Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#4741 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

I knew I should have traded in my copy of Uncharted 3 last week. BB just dropped the TIV to $5 and last week it was $9. I was going to trade it in for the 100% TIV. I was just going to go to Frys and price match BB for Uncharted 3 CE after I sold my SE. Oh well, still going to get the CE and I might as well keep my SE for anytime. Might just sell it on eBay.

EDIT: Actually I'm going to buy the CE and sell my SE on eBay with the online pass that will come with the CE. I already used my online code so it'll bump up the price. I could get a good $20 on eBay.

#4742 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

according to their game trade in app under "offers" the 100% bonus promo expires 12/28 :o

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#4743 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

I knew I should have traded in my copy of Uncharted 3 last week. BB just dropped the TIV to $5 and last week it was $9. I was going to trade it in for the 100% TIV. I was just going to go to Frys and price match BB for Uncharted 3 CE after I sold my SE. Oh well, still going to get the CE and I might as well keep my SE for anytime. Might just sell it on eBay.

EDIT: Actually I'm going to buy the CE and sell my SE on eBay with the online pass that will come with the CE. I already used my online code so it'll bump up the price. I could get a good $20 on eBay.

Considering MSRP for a new/sealed copy is $19.99 now, I would say that trading it at BB is likely your best prospect, since nobody will pay the full $20 for it when they could get a new copy for the same price.:)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4744 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Considering MSRP for a new/sealed copy is $19.99 now, I would say that trading it at BB is likely your best prospect, since nobody will pay the full $20 for it when they could get a new copy for the same price.:)

BB TIV is now $5. I already checked on eBay and people are getting theirs sold for $20 w/ a online pass. I'm sure I'll get the same.

#4745 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

BB TIV is now $5. I already checked on eBay and people are getting theirs sold for $20 w/ a online pass. I'm sure I'll get the same.

But there's no guarantee you will get the same. That's why even though I've lost money over selling on Amazon or eBay I've just viewed the smaller losses as a convenience charge for being able to get the money/credit right now.

Actually FYE and their stores would give you $12.50 cash money right now for UC3. If you use the 20% more cash coupon that's floating around the net and good till months' end, then you can bump that up to $15 a copy and not have to worry about shipping anything out or being scammed on eBay.

Then you could sell the online pass on eBay or on here for $5 and get that $20.

Posted Image

#4746 Jdub_smooth

Jdub_smooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Buy it now only instead of auction on ebay = exactly what you want for a game. After they probe you with fees.

#4747 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

Buy it now only instead of auction on ebay = exactly what you want for a game. After they probe you with fees.

Feebay's fee extortion is far more than "probing" :ziplip:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4748 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

Buy it Now for video games=13% Auction for video games=9% If you have top rated seller status those percentages drop to 11% and 8% So if you do a Buy It Now for $20 with standard seller status and free shipping your fees would be about $2.50+$2.00 shipping+about $.50 PayPal fee so $15 back to you. That's assuming everyone is indeed still paying $20 for it which makes no sense to me.

#4749 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

Exactly. The game dropped to $20 brand fuckin' new after Gamescom. Who in their right mind would pay for someones' used/open copy and pay retail for it when they could go to the store and get the same deal?

Although I suppose there are saps on eBay and Amazon who would pay ABOVE the current MSRP for an item and God bless them for being stupid. Otherwise I would've never sold BLOPS Prestige Editions or PSP Go's for above the $150 and $200 MSRP's with ease before.:evil:

Posted Image

#4750 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

But there's no guarantee you will get the same. That's why even though I've lost money over selling on Amazon or eBay I've just viewed the smaller losses as a convenience charge for being able to get the money/credit right now.

Actually FYE and their stores would give you $12.50 cash money right now for UC3. If you use the 20% more cash coupon that's floating around the net and good till months' end, then you can bump that up to $15 a copy and not have to worry about shipping anything out or being scammed on eBay.

Then you could sell the online pass on eBay or on here for $5 and get that $20.

I'm good. I've had to do this before with other games and I'm sure I'll be able to sell it for $15 - $20 + shipping cost. Shipping it is nothing too. Rather have that money too and not a BB gift card so it works out.

