Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#3061 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

At a standstill... Trade SH Downpour back in while the gettin is good, and buy MP3 for $40...or beat Downpour?

I basically paid it off with credit the other day...and I've only played about 2 hrs of it...but $21 is good credit for the game. And I feel it will be back down to that price before MP3 ever hits $20 soon
Posted Image

#3062 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

All right, tried to help you out there. (my thoughts next to each game). I have actually played all those games at one point or another.

Seriously, don't trade in Metro, the game is superb.

Thanks for the input and everyone else's help. This helped a lot. No reason to dump a good/great game just for a few extra dollars. I am sure this won't be the last time to get a good trade at BBY and if the TIVs drop too much I will just sell it on ebay.
Posted Image

#3063 splattered

splattered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Alright bear with me i'm pretty dang sick with a headcold today... argh. Want to take advantage of this 100% bonus while i can, so is everyone definitely getting more out of the best buy trade in bonus than the current stacking GS bonus? I just want to make sure i'm getting the most out of my trade ins in general.

Also, does BB give you different amounts whether you choose a BB GC or just cash? Or does BB even do cash? I can't remember. I know i've traded in BB GC for Visa cards before, but i see some people are trading in for Kindle Cards... can those be used as general Amazon GCs? Sorry i know all of these questions can be answered if i sit and search through the thread but i have to leave the house soon and i still need to pick through my games.

Thanks for any help guys...

#3064 legendarydogs

legendarydogs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Traded in Uncharted 3 and Batman AC for PS3 and got $46.20 I think.

#3065 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just traded in Kinect Sports and Arkham City for $48. Each game is $12 base.

#3066 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Alright bear with me i'm pretty dang sick with a headcold today... argh. Want to take advantage of this 100% bonus while i can, so is everyone definitely getting more out of the best buy trade in bonus than the current stacking GS bonus? I just want to make sure i'm getting the most out of my trade ins in general.

Also, does BB give you different amounts whether you choose a BB GC or just cash? Or does BB even do cash? I can't remember. I know i've traded in BB GC for Visa cards before, but i see some people are trading in for Kindle Cards... can those be used as general Amazon GCs? Sorry i know all of these questions can be answered if i sit and search through the thread but i have to leave the house soon and i still need to pick through my games.

Best Buy gives gift cards only. ymmv on your store still carrying Visa cards to buy with your bby gc as some stores removed them. Kindle cards are the same as a generic amazon gc that can be used on anything on amazon.com. you have to do your own homework on your own games to see if gs or bby (or a combination) works best for you, but I think generally bestbuy has been proving to be a better value.

good luck.

MildObstruction.png

#3067 thelwig14

thelwig14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

I can't believe I just got $25 for Black Ops a year and a half later.

#3068 PurpleJesus74

PurpleJesus74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

All right, tried to help you out there. (my thoughts next to each game). I have actually played all those games at one point or another.

Seriously, don't trade in Metro, the game is superb.

I agree with you on all except Red Faction : Armagedon.I know its not the same as Guerilla,but i actually thought it was fun to play.

#3069 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

Just traded in MW3 for $35.70 after buying it for $24.99 last week. Beat the campaign twice and dabbled in Spec Ops. Good riddance.

I used to try to 100% games - but with some of these crazy achievements and the fact that there are always more achievements tied to DLC, it's not worth my time/money to go for 100% anymore. I still try to grab as many as I can because it adds some replay value, but there are too many good games out there and coming out this fall to grind away on some of these titles.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#3070 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Is there a limit to the number of total games you can trade in? I would love to turn my game collection into a 50" Panasonic 3D Plasma with the free 3D Blu-Ray player.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#3071 Fl4shDeals

Fl4shDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Is there a limit to the number of total games you can trade in? I would love to turn my game collection into a 50" Panasonic 3D Plasma with the free 3D Blu-Ray player.

check this thread out ;)
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=322515
Spoiler

#3072 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

BB only does giftcards. You can use those giftcards to buy Amazon Kindle cards which can be used as general Amazon credit. You can also get the Visa cards as you mentioned.

As for if its better than the GS deal, that really depends on what you're looking to trade and how much. I know when I traded my 4 games at BB I got $88 there while I would have only gotten $54 at GS.

#3073 azngtlman

azngtlman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Just traded in MW3 for $35.70 after buying it for $24.99 last week. Beat the campaign twice and dabbled in Spec Ops. Good riddance.

I used to try to 100% games - but with some of these crazy achievements and the fact that there are always more achievements tied to DLC, it's not worth my time/money to go for 100% anymore. I still try to grab as many as I can because it adds some replay value, but there are too many good games out there and coming out this fall to grind away on some of these titles.

Wow MW3 actually went up? I traded it in on the first day for only $14 base... oh well.

#3074 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

Wow MW3 actually went up? I traded it in on the first day for only $14 base... oh well.

