Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#4051 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

on the BB trade in app, it says the 50% offer ends on 12/28. No clue if it's accurate, or if they may change later.

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#4052 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

I traded a disc only nsmb Wii for $16 base or $24 with bonus. I think this game has actually gone up in value from $13.

#4053 DarkClown12

DarkClown12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

I traded Mortal Kombat for vita from the 9.99 gamestop sale and got base $13 total $19.50. Not bad that I almost doubled my money!

#4054 Sharp Katana

Sharp Katana

Chillin like a villain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

what are the chances of twisted metal's tiv going up after the promo ends? I'm wondering if I should trade it in to take advantage of the buy2g1 this week.

9unm.png

credits to Lilchiji

#4055 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:52 AM

I'm sure this was asked plenty of times be4 but can I trade in multiple copies of the same game and still get a trade in bonus?

And bad question but if I trade in a game worth $10 than I will get the 50% trade in bonus to make it $20. And is that credit or cash?

#4056 lBleachl

lBleachl

No, not Clorox.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:54 AM

I'm sure this was asked plenty of times be4 but can I trade in multiple copies of the same game and still get a trade in bonus?

Yes, as long as it is within the 3 of the same game per platform limit.

#4057 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

And bad question but if I trade in a game worth $10 than I will get the 50% trade in bonus to make it $20. And is that credit or cash?

are you for real? or just trolling? bestbuy never gives cash for trade-in games. maybe you should try gamestop if you want cash for your games

#4058 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:07 AM

are you for real? or just trolling? bestbuy never gives cash for trade-in games. maybe you should try gamestop if you want cash for your games

Obviously a legitimate question. Thanks for the answer despite the sass.

#4059 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:07 AM

I hope you're trolling. If not, check your math.

#4060 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:10 AM

actually you can find most of your answers to your questions in the first page of the op, like example to the trade in limit, Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in? Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk. Lately some people have been told the policy is 1 game per system (i.e. you could trade in 1 copy of a game for Xbox, 1 for PS3 and 1 for Wii), and have been actively turned down when trading in more than one copy. Whether this is actually something they are banning for or if it is just what employees are being told to follow to limit multiples is unknown. Trade multiples at your own risk.

#4061 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:12 AM

but its not obvious..

#4062 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

but its not obvious..

dudeimgodly, do you still trade in to bestbuy, since you been banned? because all you need is to find some1 else to trade in for you

#4063 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Read through the FAQ but didn't find any q/a regading disc condition... Do bb accept Any games with stickers on them?

#4064 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

Please follow Samuel Jacksons' advice in the following gif if you have any questions.

Posted Image

For your convenience, a link to the OP:

http://www.cheapassg...954&postcount=1

Also, you may wanna buy a calculator if 10 x .5= 20 :razz:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4065 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

I hope you're trolling. If not, check your math.

Oh wow! Fail on my part. Sorry about that.

#4066 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

Read through the FAQ but didn't find any q/a regading disc condition... Do bb accept Any games with stickers on them?

mostly like no

#4067 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

It's YMMV. What kinda stickers perse? Only place I know anymore that may put stickers on discs is Redbox and maybe Netflix and I don't think any of those sell their games as of yet.

Posted Image

#4068 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

Please follow Samuel Jacksons' advice in the following gif if you have any questions.

Posted Image

For your convenience, a link to the OP:

http://www.cheapassg...954&postcount=1

Also, you may wanna buy a calculator if 10 x .5= 20 :razz:

lol, i thought you were too busy looking for your $20 storage closet. i have not seen you post alot today.

#4069 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

It's YMMV. What kinda stickers perse? Only place I know anymore that may put stickers on discs is Redbox and maybe Netflix and I don't think any of those sell their games as of yet.

i remember i got deny once trying to trade in a game with a gamestop case( gamestop game cases always come with stickers on it). the case was not from the game

#4070 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

Netflix and Redbox don't sell their games in a traditional sense. but if you lose or keep the game for too long, they will charge you the price of the game and you get to keep it lol.

#4071 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:53 AM

Thanks fir the replys. Not sure, I purchased a few games from some1 locally today and one of the ps3 game has a center ring sticker on it... The lable is darken out entirely with a black perminate marker. Other than that it's complete.. Do redbox rent out complete games? So I guess no one here has been lucky trading in any ame with sticker yet..

#4072 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

Thanks fir the replys. Not sure, I purchased a few games from some1 locally today and one of the ps3 game has a center ring sticker on it... The lable is darken out entirely with a black perminate marker. Other than that it's complete.. Do redbox rent out complete games? So I guess no one here has been lucky trading in any ame with sticker yet..

yeah, from your description of it, it will mostly likely be rejected, but you can always try to trade it in. you never know, the worst they can say is no

#4073 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

lol, i thought you were too busy looking for your $20 storage closet. i have not seen you post alot today.

It's in transit. I checked yesterday.;) So sometime this week I should have it.:D

i remember i got deny once trying to trade in a game with a gamestop case( gamestop game cases always come with stickers on it). the case was not from the game

When I was doing 3x everything, I'd almost always take the GS stickers off the games. I think the only time I said Fuck it and left them on was the 3x many $.99 :ps2: sports game lot I brought directly from GS the one time.:lol: Surprisingly 90-95% of them were complete and mint too.:-#

In other words, someone likely stole a Redbox game by keeping it and maybe using a stolen credit card to 'pay' for that rental and then sold it to you.:-# I see some of them every so often on Craigslist here and I just chuckle.

Posted Image

#4074 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

It's in transit. I checked yesterday.;) So sometime this week I should have it.:D

When I was doing 3x everything, I'd almost always take the GS stickers off the games. I think the only time I said Fuck it and left them on was the 3x many $.99 :ps2: sports game lot I brought directly from GS the one time.:lol: Surprisingly 90-95% of them were complete and mint too.:-#

In other words, someone likely stole a Redbox game by keeping it and maybe using a stolen credit card to 'pay' for that rental and then sold it to you.:-# I see some of them every so often on Craigslist here and I just chuckle.

iatcag, did you manage to purchase twiste metal or modern warfare 3 with the rewarzone offer for $40 discount?

#4075 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

I always had Best Buy accepted sticker from a local video rental franchise. It was similar to Redbox sticker. I gotten some from GS while I was transferring credit from GS to BB. I've done it multiply times and haven't gotten rejected yet.

#4076 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:07 AM

iatcag, did you manage to purchase twiste metal or modern warfare 3 with the rewarzone offer for $40 discount?

Nah. I opted not to waste my time on them. I'd probably only look for someplace to trade both if I bought them since I have ZERO desire to play either.

Posted Image

#4077 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

YEah, possibly. I was bummed out when I noticed the sticker on the game; he listed that all the games were good condition . :drool: the price was a good so I just looked passed it.

I always had Best Buy accepted sticker from a local video rental franchise. It was similar to Redbox sticker. I gotten some from GS while I was transferring credit from GS to BB. I've done it multiply times and haven't gotten rejected yet.

Thats good to know. I probably go with that.

#4078 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

(Vita) Mortal Kombat (bought for $9.99 at GS, traded for $27.30 with GCU)

Just bumping that Vita trade in value from the 100%....

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#4079 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

Just bumping that Vita trade in value from the 100%....

I believe it's only 50% right now and not 100.

#4080 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

I believe it's only 50% right now and not 100.

Yes, it's 50%. I should've added that isn't current. Someone was remembering what the value was when they were doing 100%. I figured I'd bump it in this one, instead of starting some kind of flippers war in the other one.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png