Xbox Live Account Hacked Thread and Guide

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#121 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Ok, I see. So explain one more thing to me because I don't trust Microsoft employees for this information and I'm super paranoid about getting hacked again. Here is my question:

What are the proper steps in getting you're
Gmail account to act as you're login for the 360?

You can just go here: https://account.live.com/ChangeId.aspx and change it.

#122 DeLane79

DeLane79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:14 AM

I just got hacked for a 2nd time within a few weeks. Are you fucking kidding me???

Me too. :(

#123 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

So this ish is still happening?

#124 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Would they give u a hard time if you ask them to delete your CC from live I wish it was like psn u can delete it your self

#125 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

I guess so.. shit like this makes me want to stop gaming F-ing hackers :-(

#126 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Would they give u a hard time if you ask them to delete your CC from live I wish it was like psn u can delete it your self

Depends on the person you talk too -- I had one tell me sorry you can't then I tried again and was refunded the amount of gold I had left via email in code form. I contacted them thru their new chat support thing.

#127 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

Not really, after the fix to xbox.com, reports of accounts getting hacked dropped significantly

Not really, you can always go to live.xbox.com/en-US/ManagePaymentOptions to remove it, and if that doesn't work, you can call phone support to tell them to take it off for you.

#128 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

I am on the phone right now with a Rep she's nice so it should be good :-)

#129 Jesse757x

Jesse757x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

Just realized I got hacked back in January (Fifa hack/lost over 1600 points). My xbox broke so I took a break from gaming but just recently bought another one. Are they going to give me problems because I have to give the serial number,etc? I just bought a used one.

#130 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:07 PM

Just realized I got hacked back in January (Fifa hack/lost over 1600 points). My xbox broke so I took a break from gaming but just recently bought another one. Are they going to give me problems because I have to give the serial number,etc? I just bought a used one.

Yeah, that'll probably be an issue, since they always ask for the serial number when reporting a hacking

#131 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

so if I no longer have an email associated with my gamertag, but still have the gamertag, there is nothing I can do to change the email that is associated with it to my current email?

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#132 xFaith

xFaith

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

so if I no longer have an email associated with my gamertag, but still have the gamertag, there is nothing I can do to change the email that is associated with it to my current email?

don't quite understand what your asking

#133 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

I'm assuming what you're saying is that you know your gamertag, but don't know the email address associated with said gamertag. The only thing you can do would be to call Xbox Support in this situation, and see what they can do

#134 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

I just realized I lost 6100 points to the FIFA crap on 3/16. This sucks!!

mer71.jpg

#135 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

I'm assuming what you're saying is that you know your gamertag, but don't know the email address associated with said gamertag. The only thing you can do would be to call Xbox Support in this situation, and see what they can do

ya, i'll be trying that again tomorrow. its frustrating, because i still have my gamertag, i just don't have access to my old email anymore so i don't feel comfortable using the gamertag (even though it has all of my mass effect play throughs on it :( )

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#136 xFaith

xFaith

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

ya, i'll be trying that again tomorrow. its frustrating, because i still have my gamertag, i just don't have access to my old email anymore so i don't feel comfortable using the gamertag (even though it has all of my mass effect play throughs on it :( )

good luck then,hopefully something works out

#137 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

Do you remember your old password? You can change the email associated with your gametag on the xbox dash if you know the pw

#138 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

good luck then,hopefully something works out

If you're still logged onto your profile, you can find your Windows Live ID by going to the social tab, clicking your avatar, and scrolling all the way to the far right, that displays all your stats

#139 spoo

spoo

Wood for your sheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

My account was hit with the FIFA 12 crap yesterday 3/29/12. I'm glad they didn't use my card that is on file just points.

On a side note I didn't have to call MS, I was able to do everything through chat.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Cos by Ozzkev55 | Cock by OTM
The original CAGaming lagoon thread.

#140 shinryuu

shinryuu

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

My account was hit with the FIFA 12 crap yesterday 3/29/12. I'm glad they didn't use my card that is on file just points.

On a side note I didn't have to call MS, I was able to do everything through chat.

Dang, I just got the same thing happen to me on 4/5/12. Ugh, trying to get this solved now...'

EDIT: Said investigation is going to take 3-5 days. Well, looks like it's improving compared to the 15-day wait the OP said.