The money that I get from selling it on eBay will go towards UC3: CE and I'll really only be paying $10 for the game.

Much easier and less chances going on eBay.

Also, I only sell my stuff to people with good ratings on eBay so I don't get scammed. I've have been on the verge of being scammed but I saw the signs and made sure to not sell.

#4751 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

:lol:Alright man. If you say so. But note that I did say that FYE would give you $12.50 right now for UC3 and that's CASH guarandamnteed and if you use that 20% more coupon you're getting up to at least $15 and again it's guaranteed.

Good luck either way.;)

Posted Image

#4752 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:28 AM

:lol:Alright man. If you say so. But note that I did say that FYE would give you $12.50 right now for UC3 and that's CASH guarandamnteed and if you use that 20% more coupon you're getting up to at least $15 and again it's guaranteed.

Good luck either way.;)

I'm also trying to sell my UC3 and would be happy to get $12.50 for it. I haven't heard of FYE before but how easy is it to trade in games with them and how do I get one of those 20% coupons? :)

#4753 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

Just Google the 20% coupon, as there should be some sort of scan or image of them available online. Have you ever heard of Coconuts or Sam Goody or Strawberry media stores? Same chain.

They're in a lot of malls and usually many of them will take game trades even if they no longer sell them themselves.

They're very heavily saturated in the eastern portion of the US according to the store locator map on their site.

Here's a store locator for them: http://www.fye.com/S...86VVviewcat.htm

Posted Image

#4754 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:41 AM

Good luck either way.;)

Yep, If I'm close to FYE when I go to Frys later on in the week, I'll see if I can. Either way I know I'll get over $15.

#4755 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

Might as well update the OP/title with the new expiration date(s), as the game trade in app indicates this bonus expires 12/28 as noted previously, and I specifically asked the trade in clerk today when the deal expires and according to his check of the system, it indicated "Oct. 6th". So we have at least until then and hopefully/possibly until after Christmas.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#4756 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

hey guys, quick question:

i have a lot of store credit at a local used games/electronics store, but their selection of games is usually pretty underwhelming. right now i'm trying to save up enough credit to get a vita, however they have very rarely had one in stock, and based on the condition i've seen for some of their other handhelds i wouldn't be shocked if it was scratched and nicked.
i've been thinking about maybe getting some games from there, and trading them at best buy; which games should i look for to give me the best trade in value?

#4757 GLiMpZe

GLiMpZe

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

i have a lot of store credit at a local used games/electronics store, but their selection of games is usually pretty underwhelming. right now i'm trying to save up enough credit to get a vita, however they have very rarely had one in stock, and based on the condition i've seen for some of their other handhelds i wouldn't be shocked if it was scratched and nicked.
i've been thinking about maybe getting some games from there, and trading them at best buy; which games should i look for to give me the best trade in value?

considering we don't know what their underwhelming selection of games is I would figure out what they have and then use the trade in estimator in the OP, thats gonna be your best bet.

#4758 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Skyrim is $16 base when I traded it in.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4759 Tarantulas14

Tarantulas14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

360 base values what i traded in today
The Witcher 2 -$13
X-men destiny-$5
Rage-$2
NHL 2k10-$4
Chronicles of Riddick-$3
Splinter cell conviction-$4

#4760 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Also, I only sell my stuff to people with good ratings on eBay so I don't get scammed. I've have been on the verge of being scammed but I saw the signs and made sure to not sell.

Every buyer on eBay has good ratings considering the fact that you can't leave buyers any feedback other than positive.

#4761 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

considering we don't know what their underwhelming selection of games is I would figure out what they have and then use the trade in estimator in the OP, thats gonna be your best bet.

it varies, that's why i was asking which games would be good to look for in terms of average value to purchase and how much i'd get at bby.

Skyrim is $16 base when I traded it in.

hmmm. i'll look for that. even it's about $30+, i can almost even out.

#4762 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

looks to me like the games with good trade-in value are ncaa football 13 ($20), cod:mw3 ($15) and black ops ($12). ncaa b-ball 10 is still fetching $8/$7 (ps3/360). not bad for an old sports game.

i wonder why there's such a big disparity with battlefield 3; $12 for 360, $4 for ps3. that's crazy. sucks too, since i have the ps3 version.

