Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#4831 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

I have no idea what you're talking about. Is "freepost" an excuse to just type anything you want? Cause I'd like in on that scam.

The sushi I had for lunch is not an investment of any kind.

You invested in food to fill your belly, or even your tastebuds. If you weren't satisfied by the value of the product you purchased, you would be upset thus making food an investment.

A freepost is a way to express thought in a way that if not meaningful by any stretch but still expresses thought.

#4832 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

Here is a freepost: Go listen to your Spin Doctors cassette and stop writing stuff.

#4833 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:44 AM

I don't think you understand what the word investment means but I guess there's no helping that now. Time to move on.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4834 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

Did an epic trade in today. Traded in 80 games of my collection for $700 in gift card credit.

Bring my total to $1800 in credit for getting rid of most of my game collection (traded about 200 unique games) that I had accumulated over the past 6-7 years. Mostly there were X360 games with some Wii, PS3 and DS games in there.

Just curious, how long did that take? Some of the vets cashiers have done my 10+ stacks in less than 5 mins

#4835 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:22 AM

I invest so much in food. Mostly time and effort.

#4836 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

I don't think you understand what the word investment means but I guess there's no helping that now. Time to move on.

in·vest·ment

noun 1. the investing of money or capital in order to gain profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.

2. a particular instance or mode of investing.

3. a thing invested in, as a business, a quantity of shares of stock, etc.

something that is invested; sum invested.

the act or fact of investing or state of being invested, as with a garment.

a devoting, using, or giving of time, talent, emotional energy, etc., as for a purpose or to achieve something: His investment in the project included more time than he cared to remember. (relevant to how I feel about talking about this for so long while completely overlooking what I asked about Madden 13)

Biology . any covering, coating, outer layer, or integument, as of an animal or vegetable.

the act of investing with a quality, attribute, etc.

investiture with an office, dignity, or right.

10. a
siege or blockade; the surrounding of a place with military forces or works, as in besieging.

11. Also called
investment compound. Metallurgy . a refractory material applied in a plastic state to a pattern to make a mold.

12. Archaic . a garment or vestment.

:roll: Agreed let's move on

#4837 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

Looks like he already posted the definition.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4838 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

Honestly. Back in the Genesis and PS1 days I likely got ripped completely the Fuck off because I didn't scout out other places to do trades into for those games when I was ready to go to the next gen. I also didn't ever think that any of them would possibly go up in value, so I just traded away everything to grab the next system.

But now, I refuse to even waste the gas to go to the store unless I'm making OVER what I paid in one way or another. If I'm trading them into BB or FYE, then I have to get at LEAST 200% more than I paid most times or I won't bother. If I'm trading them to the local shop, then I have to get a better deal than I'm giving or at least more in value versus what I paid.

Case in point: I traded my copy of :ps3:Homefront that gets $2($4.20 after promo & GCU) that I paid $1.24 for after @Gamer coupon & GCU discount for a working transparent blue PS2 controller for the $7 PS2 I found two weeks ago at a thrift. They wanted $8 for it at that shop btw.

So to me, I came out ahead.;) But that's why I have the small game collection I currently have, since none of them are worth Fuck all.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4839 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

Sooo I hate to break up the very interesting chatter back and forth about the meaning of investment, but yea im ready to trade in Madden 13 as well. Hoping it goes up tomorrow and can still take advantage of the 100% trade in deal. At the VERY least should be able to get $50, just a $15 loss. YAY! Wont make that mistake...again.

#4840 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

The sell used games of new releases for $45. What makes you think theyll offer you $5+ on top of what theyll sell it for?

#4841 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

Well even at $44 credit which NCAA 13 is fetching after GCU, thatll still serve my purpose. Just trying to purchase Walking Dead Season 2 Bluray LE.

#4842 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

Isn't NCAA the game where you could get 30 GC of doing PU? I have no interest in sports titles so I didn't follow that. If that's the case 44 trade in is not bad at all.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4843 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

If you are good with money you wouldn't use the term investment so loosely.

Don't even respond. Im freeposting 8-)

#4844 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Well at the bottom of the site it says "$40 Guarantee In-Store Only for NCAA 13". Madden has since been added to the site for $20 base, obviously making it the same deal as NCAA 13 after the 100% promo. The only spot I could be wrong is the extra 10% being added to the initial $20 rather than the overall $40, in which case itd be $42 instead of $44.

Regardless its still a solid trade-value for NCAA 13 and not too bad for those who maybe bought into the hype of Madden 13 and feel buyers remorse already (raises hand). Or it could just be I really really really would much rather have the Walking Dead Season 2 LE Bluray set for me and my fiancee rather than a sports title ill play for possibly two weeks until Borderlands 2 releases.

#4845 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

Well at the bottom of the site it says "$40 Guarantee In-Store Only for NCAA 13". Madden has since been added to the site for $20 base, obviously making it the same deal as NCAA 13 after the 100% promo. The only spot I could be wrong is the extra 10% being added to the initial $20 rather than the overall $40, in which case itd be $42 instead of $44.

Regardless its still a solid trade-value for NCAA 13 and not too bad for those who maybe bought into the hype of Madden 13 and feel buyers remorse already (raises hand). Or it could just be I really really really would much rather have the Walking Dead Season 2 LE Bluray set for me and my fiancee rather than a sports title ill play for possibly two weeks until Borderlands 2 releases.

10% is always based on the base trade-in value. With GCU NCAA would give you $42.

#4846 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

10% is always based on the base trade-in value. With GCU NCAA would give you $42.

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated. Ill be heading to BestBuy first thing tomorrow morning.

