Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#4981 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thanks @FIF.

I am looking online and can't find a source that verifies that Best Buy would even take in this model of PS3, or if they take in consoles period.

If it's not too big of a hit I'd rather just get it all done at Best Buy and take the loss on the PS3 if they even accept it. Or, hell, just keeping the damn thing as a Blu-ray player is a viable option.

Here's the link for console trade ins.

#4982 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Thanks @FIF.

I am looking online and can't find a source that verifies that Best Buy would even take in this model of PS3, or if they take in consoles period.

If it's not too big of a hit I'd rather just get it all done at Best Buy and take the loss on the PS3 if they even accept it. Or, hell, just keeping the damn thing as a Blu-ray player is a viable option.

http://www.bestbuytr...system-consoles

Best Buy does take consoles, but you'd have to ship it in. I would assume they'd pay shipping, like they do with games, but you would still most likely be better off at GS for it.

Edit: Ninja'd :-#
Posted Image

#4983 dg7md

dg7md

Overall, one helluva pup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Thanks you guys for the console information, I'll just keep/send to GS instead.

#4984 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

http://www.bestbuytr...NTERTAINMENT AM

Considering that's their listing for a 60gb, probably a good idea! lol
Posted Image

#4985 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

http://www.bestbuytr...NTERTAINMENT AM

Considering that's their listing for a 60gb, probably a good idea! lol

LOL. Yeah, take it in to gamestop. Especially with the extra 30% trade in they have for console trade ins

#4986 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

http://www.bestbuytr...system-consoles

Best Buy does take consoles, but you'd have to ship it in. I would assume they'd pay shipping, like they do with games, but you would still most likely be better off at GS for it.

Edit: Ninja'd :-#

anyone know if best buy takes iphones in-store? Site is ambiguous. Gaming rep said yes but he didn't seem to know for sure and there were about 20 people around the mobile desk so I didn't have time to ask one of those guys.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#4987 scum1

scum1

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

So never did a BB trade in but I got this stack
$8.00 Batman: Arkham City $8.00 Posted Image
$5.00 F.E.A.R. 3 $5.00 Posted Image
$4.00 Warhammer 40K: Space Marine $4.00 Posted Image
$5.00 Batman: Arkham Asylum $5.00 Posted Image
$2.00 Quantum of Solace $2.00 Posted Image
$5.00 Heavenly Sword $5.00 Posted Image
$4.00 Resistance 3 $4.00 Posted Image
$4.00 Infamous 2 $4.00 Posted Image
$1.00 Fallout: New Vegas $1.00 Posted Image
$6.00 Singularity $6.00 Posted Image
$5.00 Rage $5.00 Posted Image
$3.00 Bulletstorm $3.00 Posted Image
$2.00 Red Faction: Guerrilla $2.00 Posted Image
$4.00 Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. $4.00 Posted Image
$5.00 Blitz: The League II $5.00 Posted Image
$7.00 Monopoly Streets $7.00 Posted Image
$6.00 LittleBigPlanet $6.00 Posted Image
$2.00 Spectrobes: Origins $2.00 Posted Image
$3.00 New Play Control! Pikmin $3.00 Posted Image Total: $81.00

so 162.00 with the 100% bonus then add the gamer unlocked 10% for another 16.20?

Total should be 178.20! Not a bad haul. Anyone see an issue with me trading these in at my local store today?
I'm all over that like a donkey eatin a waffle

#4988 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

so 162.00 with the 100% bonus then add the gamer unlocked 10% for another 16.20?

Total should be 178.20! Not a bad haul. Anyone see an issue with me trading these in at my local store today?

GCU 10% is based on the base value.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#4989 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

The 10% is off the base price so it would be $8.10 instead of $16.20.

#4990 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Gamestop doesn't fall under the state and/or local pawn shop laws because they are a "specialty store" and BB is not because they sell alot more than just games. In my county, I must provide receipts that I bought from BB. Hasn't been a prob till yesterday. Thanks to the in store pick up deal, I have done about 5 in store pick ups during the summer promo. For the first time, I tried to trade in a game that I got from in store pick up and no dice! The cashier uses some number on the receipt and the paperwork from the in store pick up(both the email and the tape you get at the in store pick up register) lack that number so I couldn't trade it in even though I proved I got it from their own in store stock:roll: They were sincerely sorry but there was no way to fudge it

You should be able to look up your orders on bestbuy.com and print them off. Problem solved.

