Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#4681 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

Went to do some trade-ins during lunch break.
Base:
:ps3: Skyrim - $16 (I hope there will be a GOTY edition or I will regret my decision)
:ps3: Deus Ex - $5 (Beaten it after blowout 1.0, great game)
:ps3: Rage - $5 (Not $6 as listed on the website, sad)
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2 - $8 (Finally got through the last boss, which was insane. What is up with games and fucking crappy endings these days...?)

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4682 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

Went to do some trade-ins during lunch break.
Base:
:ps3: Skyrim - $16 (I hope there will be a GOTY edition or I will regret my decision)
:ps3: Deus Ex - $5 (Beaten it after blowout 1.0, great game)
:ps3: Rage - $5 (Not $6 as listed on the website, sad)
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2 - $8 (Finally got through the last boss, which was insane. What is up with games and fucking crappy endings these days...?)

i see rage tiv for $5, where do you see it for $6? i never had problems with tiv on the website reflecting what they give you in store. i guess i am lucky

#4683 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

^It was $6 this morning, and I got excited because it jumped up $1, but now it's back to $5.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4684 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

Does the free Steel Diver with a purchase of any 3DS system include the 3DS XL? And is that deal also in stores..Thinking about getting a XL in the morning.

The website states any 3DS Console purchase gets Steel Diver for sale so I went into the store and they just did an override on my purchase. Rather have a game than that damn bulky case.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#4685 Statix

Statix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Is the current trade-in bonus 100% or 50%? This is what it says on the front page, right now:

- 100% Bonus Trade-In Credit W/any trade in:

Get a 50% bonus when you trade-in any game (Offer valid 8/19 - 8/25??)

#4686 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

Is the current trade-in bonus 100% or 50%? This is what it says on the front page, right now:

When confused by the OP, just go to the BB website and onto the page for game trade-ins and it'll say what the current promo(s) are.

http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page

Scroll down to the 'This Weeks' Offers' section.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4687 yobaburp

yobaburp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

I got two of my new PS3 games in from amazon, thank you best buy 100% trade in bonus. I bought Heavy Rain Directors Cut and 3D Dot Game Hero's for $36.94 still have around $38 + change left. I found 3D Dot Game Hero's cheaper on gamestop and some other site, so they issued me a $5 promotional certificate that will automaticcaly be applied to my accout on my next purchase at checkout.

#4688 te619

te619

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

My reward zone page is showing a SILVER summer bonus. This was from a trade in transaction:

Total Points Earned with this transaction
  • Trade-In 14
  • Silver Summer Bonus 14
  • RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 14

#4689 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

Gonna be trading Gravity Rush in tomorrow for that 24$. Cant complain when i get to platinum it, and buy Ratchet and Clank HD Collection for only 6$.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4690 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:06 AM

I got two of my new PS3 games in from amazon, thank you best buy 100% trade in bonus. I bought Heavy Rain Directors Cut and 3D Dot Game Hero's for $36.94 still have around $38 + change left. I found 3D Dot Game Hero's cheaper on gamestop and some other site, so they issued me a $5 promotional certificate that will automaticcaly be applied to my accout on my next purchase at checkout.

Heavy Rain Directors' Cut is only $20 at Kmart too if you couldn't find it online.;)

Posted Image

#4691 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:41 AM

Just got back from the longest. Trade-in. Process. Ever.
Traded in 128 games (DS/Wii/360). Got $662.55 after 100% bonus + GCU 10% bonus.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#4692 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:00 AM

Just got back from the longest. Trade-in. Process. Ever.
Traded in 128 games (DS/Wii/360). Got $662.55 after 100% bonus + GCU 10% bonus.

When Best Buy first started doing trade ins, I once spend over 2.5 hours doing a single trade. At that time, if you did more than 40-50 games at a time, the computer wouldn't let you finish the trade. The employee tried to run my 100+ game trade in twice before he called someone (a call which took 20 min) to find out that he needed to break up the trade into smaller lots. Thankfully he had a super good attitude and I didn't have anywhere else to be.

#4693 aXemeXa

aXemeXa

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

Ok, so I was banned long ago from bby for trade ins. I did a lot. I mean a lot a lot. Now I went in other day an my gf was trading in some of her old wii games. The store manager was staring us down and sent people over to check on her. Made my gf feel like crap. So she got her giftcard and left.

So today I go in and confront the manager about this. I'm told to my face I've stole thousands from the company, and I'm not allowed to trade in baned. I told her it was my gf doing trades not me. Again, then I'm told I was told by district LP I can't trade. So I told her I never was. Anyhow after this I leave.

