Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#5011 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

:rofl:@ people resorting to using their passports to get around a trade ban now...:roll:

Besides which, I don't even have a passport

I love how you don't even have a passport because you're a provincial hayseed, and you have the gall to :rofl: and :roll: at someone else for anything. At no point in your life did anyone teach you what shame was?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#5012 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

Maybe because I'd rather just be able to trade into BB now instead of waiting on some advice of something that is not even guaranteed in the first place? :roll:

To each their own. But quite frankly $155 is a lot of cash to spend just to be able to trade into someplace again.:lol: Again though, to each their own. But since it's so much for a fuckin' passport I doubt I'll ever go to Canada again unless I pull an illegal immigrant move and sneak back and forth over the borders.;)

I love how you don't even have a passport because you're a provincial hayseed, and you have the gall to :rofl: and :roll: at someone else for anything. At no point in your life did anyone teach you what shame was?

:razz:Before 9/11 and the start of the Homeland (In)Security department, I didn't NEED a motherfuckin' passport to go to Canada, so I never thought about getting one. As for going anywhere else, I'm perfectly content not going round the rest of the freakin' world.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5013 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

Ha I was just a BB on Saturday and the guy in front of me was trading and he gave the dude his passport. I thought to myself "what's up with that?".

Now I know haha

#5014 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

As for going anywhere else, I'm perfectly content not going round the rest of the freakin' world.

Of course you are.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5015 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

the real question is what happens if you get ban again with your passport, what other options are left? LOL

#5016 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Birth certificate?

#5017 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

the real question is what happens if you get ban again with your passport, what other options are left? LOL

:lol: Hopefully those(like me) who got banned once before have learned their lesson and won't go whole hog on trading stuff in and doing iffy flips(like buying a game on sale to trade right back in8-[:-#:-\") or else they'll have to join the military or go back to school to possibly get around the ban the next time.

Posted Image

#5018 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

I love how IATGC assumes I got a passport just for this sole reason only. Not because I needed to apply for it when I want to travel around the world. :applause:

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#5019 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

:lol: Hopefully those(like me) who got banned once before have learned their lesson and won't go whole hog on trading stuff in and doing iffy flips(like buying a game on sale to trade right back in8-[:-#:-\") or else they'll have to join the military or go back to school to possibly get around the ban the next time.

Great idea. If I wind up banned in the future I'm using my college ID!

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#5020 jdb230

jdb230

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:18 AM

some states even allow you to change your driver's license number :)

i agree to a certain point, ppl should just learn their "lesson," but bestbuy made it too in the beginning to go whole hog with trade in credit. I plan to only trade in personal games from now on, with maybe the occassional flip, but will definitely not do more than 1 of the same game. Just need to build up $200-300 in credit to pick up the new releases I want over the next few months.

#5021 NLW1999

NLW1999

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

IATCG,

Hopefully you're not rebanned like I just found myself earlier today. Toss was the first I saw to report being unbanned, then rebanned within a week. I did a trade last monday, then attempted a 2nd one today and the banhammer was loosed again :headache: I only traded 7 games last week, shoulda did more

#5022 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

I love how IATGC assumes I got a passport just for this sole reason only. Not because I needed to apply for it when I want to travel around the world. :applause:

Eh. I guess maybe I'm just content staying in the US myself.:booty: But the $140 fee just for a motherfuckin' piece of paper that says "I'm Joe Shmoe from such and such country" does not compute as a good value to me.:roll:

Posted Image

#5023 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

Eh. I guess maybe I'm just content staying in the US myself.:booty: But the $140 fee just for a motherfuckin' piece of paper that says "I'm Joe Shmoe from such and such country" does not compute as a good value to me.:roll:

Yes, because passports are all about value.

You're like a caricature of a xenophobic American.

Ees7Y.jpg

#5024 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

IATCG,

Hopefully you're not rebanned like I just found myself earlier today. Toss was the first I saw to report being unbanned, then rebanned within a week. I did a trade last monday, then attempted a 2nd one today and the banhammer was loosed again :headache: I only traded 7 games last week, shoulda did more

I certainly hope I'm not. I've only been doing 1-2 games a clip and have only done 1-2 that I did last year.:cry: That would suck getting the ban notice for simply trading in games you had traded in in a prior year. But for some reason I kept buying Uncharted 3. I think I did two last year and one this year. Actually I just found papers from this year and I was good up till March or April sometime. I did a copy of Uncharted 3 in February as part of a huge trade-in(over $500 after bonus & GCU) where I dumped the majority of my backlog.

Since my local store is one of the ones that adheres to the 'one per game per platform' rule now I've tried to be cautious and not go over that limit on anything.

Posted Image

#5025 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

Got rid of Skyrim, MW3, Fable 3 on 360 and Midnight Run LA on ps3 for $84.