EDIT2: Lol, I think I got like a soccer mom from the support team. She sounded friendly and when I asked about taking off my credit card info she suggested to go with prepaid cards next time and that she has kids and does the family gold subscription pack. Well... I thought it was funny.

Edited by shinryuu, 10 April 2012 - 09:25 PM.

:-#

#141 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

Looks like Mcrosoft really streamlined their support process for getting your account hacked. If you know anymore information, make sure to add it to the wikified main post.

#142 shinryuu

shinryuu

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Got an email today saying that I can download my profile and use it again.

Yeah, 3-day turnaround? Not bad. They gave me 800MS points (I lost about 500) and they gave me some XBL gold codes. I thought it was the same codes they gave me over the phone when I told them to delete my CC information (when they delete your CC they give unsubscribe you from Live but give you codes for the remaining months), but they're in fact, different. So, almost a year of XBL gold for free.
:-#

#143 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

So my girlfriend bought a new xbox around the holidays and tried recovering her gamertag on the new system. When she recovers it, it recovers a completely different account, different name, no gamerscore, no friends on her friends list, nothing except that there is an account with her login information. Anyone have this issue? Any way to resolve it, we've tried calling xbox and they keep telling her there is nothing they can do.

logo.png

#144 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

I believe I was hacked sometime this morning, I didn't have any credit cards/debit cards/paypal accounts tied to my Live account, but 2000 of my MSP are gone and under recent purchases it says I purchased that new South Park game and NFL Blitz...I've already completely changed my password and did that one feature on the website that makes it so all consoles require a password to logon, so if I call them over the points I'd probably lose my account for a while and it happens just when I start playing the Ghost Recon beta :/

659629.png?68329996

#145 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

I believe I was hacked sometime this morning, I didn't have any credit cards/debit cards/paypal accounts tied to my Live account, but 2000 of my MSP are gone and under recent purchases it says I purchased that new South Park game and NFL Blitz...I've already completely changed my password and did that one feature on the website that makes it so all consoles require a password to logon, so if I call them over the points I'd probably lose my account for a while and it happens just when I start playing the Ghost Recon beta :/

Don't worry, they streamlined the process, only takes a few days now.

So my girlfriend bought a new xbox around the holidays and tried recovering her gamertag on the new system. When she recovers it, it recovers a completely different account, different name, no gamerscore, no friends on her friends list, nothing except that there is an account with her login information. Anyone have this issue? Any way to resolve it, we've tried calling xbox and they keep telling her there is nothing they can do.

She probably got hacked, and someone sold her account. Go to www.billing.microsoft.com to see where her MSP were spent on, change your password, and use the Xbox Live Profile Protection tool

#146 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Don't worry, they streamlined the process, only takes a few days now.

Alright, that's good to hear, do you know if i'd be able to make a new account and use the free month they give you so that I could at least play with my friends for the few days while I wait

EDIT: Nevermind, I called them and they actually told me that I could use a backup for now, now to see if I have any 1 months or 48 hours lying around...

Edited by MoCiWe, 20 April 2012 - 07:11 PM.

659629.png?68329996

#147 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

I was looking at prices for xbox 360s on ebay as I'm trying to sell one when I came upon a completed fifa listing for $170.

I am sure one of these sellers is responsible for some hackings:
http://www.ebay.com/...=1&_mPrRngCbx=1

#148 BigPopov

BigPopov

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Had my account recovered like 6 months ago. I always have to enter username/password, it fails, "You have tried to login too many times with this account", re-enter w/ image recognition and it works fine.

Annoying.

But now I realize I can't use my profile on other Xboxes now, since there is no image verification, the login just automatically fails. Here we go again lol

#149 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Just wanted to say that the report I filed last week never actually kicked me off of live for some reason? And just today they took over my account for like literally 20 minutes and then sent me an email to get my Microsoft points back, so I was able to play online still while I was waiting and I still got my points back as well, don't know if that is how it's supposed to work but I was completely fine with how they handled it!

659629.png?68329996

#150 LondonGaijin

LondonGaijin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

This would appear to be the end of hotmail account hacks, for now at least...

http://www.itpro.co....l-security-flaw

Also Trading:
>>>

Spoiler
<<<