Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#4531 dieverse510

dieverse510

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

Does anyone know when the 100% trade in bonus really ends??? Orderd a few games on gohastings to trade in and with how slow their shipping is i dont really want to miss out on this deal to pick up a few titles for cheap...

#4532 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

I traded in Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare-PS3(Got for free :), got $12
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3-XBOX360-Paid $10NEW, got $12
El Shaddai-XBOX360 Paid $10NEW, got $12
Limbo/Trials HD/Splosion Man Triple Pack XBOX360 Paid $10NEW on Newegg, got $8 :( I thought it was listed at $8 on the online TIV checker but no biggie everything else offset it and I still made a slight profit.
Qubed-XBOX360 Paid $7.96 during Toy's R' US promotion, Made $8
Naruto: Clash of the Ninja Revolution 3-Wii Paid $5 for it at Fivebelow, made $8. Grand total of $60 bucks aint bad so I went and got $75 worth of Amazon Kindle Giftcards :), $15 out of pocket aint too shabby. I wanted to order Yakuza Dead Souls of Amazon.uk since its almost $25 cheaper than the US release. System wont allow to send to my address. Can anyone recommend some good jrpgs on amazon for the 360/PS3. Doe's amazon pricematch because some of the Atelier Rorona are cheaper on newegg.

#4533 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

Not sure if this has been asked before, but does BB sell any giftcards that can be used to purchase at Newegg? I know they sell Amazon Kindle cards. Reason is because I have a couple of BB credit and was hoping to use some of them on purchasing Guild Wars 2 over at Newegg (thanks to the $12 off promo).

#4534 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

Wife got denied on 2 games witch had GameStop stickers on the actual paper cover that I couldn't remove. Said they don't take games that where bought used. New one for me, next time I'll have her take them in disc only.

#4535 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

Wife got denied on 2 games witch had GameStop stickers on the actual paper cover that I couldn't remove. Said they don't take games that where bought used. New one for me, next time I'll have her take them in disc only.

Strange. I left the stickers on before and they took it. Just made a comment saying, "Hey nice, looks like you're getting back more than you paid for." And I thought to myself oops.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but does BB sell any giftcards that can be used to purchase at Newegg? I know they sell Amazon Kindle cards. Reason is because I have a couple of BB credit and was hoping to use some of them on purchasing Guild Wars 2 over at Newegg (thanks to the $12 off promo).

They have prepaid visa cards, which you can put anywhere from $20-$200 on. It has an activation fee of $5.95 though. I've gotten these 3 times with $200 each already from credit. You need to register them online though so you can use them online.

#4536 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

Seems like a bogus statement. The game is the game. Should be predicated on the condition, especially given that they take them disk only.

#4537 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:25 AM

yeah haha i left an 'incorrect item' sticker from half.com on a flip and the guy was like what's this. i was like yeah they denied it cuz it was a bestbuy version. lol. he just laughed and gave me my 110% tiv. ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#4538 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

Seems like a bogus statement. The game is the game. Should be predicated on the condition, especially given that they take them disk only.

It's true statement, it happened, just not to me to me before, so ymmv. She said that the employee was a noob though so maybe it was just someone that was scared to lose there job for something stupid.

#4539 bw5150

bw5150

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

Did a trade in this evening (about 12 games) and when I got home I looked at the print out of what I had traded and saw one of the games was listed as a generic trade in (50 cents).

When in fact I know the game was on the BB site listed for $7 value ($14 when doubled). I know I should have dbl checked the list I signed but I didn't.

Anything I can do about it?

Thx

#4540 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:35 AM

Did a trade in this evening (about 12 games) and when I got home I looked at the print out of what I had traded and saw one of the games was listed as a generic trade in (50 cents).

When in fact I know the game was on the BB site listed for $7 value ($14 when doubled). I know I should have dbl checked the list I signed but I didn't.

Thx

This happened to me before (I got cheated out $30 because the employee failed to tell me he was entering them as generic). I literally had to complain to a manager for half an hour to get the difference back (this was right after it had happened). Basically, from what they told me, they cannot "undo" a trade - once it's complete, it's impossible to refund. Eventually, they just gave me a giftcard with the difference.

#4541 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:36 AM

I really hope the TIVs for the games I wanna trade in hold til Friday.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4542 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

Thx

No offense bro but you gotta do your homework. I double check the TIV of my games the day I go in and trade them. If I get told a different price for my gift card, I ask what happened right there on the spot. As for your situation, since you signed the papers there's not much you can really do.

#4543 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

Try checking the OP.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4544 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

Does anyone know when the 100% trade in bonus really ends??? Orderd a few games on gohastings to trade in and with how slow their shipping is i dont really want to miss out on this deal to pick up a few titles for cheap...

It ends Oct 6 So you have plenty of time

#4545 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

100% Trade-In Bonus ends 9/1 if anyone cares to know. ;)
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#4546 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

They have prepaid visa cards, which you can put anywhere from $20-$200 on. It has an activation fee of $5.95 though. I've gotten these 3 times with $200 each already from credit. You need to register them online though so you can use them online.

