Metal Gear Solid HD Collection LE $59.99 at Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#151 anumeric

anumeric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Picked up a LE Xbox version. Seems like all the PS3 copies are long gone. Looking forward to playing these again with the sharper graphics. Looks like a mighty big art book too. Thanks OP.

I think the ps3 version is still in stock for preorder. Just checked and i was able to order to cart.

#152 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

These are supposed to be limited to 6000 units on the PS3 and 2000 units on the 360... no way that's true. Zavvi originally planned this as 4000 copies on the PS3 only and that sold out within days. These have been up for over a month now and still in stock.:-k

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#153 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

I pre-ordered it from Zavvi.com. Just search for "Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: PS3 Limited Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) [PS3]"

My total was $112 after shipping. I live in the US so shipping was not free. The game comes out February 3. This version is on eBay currently for a buy it now price of $250.

There are only 10,000 of these being printed supposedly, 6,000 PS3 copies and 4,000 Xbox 360 copies.

It is with code "INTER". ;)

#154 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:14 AM

I think the ps3 version is still in stock for preorder. Just checked and i was able to order to cart.

I added it to my cart, went through the checkout and it bombed before heading to Paypal. Oh well, I didn't need to spend more for another MGS LE anyway.

#155 gamingdroid

gamingdroid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

If you ordered the PS3 version you wouldn't have a non playable mantle piece.

You would have a perfectly usable mantle piece....

Unless you meant 360 instead of PS3 then you'd be correct

That is actually not entirely correct. Many Xbox 360 games aren't region enforced i.e. they can be played in different regions. There used to be a whole list that people updated.

So the question is, does anyone have a UK Xbox 360 version they can confirm?

#156 ddp72984

ddp72984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hey guys. Need help with trying to get gamestop to.pricematch. first theyre saying its an online only ptice. Then theyre saying that its no longer in their system so they cannot rering it. Help....

#157 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hey guys. Need help with trying to get gamestop to.pricematch. first theyre saying its an online only ptice. Then theyre saying that its no longer in their system so they cannot rering it. Help....

I didn't have to price match at all. It showed $79.99 on the sticker but rang up $59.99. Did you have them try and ring it up? How are you supposed to pay if they say they cannot ring it up?

#158 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

Sounds like the cashier is scanning the wrong UPC (not sure how that's possible) or they bought it for themselves shortly after you left the store.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#159 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

Definitely not online only...mine was priced 60 in store.

#160 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

I think he's trying to get them to do a return/rebuy, likely with the receipt only.

#161 steveovig

steveovig

WadeBoggsCarpet Warehouse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

I tried to get my GS to price protect my LE purchase from December and they wouldn't let me. In fact, they acted surprised when I even mentioned the idea over the phone. I guess customer service was never GS' forte.
Posted Image

#162 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:12 AM

I guess customer service was never GS' forte.

You're just now figuring this out?

#163 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:24 AM

I never thought Gamestop price matched.

Literally had a guy almost start laughing in my face after i asked him once. (I had just brought the game a week prior)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#164 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

If you ordered the PS3 version you wouldn't have a non playable mantle piece.

You would have a perfectly usable mantle piece....

Unless you meant 360 instead of PS3 then you'd be correct

I wouldn't have the balls to open this, thats what i mean by mantle piece

#165 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

I just finished the Twin Snakes

#166 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:08 AM

I tried to get my GS to price protect my LE purchase from December and they wouldn't let me. In fact, they acted surprised when I even mentioned the idea over the phone. I guess customer service was never GS' forte.

See if you can find another one at the new lower price and then just buy that one and return the one from the first receipt. The return period is 30 for new games and I think from 11/1 through the 12/24, you can still return new stuff through 1/15

#167 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

I had no problem doing it, they returned and repurchased all on the same receipt. Credited the difference back onto my card.