Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#5671 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

anyone have any success flipping off the gs ps2 sale?

#5672 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Nitpicking, but it would actually be $14.70 (the bonus 10% is derived from the base value, not the post-100% bonus value). 8-)

and you have to think about tax...I mean it would be a solid rental (with a 2-3 dollar profit) if you could lock in the value but you can't. :(

#5673 plastik3000

plastik3000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Traded in Call of Duty: MW3 today. It still has a decent trade-in value after the bonuses.

#5674 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

I don't think they like that, and it might even be impossible without waiting at least a couple hours, but I don't know cuz I don't do stuff like that.

Thank you for at least playing the games before trading them back in.

Thank you for drinking your alcohol underground and in back alleys.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#5675 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

For example: I would've loved to have come close to 100%ing Sleeping Dogs and exploring the city a bunch more. But I also noticed that the value would barely have me breaking even on it, so I wanted to get rid of it before I lost anything on it.

I tried to 100% Sleeping Dogs. Got really close but my game is glitched to the point where I cant get the platinum. Rather than wait on them to fix the problem with a patch (and most likely they wont), I just went and traded it in yesterday while it was still $16 and ended up with $33.60. Not bad for having purchased it for about that via TRU's sale a few weeks ago. It would have sucked if I held onto it and it dropped
Posted Image

#5676 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Did anyone else have trouble getting the extra 10% to stack? I stopped by today and they wouldn't stack the extra. It was $1 so I said oh well.

#5677 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Did anyone else have trouble getting the extra 10% to stack? I stopped by today and they wouldn't stack the extra. It was $1 so I said oh well.

I've never even asked, it was always just automatic. I haven't been in a week though so maybe something's changed very recently?

#5678 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

I didn't get a 10% bonus last time I traded in a few games last week. I noticed when I was about to sign the piece of paper, and asked the guy. He called for a supervisor, and she offered to take that amount off of whatever I bought.

#5679 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

I've never even asked, it was always just automatic. I haven't been in a week though so maybe something's changed very recently?

I was thinking about it. I'll bet he clicked on my old address info that doesn't have unlocked on it. For some reason Best Buy keeps every address you ever lived at, and has to click on the right one.

#5680 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

Just did a trade-in and found out I'm still on the ban list. I was banned at January this year. So it's probably take a year to lift the ban?

#5681 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:05 AM

Has it been confirmed that the 100% runs longer then 10/06? Would be awesome.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#5682 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Just did a trade-in and found out I'm still on the ban list. I was banned at January this year. So it's probably take a year to lift the ban?

I believe February was the start of their new fiscal year, so you should have been unbanned at that point. I didn't try another trade until May or June after finding out about being banned last year. Since then I've only been doing my own personal copy of games and not trading in dupes since this district set the 1 per title per person per platform per year limit a while ago.

That's why I was perturbed when they did away with the customer copy of the trade receipts automatically printing at the end of the transactions.

Speaking of which, I had them print up duplicate receipts for me from my 9/11/2012 trade(Sleeping Dogs & Rayman Origins for PS3) today. Unfortunately they were only able to print up seperate pages listing trades for each game and not a complete listing with promo amounts and what not.

But to me as long as it has the transaction # and store name and number that's all that matters since it's linked to my RZ account.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5683 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

Thank you for at least playing the games before trading them back in.

I almost always tried playing through the games I was trading in. The huge lots of PS3 games I traded in at different times when their program first started were all clearance titles I had picked up for $2-5 each and intended on playing. But as I kept growing the backlog I kept neglecting to actually play the games as I was buying them, so the stack just kept growing and growing.

Eventually I just decided to eliminate most of the backlog and tried my damnedest to not build another stack of games like that. But I've gone through 2-3 collections like that that most gamers would envy owning and keeping forever. We're talking 40-50 games at a clip and that's not even considering the stack of 40+ that I traded into GS when the original PS3 slim first came out.:-#

But lately aside from the @Gamer coupon games it's harder and harder to build a collection again. So I just play a few select games and then trade them quickly, as I've made the mistake of waiting forever to get rid of games before(Saint's Row 3 only getting $25 last month, my whol PS2/Xbox collection last gen:bomb:).

Posted Image

#5684 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

I was told by the guy at my local Best Buy that the 100% trade in bonus would last until December.

#5685 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

I've made the mistake of waiting forever to get rid of games before(Saint's Row 3 only getting $25 last month, my whol PS2/Xbox collection last gen:bomb:).

Live and learn on the last gen stuff, but SR3 has been $25 at BBY for a while. I got that much when I traded it in on 6/3, so you didn't miss out on anything. Suppress that flipper mindset. You can do it.

#5686 foster1887

foster1887

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Traded in Ncaa Football 13 and Pes 2011. I told the girl to make sure my extra 10% was added on to it since they didn't do it last time. She completes the order and low and behold she forgot to add it. :roll: a manager had to come and issue me a $2.30 gift card.

#5687 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

I hope the 100% doesn't end...I might grab two Baller Beats from Target for $18 and flip them for $36 w/ the 100% at BB.

Would they need the whole thing? Can I just trade the game in?

#5688 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

Yes, just trading the disk is ok.

#5689 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

Yes, just trading the disk is ok.

Nice. I heard the basketball is an actual basketball, with no sensor or anything, so I can just use that as a regular ball. I don't even have a Kinect lol.

#5690 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

I hope the 100% doesn't end...I might grab two Baller Beats from Target for $18 and flip them for $36 w/ the 100% at BB.

Wait, what? Did I miss something? Is this a flipping opportunity I smell that I wasn't aware of?! :hot:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5691 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

Guess ill go around Thursday and see if any of the targets around here have them on clearance.

#5692 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

Wait, what? Did I miss something? Is this a flipping opportunity I smell that I wasn't aware of?! :hot:

People are finding the NBA Baller Beats for $17.98 at Target. Base TIV for BB (Baller Beats) at BB (Best Buy lol) is $18. Double your money!

#5693 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

Live and learn on the last gen stuff, but SR3 has been $25 at BBY for a while. I got that much when I traded it in on 6/3, so you didn't miss out on anything. Suppress that flipper mindset. You can do it.

Considering I paid $40 for SR3 after a $20 promo credit last fall and just now traded it in, I got to play it for almost a year for $15. That's a nice long rental. That's why even though I was annoyed at first I got over it, especially since the other trades I've done since have more than made up for the loss. ;)

Posted Image

#5694 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

People are finding the NBA Baller Beats for $17.98 at Target. Base TIV for BB (Baller Beats) at BB (Best Buy lol) is $18. Double your money!

Aw, and I was just at Target. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

#5695 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

it is one of those target ymmv clearance deals

#5696 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

I saw those NBA Baller sets today at BB. Could you imagine living upstairs from someone trying to play that at 2am if you have to actually dribble the ball or how many tv's are going to get smashed by people losing control of the ball.:-#

Posted Image

#5697 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

OOPS. Wrong thread :\

#5698 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

it is one of those target ymmv clearance deals

Oh, so it'd be in the clearance section? I looked there when I went and didn't see Baller Beats anywhere, so I guess that's OK. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png

#5699 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

Oh, so it'd be in the clearance section? I looked there when I went and didn't see Baller Beats anywhere, so I guess that's OK. :)

sorry i was not more clear, it is sort of like the price mistake of the resident evil: operation raccon city special edition xbox 360 deal, a while back. it is not necessary in the clearance section.

#5700 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

That happened to me on Sunday. They couldn't access my Gamers Club Unlocked account when they entered my phone number. The employee should me the screen and there was an error message.