#4763 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

looks to me like the games with good trade-in value are ncaa football 13 ($20), cod:mw3 ($15) and black ops ($12). ncaa b-ball 10 is still fetching $8/$7 (ps3/360). not bad for an old sports game.

i wonder why there's such a big disparity with battlefield 3; $12 for 360, $4 for ps3. that's crazy. sucks too, since i have the ps3 version.

New @Gamer mag for September will have a PS3 only coupon bringing the price down to $10.

Tyler, I was just messing with you to see how long it would take you to see my sig.  Dont get your panties in a wad.

Wrencrest.png

#4764 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

probably because there is a coupon for bf3 (PS3 only) coming soon, so they're preparing for that or people have already started trading in their old PS3 copies and lowered the value.

#4765 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Just Google the 20% coupon, as there should be some sort of scan or image of them available online. Have you ever heard of Coconuts or Sam Goody or Strawberry media stores? Same chain.

They're in a lot of malls and usually many of them will take game trades even if they no longer sell them themselves.

They're very heavily saturated in the eastern portion of the US according to the store locator map on their site.

Here's a store locator for them: http://www.fye.com/S...86VVviewcat.htm

Thank you, I'll try visiting one some time this week. I still can't find the dang coupon, though. What is it supposed to say, exactly?

What condition will they take by the way (does it have to have the case, manual, etc.)?

#4766 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

U can get 40 for NCAA 2013 +50 with the 100% +10% extra trad-in

#4767 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

I live in northern Virginia and was just turned away at two Best Buys because I didn't have a Best Buy receipt with my trade-ins. The first store told me that the second store would take my games, I guess they were full of it. Has anyone else run into this? I guess I don't get to get in on the 100 percent trade-in since it is only online.

Fuck you Best Buy

#4768 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

Thank you, I'll try visiting one some time this week. I still can't find the dang coupon, though. What is it supposed to say, exactly?

What condition will they take by the way (does it have to have the case, manual, etc.)?

FYE stores typically require everything and for the games to be in mint condition.

I live in northern Virginia and was just turned away at two Best Buys because I didn't have a Best Buy receipt with my trade-ins. The first store told me that the second store would take my games, I guess they were full of it. Has anyone else run into this? I guess I don't get to get in on the 100 percent trade-in since it is only online.

Fuck you Best Buy

Go here: http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page

Use the drop down menu thing that says to find a store and look under where they say they take trade-ins. If it says you need a receipt, then that's what you need. The trade program goes by local pawn shop laws, it's not run like Gamestops' program. Some folks have been required to give a thumbprint or I think even have a pic of them snapped just to trade stuff in.

Posted Image

#4769 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

FYE stores typically require everything and for the games to be in mint condition.

Go here: http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page

Use the drop down menu thing that says to find a store and look under where they say they take trade-ins. If it says you need a receipt, then that's what you need. The trade program goes by local pawn shop laws, it's not run like Gamestops' program. Some folks have been required to give a thumbprint or I think even have a pic of them snapped just to trade stuff in.

My stores aren't in that drop down but they show up elsewhere on the trade-in site. Oh well.

Why run a trade-in program that way?

#4770 killercane

killercane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

My stores aren't in that drop down but they show up elsewhere on the trade-in site. Oh well.

Why run a trade-in program that way?

Cause they dont know what the heck they are doing in relation to pawn laws in different localities. Here a pawn shop comes under a particular set of blue laws, like cant be open on Sunday or after 6 pm. Obviously best buy violates both. The "pawn license" is a class 3 license or so it is termed locally; I do not know if best buy has one or not, since they do not follow the guidelines. However, they do electronically submit all tradeins and your personal information to the local police department, which is another local pawn requirement.

In other words, they dont know what they are doing as evidenced by following some laws and not others. Gamestop, Toys R Us and all the other local trade in places do not do any of those things, so it is hard to just blame it all on "local pawn laws." It is best buy's incompetence or laziness or whatever that leads to their particular policies the best I can figure.