Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#3031 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

The point is the case is irrelevant when they say they just need a disc to trade in games. Maybe my local BB just has dumb employees, I dunno.

Some of the other people who have done trade ins for me besides the regular 3-4 people acted like I was interrupting them when I would come in with my games and stand by the gaming counter waiting for someone to come over and help me.

So maybe that's what happened here. You disturbed their social hours and made them actually work for their pay.:lol:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3032 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

Anyone know what Resistance BS vita is worth? Doesn't seem to come up online.

#3033 cheapwinsxxx

cheapwinsxxx

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:57 AM

I got $120 today for 6 games not to bad when it was some old games and only 1 newer game MW3

#3034 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:32 AM

Weird. I have a $5 bonus RZ certificate listed as being redeemable as of yesterday, as well as more than enough points on my account for a regular $5 certificate. Yet neither are showing on my account right now.:-s

I guess maybe I'll have to contact customer service about this or post on the BB forums.

Posted Image

#3035 phantom4

phantom4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

Weird. I have a $5 bonus RZ certificate listed as being redeemable as of yesterday, as well as more than enough points on my account for a regular $5 certificate. Yet neither are showing on my account right now.:-s

I guess maybe I'll have to contact customer service about this or post on the BB forums.

That best buy forum seems useless. I posted about recovering points from my trade when i didn't give my reward zone #, 4hrs later nothing and also sent a private msg to 1 mod 2hrs ago, and just sent another to a different mod 30min ago. Probably just gonna have to go to the store where i did the trade and see what can be done.

#3036 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

Are you supposed to get points for trades?

nihilence.png

#3037 phantom4

phantom4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

Are you supposed to get points for trades?

Yeah, says 2x points for every dollar for reward zone gamer members, reg and unlocked

#3038 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

That best buy forum seems useless. I posted about recovering points from my trade when i didn't give my reward zone #, 4hrs later nothing and also sent a private msg to 1 mod 2hrs ago, and just sent another to a different mod 30min ago. Probably just gonna have to go to the store where i did the trade and see what can be done.

The mods on there typically take about 3 business days(meaning Mon-Fri ONLY) to respond to a thread made on there. Sometimes it takes longer, sometimes it takes less time.

But if you're expecting an immediate answer, that likely isn't going to happen.

Posted Image

#3039 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

My gf and I traded, and it looks like only half are pending. :(

nihilence.png

#3040 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

So I guess the flier is our 100% confirmed on the 7/7 end date but so far no mention of it in next week's ad. Also a B2G1 sale next week has me worried about TIV drops. Dump now or wait? Only waiting right now to play some of them but want to max TIV if possible.

#3041 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Weird. I have a $5 bonus RZ certificate listed as being redeemable as of yesterday

There must be a glitch, because I saw the same thing this morning and I have less than 200 points.

You'll have to call if you want an immediate answer. I doubt they'll be able to do anything for you at the store.

#3042 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

I had the same thing as well this morning but no certificate to redeem and bunch of extra points on my account.

#3043 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

So I guess the flier is our 100% confirmed on the 7/7 end date but so far no mention of it in next week's ad. Also a B2G1 sale next week has me worried about TIV drops. Dump now or wait? Only waiting right now to play some of them but want to max TIV if possible.

What games? Maybe we can tell you if theyre worth playing or not.

#3044 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

What games? Maybe we can tell you if theyre worth playing or not.

Splinter Cell: Conviction
Vanquish
Shadows of the Damned
Metro 2033
Singularity
Majin and The Foresaken Kingdom
PoP:The Forgotten Sands
Red Faction:Armagedon
Army of Two:40th Day
Wolfenstein
Dungeon Seige III
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
Wanted:Weapons of Fate
007 Bloodstone
God of War III

Yeah I don't expect to get through them all before the period is done. I can get $159.60 for them and I spent less than that total on them. These are the top games on my backlog that still are getting $8+ in trade after credit. I see no reason to trade backlog games getting less than $5 unless you know there is no way you will play them.
Posted Image

#3045 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

Vanquish
Shadows of the Damned
Metro 2033
Singularity
Wolfenstein
Dungeon Seige III
007 Bloodstone
God of War III

Yeah I don't expect to get through them all before the period is done. I can get $159.60 for them and I spent less than that total on them. These are the top games on my backlog that still are getting $8+ in trade after credit. I see no reason to trade backlog games getting less than $5 unless you know there is no way you will play them.

