Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#4021 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, they had 3 that had been sitting there for months @ 29.99. I went in Sunday to pick up my store pick order and just walked through to see if anything else jumped out at me. I saw that for 14.99 and picked one up. The gaming dept guy walked over and said they had just marked it down that morning. The ps3 version was not lowered and was still 29.99 (they have about 5 of those that have not moved in months either.)

Posted Image

#4022 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

Yeah, they had 3 that had been sitting there for months @ 29.99. I went in Sunday to pick up my store pick order and just walked through to see if anything else jumped out at me. I saw that for 14.99 and picked one up. The gaming dept guy walked over and said they had just marked it down that morning. The ps3 version was not lowered and was still 29.99 (they have about 5 of those that have not moved in months either.)

Aw man, where is this at? I'd totally jump on that :(

#4023 solid1127

solid1127

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

does anyone know why the promotions are in store only. i do have abest buy in my city but i'm kind of lazy to drive cross town.

#4024 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

does anyone know why the promotions are in store only. i do have abest buy in my city but i'm kind of lazy to drive cross town.

LOL, you have to work for that bb store credit just like a real job, ROflmao

#4025 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

Traded in regular mortal kombat today for 22.xx - not bad. Somebody gave me the komplete edition as a gift.

Posted Image

#4026 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

Black Ops Base value went up to $17, making it $25.50. Why did it go up??? Also MW3 now trades in for $14, making it $21 after 50%

Decent way to transfer credit from Gamestop to Best Buy.

#4027 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Decent way to transfer credit from Gamestop to Best Buy.

FYI, Black Ops is now down to $15 base ($22.50 w/ 50% bonus, $24 w/ GCU) for both systems.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#4028 argyle

argyle

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

So has anyone tried trading in a Dead Island: GOTY? When I do a search for it on the site it only shows the original version - was hoping they give more for the GOTY. I'm about to wrap that game up this week & would like to trade it assuming I'd get more than $10 out of it.
Posted Image

#4029 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

^^Same price for GOTY @ BB.

#4030 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

So has anyone tried trading in a Dead Island: GOTY? When I do a search for it on the site it only shows the original version - was hoping they give more for the GOTY. I'm about to wrap that game up this week & would like to trade it assuming I'd get more than $10 out of it.

Could of sworn I had added this to the OP, but apparently I did not.

I have since added the fact that Best Buy doesn't give separate trade in values for GOTY versions.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#4031 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:43 AM

FYI, Black Ops is now down to $15 base ($22.50 w/ 50% bonus, $24 w/ GCU) for both systems.

Good enough for my b2g1 GS coupon! Thanks!:D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#4032 MunchnOnDoritos

MunchnOnDoritos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

Good enough for my b2g1 GS coupon! Thanks!:D

I was planning on trading in three black ops with the buy 2 get 1 coupons also, and then I saw the value go down. Missed out on about 10 extra bucks, but still decided to go ahead with it. Decent way to transfer credit without much work :D

#4033 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Looks like I'm gonna make a $1 profit on the copy of Game of Thrones I picked up on Tuesday. I love the books/show, but this is just too rough around the edges to slog through given my backlog. Perhaps there is some a nice detailed summary of the story somewhere. That was supposed to be the main draw.

#4034 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

off topic, but this video reminded me of flipping and then i remembered there was that discussion of flipping food and clothes (and i assume its from this thread since its the bb trade thread ;)

#4035 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

off topic, but this video reminded me of flipping and then i remembered there was that discussion of flipping food and clothes (and i assume its from this thread since its the bb trade thread ;)

Spoiler

Actually I knew some people who used to clear out the local Goodwill and Salvation Army stores of any name brand or 'vintage' clothes and resell them on eBay. They typically made about 3-5x or more than they were paying for each item most times. Albeit then the local SA/GW stores started charging ridiculous prices for some clothing, so that negated that plan pretty quick.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4036 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Man, if BB's trade in process wasn't so long I'd go there a lot more. I actually have to plan my whole trip out since it takes anywhere from 5-25min.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#4037 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

It all depends on who is doing the process at mine. Unfortunately it seems like the one rep I was super friendly with in the gaming department is either gone or has been shifted to another department.