More than likely, it was on sale when you traded it in. When a game is one sale, it's better to wait till the following week to trade.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3075 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Why would anyone trade in a game for more store credit? i just find it so stupid.

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#3076 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

Why would anyone trade in a game for more store credit? i just find it so stupid.

Not sure if serious.

#3077 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

This is how I did it, too. The only game I impulse traded because of how much it was worth was Skyrim. Then after a few days of not feeling like I had anything to play I bought it back new when it was onsale for $35. So, yeah, I lost a couple bucks there because I didn't think ahead well enough.

Technically you could've bought the collector's edition for $60 plus tax and sold off everything but the game & bonus disc(artbook is averaging $15-40 on eBay, statue is getting $25-40) and had the game for basically free.

Only problem is the packaging for the game in the CE sucks(cardboard & plastic DVD box set type packaging, manual & map is in a lil slipcover type thing on the other side of that packaging), so I'd have kept the case/artwork & manual from your old copy to swap it out to. My manual from my CE was ripped on the front cover in several places from the moment I opened the CE up.:cry::roll::-#

Also, how is Dungeon Siege III? I had it once before from when I bought it with an @Gamer coupon for I think $15. But just like many on here it sat in my backlog and I ended up trading it. I've been hoping for a $5-10 sale price on it after @Gamer coupon so I could pick it up again for cheap, but so far that hasn't happened.

As it stands I have Two Worlds II, Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, Dragon Age II and Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning sitting in my backlog that I should play as well.:lol: Sometimes it just isn't easy being a CAG and seeing all of these insane deals and grabbing them.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3078 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

Because compared to GS you can buy a wide variety of electronic items at BB and as others touched on already you can also buy Amazon Kindle gift cards(which work as general Amazon credit) or Visa pre-paid credit/debit cards.

The best part is with the SquareUp app and card reader for your smartphone you can get all of the money off those Visa pre-paid cards for essentially $11.48. The breakdown on that is that there's a $5.95 fee for activating each pp Visa and with the SquareUp app they charge a fee of 2.75% for each swipe. Since you can put $200 max on each pp Visa, that means they'll take a $5.50 fee out of the $200 on the card.

A small price to pay really to turn BB store credit into cash you can spend anywhere at any time and at least then it's in your bank account and not on some card you might misplace or lose.

Posted Image

#3079 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

As it stands I have Two Worlds II, Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, Dragon Age II and Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning sitting in my backlog that I should play as well.:lol: Sometimes it just isn't easy being a CAG and seeing all of these insane deals and grabbing them.:cry:

This is the exact reason I will most likely trade Dungeon Siege III. I have about 5 other games kind of like it in the backlog. I paid $10.50 during a Gamefly sale and BBY will give me $14.70 for it. I can always go back and play it in a year when GoHastings has it for $7. That is the main thing driving me. Can I at least get my money back in credit? If I can then it is hard not to trade even games I want to play when you are still left with 70+ games in the backlog. When this month is done I could have about $800 in credit at BBY...eventually their used games will drop and I can swoop back in on a B2G1 sale. It is just hard sometimes to part with games you have not played but I am also trying to be realistic. :lol: CAG=Realistic...not usually when it comes to my buying habits.
Posted Image

#3080 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

Because compared to GS you can buy a wide variety of electronic items at BB and as others touched on already you can also buy Amazon Kindle gift cards(which work as general Amazon credit) or Visa pre-paid credit/debit cards.

The best part is with the SquareUp app and card reader for your smartphone you can get all of the money off those Visa pre-paid cards for essentially $11.48. The breakdown on that is that there's a $5.95 fee for activating each pp Visa and with the SquareUp app they charge a fee of 2.75% for each swipe. Since you can put $200 max on each pp Visa, that means they'll take a $5.50 fee out of the $200 on the card.

A small price to pay really to turn BB store credit into cash you can spend anywhere at any time and at least then it's in your bank account and not on some card you might misplace or lose.

I agree with the variety/Amazon bit, but I dont understand the logic with the Visa card/SquareUp app. To me, I'd rather keep the money right on the Visa card and just use that for purchases.

#3081 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:30 AM

I totally agree with you cancerman1120. I have a huge backlog due to deals I can't say no to, but when some trade deals come along, I find myself trading the games I bought for cheap. Almost all the time I get my money back I paid, so I am not that upset I never played the games. A lot of them were impulse buys anyway. I did another trade tonight. Traded Turok, Ratchet & Clack A Crack In Time, Red Faction Armageddon, NFS Hot Pursuit, and Darkness II for $54.60. Due to this trade deal, and Best Buy's $20 preorder promotion, my shitty Fall of not having money for games has turned into getting FarCry 3, Dishonored, Medal of Honor, and Black Ops 2 all with trade credit and the $20 RZ coupons from each game, plus having $40 RZ coupons leftover. BB is treating me well lately!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#3082 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

Technically you could've bought the collector's edition for $60 plus tax and sold off everything but the game & bonus disc(artbook is averaging $15-40 on eBay, statue is getting $25-40) and had the game for basically free.