Personally I would keep/play Vanquish and God of War 3 no question. However I can see why you would want $16 plus for each if they are still getting at least 8 base TIV. They can be had for cheap if you look around. I dont care for any of the other games or havent played them expect 007. I dont know why, but I really like the last two games, Bloodstone and Quantum of solace, really fun campains, but agin, you can find that game for real cheap down the road too.

Having said that you should be able to blast through all three of the above games well before 7-7 if you just want t play them and dont care about "completing" them fully. You can get through each story quickly if thats all you want to do.

Diet soda is the worst.

Wrencrest.png

#3046 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

Personally I would keep/play Vanquish and God of War 3 no question. However I can see why you would want $16 plus for each if they are still getting at least 8 base TIV. They can be had for cheap if you look around. I dont care for any of the other games or havent played them expect 007. I dont know why, but I really like the last two games, Bloodstone and Quantum of solace, really fun campains, but agin, you can find that game for real cheap down the road too.

Having said that you should be able to blast through all three of the above games well before 7-7 if you just want t play them and dont care about "completing" them fully. You can get through each story quickly if thats all you want to do.

Thanks! I am about to start the 4th Act of Vanquished right now actually. It is a lot of fun. I think I will just try to get through as many as I can and then decide. Some I will most likely dump because I paid less than $10 and I would get back $16 right now.
Posted Image

#3047 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Vanquish
Shadows of the Damned
Metro 2033
Singularity
Wolfenstein
Dungeon Seige III
007 Bloodstone
God of War III

I'd recommend playing Splinter Cell: Conviction and 007 Bloodstone. Wolfenstein is decent, but nothing new.

Singularity is an absolute gem. Cannot recommend that game enough.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#3048 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

I hope DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS JOKER 2 Stays at 8 bucks for a least another week..

love to get 16 out of it but just need to complete the post game goals

if you havent played this game on the ds yet get it..

30+ hour game
WOOOO I STINK

#3049 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Put of thos I'd say beat, even possibly keep, God of War III, SC: Conviction, and Metro 2033.

The latter is an absolutely fantastic game, and the DLC they have out for it will add a bit of fun difficulty. Conviction I really enjoyed, and GoW3...well, it's self explanatory 8-)
Posted Image

#3050 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

Yeah I think I am letting this promo play with my head a bit. I have already traded in 45 games. Pretty much every game you guys are saying to keep are games I really want to play. I just need to chill and except that I will miss out on the 100% for some of these but in exchange I still get to keep some great games. There are a few on that list though that are gone no matter what.
Posted Image

#3051 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

Vanquish
Shadows of the Damned
Metro 2033
Singularity
Wolfenstein
Dungeon Seige III
007 Bloodstone
God of War III

Army of Two 40th Day I thought was godawful. I wouldn't waste my time playing that one.

I haven't played Kane and Lynch or Wanted: Weapons of Fate. But if I had those in my possession, unless I payed too much for them (and felt obligated to play), if I could dump those games and not lose anything I would probably do it.

Not sure what else are obvious dumps. The rest are at least average or much better than average. I certainly wouldn't give up God of War III or Vanquish.

#3052 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Stopped this morning an no go on Resistance BS. told me to wait a week.

#3053 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Yeah I think I am letting this promo play with my head a bit. I have already traded in 45 games. Pretty much every game you guys are saying to keep are games I really want to play. I just need to chill and except that I will miss out on the 100% for some of these but in exchange I still get to keep some great games. There are a few on that list though that are gone no matter what.

So did you play these games already and just waiting for 100%, or did you not play some at all?

If it's just about getting 100%, then yeah whatever. I thought you are talking about a "backlog" of games you hadn't even opened yet. Certainly if you played the games you know which ones you liked and which ones you didn't. I'm at the point where I could give two shits about getting 100% in games, even though early on I tried to do that. If I tried to 100% every game I'd go crazy.

I have some guys in my PS3 friends lists that obviously do try to 100% every game, and for a few of them I have absolutley no idea where they find the time to do ALL of them because they are playing some serious games. Of course there are also some guys that 100% every game, but all they play is Disney games and easy to 100% games. They actually let the trophies dictate what games they play! That's just pathetic in my opinion.