She then goes on to tell my friend that works there that I'm a felon, and I'm under investigation and crap. I'm seriously annoyed right now. She was slandering me to who all knows who, and calling me a felon? Sure all the trades may be frowned apon, but it's not a felony. I only did what the system left me.

Anyone else who was a major flipper get this treatment, and or threaten you are under investigation? I want to call her HR and complain about slander, but I'm wondering if I should just drop it? Anyone?

hahahahhaahahahahahha wow

#4694 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

When Best Buy first started doing trade ins, I once spend over 2.5 hours doing a single trade. At that time, if you did more than 40-50 games at a time, the computer wouldn't let you finish the trade. The employee tried to run my 100+ game trade in twice before he called someone (a call which took 20 min) to find out that he needed to break up the trade into smaller lots. Thankfully he had a super good attitude and I didn't have anywhere else to be.

I heard about that, but it never happened to me when doing the spindles of 75+ PS2 sports games. Maybe they fixed it by mid 2011.

#4695 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:42 AM

Wait so does this end this Sunday? I'm confused by the question mark

Confirmed it goes through 9/1. Rumored to go till October. OP just hasn't updated the title

#4696 Maestro

Maestro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Traded in Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, L.A. Noire, Lost Odyssey, Deus Ex HR, Ice Age 2, and Raving Rabbids Alive and Kicking for $92. Paid $8 more and got two $50 Amazon GC.
:applause:

how did you turn a Best Buy gift card into an Amazon gift card?

#4697 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:03 AM

how did you turn a Best Buy gift card into an Amazon gift card?

By buying kindle cards that work as amazon credit.

#4698 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

They have prepaid visa cards, which you can put anywhere from $20-$200 on. It has an activation fee of $5.95 though. I've gotten these 3 times with $200 each already from credit. You need to register them online though so you can use them online.

I thought you couldn't get those with just trade in credit? I asked about getting them one time when I have $50 from trades and was told no.

#4699 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

I thought you couldn't get those with just trade in credit? I asked about getting them one time when I have $50 from trades and was told no.

It's YMMV. The system allows it but it's up to the employee.

#4700 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

It's YMMV. The system allows it but it's up to the employee.

Ahh thanks DC, nothing I really would need it for but would be nice to be able to.

I asked at CS and the guy said that employees weren't able to so maybe I'll try this week.

#4701 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

Ahh thanks DC, nothing I really would need it for but would be nice to be able to.

I asked at CS and the guy said that employees weren't able to so maybe I'll try this week.

IIRC, they have to hit F11 or something to allow the transaction to proceed.

#4702 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

it's simple just tell them to try it before telling you that you can't pay for it that way

#4703 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

I heard about that, but it never happened to me when doing the spindles of 75+ PS2 sports games. Maybe they fixed it by mid 2011.

I think the limit was somewhere above 80 games. It happened to me back then.

It took so long to manually look up all those ps2 sports games back then that I ended up printing the UPCs on the gamestop sleeves. It took a couple hours but I felt like it was better to spend that time at home vs milling around attracting attention at BB. I have a couple dozen left of those I will be trading in..just to get my money back instead of 300%. Money is money...just got a 3dsxl, ordered a nexus 7, and am thinking of getting some bose quiet comforts (those beats are just too stupid faddish looking).
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#4704 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

and am thinking of getting some bose quiet comforts (those beats are just too stupid faddish looking).

This is the funniest line on CAG.

#4705 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

Wait so does this end this Sunday? I'm confused by the question mark

It's extended until at least Sept 1st. We'll find out when we get the 9/2 ad if it's going any further.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#4706 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

2 different BestBuy employees that I've done trade-ins with said that the 100% bonus trade-in will last until October and flashed the monitor to me to show it. I guess it's gonna last for a long time.
Posted Image

#4707 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

^ Thanks for that info, I had been wondering when it would end.

#4708 sandman8288

sandman8288

DealMaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Traded in 74 games today and got $455, loving this deal.

#4709 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:53 PM

Traded in 74 games today and got $455, loving this deal.

:-s:-? So you got like $6.15 per game? Please tell me you paid $3 each for those games and there weren't any recent release titles in there. Otherwise that was a HORRIBLE deal. Hopefully you're at least Gamers' Club Unlocked and got an additional 10% on TOP of the base value of all of the trades.

Posted Image

#4710 tindall311

tindall311

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

Picked up the Uncharted combo pack from Best Buy a couple months ago for $20. traded Uncharted 1 a while back and just got $16.80 by trading in Uncharted 2 today.

It feels really good when Best Buy pays me to play video games.