Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#3691 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

wasn't there a guy who kept getting banned that acted like that guy? Pepsiman or something always saying people were rude to him

#3692 Person808

Person808

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

To the guy that felt my post was "very hurtful and vicious", idk what to tell you, I was just informing you to check online next time.

On another note I learned that I am banned from trading in games at BBY. I did a trade-in on Saturday just fine but today got the message. I of course don't really care tbh there's always other people who can do trade-ins for me.
Does show that they are still banning people though, maybe its another ban wave happening. I'm pretty surprised I wasn't banned last year when a lot of people had been banned.

Posted Image

#3693 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

Sorry to see that you got banned. Did you ever trade over the 3-limit? Did you trade alot this past week? ie the B2G1 etc? more info would be great.

#3694 Person808

Person808

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

I did go over the 3 limit but that was way last year (August) and it was only on one game. I only traded in 37 games over the weekend (in 2 transactions) and 23 of my personal games at the beginning of June (No duplicates games). I'm hoping this isn't their "50 game policy" in which I defiantly went over since March/April when it started. Maybe I was just singled out though and my store doesn't like me trading in so much games lately.

#3695 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

"No Buy List" as in Best Buy isn't buying games from you right?

For clarification...because being banned from buying at Best Buy from trading in games would kind of suck.

#3696 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

I went to my local Best Buy today and they told me that they are planning to get rid of the trade-in program because something how Best Buy is not a pawnshop and they aren't allowed to do this so I think this could be the very last trade-in program we could have at Best Buy.

#3697 kitlerc

kitlerc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

I went to my local Best Buy today and they told me that they are planning to get rid of the trade-in program because something how Best Buy is not a pawnshop and they aren't allowed to do this so I think this could be the very last trade-in program we could have at Best Buy.

If that's true, then I hope they do a crazy sale on all the used games they have in their stores to clear out the inventory.

#3698 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

I asked about a month ago when I saw reports of a 1 per year limit and they told me there was no change.
Two weeks later a girl denied a couple duplicates citing a 1 per year policy, and when I came in another day a third person recognized the games I was trying to trade in and told me he knew I had been denied previously, and again cited 1 per.
Today I traded stuff in and the girl apologized to me saying she was wrong about the policy and she had read somewhere that it was 1 per, but the website still says 3 and she was wrong.

Based on this and all the other reports, I would guess Best Buy has changed the policy and they're doing a terrible job of communicating it.

Yeah. According to the rep I did a trade in with the other day they got one memo saying the limit was one per title, then the next week it was back to three and it's been back and forth since then apparently.:roll:

i know ur trying 2 help... but u come across as very hurtful and vicious. my smart phone was not working. well the phone was working but my internet would not connect at the time. and i didnt know u can check values online. so as far as im concerned they stole my money. i told the guy at gamestop and he said thats why u trade in there... anyway... i will still trade in at best buy becasue i have the gamer club unlocked and im not going to let that go to waste. and now that i know the values online im going to load off some games (not ps2 games cuz those only get 25 cents but i will get rid of crap like dragon age 2 becus i never liked it in the first place and they give more than anyone else).

You thought his response was hurtful and vicious, when he just told you that the tiv has been $1 for a while on that game. How exactly is that hurtful or vicious?

Honestly, you could even have looked up the values in store using one of their kiosks in the gaming/media section by going to the video game section of the site on that kiosk and then finding the trade-in page. At least then you would've known BEFORE doing the trade(which as others have said you were not required to do until you signed off on the trade in sheet they handed you)that your game was going to only get you $1 before bonus.

As for the hurtful/vicious thing, believe me there are far far more hurtful and vicious posters on here.<wrings hands>:evil:;)

i just do not understand, how can trade in games at bestbuy be so hard for some ppl. they are making it seem like taking a SAT exam, by asking the simpliest questions over and over again. and complaining bestbuy's trade in policy.

:lol: Some people need to go back to school for reading comprehension and/or learn how to do shit for themselves. The answers for the redundant questions are usually there, whether in the original posts of a thread or in the prior page(s) of that same thread.

But to me it comes down to laziness on their part. Why bother looking for the info you need when you can just ask others to answer it for you. The thing that keeps them coming back is that someone will eventually cave in and be nice and answer their questions for them.:roll: If people would stop doing that shit, then maybe these folks would have to learn to look it up for themselves.