Sorry /rant :shame:

#3054 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

I'm thinking more and more of dumping a lot of stuff except for the real "good ones" I have sitting around (RDR, Uncharted 2, etc) and building up credit for the pre-order bonuses and the games coming out late summer/fall this year I will want immediately. But man, I feel kinda dumb not playing them after so long!
Posted Image

#3055 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

For those who have new certs: RZ certs automatically cash out based on your setting now. Sometimes the points aren't updated in real time when the cert prints. Mine was showing 197/xxx pending and now it says 6/xxx pending and $5 cert.

#3056 typesdragon

typesdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Just traded a copy of final fantasy xiii-2 from GS that I paid 18.xx and Child of Eden from newegg deal for 9.99. Going to trade in Ace Combat from gamefly for 9.99 and wipeout 2048 that I bought from amazon for 15. Damn, I got like 3 BB GC, going to buy kindle cards. I LOVE IT!!!!!

#3057 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

So did you play these games already and just waiting for 100%, or did you not play some at all?

If it's just about getting 100%, then yeah whatever. I thought you are talking about a "backlog" of games you hadn't even opened yet. Certainly if you played the games you know which ones you liked and which ones you didn't. I'm at the point where I could give two shits about getting 100% in games, even though early on I tried to do that. If I tried to 100% every game I'd go crazy.

I have some guys in my PS3 friends lists that obviously do try to 100% every game, and for a few of them I have absolutley no idea where they find the time to do ALL of them because they are playing some serious games. Of course there are also some guys that 100% every game, but all they play is Disney games and easy to 100% games. They actually let the trophies dictate what games they play! That's just pathetic in my opinion.

Sorry /rant :shame:

No these are games I have never played. Some sitting on the shelf for years. I am definitely making that turn on the achievement thing. I was never into the whole 100% game completion but I definitely will chase certain achievements and i am now finding that I like games less and less because of them. I do not mind a few hard ones but sometimes I just wish they would make them straight forward...plus collectible achievements are horrible. It used to be collectibles added to the game but now they just seem as a way to artificially make the game longer. Seriously 3.0 for GOW3 is a perfect example of developers making an achievement a grind instead of fun.
Posted Image

#3058 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Splinter Cell: Conviction - Decent game, could go either way
Vanquish - Keep
Shadows of the Damned - Keep
Metro 2033 - Seriously, one of my top 3 shooters of this generation - KEEP!
Singularity - Keep
Majin and The Foresaken Kingdom - Dump
PoP:The Forgotten Sands - Dump
Red Faction:Armagedon - Horrible
Army of Two:40th Day - Dump
Wolfenstein - Decent but feels a bit dated, I traded it
Dungeon Seige III - This is a fun game, I'd keep it
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men - Dump
Wanted:Weapons of Fate - Dump
007 Bloodstone - Dump
God of War III - Keep this if you haven't played it. I haven't really played my copy since I beat it, but it's a hell of a playthrough.

All right, tried to help you out there. (my thoughts next to each game). I have actually played all those games at one point or another.

Seriously, don't trade in Metro, the game is superb.

#3059 Skydude

Skydude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

I decided only to trade in games I was definitely sure I was done with (100%ed and I don't think I would want to re-play them). There are some games I could probably have sold now and re-bought later and make a small profit that way, but that's too much hassle for me.

Particularly of note, to me, are Transformers Dark of the Moon and Green Lantern, which I got for $5.25 new each from Best Buy in December, played in the past couple months, and sold back to them just now for $16.80 and $10.50, respectively.

Gamers Club Unlocked added another $6 onto the trade-ins I had. Between coupons and used/trade-in bonuses, it has already paid for itself, and I just got it in March.
Posted Image

#3060 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

I decided only to trade in games I was definitely sure I was done with (100%ed and I don't think I would want to re-play them). There are some games I could probably have sold now and re-bought later and make a small profit that way, but that's too much hassle for me.

Particularly of note, to me, are Transformers Dark of the Moon and Green Lantern, which I got for $5.25 new each from Best Buy in December, played in the past couple months, and sold back to them just now for $16.80 and $10.50, respectively.

Gamers Club Unlocked added another $6 onto the trade-ins I had. Between coupons and used/trade-in bonuses, it has already paid for itself, and I just got it in March.

This is how I did it, too. The only game I impulse traded because of how much it was worth was Skyrim. Then after a few days of not feeling like I had anything to play I bought it back new when it was onsale for $35. So, yeah, I lost a couple bucks there because I didn't think ahead well enough.