Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#4801 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

You don't need to wait, just go, buy the game, and you will see what its ringed up as :D

I'm not wasting gas. The only Gamestop's that have it are a good 30 minutes away and I'll only be over there Friday.

#4802 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:30 AM

I'm not wasting gas. The only Gamestop's that have it are a good 30 minutes away and I'll only be over there Friday.

Yeah that does seem like a waste of gas but sometimes when you really want something you just gotta do it! Haha good luck finding one though but it seems highly unlikely they will still be there by Friday.

#4803 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

Here in Chicago they do not allow trade-ins if you did not buy them from Bestbuy and they do not have a used game section in store. The reason I was told was because they do not have a license to sell used games and they are working to get one. This was well over a year ago and they still don't sell used games which tells me bestbuy has no plans to get a license or they know business isn't going well enough to spend money on something that wont ROI.

dude, just go to a suburb like burbank or countryside.

#4804 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

When an order to convert CE's to USED comes down, the extras are all thrown in the trash or the employees take them home. If the GS stores in your area are on the ball, then that may happen the same day the order comes down. Meaning that if you wait till Friday, you might be SOL.:-#

Take this SKU in with you as soon as you can to your local GS stores: 270907

If any of them still have one in stock, then you should be able to grab it for the pre-owned price.

Luckily for me, it's showing two of my local stores still having them in stock. Since they're closed now, I may take a trek there tomorrow and use up the remaining $4 on my latest eRewards gc to grab it, hopefully before they gut it and chuck everything else.

Of course, this will be like the 3rd or 4th time I've owned the game.:lol:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4805 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

Try Gamestop. They just converted UC3 CE to used. So they're 18.99 now. Just picked one up myself yesterday.

damn i just el hoarded 8 of those babies from that bit of news. have about 5 gamestop within a 5 mile radius from my place..hopefully i can sell these for 35 on ebay or cl

#4806 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Just called 2 somewhat near Gamestops and they said they had it but it was still $100. Might just wait a week or so and see. Is there anywhere on their site that shows it as $18.

I'll call a few more but dont want to break the 10 mile mark.

dude thosee effers are totally lying to you...go say u wanna buy it for a 100 they will ring it up and itll be 19 lol man those guys seriously, they dont get paid enough that they cant afford the damn game and have to lie.

#4807 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

First rule is never to call on a deal like that.

#4808 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

When an order to convert CE's to USED comes down, the extras are all thrown in the trash or the employees take them home. If the GS stores in your area are on the ball, then that may happen the same day the order comes down. Meaning that if you wait till Friday, you might be SOL.:-#

Take this SKU in with you as soon as you can to your local GS stores: 270907

If any of them still have one in stock, then you should be able to grab it for the pre-owned price.

Luckily for me, it's showing two of my local stores still having them in stock. Since they're closed now, I may take a trek there tomorrow and use up the remaining $4 on my latest eRewards gc to grab it, hopefully before they gut it and chuck everything else.

Of course, this will be like the 3rd or 4th time I've owned the game.:lol:

Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping that my old manager is there and he can help me track it down.

:lol:This will be the 3rd time I owned the game. I brought the CE on launch like a foul. Returned it and got the standard edition for $30 at BestBuy on Black Friday. Now I'm going to get the CE again for $20. What a year for me owning this game.

#4809 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

just to add on the clerk today told me the @gamer coupon for battlefield will work on the premium edition since they have the same barcode

highly doubt it, but heres to hoping

#4810 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:08 AM

Actually one of the mods on the BB forums said something about considering opening up small mall stores that would just buy/sell games and likely hardware & accessories.

It'd be great if it happens, since then they might be able to give GS a run for their money.:D

I'm vacillating between this being an amazing thing or another nail in the best buy coffin. Right now I'm leaning toward good idea.

#4811 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

So if a game is not on the trade-in page, will you still be able to trade it in at stores?

I have Fall of Cybertron sitting here that I want to trade, but it's not on the website yet to check the value.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#4812 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

damn i just el hoarded 8 of those babies from that bit of news. have about 5 gamestop within a 5 mile radius from my place..hopefully i can sell these for 35 on ebay or cl

Aren't you so lucky :applause:

#4813 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

So if a game is not on the trade-in page, will you still be able to trade it in at stores?

I have Fall of Cybertron sitting here that I want to trade, but it's not on the website yet to check the value.

You should still be able to trade it in. Problem being is they'll most likely have to ring it as a generic game, and give you 50 cents for it.

Better to wait for it to be added to the system. Just a hunch :D

#4814 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

You should still be able to trade it in. Problem being is they'll most likely have to ring it as a generic game, and give you 50 cents for it.

Better to wait for it to be added to the system. Just a hunch :D

Well I will offer him $1 so he can get the 100% promo ;)

#4815 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

Fucking best buy is starting to piss me off, manager walked by during my trade in and said they can't accept game's that say "Not for Resale". Anyone else ever have this problem?

