Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#5071 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

I'll be honest...I'm surprised I'm not banned from trading cause I just realized I traded in Mass Effect 3 for Xbox 5 times...I've only started trading to Best Buy since April.

I didn't really keep track of what I was trading >_>

You can go over 3 I've done it by accident & haven't had an issue. But I think the # of games that go over 3 will do it.

This is becoming more common. I think that Best Buy is phasing out the independent gaming counters (about a year after they went out of their way to incorporate them). I've seen two stores getting a new remodel, which seems to be taking a sort of Mac store vibe to it, and in both of them the gaming counter appears to be getting the axe. Least that's what it looked like/I remember.

There was a survey sent out a few months ago regarding the remodel it'll be a area for all ?'s & stuff. I see several stores are moving their door security people since all 4 stores I went to since sat. had the monitors removed altogether.

#5072 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

If you have any of the Naruto or Cars 2 games you should check the values
$14 Cars 2 PSP probably the highest PSP title
$12 for all other cars 2 versions
$10 Cars Race o Roma all versions(except PSP/PS2)

$24 Naruto UNSG
4 other Naruto titles net $12
2 other Naruto titles net $10
found several more gems but I'm too tired will post later

#5073 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

BB dropped the TIV on Witcher 2 overnight down to $5 base. It was $12 yesterday.

Hah, I win this round Best Buy!
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#5074 GenTrapstar

GenTrapstar

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

knew I should have got it and traded it in later.

#5075 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

Traded in Modern Warefare 1 2 and 3 for $50 total... Wow.

Going back later this week to return Mortal Kombat and Resistance 1 2 and 3 for $38.

Before anyone says anything, I really didn't enjoy the Resistance games enough to beat them again (never played multi) and was too annoyed by the Modern Warfare multi, though that was fun for a few years.

Thanks for this post, I just imagined a very angry Jason Statham trading in games he hated to a Best Buy employee who was less than willing to help.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5076 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

If you have any of the Naruto or Cars 2 games you should check the values
$14 Cars 2 PSP probably the highest PSP title

This is likely a website glitch. All psp games should be showing 0.25

#5077 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Fell victim of the Fifa Vita price mistake. I completely forgot and it only gets $8 base and not $16.

#5078 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

This is likely a website glitch. All psp games should be showing 0.25

You're thinking PS2 games.

76561198003985248.png

#5079 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

You're thinking PS2 games.

PS2 and PSP games are all the same for trade in at Best Buy

#5080 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

You can go over 3 I've done it by accident & haven't had an issue. But I think the # of games that go over 3 will do it.

There was a survey sent out a few months ago regarding the remodel it'll be a area for all ?'s & stuff. I see several stores are moving their door security people since all 4 stores I went to since sat. had the monitors removed altogether.

I think there's some sort of labor budget squeeze company wide. Security is out at all the stores I go to. One store I went to had no registers opened on 2 different days. It was roped off and all transactions were routed through customer service. The last time I was there I waited 20 minutes just to get someone to process my 3 game trade.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#5081 lilman

lilman

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Just finished my first BB trade-in:
Call of Duty 2 [360]: $3
Darkness II [360]: $6
Dead Rising 2 [360]: $5
Saints Row 2 [360]: $5
Saints Row 3 [360]: $12
----------------------
Total: $31
+ 100% trade-in promotion: $31
+ GCU 10%: $3.10
= $65.10

#5082 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

PS2 and PSP games are all the same for trade in at Best Buy

My mistake. I had forgotten that Rock Band Unplugged is screwed up in their system and that's why it trades in for $8 at the moment.

76561198003985248.png

#5083 bywaytm

bywaytm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

I think there's some sort of labor budget squeeze company wide. Security is out at all the stores I go to. One store I went to had no registers opened on 2 different days. It was roped off and all transactions were routed through customer service. The last time I was there I waited 20 minutes just to get someone to process my 3 game trade.

Best Buy Claims that they did not reduce any loss prevention positions - but it seems that nationwide they are being sent onto the floor instead of standing at the doorway as a change made in order to keep people happy and less annoyed when you enter and leave the store.

Best Buys says "As you know, we have rolled out a new U.S. operating model, which includes restructuring teams within the stores – but we did not reduce our overall number of loss prevention positions. I cannot speak to any changes made by local management at a particular store."

According to one best buy employee they are "still part of the store, but their role is now to walk around the store looking out for stolen merch, quizzing the staff on important store numbers, and occasionally helping out customers as well. Honestly, it's more of an afterthought, as the main focus of our store is selling the products and attaching all the plans and so forth. No more receipt checking, no putting little stickers on products being returned, and no one at the front to direct customers to certain departments."

A couple stories about it here:

http://consumerist.c...hoplifting.html

http://consumerist.c...n-policies.html
Posted Image

#5084 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Just traded in my $23 copy of lollipop and madden 13 and got $71.40. Not too bad. Now I just gotta get my copy of Witcher Friday.

#5085 superxgaga

superxgaga

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

So is it fraud/illegal if I buy lollipop chainsaw and prototype 2 with my coupons then trade them in right when I buy them?

nah, i bought 2 copies of saint row the 3rd platinum for 25 each took out the headsets and codes and traded it in at the desk no problem

#5086 247

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

So is it fraud/illegal if I buy lollipop chainsaw and prototype 2 with my coupons then trade them in right when I buy them?

No, just expect a ban.