What that means is that now there's usually less experienced reps manning the kiosk/register in media, so a five minute trade process is turned into a 10-20 minute one now.:cry:

I just hope that the other reps who were working media weren't part of the recent layoffs from the company.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4038 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

Shoot. I knew I should have traded Twisted metal right away. TIV dropped from $22 to $15. It is fun but not really my thing. Well I can still get my money back. Free rental.

#4039 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

so uh... what's new?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4040 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

so uh... what's new?

apparently over time most games depreciate in value.
OP= Online Pass
Currently selling DLC: Dead Island, RAGE, Dissidia: Aya Brea Costume, SR: The Third OP, Red Faction: Armageddon, Homefront OP + Avatar, BRINK, Portal 2 Steam Passes, Crysis 2 LE, Bulletstorm , NFS:HP OP , Dead Space 2 OP +Armor, Alice Madness: Returns OP, Motorstorm: Apoc, FEAR 3 Shredder + OP, Gears of War 2 ALL FRONTS, Halo: Reach Recon Helmet, Mortal Kombat OP

PM for more details

#4041 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

so uh... what's new?

Yeah, Their site still showing the trade in bonus so it looks like 50% still valid.maybe??

#4042 TheBiz

TheBiz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

Shoot. I knew I should have traded Twisted metal right away. TIV dropped from $22 to $15. It is fun but not really my thing. Well I can still get my money back. Free rental.

Crap! The one time I forget to check trade in value I lose out on $11.20!

#4043 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

i wonder how long this promo will last

#4044 Wrong

Wrong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

i wonder how long this promo will last

On the Best Buy computer when it lists the promo, it says valid till Aug. 18. So, that is the likely end date.

#4045 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

Good to know, thanks! I still have several games I haven't completed yet.

#4046 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:22 AM

What are the chances 100% TIV comes back August 19th? One can dream right?

#4047 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

What are the chances 100% TIV comes back August 19th? One can dream right?

You'll win the lottery before it comes back.
OP= Online Pass
Currently selling DLC: Dead Island, RAGE, Dissidia: Aya Brea Costume, SR: The Third OP, Red Faction: Armageddon, Homefront OP + Avatar, BRINK, Portal 2 Steam Passes, Crysis 2 LE, Bulletstorm , NFS:HP OP , Dead Space 2 OP +Armor, Alice Madness: Returns OP, Motorstorm: Apoc, FEAR 3 Shredder + OP, Gears of War 2 ALL FRONTS, Halo: Reach Recon Helmet, Mortal Kombat OP

PM for more details

#4048 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I traded in this morning... I swear every time I go there they have a new person at the game kiosk and it takes longer and longer. This time was only 3 games, still took almost 20 minutes.

However, I did notice, and I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else yet, that they had the Max Payne 3 Collector's Edition on sale for $34.99. Snatched it right up -- last one at my store.

#4049 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

I traded in this morning... I swear every time I go there they have a new person at the game kiosk and it takes longer and longer. This time was only 3 games, still took almost 20 minutes.

However, I did notice, and I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else yet, that they had the Max Payne 3 Collector's Edition on sale for $34.99. Snatched it right up -- last one at my store.

What does the Max Payne LE come with?

#4050 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

What does the Max Payne LE come with?

Statue, bullet keychain, some lithos, the game , and (exclusive?) dlc.

I bought one when they had the $20 off GCU promo and it was barely worth it (traded in game for $36 to AZ) and kept everything else. I still have to try to sell the dlc. At $35 it is a good deal though. The bullet keychain seems to be the most desirable item form the set.