Edited by IAmTheCheapestGamer, 04 July 2012 - 01:30 PM.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3699 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

sounds ymmv. all the bb's in my area are having their trade in machines updated with new ones and the computer system revamped within the next couple weeks. if they mentioned pawn shop laws then its likely your state/county.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#3700 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

lol only traded 37 in over the weekend and 23 a few weeks before. 60 this month alone -already over the 50/yr limit)- probably was a red flag, and when they looked at ur trade in history thru to last yr u were fucked.

I did go over the 3 limit but that was way last year (August) and it was only on one game. I only traded in 37 games over the weekend (in 2 transactions) and 23 of my personal games at the beginning of June (No duplicates games). I'm hoping this isn't their "50 game policy" in which I defiantly went over since March/April when it started. Maybe I was just singled out though and my store doesn't like me trading in so much games lately.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#3701 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

wasn't there a guy who kept getting banned that acted like that guy? Pepsiman or something always saying people were rude to him

you might be right. This new kid is a real piece of work based on the PM he sent me saying I could be sued for internet bullying!

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3702 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

I am still not banned, even after trading 70+ games in the past 2 weeks (on top of the 80+ I have probably traded in this year). I am still thinking it is all about attracting negative attention to yourself(bragging)/going over the 3 per console limit...
:booty: Working on the last few trophies on JustCause2 plat :booty:

Looking for: GCs to BB
Have tons of: Skylanders figures, Mortal Kombat DLC codes, Square-Enix codes (ps3?), Armor of Brutus PS3 code, Revelations online pass PS3... please pm

#3703 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

you might be right. This new kid is a real piece of work based on the PM he sent me saying I could be sued for internet bullying!

Please tell me he was just joking when he sent that pm
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#3704 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

He did? Lol. Sued for cyber bullying? While cyber bullying is a serious crime, he should probably go look at what cyber bullying is, as this is not it. It's like trying to explain bait and switch again. :D

I am amazed I didn't get a PM. I wouldn't worry about it though. He is obviously very young. He seems illogical, and writes like an insane 3rd Grader from what I've seen of his other posts.

Things like this remind me why CAG has such a great community. These kind of things are a norm on other boards, and here a rarity. It seems most people on CAG are fairly mature.

#3705 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

He did? Lol. Sued for cyber bullying? While cyber bullying is a serious crime, he should probably go look at what cyber bullying is, as this is not it. It's like trying to explain bait and switch again. :D

I am amazed I didn't get a PM. I wouldn't worry about it though. He is obviously very young. He seems illogical, and writes like an insane 3rd Grader from what I've seen of his other posts.

Things like this remind me why CAG has such a great community. These kind of things are a norm on other boards, and here a rarity. It seems most people on CAG are fairly mature.

I thought so too but he posted that he was at least 17:

also rodimus if u got into afight w/kids in the movie theater and if ur an adult (u sound like a full grown man but usure aint acting like one) then u could have gotten arrested 4 hitting underage kids. that is against the law so next time try 2 cool it!! i learned that in anger management which iw as required 2 take when i was 17. it did help despite the fact that i didnt want 2 go originaly. but my dad forced me and it helped.

I dunno. I just laughed it off.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3706 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

:lol: Anger management classes? It sounds like he's the one with the issues when he's seeing 'bullying' where there is none.

Posted Image

#3707 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

Really? Now that is just plain sad.

It still doesn't make sense why he would be sending such ridiculous PMs. I hope no grown man would do that. I suppose he is a product of the "Texting Generation" much more than I am.

Anyway, back on topic. I might go trade some games to Best Buy to get in before the end of the 100% bonus.

Edit: Confoosious and IATCG agreeing? What has this world come to? (BTW, I still want that podcast) :lol:

#3708 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

I dunno. I just laughed it off.

if he is 17 yrs old, he is not that young. he is almost one yr away from being considered a legal adult

#3709 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

Yeah. According to the rep I did a trade in with the other day they got one memo saying the limit was one per title, then the next week it was back to three and it's been back and forth since then apparently.:roll:

You thought his response was hurtful and vicious, when he just told you that the tiv has been $1 for a while on that game. How exactly is that hurtful or vicious?

Honestly, you could even have looked up the values in store using one of their kiosks in the gaming/media section by going to the video game section of the site on that kiosk and then finding the trade-in page. At least then you would've known BEFORE doing the trade(which as others have said you were not required to do until you signed off on the trade in sheet they handed you)that your game was going to only get you $1 before bonus.

