Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#4861 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

With Gamestop having their 50% trade in special starting tomorrow, many games will trump Best Buy's values, including Madden 13

#4862 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

With Gamestop having their 50% trade in special starting tomorrow, many games will trump Best Buy's values, including Madden 13

Except that just like BB nerfed a whole mess of values before this 100% promo kicked in, you can fully expect GS to tank a bunch of the better ones.

But how exactly will the Madden 13 value trump BB? Isn't the value currently $20 for :ps3:/:360:? Right now, the only thing I see for Madden at GS is a guaranteed $30 tiv there. As most people know by now, promos DO NOT stack. So at most you'd get $30 from the guaranteed promo plus 10% of whatever the regular base value is, assuming they go off of that for the PUR bump still.

Although their current 30% bump promo when pre-ordering a bunch of select new games says it INCLUDES hardware and iPods, iPads and so on. Weird. Especially since usually the only thing that applied to hardware was the PUR if there wasn't a specific console trade promo going.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4863 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

Unless I misread, which could easily happen, Madden base is 30. I don't know of any stacking or such but the 50% is by the promo wizard.

Maybe, maybe not? *shrugs*

#4864 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

Except that just like BB nerfed a whole mess of values before this 100% promo kicked in, you can fully expect GS to tank a bunch of the better ones.

But how exactly will the Madden 13 value trump BB? Isn't the value currently $20 for :ps3:/:360:? Right now, the only thing I see for Madden at GS is a guaranteed $30 tiv there. As most people know by now, promos DO NOT stack. So at most you'd get $30 from the guaranteed promo plus 10% of whatever the regular base value is, assuming they go off of that for the PUR bump still.

Although their current 30% bump promo when pre-ordering a bunch of select new games says it INCLUDES hardware and iPods, iPads and so on. Weird. Especially since usually the only thing that applied to hardware was the PUR if there wasn't a specific console trade promo going.

Gamestop is doing a 50% promo starting tomorrow when you buy used and the base on Madden is $25, making it 37.50 for non PUR members, $40 for PUR members, Best Buy is $40 with promo, $42 for unlocked members.

#4865 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:21 AM

Now that I have two copies of Uncharted 3 (Standard and Collector's) I might trade my standard in but the fanboy in me wants to keep both. Choices...

#4866 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Gamestop is doing a 50% promo starting tomorrow when you buy used and the base on Madden is $25, making it 37.50 for non PUR members, $40 for PUR members, Best Buy is $40 with promo, $42 for unlocked members.

But is that base guaranteed? And if so, that usually is considered a "promo" and doesn't stack.

And if it isn't a guaranteed promo TIV, then as IATCG is saying, they might nerf it just in time for the 50%.

(obviously that's the smart thing to do and I'm not mad at them for it. I'm not one of those unreasonable people who expect to get $55 for a $60 game.)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4867 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

Quick question...if I trade in Red Dead Redemption GOTY for Xbox...what would I get?
Just $6 + bonus or do I get $6+6+ bonus cause I'm technically trading RDR and Undead Nightmare.

Debating on trading into Best Buy or GS.

#4868 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

I'm pretty sure it's counted as one game.

#4869 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

Quick question...if I trade in Red Dead Redemption GOTY for Xbox...what would I get?
Just $6 + bonus or do I get $6+6+ bonus cause I'm technically trading RDR and Undead Nightmare.

Debating on trading into Best Buy or GS.

it will count as two games. since there isn't a listing for the GOTY edition. just to be safe in you can bring them both in with separate cases with no artwork.

edit: that's if it comes two disc, like i think it does.

#4870 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

Xbox version has 2-disc.

Guess I'll find out on Saturday then.

Thanks

#4871 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

Bought a $50 Amazon card.

We can buy an amazon gift card with our best buy gift card??? If so I'll do that.

Crunchewy.png

#4872 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

Xbox version has 2-disc.

Guess I'll find out on Saturday then.

Thanks

is it two discs in the sense that Pure / Lego Batman is two discs? Or is it two discs in the sense that Dragon Age UE is two discs. Cause if it's the latter, you will not get it.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4873 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

I've been trying to wake up one of the mods on the BB forums to get them to realize that GOTY editions don't have seperate trade-in values in the system versus the vanilla versions for a while now. I think the response I received was basically an 'oh well'.:roll:

The only example of a GOTY edition having a seperate listing that I can see is :360:Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition. Although weren't all of the copies of that essentially vanilla copies of RE5 with a different cover art and a downloadable content card in the package? Or were there different versions like Borderlands GOTY where they had one with a DLC card, one with a DLC card AND the content on the disc and finally one with just the content on the disc?

Posted Image

#4874 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

We can buy an amazon gift card with our best buy gift card??? If so I'll do that.

They're in the Kindle section. They're Kindle gift cards, but can be used for anything that Amazon sells.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#4875 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

But is that base guaranteed? And if so, that usually is considered a "promo" and doesn't stack.

And if it isn't a guaranteed promo TIV, then as IATCG is saying, they might nerf it just in time for the 50%.

(obviously that's the smart thing to do and I'm not mad at them for it. I'm not one of those unreasonable people who expect to get $55 for a $60 game.)

