Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#3631 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

Yeah, but my local TRU doesn't have stock.

Dang. Well, these might interest you:

http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=12241739
http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=4429325

Don't forget to use the code!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3632 Ginger Junk

Ginger Junk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

Will they take a PS3 console? If so, how much is it worth?

#3633 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

Will they take a PS3 console? If so, how much is it worth?

No.
Posted Image

#3634 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

Dang. Well, these might interest you:

http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=12241739
http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=4429325

Don't forget to use the code!

Those were all out of stock as well. My Sears used to carry WWtBaM, but all 12+ copies were cleared out once they dropped below $10.
Posted Image

#3635 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

Those were all out of stock as well. My Sears used to carry WWtBaM, but all 12+ copies were cleared out once they dropped below $10.

Speaking of Sears, this stock checker worked for me.

This will be $3.97 in store. Got another today.

http://www.sears.com...05_05803365000P

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#3636 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:49 PM

Aren't you the guy that is like under 16 and had to have his parents in order to trade in (not trying to be mean, so if you are not that guy, sorry about that)? How exactly does a 15 year old make contacts in industrial china?

It's the internet.

Contacts makes it seem crazier than it really is, it's really just a website anyone can use.

#3637 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

Speaking of Sears, this stock checker worked for me.

This will be $3.97 in store. Got another today.

http://www.sears.com...05_05803365000P

Both of those were stolen after I took them out of the locking case.

We had one lady take about 50 or so games to a bathroom and.. yeah.
Posted Image

#3638 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

thats what u get for letting a customer take merchandise into a bathroom.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#3639 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

Both of those were stolen after I took them out of the locking case.

We had one lady take about 50 or so games to a bathroom and.. yeah.

you let her take 50 things with her instead of just making her keep it by customer service or the cashier..?

#3640 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

2 points per dollar (base TIV).

I stand corrected ... I guess I did get RZ credit for Friday's trade in of :ps3: MJ The Experience and :ps3: Ben 10

Base TIV was $13

Total Points Earned with this transaction 39
Trade-In 13
2x Points Just For You 13
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 13

#3641 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:03 AM

Traded in my copy of :360: Kingdoms of Amalur for $25 then turned around and used the @Gamer coupon to get me a pre-owned copy for ~$22. Best Buy wants to pay me $3 to keep my game? Sounds good to me.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3642 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:07 AM

I stand corrected ... I guess I did get RZ credit for Friday's trade in of :ps3: MJ The Experience and :ps3: Ben 10

Base TIV was $13

Total Points Earned with this transaction 39
Trade-In 13
2x Points Just For You 13
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 13

Hmm, why did you get the extra 13? Are you silver or something? I only get 2x, so I would get 26 for the same transaction.

Here is an example:

Total Points Earned with this transaction 42

• Trade-In 21
  • RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 21

#3643 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

anyone ever bought a game from best buy then traded it back in the same day at a different store?

#3644 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

anyone ever bought a game from best buy then traded it back in the same day at a different store?

is this a joke? LOL tons of ppl have done that, just read through the whole thread, and you will find your answer

#3645 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:17 AM

is this a joke? LOL tons of ppl have done that, just read through the whole thread, and you will find your answer

Unfortunately no, I read through the OP and didnt see it and couldnt remember anyone talking about it. Didnt feel like pouring through the thread, thanks for the quick response.

#3646 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

Traded in my copy of :360: Kingdoms of Amalur for $25 then turned around and used the @Gamer coupon to get me a pre-owned copy for ~$22. Best Buy wants to pay me $3 to keep my game? Sounds good to me.

What was the logic here? Time, gas, and effort for $3 measly bucks?

#3647 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

Yeah but now he feels like he made money.

#3648 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:23 AM

Because he's Batman!
Spoiler

#3649 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

If he had to make a trip to BB anyways? Free, easy RZ points? Haha who knows.

#3650 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:29 AM

3 pts is not worth raising red flags.

edit: nevermind. he bought a used copy. man, what a dumb way to get $3.

Edited by confoosious, 03 July 2012 - 04:20 AM.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3651 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

$3. You sure showed them.

#3652 zeronotyethero

zeronotyethero

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

It's been quite some time since I last traded in any games at BB and was just wondering if I would be able to trade in multiple copies of a game?

Apparently the trade-in policy has changed a bit. According to the OP, BB used to allow 3 copies of the same game, but people are now reporting that only 1 copy of a game per system is allowed (eg. no multiples). Is this possibly YMMV?

If anybody could elaborate that would be great.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#3653 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

you let her take 50 things with her instead of just making her keep it by customer service or the cashier..?

This was a day when I wasn't working. Most of the games we lost were ones I had my eye on, too.

#3654 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Because he's Batman!

Spoiler

If he had to make a trip to BB anyways? Free, easy RZ points? Haha who knows.

3 pts is not worth raising red flags.

edit: nevermind. he bought a used copy. man, what a dumb way to get $3.

$3. You sure showed them.

Jeez. It wasn't the ONLY trade-in I did. I traded in a few other games. This was just an extra $3 on top of it and Best Buy's copy was in better shape than mine.

I'm not going to drive to Best Buy just to make $3, but if I can make an extra $3 on top of the other $60 worth of trade-ins with little to no effort, I will. Aside from that, it also gave me an excuse to use up that coupon.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3655 foster1887

foster1887

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

Anybody hear this one? A best buy wouldnt let me trade in my games because they werent bought from best buy and I didnt have a receipt for them. 4 people said that was their policy. I was like really? None of tge other best buts did tgat.

#3656 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Anybody hear this one? A best buy wouldnt let me trade in my games because they werent bought from best buy and I didnt have a receipt for them. 4 people said that was their policy. I was like really? None of tge other best buts did tgat.

Uh...it's in the OP:

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3657 Sepatown Tippie Tais

Sepatown Tippie Tais

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

It's been quite some time since I last traded in any games at BB and was just wondering if I would be able to trade in multiple copies of a game?

Apparently the trade-in policy has changed a bit. According to the OP, BB used to allow 3 copies of the same game, but people are now reporting that only 1 copy of a game per system is allowed (eg. no multiples). Is this possibly YMMV?

If anybody could elaborate that would be great.

I asked about a month ago when I saw reports of a 1 per year limit and they told me there was no change.
Two weeks later a girl denied a couple duplicates citing a 1 per year policy, and when I came in another day a third person recognized the games I was trying to trade in and told me he knew I had been denied previously, and again cited 1 per.
Today I traded stuff in and the girl apologized to me saying she was wrong about the policy and she had read somewhere that it was 1 per, but the website still says 3 and she was wrong.

Based on this and all the other reports, I would guess Best Buy has changed the policy and they're doing a terrible job of communicating it.

#3658 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:34 PM

It's a stealth change to nab dealers or mass flippers.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#3659 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

I asked about a month ago when I saw reports of a 1 per year limit and they told me there was no change.
Two weeks later a girl denied a couple duplicates citing a 1 per year policy, and when I came in another day a third person recognized the games I was trying to trade in and told me he knew I had been denied previously, and again cited 1 per.
Today I traded stuff in and the girl apologized to me saying she was wrong about the policy and she had read somewhere that it was 1 per, but the website still says 3 and she was wrong.

Based on this and all the other reports, I would guess Best Buy has changed the policy and they're doing a terrible job of communicating it.

why are you complaining here? you are posting your complaints on the wrong forum, if you want to make complaint regarding this issue, go post it in the bestbuy forum LMfao

#3660 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Damn newbs being newbs