I'm back in the system. I used my US passport and no trade in ban notice came up for me. Finally. I really needed BB to help me clear of my GS credit. Wasnt that many options for me up until now.

I had thought about doing this just yesterday. Think I'll be trying it myself in a couple of days. Thanks for trying it out and reporting back. Now that I'm really just trading in my backlog with the occasional rare flip (i.e. find a game for $1 at half price books or something that trades for $10) I should be able to stay safe this time around... hopefully.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#4991 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

I can't believe I got $10.50 for Street Fighter 4 3d Edition when it was on sale for $10 a week ago.

#4992 scum1

scum1

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Ok still not a bad haul for stuff just gathering dust. 170.10 combine that with the gamer mag coupons and I should have enough to keep me busy quite a while
I'm all over that like a donkey eatin a waffle

#4993 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

I asked if anybody tried it before awhile back but nobody bothered to try or at least post up about it. I theorized it was by driver's license when actually it is done by unique ID #. Passports have their own unique ID. I made sure I was within the rules last time (3 limit per system) but still got hit with the banhammer. It's going overboard with the dealer activity that gets you cooked. For all the banned folks, you're welcome bitches. Let's be smarter the 2nd time around.

I either responded to you here or in the flip club that it should work because people say they can use passports to return items instead of their driver's license. =;

#4994 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

ahahahaha! off I go tomorrow!

Other than the passport, did you still use your own rewards zone/gamers club #?

What other IDs are acceptable?

They should accept any state issued ID. I'm not sure what other kinds there are out there but I think your driver's license in effect becomes your one and only state ID for identity security purposes. I imagine the states don't want to offer people 5 different ID's for obvious reasons.

I didn't use my old GCU account. I used another family's account actually.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#4995 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

If you use cash to buy a $200 BB pre-paid visa you WILL earn 206 RZ points for the purchase but you WILL NOT earn more points when using the card.......................................

Thanks for all the great info.

If you want to turn the BB GC/RZ certs into a form of payment that WILL earn RZ points it will take 3 steps.
1-Turn the BB GC/RZ certs into a BB pre-paid visa
2-Goto walmart & use that to buy a walmart GC
3-Use the walmart GC to purchase a pre-paid visa @ walmart

Now YOU CAN use the walmart pre-paid visa @ BB & EARN RZ POINTS just like if you were using cash.

You cant buy walmart visa with gift card any longer (nor target either with straight regular target gc). It will give an error message. Go try it if you dont believe me!

Is there any way around this? Is there somewhere that I can buy prepaid visa or other prepaid credit card directly using the Best Buy prepaid Visa? At 7-11? Walmart? Somewhere else?

#4996 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

a little off topic sorry

i wanted to trade mass effect 3 best it to death done with it . but it traded for so low at both places

i posted it on craigs list for 30 bucks and a guy offered me a even trade for mlb the show 12 so i went for it

since i picked up tales of grace today i didn't want 2 rpgs ....was that good deal ?
I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#4997 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

a little off topic sorry

i wanted to trade mass effect 3 best it to death done with it . but it traded for so low at both places

i posted it on craigs list for 30 bucks and a guy offered me a even trade for mlb the show 12 so i went for it

since i picked up tales of grace today i didn't want 2 rpgs ....was that good deal ?

Will you play The Show? If not, does it trade in for more than ME3 at GS or BB?

#4998 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

a little off topic sorry

If you're happy with the games you ended up with, then yes.

#4999 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Will you play The Show? If not, does it trade in for more than ME3 at GS or BB?

not sure might keep it but it trades in for more then mass effect 3

got my back log down but still got

sleeping dogs..unopened

darksiders 2.....unopened

madden 13...only played a bit

tales of grace f ...not started

swfu2..not started

enslaved ...not started

mgs hd ...not started

mlb the show 12...not started

vita ...only got 2 games uncharted and Gravity Rush

3ds...got 1 game Kid Icarus Uprising

still got

bestbuy ...$300 in credit

gamestop..$120 in credit
I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#5000 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Show is best sports game in awhile though its really hard. Even if you don't like it tiv is more than me3.

#5001 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

So I'm going to trade in a bunch of wii games today. I traded in some of the games before only one per game though.

Can I be at risk to get banned if I trade in let say 15 games today and about 8 are repeats for me? It would only be the 2nd copy of those games I've traded in and that was over a week ago or more even. Also I'm going to a different BBY today since I'm not near the one I usually trade into.

