Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#3811 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:49 AM

The great thing is you know it will be cheaper. No worries about a stock rising here...short sell that shit. :D

Short this Fuck and cover at 9.99 like all ubisoft games.

#3812 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

Not sure if it's been said or not but my local Saturday newspaper has some of the Sunday ads. BBY ad lists the next promo as just 50% bonus; no mention of needing to preorder anything.

#3813 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Last day...make it count. :)

#3814 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Bought Hot Shots Golf Vita for $20 at Walmart and I find that I am not playing it as much as I thought I would. Base at BBY is $11, so trading it in.

Does anyone know if the in store estimate will be lower if I have already used the online pass?

#3815 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

I want to know what people think. Do you guys overall like the 100% or do you prefer 50% and regular looking TIV's?

#3816 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Bought Hot Shots Golf Vita for $20 at Walmart and I find that I am not playing it as much as I thought I would. Base at BBY is $11, so trading it in.

Does anyone know if the in store estimate will be lower if I have already used the online pass?

Having used the pass up will not change your trade in value in anyway. There is no way they could know anyways.

I want to know what people think. Do you guys overall like the 100% or do you prefer 50% and regular looking TIV's?

With many of the games that I traded in, the base trade values during this promotion were actually the same or slightly higher than Amazon's. So it goes without saying that I like the 100% bonus more.

#3817 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

They're about the same, really. I do like not having to pre-order anything, though. I'm tired of canceling them and running the risk of getting banned.

I dumped a lot during this promo. I've got a bunch of games I'd like to trade in, but BB gives like a quarter per UMD.

#3818 BrokeAssFool

BrokeAssFool

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

The 100% works well for the smaller dollar trades, the 4-9 dollar types. If you are trading in newer games the deals are probably pretty even.

#3819 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

The 100% works well for the smaller dollar trades, the 4-9 dollar types. If you are trading in newer games the deals are probably pretty even.

+1 This was great for most of those games at that value. In some cases they were as good or better than trying to sell on eBay. Those TIVs most likely won't go up either with the 50% bonus.

#3820 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

I'm definitely trying to, but playing Inversion via co-op with another CAG till 5 this morning and two hours and forty five minutes of that being just on one chapter/boss fight alone means I may not make it to BB with that game before the end of the day today.

Honestly, the boss fights in that game are so motherfuckin' repetitive(we've taken on the same boss 3x now in 3 different chapters, getting progressively harder each time:roll:) that I'll admit I almost stopped playing it this morning for good.

Then again, we are playing through on HARD difficulty, when I'd have likely played through on wussy mode(easy) and been done with it.:razz:

But it's actually nice having a bit of a challenge in a game for once, though over two hours for one level and/or boss was really pushing my patience.:bomb:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3821 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Anyone do the GS $10 Mortal Kombat Vita to $26 TIV at Best Buy? Too lazy to go and attempt it. It's hot outside.

#3822 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Too bad my GS gc from eRewards wouldn't show up already today or I'd likely try that for at least one copy.;)

But according to the thread on here it's $10 online only. So unless you find a GS that's willing to PM their website you're SOL and would have to wait for shipping.

Posted Image

#3823 whatsinaname

whatsinaname

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

Too bad my GS gc from eRewards wouldn't show up already today or I'd likely try that for at least one copy.;)

But according to the thread on here it's $10 online only. So unless you find a GS that's willing to PM their website you're SOL and would have to wait for shipping.

People on another forum are saying that the price is in-store as well.

#3824 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

I can confirm for you it's in-store. ;)

#3825 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Like I said, if I had the eRewards card by now(redeemed for it 2 days ago or so), then I might consider doing that. But knowing my luck it'll show up Monday.:roll: Besides which, I plan on immediately using $15.89 to renew my PUR with a manager who's been really cool for a really long time to me to bump up his sub numbers.;)

Posted Image

#3826 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Anyone do the GS $10 Mortal Kombat Vita to $26 TIV at Best Buy? Too lazy to go and attempt it. It's hot outside.

I did. I just got back. $27.30 tiv.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#3827 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

I'm surprised MK Vita went up, but hey more trade credit for me.

#3828 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm surprised MK Vita went up, but hey more trade credit for me.

it's the extra 10% with GCU ($1.30). Like the cherry on top of a sundae ;)
Posted Image

#3829 Ghemy

Ghemy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Quick question: do you need the case and/or manual when you trade in a game?

#3830 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

It's 9.99 in store at Gamestop, I've purchased 2, someone needs to update the other thread's title

#3831 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Quick question: do you need the case and/or manual when you trade in a game?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=312640

#3832 Ghemy

Ghemy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=312640

I'm an idiot.

Thank you.

#3833 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

I'm definitely trying to, but playing Inversion via co-op with another CAG till 5 this morning and two hours and forty five minutes of that being just on one chapter/boss fight alone means I may not make it to BB with that game before the end of the day today.

Honestly, the boss fights in that game are so motherfuckin' repetitive(we've taken on the same boss 3x now in 3 different chapters, getting progressively harder each time:roll:) that I'll admit I almost stopped playing it this morning for good.

Then again, we are playing through on HARD difficulty, when I'd have likely played through on wussy mode(easy) and been done with it.:razz:

But it's actually nice having a bit of a challenge in a game for once, though over two hours for one level and/or boss was really pushing my patience.:bomb:

I beat it on hard mode solo and there is this section right before the final boss that might not make it worth to hold on for the end of the day because it's so frustrating. Nobody plays this online as I only found 1 person to play with in the hour of waiting so I played 1 vs 1. I just took my 720 achievement score and kept it moving.

#3834 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

I beat it on hard mode solo and there is this section right before the final boss that might not make it worth to hold on for the end of the day because it's so frustrating. Nobody plays this online as I only found 1 person to play with in the hour of waiting so I played 1 vs 1. I just took my 720 achievement score and kept it moving.

If it's anywhere near the Slave Driver boss from Chapter 11 this morning, then I predict my patience will run out. That was SO annoying this morning to have 20 guys running after you plus the boss, plus some bigger guys with guns nailing you.:-#

Posted Image

#3835 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Just trade in MW3 and Spiderman EOT for $50.40. Flipped a $10 Amazon purchase on Spidey into $16.80!
Posted Image

#3836 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hey guys got some news for you, it seems like Best Buy might be giving up on gaming. They are cutting the job/role of gaming supervisor. Also, the gaming employees are being absorbed back into general employees. So there aren't going to be dedicated gaming employees anymore. I heard this from my local gaming supervisor.

#3837 TheBiz

TheBiz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Wait so 100% trade in is through today right? I mean it doesn't end until stores close today, Saturday.

#3838 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hey guys got some news for you, it seems like Best Buy might be giving up on gaming. They are cutting the job/role of gaming supervisor. Also, the gaming employees are being absorbed back into general employees. So there aren't going to be dedicated gaming employees anymore. I heard this from my local gaming supervisor.

oh damn union city one? that sucks for them

#3839 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

that could just be something at your store which may not be making money in that department. Doesnt necesarily it will be the same across the board as gaming may be more profitable elsewhere

Wait so 100% trade in is through today right? I mean it doesn't end until stores close today, Saturday.

Yes! You still have a few hours
Posted Image

#3840 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

that could just be something at your store which may not be making money in that department. Doesnt necesarily it will be the same across the board as gaming may be more profitable elsewhere

Yes! You still have a few hours

That's plausible but my local store has been number 1 in the districts for games. So we'll see, it still really sucks though.