Photo
- - - - -

Ico/SotC Collection $19.99 at Kmart (now YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#121 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:08 AM

good thing mine already shipped!

#122 Prez

Prez

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:08 AM

PMed at Best Buy about 8 hours ago. I'm sure glad that I didn't try to wait a day!

#123 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:14 AM

Can anyone tell me if it is still $20 in store as of today (Thursday)?

#124 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:25 AM

Yeah I frequently walk from the entrance of the store all the way back to the gaming department, find what i want, look for a salesperson, find no one, head all the way back to the front of the store to customer service, then walk all the way back to gaming and wait for someone to magically appear. They need one of those paging systems like Target has.

Your store doesn't have those paging call boxes on one of the poles in different departments?

Just look up towards the top of the poles around the stores and you should see a sign that says 'customer service' or something similar. Then look down at about eye level on the pole and there should be a lil box with a button for you to press. A couple seconds later you'll hear an automated page for 'service is needed in X department'. It'll repeated 2-3x and that usually does get their attention enough to get someone to magically appear.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#125 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

Yep, looks like they fixed it. DEAD online.

Possibly still 19.99 in the store? Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me if it is still $20 in store as of today (Thursday)?

It was very much ADVERTISED as $19.99 in my store Wednesday night as of closing. Like in idiot I bought one with a $50 PSN card so I could burn my coupons expiring 12/31 but was too stupid to notice that I was being overcharged when they gave me my subtotal as ICO was ringing up at $29.99.

Once I paid and I saw the receipt I just admitted defeat as the whole process of using coupons and then trying to get a price match or do a return is painful at Kmart and not worth the $10.

I wish from the start Josh had found a way where if you purchased an item using a gaming coupon and needed to do a return they could return the value of the gaming coupon onto a promo gift card until it expired.

I suppose if your store is still advertising them at $19.99 then you'll have a shot at getting the override

#126 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

Was this a limited time sale or something? Doesn't seem right that they would raise the price again in just a few days...

#127 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

Was this a limited time sale or something? Doesn't seem right that they would raise the price again in just a few days...

Not sure. Though other CAG's got it from Best Buy for $15 after the coupon in the @Gamer magazine. Even if the CAG's had to buy that month's issue to get the coupon if they weren't a subscriber it still made it about the same price as this deal was($19.99).;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#128 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

Kmart's weekly ad shows the game being "on sale" for $29.99 from 12/26-12/31, but the website and "sale sticker" on the glass case were both showing $19.99 for the last few days.

Not sure if the $19.99 was on purpose or a mistake, but it has definitely been changed back to the "original" sale price of $29.99 online. Not sure if it's been changed in store yet.

Hopefully somebody will post results.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#129 awp

awp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Kmart's weekly ad shows the game being "on sale" for $29.99 from 12/26-12/31, but the website and "sale sticker" on the glass case were both showing $19.99 for the last few days.

Not sure if the $19.99 was on purpose or a mistake, but it has definitely been changed back to the "original" sale price of $29.99 online. Not sure if it's been changed in store yet.

Hopefully somebody will post results.

I can confirm that it actually changed yesterday to $29.99 in-store. Luckily, I had the web page print out and they honored the $19.99 price. So unless you're store still has signs showing the $19.99 price or you have a print out of the webpage prior to the correction, then your probably SOL in-store.

#130 bebop242

bebop242

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

Picked this up at my local Kmart yesterday afternoon. It rang up 29.99, but still had a little sale sign for 19.99. They gave it to me for 20.

#131 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

I can confirm that it actually changed yesterday to $29.99 in-store. Luckily, I had the web page print out and they honored the $19.99 price. So unless you're store still has signs showing the $19.99 price or you have a print out of the webpage prior to the correction, then your probably SOL in-store.

I stopped by Kmart yesterday and they had the $19.99 shelf tag in front of the two copies they had (at a store that was listed as out of stock online). I scanned the game on my way to the front, and it came up $29.99. To save myself the headache, I decided to just pick it up in electronics where he'd only have to walk a few feet to look at the tag.

He manually entered the price, and then took my $15 coupon off and sent me on my way. I didn't realize it wasn't supposed to be $19.99 any more :-/

#132 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

Not sure. Though other CAG's got it from Best Buy for $15 after the coupon in the @Gamer magazine. Even if the CAG's had to buy that month's issue to get the coupon if they weren't a subscriber it still made it about the same price as this deal was($19.99).;)

I got in on that deal because the girl at CS gave me the magazine for free since they wouldn't do a price match with the coupon. Then low and behold it rang up properly the following week. ;) Pays to be persistent. I was just asking that previous question because it seemed shady to me. That's all.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#133 Ellahjay88

Ellahjay88

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

Just picked up a copy at a KMart in Douglasville, Georgia! Thanks for sharing! 20 bucks isnt bad at all for this!
Posted Image

#134 StealthGear

StealthGear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

Just picked up a copy at a KMart in Douglasville, Georgia! Thanks for sharing! 20 bucks isnt bad at all for this!

Did it ring up $20 or did you have to get Kmart to PM their ad? Just wondering if I should make the effort to go to Kmart.. I should have j umped on this deal when it was first posted here..

#135 Ellahjay88

Ellahjay88

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

Did it ring up $20 or did you have to get Kmart to PM their ad? Just wondering if I should make the effort to go to Kmart.. I should have j umped on this deal when it was first posted here..

They had a sale sticker above it that says $19.99 and when it rang up $29.99 the guy at the register (who had seen the sticker) went back, took the sticker off and was like wow it DOES say $19.99 and he was like that is weird. He DID end up having to price match the sticker and overriding it in the cash register
Posted Image

#136 BFox549

BFox549

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

great.. so now this is ymmv :/

WISH ME LUCK!!!
XXX Straight Edge 4 Life XXX
i <3 DeadSpace

#137 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

Bout to go try my luck as well. I haven't played ICO and for $20 I'm certain its worth it.

#138 chuckwagon

chuckwagon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

just got it for $19.99 at Kmart in Paducah, Ky. The sale tag for $19.99 was on the glass. It rung up for $29.99 but they honored the sale sticker. Never played either game. I'm excited.

#139 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

Called the store and had them ring it up to try avoiding the store pickup (just picking it up in electronics is easier than waiting at the ratty customer service counter with all the meth heads and scags returning stuff they probably stole)...it was ringing up 29.99. So I had to do the store pickup. I was right about the line at the customer service counter. Full of sketchy people lol, but I got my deal.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.