Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#4651 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

Not, these are flippers saying returning something without a receipt is fraud. Which is ironic because that is exactly what they are doing flipping a game.

Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think? Like rain on your wedding day?

#4652 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

Not, these are flippers saying returning something without a receipt is fraud. Which is ironic because that is exactly what they are doing flipping a game.

Pretty sure it was you who called people a joke for thinking returning items not from walmart without receipt is fraud but hell maybe i'm wrong. Just to clarify your other comment, they don't get banned from the store, they just get banned from trading in.

#4653 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

There are many people sick of reading about how flippers take something and get free money. Tjhis ruins the trade in value for people who just want to get fair value for the game the originally bout for much more money than a trade in value. Do us a favor and stop posting this garbage. Or go the the CheapAssFlipper site for it. Leave us alone for the real deals.

Then to read about someone complain about getting banned. I mean how do you get banned from a store. You must have done something very wrong for that.

If you're on CAG and you're paying 'much more' for a game and not actively taking advantage of price matches for 30/60 days after purchase at BB or getting $10/$20 codes for pre-ordering the game(s)(again, at BB or Amazon), then you're doing it wrong and should have your CAG membership card cut in half and be kicked out the door.:razz::booty:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4654 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

Pretty sure it was you who called people a joke for thinking returning items not from walmart without receipt is fraud but hell maybe i'm wrong. Just to clarify your other comment, they don't get banned from the store, they just get banned from trading in.

What events trigger a retun ban from Best Buy?

#4655 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

running around naked tossing glitter = ban :)

Damn. Did GS post a picture of me doing that that led to my ban?

Posted Image

#4656 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

If you're on CAG and you're paying 'much more' for a game and not actively taking advantage of price matches for 30/60 days after purchase at BB or getting $10/$20 codes for pre-ordering the game(s)(again, at BB or Amazon), then you're doing it wrong and should have your CAG membership card cut in half and be kicked out the door.:razz::booty:

I have no problem with price matches, etc what you listed. Flipping ruins it for the average person.

#4657 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

I have no problem with price matches, etc what you listed. Flipping ruins it for the average person.

So does return fraud.

#4658 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

FYI, HDMI cables currently trade in for $4 base at GS.

Shit, I wish they could be traded in at Best Buy; they'd probably take double that if they did. Then turn around and charge $19.99 or more for used generic HDMI cables...would still be a great deal relative to what they ask for new ones :roll:

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#4659 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

I hope all you flippers get banned. Why not put your efforts into getting a real job to help the economy instead of taking value from it.

Trololol also that's not how the economy works.

#4660 Kecir12

Kecir12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

How is flipping return fraud? You upset cause people can buy low and trade/sell high? That's how business works. I do it on Glyde practically every day.

#4661 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

Is 50 games traded in per quarter an official rule/limitation? Where is this stated or am I thniking of another trade program? Thanks
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#4662 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:50 AM

I love buying stuff cheap and reselling for a profit :hot: ,not my prob if some schmuck was too late to the party and buying y-item at x-price point.

#4663 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:57 AM

Just wanted to post an update on my trade in situation from last night.
http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=4555

Went back tonight and asked to speak to a store mgr. and explained to her what happened. So she went back to the video game kiosk and looked up the game I disputed and pulled it out of the counter. She rerung it and gave me the $13 on a giftcard w/o any hesitation. Glad I did look into it, because I figured I was out that credit.

Wait.. These trade ins are done at a kiosk??

Anyways looks like this is running through next week as well.. Gives me some time to think about what things to trade in.. I pretty much refuse to trade in anything that comes up for $1 or less

1080i is for douchebags

#4664 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

Except the average person seems to be OK with getting $X amount at GS without even taking advantage of the bonus promos or using a PUR card. Otherwise the chain would've seen their profits go down a while ago if people actually investigated what they could get elsewhere for their used games and stopped trading in there.

This is just a case of people who waited far too long to finish a game who are pissed at themselves for not trading them sooner looking for someone else to blame besides their own procrastination. Simple as that.

Shit, I wish they could be traded in at Best Buy; they'd probably take double that if they did. Then turn around and charge $19.99 or more for used generic HDMI cables...would still be a great deal relative to what they ask for new ones :roll:

If I remember correctly, that's what GS charges for generic HDMI cables once they buy em for $4.40 apiece after 10% PUR bonus, which is the ONLY bonus that applies when trading in accessories and consoles.:roll:

So they make a nice $15.59 profit per cable.

Like I've been saying for a while, someone needs to open up a chain called Only Cables and sell just that at the store. Imagine all of the people who were gonna buy a $100 Monster brand cable at BB who would be grateful for being able to buy one for $2-5 a pop instead? You'd make a killing.