Ah, so that's the only way then? Haven't used these cards before... and I'm kinda confused that you have to activate 'em ^_^;

#4547 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:26 AM

Ah, so that's the only way then? Haven't used these cards before... and I'm kinda confused that you have to activate 'em ^_^;

all visa gift cards have activation fees. That's how they get money. Its basically a credit card but instead of being charged interest you pay a fee up front.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#4548 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:55 AM

Damnit midnight, I thought you were about to give us something good when I saw your name posted.

Oh I'll give you something good

like next week's deals
.....tomorrow evening :lol:
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#4549 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:19 AM

100% Trade-In Bonus ends 9/1 if anyone cares to know. ;)

Are you saying it ends 9/1 for sure or that next weeks ad extends it to 9/1?

Guess I won't be able to finish all the games I wanted then. Hopefully I can get through 3 more before end of next week.
Posted Image

#4550 dieverse510

dieverse510

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

Just to let some CAGs know that they got copies of Men in Black: Alien Invasion for xbox 360 for $13.50 after promo at gohastings.com...trades into best buy for $24 after 100% promo and a lil more if your unlocked member

#4551 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

Is there any way to check if a BB carries Visa Gift cards? I've asked at two BBs and both say they do not carry them and I have been unable to find them in store. There's a few more in Vegas but they are kind of far to me. I might just end up buying Kindle cards for textbooks this semester but straight up cash can be useful.

#4552 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:39 AM

Is there any way to check if a BB carries Visa Gift cards? I've asked at two BBs and both say they do not carry them and I have been unable to find them in store. There's a few more in Vegas but they are kind of far to me. I might just end up buying Kindle cards for textbooks this semester but straight up cash can be useful.

I don't think you could track it but maybe someone knows? As soon as the "game department" started up in my store they moved them into a cardboard box behind the returns counter. I can still buy them but have to wait in a long ass line to get one.

Edit: also the wife got denied once for trying to convert gift cards labeled "Trade-In" on the front.

#4553 247

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

I also got denied once but it was a BB GC.

#4554 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

This happened to me before (I got cheated out $30 because the employee failed to tell me he was entering them as generic). I literally had to complain to a manager for half an hour to get the difference back (this was right after it had happened). Basically, from what they told me, they cannot "undo" a trade - once it's complete, it's impossible to refund. Eventually, they just gave me a giftcard with the difference.

It is important to always ask the employees to go over the values before you finalize the trade-in. They tried to give me a generic sku for a Halo game on the 360 because the inexperienced employee couldn't find it in the system and said it wouldn't scan when brought up. Eventually I told them what to exactly type in and it came up right away and I got the full, correct value for the game.

#4555 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

You know how you get around all this for a big trade?

Go to the BB site, add the items to your cart. Then print that out for the employee. "These are the base values I got online, just let me know if anything changed."

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4556 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

I traded in some old wii game for 114. At first I through it is weird and it turn out the customer service people didn't set mine as gamer unlock even through I mention I am unlocked.

It probably didn't help I was send to customer service to do my trade in instead of the trade in station. Think I should complain on the best buy forum?

#4557 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

You know how you get around all this for a big trade?

Go to the BB site, add the items to your cart. Then print that out for the employee. "These are the base values I got online, just let me know if anything changed."

I never thought of that. I just write down the games before I leave my house and what they should each be worth after bonus and add it up. If it doesn't match, I dig deeper.

#4558 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

you don't have a printer? much easier.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4559 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

you don't have a printer? much easier.

I do have a wireless one on the other floor, but I haven't bothered networking it yet. I only trade about 6-10 games at a time, so it is quicker for me to write them out. I do all the math on a spreadsheet that compares GSs current offers against BBs to determine where to trade them in. I spend more time calling GS to check TIVs than anything. ;)

#4560 kingwormer

kingwormer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

Ok, so I was banned long ago from bby for trade ins. I did a lot. I mean a lot a lot. Now I went in other day an my gf was trading in some of her old wii games. The store manager was staring us down and sent people over to check on her. Made my gf feel like crap. So she got her giftcard and left.

So today I go in and confront the manager about this. I'm told to my face I've stole thousands from the company, and I'm not allowed to trade in baned. I told her it was my gf doing trades not me. Again, then I'm told I was told by district LP I can't trade. So I told her I never was. Anyhow after this I leave.

She then goes on to tell my friend that works there that I'm a felon, and I'm under investigation and crap. I'm seriously annoyed right now. She was slandering me to who all knows who, and calling me a felon? Sure all the trades may be frowned apon, but it's not a felony. I only did what the system left me.

Anyone else who was a major flipper get this treatment, and or threaten you are under investigation? I want to call her HR and complain about slander, but I'm wondering if I should just drop it? Anyone?