#5087 superxgaga

superxgaga

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Oh how did you manage to get saints row 3 CE for $25

it had those yellow stickers for 25 @my local best buy in Waterford CT

#5088 brod99

brod99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

Will best buy match the trade in offer Gamestop has? Trade in your 3ds and receive $100 towards the purchase of a 3DS XL.

#5089 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

Will best buy match the trade in offer Gamestop has? Trade in your 3ds and receive $100 towards the purchase of a 3DS XL.

I am almost completely sure that Best Buy only accepts console trade-ins online. (If I am wrong, feel free to correct me.)

#5090 brod99

brod99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

I am trying to take advantage of the 100% trade in bonus. GS only has 50% bonus. I want to upgrade to a 3DS XL, but GS will give me $100 for my 3ds. Can I buy a Visa Gift Card from best buy with a best buy gift card?

#5091 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

I am trying to take advantage of the 100% trade in bonus. GS only has 50% bonus. I want to upgrade to a 3DS XL, but GS will give me $100 for my 3ds. Can I buy a Visa Gift Card from best buy with a best buy gift card?

Posted Image

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#5092 brod99

brod99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

Lol that is too damn funny.. sorry I just read it. Won't happen again. I dnt wanna piss off Mr Jackson

#5093 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

hahaha

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#5094 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

Did a trade in today using my passport. Worked, but the combined effect of a brainless employee and the oddity of using my passport meant a 3 game trade took forever. First we argued over it being ok to trade without a case (I won that after pointing to the pre-owned shelf full of games without cases - something he initially tried to explain was the result of being sent games in the wrong cases so they had to repackage them...). He then questioned whether or not a passport was a valid form of ID. Took a fair amount of prodding to just type in my passport ID number where the license number would go. They kept saying an invalid license number would cause it to fail. Sure enough went though. Then they said that they could type any number in there and it would work cause it doesn't check. Some blue shirts man... I tell ya. Luckily that wasn't my normal store, where I imagine the process would be much smoother.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#5095 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

Come on, I need to know if next week will still have 100% bonus so I know how long I'm going to keep Madden... The DVD/Blu ad is up, so hopefully we know the gaming side soon!

#5096 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

Come on, I need to know if next week will still have 100% bonus so I know how long I'm going to keep Madden... The DVD/Blu ad is up, so hopefully we know the gaming side soon!

Midnight Metal goes out of his way to PM me a lot of the times as soon as he knows. So soon as he knows, CAG/I will know and I will update the OP so that you know.

My gut says that 10/6 is really going to happen. Get people to build up credit and build up their used game selection right before the holiday shopping season.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#5097 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

Am I missing something here? If I'm reading this accurately, you would be buying Prototype 2 for $20 with the coupon and LC for $30 with coupon ... and then trading them in for $18 and $28 in store credit?

#5098 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

I traded in a couple games tonight and the guy had never done it before which proved a royal pain, but it did have one benefit. In the process he read out from the screen that the 100% promo ends on the 6th. He read that out because apparently a colleague had told him it was already over, so he was surprised. So I guess take that with a grain of salt, but if it were me I wouldn't chance it past the 6th.

Edit: unless he said 10/6??? Ok, now I'm unsure. :)

Oh, and can verify that you can buy Kindle gift cards with Best Buy gift cards, and that Kindle cards are good on anything at amazon. Woohoo! :)

#5099 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Did a trade in today using my passport. Worked, but the combined effect of a brainless employee and the oddity of using my passport meant a 3 game trade took forever. First we argued over it being ok to trade without a case (I won that after pointing to the pre-owned shelf full of games without cases - something he initially tried to explain was the result of being sent games in the wrong cases so they had to repackage them...). He then questioned whether or not a passport was a valid form of ID. Took a fair amount of prodding to just type in my passport ID number where the license number would go. They kept saying an invalid license number would cause it to fail. Sure enough went though. Then they said that they could type any number in there and it would work cause it doesn't check. Some blue shirts man... I tell ya. Luckily that wasn't my normal store, where I imagine the process would be much smoother.

Did your GCU account have your drivers license on record before the edits were made?

#5100 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

Yeah for some reason I thought they were both $40. I swear I saw somebody say that they bought lollipop and prototype for $10 after coupon lol

Those folks may have had stores which had the games on manual store markdowns/clearance though. That's one of the YMMV aspects of the coupon deals, in that if your local store has a lower price than the MSRP for some reason the coupon SHOULD work with that price.

I traded in a couple games tonight and the guy had never done it before which proved a royal pain, but it did have one benefit. In the process he read out from the screen that the 100% promo ends on the 6th. He read that out because apparently a colleague had told him it was already over, so he was surprised. So I guess take that with a grain of salt, but if it were me I wouldn't chance it past the 6th.

Edit: unless he said 10/6??? Ok, now I'm unsure. :)

Oh, and can verify that you can buy Kindle gift cards with Best Buy gift cards, and that Kindle cards are good on anything at amazon. Woohoo! :)

The usual gaming rep was working yesterday when I went to trade in what I did and he said it is supposed to go till 10/6.

I certainly hope he's right as that gives me a month rather than a day to try finishing these three titles. If not though, then I just won't worry about trading anything in, since there's nothing on the horizon that I really want anyway. The only title I'm kinda hyped for next is GTA V and that doesn't even have a solid/verifiable release date yet. Although if the report from a while ago of a Rockstar rep letting October sometime slip on his Facebook or Twitter account was right I'm gonna be scrounging around for the cash to buy it for sure.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image