow-of-the-colossus-collection/user-reviews

but from wat i could tell, its from people disliking the idea that they're old games rereleased, didn't like the way it looked, or didn't get into it. obv, u can form your own opinion, but most who bought this, have either already played or are into it. at least, don't spread things like "there are many reviews to the contrary"[/QUOTE]
those are just xbots that give all of the ps3 exclusives bad reviews. everyone knows that shadow is probably the best game ever made and ico is just awesome (and touching as well).

Thanks for the heads up. Just got back from my local bestbuy and was able to price match because my closest kmart was within 25 miles and they had it in stock.

Thanks OP! I am going to try and pricematch this at Best Buy since there are no nearby Kmarts, hopefully it works out

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Amazon had the GoW HD (the psp collection) for $20 during their 19 days sale.

Also I checked the forums about the bugs and it's about the frame rate issue affecting the controls when you battle those colossus. Anybody can confirm this?[/QUOTE]
i played through this version of sotc twice and never experienced any framerate issue. twas silky smooth for me. there were framerate issues w/ the ps2 version, though.

This is a steal at $20
IMO both Shadow & Ico are some of the best games ever made.

If I think back upon all of my gaming moments I've had. Seeing the first Collossi is probably the top moment. SotC is the best PS2 title ever.

And Ico just has this serenity about it that is amazing to play through

[quote name='insix003']Thanks for the heads up. Just got back from my local bestbuy and was able to price match because my closest kmart was within 25 miles and they had it in stock.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the heads up.

I just got back from my local Best Buy and was able to price match as well. They were kind of busy so the cashier didn't really look it up and she just gave me the lower price.

[quote name='aerozero']Thank you for the heads up.

I just got back from my local Best Buy and was able to price match as well. They were kind of busy so the cashier didn't really look it up and she just gave me the lower price.[/QUOTE]

How the hell are you guys PMing at best buy? Is there an ad out? Or are you just showing them a print out of the item?

[quote name='aerozero']Would it be possible to price match this at Best Buy or Target?[/QUOTE]target no per their policy must have the ad but I show my iphone @ BB & they match no prob but some stores may call to verify stock.

[quote name='Armads']Will Best Buy price match this?[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='Prez']My Kmart doesn't have any of these, which sucks because with my $15 coupon from buying Mario 3D Land, I could have got this for $5. Have any of you seen it cheaper than $30? If not, I'll ship it from K-Mart because $26.50 isn't a bad price and I can use my coupon to get Mass Effect 2 for $5.

I submitted this to Amazon for price match, which I assume some of you have done, but I would implore any and all of you to do the same and see if we can't get them to drop the price.[/QUOTE]it was $15 on release week along with GOW:O coll using the $15 off @gamer coupon.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Thanks in 4 1. Still waits for MGS Collection & God of War HD (PSP version) Collection drop down $20-ish or less.

2012 Collection
Devil May Cry Collection
zone of the enders hd collection[/QUOTE]^^^ it was already less than $20, all of the collections were avail @ BB for $20 or less usually w/i 3 weeks of release except for MGS. But I already scored it cheap using a b2g1 GCU coupon when several titles(dark souls, NFS the run) where all $40 ea.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']How the hell are you guys PMing at best buy? Is there an ad out? Or are you just showing them a print out of the item?[/QUOTE]

I just printed out the Ico/SotC Collection page on kmart.com and showed it to them and they were cool with it. I did the same thing when FFXIII was on sale at Kmart a while back now that I think about it. >_>

Ordered last night when it was first posted for in store pick up, and this morning I get this: Sigh, and that's why I never deal with Kmart.

[FONT=Arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif] We are sorry we are unable to fulfill your order XXXXXXXX because the items are no longer available.

We hope you will forgive us and give us another chance to meet your needs. Our Personal Shoppers are ready to assist you in finding a comparable product and replacing your order. They can be reached at 1-800-290-8390.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[quote name='IMikeU']Ordered last night when it was first posted for in store pick up, and this morning I get this: Sigh, and that's why I never deal with Kmart.

[FONT=Arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif] We are sorry we are unable to fulfill your order XXXXXXXX because the items are no longer available.

We hope you will forgive us and give us another chance to meet your needs. Our Personal Shoppers are ready to assist you in finding a comparable product and replacing your order. They can be reached at 1-800-290-8390.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I have a feeling I'm next. Last night my order was on the Kmart website and now it's "null".

I had the same problem. None of my stores have it. I think someone had mentioned on a different post about submitting a price to amazon so they will match it. Anyone know how to do that?

I received my "ready for pick up" order at 5:53am, so I hope it's really there when I run to Kmart at lunch. (Fingers crossed).

bread's done
Back