Just called the base on Madden stayed the same, its $25, so its Darksiders 2.

#4876 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

I've been trying to wake up one of the mods on the BB forums to get them to realize that GOTY editions don't have seperate trade-in values in the system versus the vanilla versions for a while now. I think the response I received was basically an 'oh well'.:roll:

Probably because I don't think BB is in charge of what shows up on the trade ins. They could probably tell the people in charge, but probably won't make a difference sadly.

#4877 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

So I've asked this before and I don't think it was answered. If a buy a BBY prepaid Visa, say like a $100 one, do I get RZ points in the equivalent of $100?

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#4878 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

So I've asked this before and I don't think it was answered. If a buy a BBY prepaid Visa, say like a $100 one, do I get RZ points in the equivalent of $100?

And it's been answered before as well too.:razz: You don't get RZ points when using gaming credit to purchase stuff usually. For some reason though they may give you some RZ points for some transactions, but don't expect to get full RZ points for everything.

Although you MAY get RZ point if you use the Visa at BB.

Posted Image

#4879 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

They're in the Kindle section. They're Kindle gift cards, but can be used for anything that Amazon sells.

Do they charge tax on giftcards?

#4880 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

Well I wasn't talking about gaming stuff necessarily, just buying a prepaid visa with cash and using it for like grocery shopping, would I get the RZ points for the 100 I spent for the card at Best Buy, but the way you phrased it I'm guessing no.

If that was the case, that would be crazy awesome, but I can see how they wouldn't want to do that

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#4881 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Boo they nerfed ME3 from 10 to 8 :( I just needed to move credit. Oh well

#4882 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

Well I wasn't talking about gaming stuff necessarily, just buying a prepaid visa with cash and using it for like grocery shopping, would I get the RZ points for the 100 I spent for the card at Best Buy, but the way you phrased it I'm guessing no.

If that was the case, that would be crazy awesome, but I can see how they wouldn't want to do that

If you're buying it with cash, then I don't see why you wouldn't get the RZ points. Although I know some stores with loyalty programs disqualify gift card purchases from their programs and I believe that BB does consider the pp Visas as gc's.

Although looking at the non qualifying section of the BB RZ rules page I don't see anything about the pp Visas. So maybe they DO qualify.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/rules

Posted Image

#4883 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

I don't see why you would want to do that. The activation fee on the Prepaid visa is $6 (or $5? I forgot). That offsets the RZ points you would receive unless you are (1) Going for silver and/or (2) Buying a visa card worth >$300

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4884 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

I haven't gotten any points for my PP Visa purchases, but I believe that is because I used my trade in credit to buy them :D

#4885 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

I don't see why you would want to do that. The activation fee on the Prepaid visa is $6 (or $5? I forgot). That offsets the RZ points you would receive unless you are (1) Going for silver and/or (2) Buying a visa card worth >$300

The only problem is that they cap the pre-paid Visas at $200 apiece. So it comes out to $206 for each one to max them out including the $5.95 fee. But if you're paying using the trade credit then it's nice since it's converted over to cash that you can spend anywhere.;)

Posted Image

#4886 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

From the BB $20 pre-order promo thread....

not only that b/c BB sells pre-paid visa cards you can basically earn RZ points for ALL PURCHASES MADE ANYWHERE(THERE IS A $6 FEE PER $200). But since this will basically ensure RZ silver status along with the 60 pm window & $250 spent nets $5 in RZ points you don't really lose anything. Give them as presents, when people borrow money...

Maybe this one is better....

If you ARE NOT earning RZ points on the purchase & the usage of the cards there's a HUGE PROBLEM. Maybe a state(s) may have the order in which you get them skewed but since you're converting cash in the store per policy you're owed points.

I'll get confirmation for those who have been getting screwed & link it, it may take a few days since it's basically weeks end + holiday weekend.

#4887 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Yeah I was doing it to get Silver, so that's awesome. Past silver though, doesn't that double the RZ points per dollar, so then it would really start to pay off if you were putting a lot of money on GCs even with the 6 dollar fee?

Posted Image

#4888 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

Awesome. Thanks! I want to buy the expected new Kindle Touch once it's announced. I was going to wait for BB to get it, but this is better. I can order on release day and won't pay tax.

Crunchewy.png

#4889 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Also from that other thread.......

Hell yeah 206 base RZ points(257 w/silver), the 25% silver bonus also applies too.
Gamer Protip - You can then goto 7-eleven or another retailer that sells $500 visa GC's($4ish fee) or Walmart moneycard no load limit($3 fee) & use the BB visa to pay on them. Now you've earned RZ points on the BB cards & will earn RZ points + RZ silver + GC 2X points too on your BB purchases. Even when factoring in fees on both sides 206 pts(257 for silver) on the front end 400 pts(450 for silver) on the back end.
I have the walmart moneycard vs the separate visa cards since it's easier to keep track of for pm'ing purposes.

#4890 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Also from that other thread.......

Thats very YMMV. Around here, I've encountered many places wont let you charge a high value prepaid card to your own credit card, ie cash only. Potential card fraud and chargebacks.

Nothing to see here, move along!