When this happened in the past, I just asked them to type in the game name and search. Recently however, the employee just told me to keep the artwork and case and accepted it disc only when ever he saw the "Not For Resale".

#4816 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

^^
I did that with a few during my last flip, left that potential problem out and just did disc only.

Convinced a buddy to trade in NCAA for Madden, which is pretty decent this year so far
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#4817 Ninjaharley

Ninjaharley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

So FYI Best buy's Deal of the Day Splinter Cell 3D for 3DS for $4.99 trades in at $6 100% to $12, do what you will with it, I know I did it this morning but only on one copy

#4818 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

Fucking best buy is starting to piss me off, manager walked by during my trade in and said they can't accept game's that say "Not for Resale". Anyone else ever have this problem?

... so take it out of the case dumbass...

#4819 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:47 AM

Aren't you so lucky :applause:

jealous much? just sold 3 of them at 38-40 each...i have 5 more...if i cant sell by the end of the week will return them since preowned woot.

#4820 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

... so take it out of the case dumbass...

LOLOLOL i was thinkin EXACTLY the same thing...the definition of noob, i love cag, im an avid slickdealer and i used to post a lot of deals for them and people are too sensitive on their and i get reported all the time. here people just say whatever they want and it flies, its so awesome. only thing i dont like about cag is tho u get thread hijacked, i remember i posted a great deal and it just went right in to someone elses.

#4821 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

my store just hired some new bitch ( and i do mean bitch) who specifically told me that her job was to make sure that all tradeins came with case and intact barcode. she wouldnt even take my games after i showed her that they had used copies without an original box :roll:. so yea, add my store to the long list of crappier bestbuy's now.

#4822 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

WHHHAAAATTTT?!

You mean they won't accept a "Not for Resale" game as a trade in?

THE NERVE!
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#4823 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

jealous much? just sold 3 of them at 38-40 each...i have 5 more...if i cant sell by the end of the week will return them since preowned woot.

Bitch please.

#4824 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

Did an epic trade in today. Traded in 80 games of my collection for $700 in gift card credit.

Bring my total to $1800 in credit for getting rid of most of my game collection (traded about 200 unique games) that I had accumulated over the past 6-7 years. Mostly there were X360 games with some Wii, PS3 and DS games in there.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#4825 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

Did an epic trade in today. Traded in 80 games of my collection for $700 in gift card credit.

Bring my total to $1800 in credit for getting rid of most of my game collection (traded about 200 unique games) that I had accumulated over the past 6-7 years. Mostly there were X360 games with some Wii, PS3 and DS games in there.

so you averaged a little less than $9 a game? Sounds like a loss to me over the years. I can't imagine you paid for less than $9 for every game you purchased over the years.....

Nevertheless that is a really good haul.

BUT WHEN WILL MADDEN 13 GO UP FOR TRADE IN STORE? IM SO READY

#4826 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:26 AM

so you averaged a little less than $9 a game? Sounds like a loss to me over the years. I can't imagine you paid for less than $9 for every game you purchased over the years.....

:roll:
you know, not everyone views games as an investment or a flip.

He had games he wasn't gonna play anymore and traded them in. Whatever he paid for them originally is irrelevant.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4827 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

Well it is really only a loss if you plan to play the games. It is like any other collectible except these usually go down in value. Getting $700 today for games that will just collect dust is a win in my book. I am trying hard to get past collecting games and just playing them. :)

#4828 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

:roll:
you know, not everyone views games as an investment or a flip.

He had games he wasn't gonna play anymore and traded them in. Whatever he paid for them originally is irrelevant.

My post had a question at the end, everything above it was freepost, but I'm glad you responded.

Furthermore every purchase you ever make in life is a type of investment. Every game is included.

I chose to respond in a way that I relate to every time I trade a game in, or anything for that matter.

Anywho, glad you responded

Well it is really only a loss if you plan to play the games. It is like any other collectible except these usually go down in value. Getting $700 today for games that will just collect dust is a win in my book. I am trying hard to get past collecting games and just playing them. :)

Yes I know. I have that "issue" too. I had it with Pokemon cards, Jordan shoes, and Sonic comics. I just can't shake videogames for the life of me. Like Madden today, I bought 1, won 1, and will get another eventually for 10 due to p/m and rewards and stuff, knowing that eventually the game will drop significantly and I'll trade in it for less than what I paid for it -the sale price.

Oh well I can't help it.

Videogames are my anti-drug

#4829 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

My post had a question at the end, everything above it was freepost, but I'm glad you responded.

Furthermore every purchase you ever make in life is a type of investment. Every game is included.

I chose to respond in a way that I relate to every time I trade a game in, or anything for that matter.

Anywho, glad you responded

I have no idea what you're talking about. Is "freepost" an excuse to just type anything you want? Cause I'd like in on that scam.

The sushi I had for lunch is not an investment of any kind.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4830 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

The sushi I had for lunch is not an investment of any kind.

heart health investment.