I need a Gamecube compatible Wii

gamermonkey

CAGiversary!
Does anyone have any tips/recommendations on finding a Wii that has support for Gamecube games and controllers? I would like a black console but not sure which console to look for or who would still have them.

[quote name='gamermonkey']So the black Mario Kart bundle is the one. Now I just need to find it for MSRP or lower...[/QUOTE]

those are out of production, so the only way to get it cheaper is to find it used

[quote name='62t']those are out of production, so the only way to get it cheaper is to find it used[/QUOTE]

How long of out production? Were the black ones with mario kart the last ones that were released that supported GC games?

Use the find in store functionality at gamestop.com and kmart.com, both these stores have some in stock sporadically around the country.

Also, my local Walmart had them in stock before the Christmas rush.

Huh, I didn't know Nintendo removed GC BC from the Wii. When did this happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neocisco']Huh, I didn't know Nintendo remove GC BC from the Wii. When did this happen?[/QUOTE]

On the last batch I guess. I read about it in November.

[quote name='gamermonkey']On the last batch I guess. I read about it in November.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that was only in Europe, though...so any unit in the US should be fine?

I picked up a wii about 2 weeks ago. Lucked out and found a Cube compatible Wii. Now to just find some Cube controllers without paying an arm or a leg for them...
Same goes for Wario Smooth Moves...

I don't see much on the Wii that I'm into, but that's just me.

I just managed to get a Mario Kart bundle before Christmas on Gamestop.com. Maybe I was lucky and got one of the last ones as they appear to be out of stock online now, but yeah, check your local shops.

You can also tell the difference based on the way "Wii" is written on the console. The new ones without Gamecube support are meant to be horizontal so the Wii logo is positioned to be read from that direction:

10181856.jpg

Whereas the old ones with GC support are meant to be vertical, so the Wii logo is positioned to be read when it's vertical:

1311720182_228590750_2-Fotos-de--Consola-Nintendo-Wii-black-kit-bundle-Mario-Kart-Nueva.jpg

Hope that helps you find one! I'm really loving it.

Wow...I'm usually on top of this stuff but I missed this one...and I probably use my Wii more for GC games than 'native' ones lol...

This may be pretty obvious, but I just want to point out that the limited edition red Wii is the older model that does play GC games.

You would probably have to pay a little extra, but it is an option.

bread's done
Back