As for the hurtful/vicious thing, believe me there are far far more hurtful and vicious posters on here.<wrings hands>:evil:;)

:lol: Some people need to go back to school for reading comprehension and/or learn how to do shit for themselves. The answers for the redundant questions are usually there, whether in the original posts of a thread or in the prior page(s) of that same thread.

But to me it comes down to laziness on their part. Why bother looking for the info you need when you can just ask others to answer it for you. The thing that keeps them coming back is that someone will eventually cave in and be nice and answer their questions for them.:roll: If people would stop doing that shit, then maybe these folks would have to learn to look it up for themselves.

i think the mod should silenced those asking the questions that is already answered in the op

#3710 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

I am still not banned, even after trading 70+ games in the past 2 weeks (on top of the 80+ I have probably traded in this year). I am still thinking it is all about attracting negative attention to yourself(bragging)/going over the 3 per console limit...

LOL, don't worry it is only a matter of time for you, so you might as well keep trading in as much as you can

#3711 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

To the guy that felt my post was "very hurtful and vicious", idk what to tell you, I was just informing you to check online next time.

On another note I learned that I am banned from trading in games at BBY. I did a trade-in on Saturday just fine but today got the message. I of course don't really care tbh there's always other people who can do trade-ins for me.
Does show that they are still banning people though, maybe its another ban wave happening. I'm pretty surprised I wasn't banned last year when a lot of people had been banned.

Posted Image

this image should be framed in the op , LOL priceless

#3712 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Edit: Confoosious and IATCG agreeing? What has this world come to? (BTW, I still want that podcast) :lol:

Is it December 21st already?;):razz: I kinda wish it was actually, since this fuckin' heat in the NE is intolerable already.:-#

i think the mod should silenced those asking the questions that is already answered in the op

Unfortunately that sorta behavior is tolerated, but God forbid ya go 'off topic' or dare mention flipping(unless it's in the apparently approved of GS to BB flip thread on the deals/shopping discussion forum) cuz then those posts are eliminated faster than an Ethiopians' dinner due to dysentery.;)

I have one of those around here someplace too. I think I still have an old scanner around here somewhere. I should scan in a copy of mine to compare.;)

Posted Image

#3713 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

Yea back on topic. At bestbuy today im gonna tra .... Wait did I see iatcg and confoosious agree on something ? The ancient myans were right afterall
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#3714 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Is it December 21st already?;):razz: I kinda wish it was actually, since this fuckin' heat in the NE is intolerable already.:-#

Unfortunately that sorta behavior is tolerated, but God forbid ya go 'off topic' or dare mention flipping(unless it's in the apparently approved of GS to BB flip thread on the deals/shopping discussion forum) cuz then those posts are eliminated faster than an Ethiopians' dinner due to dysentery.;)

I have one of those around here someplace too. I think I still have an old scanner around here somewhere. I should scan in a copy of mine to compare.;)

LOL, maybe the recent scanned image of being banned from trade in will deter flippers, LMfao. I hate this weather, i have my ac on almost 24/7 at home

#3715 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

LOL, maybe the recent scanned image of being banned from trade in will deter flippers, LMfao. I hate this weather, i have my ac on almost 24/7 at home

NEVER !!!!!!! After I use gamestops 50% promo tommorow I'll do one last wave of gamestop to bestbuy flips :)
Currently playing

690739.png

#3716 bringerofdeath

bringerofdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

damn people need to stay in topic good god. So traded in saints row 11 base stayed the same.

#3717 theironunkind

theironunkind

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

make them scan your rz card. on the same screen that shows the 100% bonus box (that they mark with a check), there is a box underneath that asks if the person trading the game is gcu/ and will add 10%. this box is greyed out though/looks like it won't work- ask them to check that box as well and it will go from greyed out to active. make sure before they start scanning games that they scan your rz/gcu card.

Thanks for the quick response. I will try that today and see how it goes.

I think the problem was that I didn't have my card and they were just using phone #/email?

#3718 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Im trading in twisted metal as I dont like this game. The others in the series were great but this one doesnt feel right. Its really annoying to play ! They should have just remade black, remade the story cut scenes and put the nuke mode in it. Ill be getting 29.40 after bonuses so ill almost get my 29.99 back that I spent in gamestop on this game
Currently playing

690739.png

#3719 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Why? Nobody would ever see it there :)

#3720 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!