Only problem is the packaging for the game in the CE sucks(cardboard & plastic DVD box set type packaging, manual & map is in a lil slipcover type thing on the other side of that packaging), so I'd have kept the case/artwork & manual from your old copy to swap it out to. My manual from my CE was ripped on the front cover in several places from the moment I opened the CE up.:cry::roll::-#

Also, how is Dungeon Siege III? I had it once before from when I bought it with an @Gamer coupon for I think $15. But just like many on here it sat in my backlog and I ended up trading it. I've been hoping for a $5-10 sale price on it after @Gamer coupon so I could pick it up again for cheap, but so far that hasn't happened.

I was very pleasantly surprised by Dungeon Siege 3. Combat was fun, character development was good. I was into the story and happy with the length.

Edited by JaylisJayP, 16 June 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#3083 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

Of course, I thought Amalur was great and enjoyed Two Worlds 2 as well lol. I guess youd get the most back for Amalur right now.

#3084 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:35 AM

I agree with the variety/Amazon bit, but I dont understand the logic with the Visa card/SquareUp app. To me, I'd rather keep the money right on the Visa card and just use that for purchases.

Like I said, the only reason I'd consider the SU app thing is for the possibility that maybe you're reaching for your RZ card or another loyalty card at another store. You don't see the pp Visa drop on the ground. Someone picks it up, that's free money for them, since it's not really tied to you in any way, shape or form.

As for the RPG's, I'm only really interested in action/hack & slash type RPG's, so why I rebought Dragon Age Origins Ultimate is beyond me. I remember being kinda bored with the original very quickly.

Posted Image

#3085 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

Like I said, the only reason I'd consider the SU app thing is for the possibility that maybe you're reaching for your RZ card or another loyalty card at another store. You don't see the pp Visa drop on the ground. Someone picks it up, that's free money for them, since it's not really tied to you in any way, shape or form.

I guess I can see that, but thats why I check my surroundings before leaving any store :D

#3086 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:38 AM

Well if you're that careless, then dont carry cash either.

#3087 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

Well if you're that careless, then dont carry cash either.

Don't get me wrong. I usually check to make sure I didn't drop anything. But all it takes is that ONE time when you don't check and you're out X amount. That's why I was looking for any way to get cash off the pp Visas I got a while ago.

Posted Image

#3088 kevinc23

kevinc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:45 AM

Had trouble trading Halo CE Anniversary today. Apparently when they scanned it nothing came up, the same thing happened when they tried to find it by typing the name. I found it strange since it clearly shows that the TIV for it is $10 on their online estimator. Has anyone had any issues like this lately?
Also the system was down yesterday, but when I tried again today Halo and Active Life: Magical Carnival were the only games that did not showed up on their system.

EDIT: I tried to trade them in again today and they both went through. I guess it was just the system malfunctioning.

#3089 Uso

Uso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

I tried a trade in today after about a month or so of not doing trades due to getting that ban screen popping up at the end of the last trade I tried. I don't wanna jinx it, but the trade went through.

I got $117.60 total for 6 games after the 100% bonus promo and my 10% for GCU.

I traded in:

:ps3:Rage-$5($10.50 after bonus n GCU)
:ps3:Bulletstorm-$6($12.60 after bonus n GCU)
:ps3:Medal Of Honor-$5($10.50 after bonus n GCU)
:ps3:Skyrim-$17($35.70 after bonus n GCU)
:ps3:Sniper Ghost Warrior-$11($23.10 after bonus n GCU)
:ps3:Batman: Arkham City-$12($25.20 after bonus n GCU)

Both the rep and I were shocked as hell when we got all the way to the end of the trade transaction and it went through. I ended up buying a pristine/mint condition/sealed :ps3:Skyrim CE for $60, a copy of Silent Hill Downpour for $20 and used the one @Gamer coupon to pick up a $5 copy of Dragon Age II. I still have about $30 in credit left on the gc from the trade today.

Best part is most if not all of those games were either PM's or bought with @Gamer coupons and gaming credit and aside from Skyrim I got double what I paid back in credit today for most of them. Even then, I was only off by $4 n change on Skyrim being a free rental since launch cuz I pm'd the $40 price someone had a while ago n got $20 back in credit.:D

But after the ban notice that last time I tried a trade I'm gonna calm shit down and not go overboard again.:-#

Congrats! When did you get banned? I still get the screen and last time I traded was back in January.

#3090 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

Also traded in a copy of MW3 for PS3 ,got $34 after bonus :D

Might trade in metal gear tomorrow but hmmmmm