#4847 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

Looks like MidnightMetal has confirmed the 100% is extended another week to 9/8. Feeling pretty confident the 10/6 date is legit since at my last trade the guy said it was a promo that was going to last awhile. Now I just need to finish some games.

#4848 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

Yeah, Madden 13 at base 20 is a shame. NCAA's base was nearly 30 at one time, but I guess the 100% makes it hard for BB to budge on that

#4849 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

:roll:
you know, not everyone views games as an investment or a flip.

He had games he wasn't gonna play anymore and traded them in. Whatever he paid for them originally is irrelevant.

Yeah, I never bought a single game for flip or profit, just cause I love games. But it got to a point that I had to many and I told myself enough, so I had to clear most of them out and get rid of them. If I don't have time to play the games I really do want to play, I should discard anything else that has a mild or lower interest for me.

Well it is really only a loss if you plan to play the games. It is like any other collectible except these usually go down in value. Getting $700 today for games that will just collect dust is a win in my book. I am trying hard to get past collecting games and just playing them. :)

Yeah, as stated above, these were now in my mind just collecting dust, or will continue to collect dust. I had a very nice collection, especially on 360 games. At one point I had every single FPS, RPG, 3rd person shooter on the 360. I still have over 100 games left though, so its not like I am at a need now for games, just decided to concerntrate on those I really want to play, since my time is limited, and eliminate everything else.

Just curious, how long did that take? Some of the vets cashiers have done my 10+ stacks in less than 5 mins

It took like 30 minutes at the store. Took 3 employees though. My first trade-in two month ago was over 120 games, that took like 60+ minutes for one guy alone. All my games were in great condition too, case, manual and discs all in mint condition, so that made it easier for them I guess.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#4850 ScottBigGame

ScottBigGame

CAG 4-Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Traded in Monday:
All Xbox 360
Madden 12 $6
Fable 3 $4
Batman Arkham City $8
Child Of Eden $6

$48 total after the 100% bonus. Bought a $50 Amazon card.

Only game that the TIV was less then Gamestop was NBA2K12. Only trades for $7 ($14). Gamestop was $13 plus the 30% +10% bonus it was a better trade there.
Posted Image

#4851 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

Yeah, I never bought a single game for flip or profit, just cause I love games. But it got to a point that I had to many and I told myself enough, so I had to clear most of them out and get rid of them. If I don't have time to play the games I really do want to play, I should discard anything else that has a mild or lower interest for me.

I've never bought a game solely to make a profit (though I have made a few bucks here and there by chance) and I'm very near the point where I have too many games as well. My shelves are full and there are quite a few just lying around. For one thing, I bought way too much junk from the $5 Hollywood Video sale a few years ago that got played briefly or not at all. Traded 15 games or so into Gamestop recently for around $180 in credit and I'm planning on getting rid of 15 more at Best Buy for a little over $150.

At this point, if I can get back close to what I paid for a game or a reasonable return ($8-$10 or more) on a game I've beaten that's collecting dust, I'm going to get rid of it.

Edited by Killbomb, 29 August 2012 - 11:38 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4852 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

Madden 13 for Vita has a trade value of $12 +100% =$24
Should I trade mine in? Just wondering what you guys think since I have no use for this game that came bundled with the Vita.
Posted Image

#4853 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

Madden 13 for Vita has a trade value of $12 +100% =$24
Should I trade mine in? Just wondering what you guys think since I have no use for this game that came bundled with the Vita.

I'd probably try other marketplaces first. However if you are in hurry up mode then compare values in the trade market locally and go from there. If you have no use for it then don't waste time and allow the value to drop before you budge

#4854 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

Has anybody traded Batman AA GOTY for :360:? On the tracker it's got the vanilla Batman AA for $5 base but not the GOTY for :360:, only the GOTY for :ps3:

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#4855 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:00 AM

heh this girl new to doing trades denied me from trading because i didn't have the case or instructions, oh well, the regular guy usually works every other day so i'll go back tomorrow.

#4856 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:13 AM

heh this girl new to doing trades denied me from trading because i didn't have the case or instructions, oh well, the regular guy usually works every other day so i'll go back tomorrow.

I took in 19 games earlier and the guy doing the trade-in only opened the case to see if there was a disc inside. I don't think he even made sure the case matched the game on several of them. He also took my games that had Hollywood Video "instruction covers" without a problem. Was out of the store in no more than 15 minutes with a $201.xx gift card after GCU which I purchased before doing the trade.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4857 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

Encountered a employee that make sure all games are complete and he carefully inspected every disc to make sure there are no scratches. Thankfully all my games are kept in absolute mint condition so there wasn't a problem.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4858 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:44 AM

I'd probably try other marketplaces first. However if you are in hurry up mode then compare values in the trade market locally and go from there. If you have no use for it then don't waste time and allow the value to drop before you budge

Especially since it's an EA Sports game w/o the need for an online code... if the Vita's user base continues to grow, may possibly fetch $25-30. I'd say $24 for a 'quick flip' is very solid though. For reference though, I paid $33.89 and got a $10 Amazon Promo code; $23.xx for my copy. the time may be now for you to ditch it...

#4859 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

Has anybody traded Batman AA GOTY for :360:? On the tracker it's got the vanilla Batman AA for $5 base but not the GOTY for :360:, only the GOTY for :ps3:

This has been said multiple times, but aside from I think Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition for 360 Best Buy doesn't differentiate between GOTY or vanilla versions when trading in. Basically, you will get ONLY the vanilla edition trade value.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4860 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

just an fyi.. not directly related to best buy

Amazon trade in for Halo Reach at $20

1080i is for douchebags