From reading the thread I saw some people talking about bans, but this was earlier in the year. Although I see them peppered in thread currently too.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#5002 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

So I'm going to trade in a bunch of wii games today. I traded in some of the games before only one per game though.

Can I be at risk to get banned if I trade in let say 15 games today and about 8 are repeats for me? It would only be the 2nd copy of those games I've traded in and that was over a week ago or more even. Also I'm going to a different BBY today since I'm not near the one I usually trade into.

From reading the thread I saw some people talking about bans, but this was earlier in the year. Although I see them peppered in thread currently too.

the only advice i can give you is if you do not want to get a ban, then never trade in duplicates. once you trade in duplicates, you run the risk of getting ban.

#5003 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

the only advice i can give you is if you do not want to get a ban, then never trade in duplicates. once you trade in duplicates, you run the risk of getting ban.

Has anyone been banned for trading in two copies of a game though and different transactions?

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#5004 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Has anyone been banned for trading in two copies of a game though and different transactions?

I thought it was 3 trade-ins per game (SKU/UPC), per system, per calendar year.

I've done this with two games (:360: Battlefield 3 and :360: Mortal Kombat) so far and no ban yet. *knocks on wood*

#5005 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

I thought it was 3 trade-ins per game (SKU/UPC), per system, per calendar year.

I've done this with two games (:360: Battlefield 3 and :360: Mortal Kombat) so far and no ban yet. *knocks on wood*

But I wonder if part of the issue is everyone flipping the wii games from gamestop. That's what I'm doing. I want BBY credit not GS credit. With the $20 preorder deal they have I'm getting all my holiday games there instead of amazon or GS.

If my account has 30 games traded in the last two weeks and 25 of those are wii games and about 8 doubles, might that send a red flag? I wouldn't think so. I think those who are getting banned are trading in way more than me. Plus I'm out of GS credit now so I wont be flipping any time soon again after today. I already got the games so might as well try.

#5006 kanamit

kanamit

It's a Cookbook!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

BestBuy is really tricky to figure out when getting banned since they have a different company that handles it. I had 5 months of trading in games I had never traded in before and one day the computer wouldnt accept my trade. It had to be something about multiple games I traded in when BlockBusters were closing around me but I tried only trading in duplicate copies so I would be ok in future.

I never bought new games and traded them in right away or tried to push the limits with 3 copies back when it was thought to be ok. I never tried to convert Gamestop credit or pushed the limits of trading in. I simply traded in a few games here and there that had value and I was finished with. BestBuy can't tell you why you got banned because its not them banning you. My advice to you is never trade in duplicate copies if you plan on trading in to BestBuy in the future.

#5007 3kingdoms

3kingdoms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

So the finger printing machine was not working today. So Best Buy took a sample of my blood. Madden 11 for $10 trade = +
Posted Image

#5008 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

So the finger printing machine was not working today. So Best Buy took a sample of my blood. Madden 11 for $10 trade = +

Just blood? Lucky. My Best Buy demanded a sperm sample.

#5009 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

:rofl:@ people resorting to using their passports to get around a trade ban now...:roll:

Besides which, I don't even have a passport since I've never been outside of the continental US, save to visit our neighbor to the north(Canada). Of course, thanks to G.W. Bush now I NEED a fuckin' passport just to go to fuckin' Canada. Thanks GW, you pos.

Why not just wait the year from when you first found out you were banned and try again like some of us have? That reminds me that I gotta head there tomorrow to dump the two Dead Rising 2 games and my copy of NeverDead(like the game, but just can't get past the repetitive nature of it).

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5010 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

:rofl:@ people resorting to using their passports to get around a trade ban now...:roll:

Besides which, I don't even have a passport since I've never been outside of the continental US, save to visit our neighbor to the north(Canada). Of course, thanks to G.W. Bush now I NEED a fuckin' passport just to go to fuckin' Canada. Thanks GW, you pos.

Why not just wait the year from when you first found out you were banned and try again like some of us have? That reminds me that I gotta head there tomorrow to dump the two Dead Rising 2 games and my copy of NeverDead(like the game, but just can't get past the repetitive nature of it).

Maybe because I'd rather just be able to trade into BB now instead of waiting on some advice of something that is not even guaranteed to work again in the first place? :roll:

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3