#5026 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

Passports? That's a new. I thought since they take your fingerprint it doesn't matter if you are using another form of ID?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5027 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

:bomb:Too bad I already traded my vanilla copy of Skyrim in order to get credit to buy the CE(of which most of the CE stuff is still sitting in the boxes/bags:lol:) or I'd gladly dump it for another $33 something.

Posted Image

#5028 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

College ID wouldn't work as it needs to be a state issued ID (think ID's that you need to get an alcoholic drink). That means passports, drivers license (or state ID - basically a drivers license that isn't a drivers license) and a military ID.

Now, I've moved since I got my last License, so I could always consider getting a license in my new state when my birthday comes around as another option. I think I'll just use my passport though (which I already have).

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#5029 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:57 AM

Does it matter if I bring the case / manual with the game? I'm going to trade in Uncharted 3 but I want to keep the case and manual to add to my Collector's Edition of the game.

#5030 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:57 AM

Passports? That's a new. I thought since they take your fingerprint it doesn't matter if you are using another form of ID?

The fingerprint is just for crime fighting purposes and local laws. They're not gonna bother with a fingerprint match for bans.

The banned database searches on ID number so that's why people who are banned can trade in again. (Until they get their passport banned as well.)

Ees7Y.jpg

#5031 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

I haven't traded a game into BBY in over a year, and was thinking about getting back into it when I saw that 100% bonus. But then I opened this thread and saw talks of passports and joining the military.

I think I'll just stick to Gamestop.

The devil you know...

#5032 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Does it matter if I bring the case / manual with the game? I'm going to trade in Uncharted 3 but I want to keep the case and manual to add to my Collector's Edition of the game.

I really wish companies would only take games that are complete. Games without cases need to be left to pawnshops/fleamarkets/etc #rant

#5033 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

Read the motherfucking OP.

#5034 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

Yes, because passports are all about value.

You're like a caricature of a xenophobic American.

That's how I weigh whether or not I "need" something is by the value I will get out of it. HDtv for my games bought with gaming credit=good value.

Piece of paper that says I'm from such and such country that I even need now if I wanna go up to Canada thanks to motherfuckin' George W. Bush=shitty value.

This needs to be the response to EVERY post that is covered by either the OP of a thread or that was already answered for the millionth time just a lil bit earlier in the thread.:applause:

Posted Image

#5035 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

I really wish companies would only take games that are complete. Games without cases need to be left to pawnshops/fleamarkets/etc #rant

You can repeat this till you're blue in the face, but for the average game buyer(meaning NOT people from CAG) they just want something that works. They don't care if it's complete or not.

Posted Image

#5036 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

No. Got my answer though :lol:

#5037 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

the only advice i can give you is if you do not want to get a ban, then never trade in duplicates. once you trade in duplicates, you run the risk of getting ban.

Has anyone been banned for trading in two copies of a game though and different transactions?

To only add to the confusion, I've traded in duplicates of games, same system, in a single transaction on at least two occasions and so far I'm okay. If they ever ask, I just say I'm trading in a friend's copy. And these are trades that are >35 days ago since I've gotten the points. I most recently traded in on Sunday so no ban at this point in time. I've also strictly adhered to the 3 per title rule (including across portable) not 3 per title per system. This is what I believe is in the online FAQ and what has been quoted to me by BBY employees. As long as I stay within those boundaries, I figure I'll be safe. So YMMV but still use common sense and try not to draw unnecessary amounts of scrutiny toward yourself. Also splitting stuff up between two stores can't hurt.

#5038 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

About 2 months ago I traded in 3 copies of Transformers: DOTM for Xbox 360 all to the same Best Buy store in the same month.I traded two in one trip and one in another trip.I did trade other games with each trade.I have traded since and everything seems to be fine.
If anyone is wondering why I had 3 of them, I bought them last December for $4.99 a piece when Best Buy was having that big sale with guaranteed Christmas day delivery and I was going to give them out as presents but the crappy shipping Best Buy uses didn't get them to me until Jan.2

#5039 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

I really don't care if my passport gets banned. I just need to get rid of all these B2G1 wii games from gamestop before then LOL. Best Buy should be like Gamestop and "take on all comers". If they just fixed their TIVs during promos flipping would not be an issue. Then again this is the company that just sent me almost 20 $5 codes for items backordered. Quite a few of my b2g1 orders got me 2 of those codes.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#5040 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

That's how I weigh whether or not I "need" something is by the value I will get out of it. HDtv for my games bought with gaming credit=good value.

Piece of paper that says I'm from such and such country that I even need now if I wanna go up to Canada thanks to motherfuckin' George W. Bush=shitty value.

This needs to be the response to EVERY post that is covered by either the OP of a thread or that was already answered for the millionth time just a lil bit earlier in the thread.:applause:

I'm not sure what's more wtf to me...this post or you saying Borderlands sucks.