Posted Image

#4665 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

Is 50 games traded in per quarter an official rule/limitation? Where is this stated or am I thniking of another trade program? Thanks

Unfortunately there's never been any verification that there is a hard and fast limit per quarter or per year. If it's per year, then a lot of the high volume traders will be SOL and BB may have to revise their policies and limits since I think most normal consumers still equate Gamestop with game trades and may not even know that BB does them yet.

Just like the Kmart Gamer deals, which were advertised ONE time in their weekly circulars, Best Buy is relying on word of mouth. Outside of the deal sites, I don't see very many regular customers trading in games to there.

Posted Image

#4666 247

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

Was looking at the Slickdeals thread about the 100% promo. Bunch of noobs trying to flip :lol:

#4667 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

Except the average person seems to be OK with getting $X amount at GS without even taking advantage of the bonus promos or using a PUR card. Otherwise the chain would've seen their profits go down a while ago if people actually investigated what they could get elsewhere for their used games and stopped trading in there.

This is just a case of people who waited far too long to finish a game who are pissed at themselves for not trading them sooner looking for someone else to blame besides their own procrastination. Simple as that.

If I remember correctly, that's what GS charges for generic HDMI cables once they buy em for $4.40 apiece after 10% PUR bonus, which is the ONLY bonus that applies when trading in accessories and consoles.:roll:

So they make a nice $15.59 profit per cable.

Like I've been saying for a while, someone needs to open up a chain called Only Cables and sell just that at the store. Imagine all of the people who were gonna buy a $100 Monster brand cable at BB who would be grateful for being able to buy one for $2-5 a pop instead? You'd make a killing.

You don't understand how overhead works?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4668 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:01 AM

Was looking at the Slickdeals thread about the 100% promo. Bunch of noobs trying to flip :lol:

If only you knew what this thread had become.

#4669 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

If the people who want to trade in their own games are mad because their tiv tanked thanks to flippers, they should stop playing games, because they're playing the wrong ones. seriously, 99% of the games flipped are utter shit.

#4670 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

What Wii or 3DS/DS game that's at $19.99 MSRP brings in the most via trade? I think I'll buy that 3DS this week and get New Super Mario Bros 2 at Toys R Us, which will entitle me to a Wii or 3DS/DS game that's 19.99 for 6 bucks. I have no need for that game, So i would just keep the NSMB2 and trade in the other game to take some of the weight of the 40 bucks I paid for NSMB2. is there a game like that that can maybe have a TIV of 8 or 9 so i can get 16 or 18 back? All the Nintendo Selects seem to be $4 base. Those to mee seemed like good choices for a good TIV, but no dice

#4671 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

[quote name='BegFourMercy']"There are many people sick of reading about how flippers take something and get free money."

You do realize that stealing isn't required to flip,right? Cause you seem to think so by the way you worded this sentence.

#4672 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

What Wii or 3DS/DS game that's at $19.99 MSRP brings in the most via trade? I think I'll buy that 3DS this week and get New Super Mario Bros 2 at Toys R Us, which will entitle me to a Wii or 3DS/DS game that's 19.99 for 6 bucks. I have no need for that game, So i would just keep the NSMB2 and trade in the other game to take some of the weight of the 40 bucks I paid for NSMB2. is there a game like that that can maybe have a TIV of 8 or 9 so i can get 16 or 18 back? All the Nintendo Selects seem to be $4 base. Those to mee seemed like good choices for a good TIV, but no dice

It wasn't easy... but I finally found one that matched your criteria. Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion is $19.99 at Toys R Us for the Wii. It will trade in for $8 Base.

#4673 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:31 AM

It wasn't easy... but I finally found one that matched your criteria. Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion is $19.99 at Toys R Us for the Wii. It will trade in for $8 Base.

Nice, thank you. That would make my NSMB2 30 bucks ( 40 + 6 - 16)

#4674 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:17 AM

I don't flip myself but generally don't have a problem with those that do unless they're buying up copies of a game somebody might actually want to play. If you can get away with buying Wii shovelware at GS and making a profit at BB, more power to you.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4675 KratosGOW2525

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

Does the free Steel Diver with a purchase of any 3DS system include the 3DS XL? And is that deal also in stores..Thinking about getting a XL in the morning.

#4676 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

If only you knew what this thread had become.

Quote of the day at 1201 AM, you on fire Dude.

#4677 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

#4678 bstan21

bstan21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Heads up for anyone trying to trade FIFA soccer for vita to upgrade to the new one. The quoted web price and the store price differ by $8 with the current promo. Online shows $16, in store I got $12. Was told to call customer service for the adjustment and now I'm basically out $8 in credit that I thought I was going to get.

#4679 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

You could've have $15 cash money if you traded it into FYE.;)

Posted Image

#4680 bstan21

bstan21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

Remember to double it, I got $24 instead of the $32 I figured I would get.