Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#5731 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

The problem with the 10% GCU bonus is that it is now located at the bottom of the "cart" screen under the list of games. An uninformed rep will usually click on the big green button (forget what it says) after adding all the games and will not scroll down to see the GCU lookup. If he/she does scroll down and selects it, it will give the option to find your GCU info by phone #, email address or RZ member #. A box will pop up with your info. He/she clicks that and it will give you the 10% bonus AND populate the customer information (sans DL# info) If the rep doesn't scroll down to GCU section in the cart and hits the big green button, the next screen is "Customer Look Up", or something like that, which again has options to lookup info by either phone #, email address or RZ member id. THIS DOES NOT GIVE THE 10% GCU BONUS. I'm not sure if the rep has an option to go back to the cart after this point.

Long story short, have the rep scroll down after entering the last game and before clicking past the cart. Hope this help.

#5732 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Long story short, have the rep scroll down after entering the last game and before clicking past the cart. Hope this help.

Excellent information kilmb! Thanks, I'll keep a note of that on my next trade-in. Granted, until they update their system again. :p

#5733 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Excellent information kilmb! Thanks, I'll keep a note of that on my next trade-in. Granted, until they update their system again. :p

No problem. After hearing on here that they had a new system and bans were lifted I was in there every day for a weak and a half. Most times I could see the screen and a few times I taught untrained reps how to move through the process.

#5734 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

No problem. After hearing on here that they had a new system and bans were lifted I was in there every day for a weak and a half. Most times I could see the screen and a few times I taught untrained reps how to move through the process.

:lol::applause:The reps I usually bs with at BB are always like 'you really should get a job here cuz you know more than we do at times'.:-# That alone is scary(but hilarious at the same time) to me, that a regular customer could know more than someone who is paid to work for them.

It was even funnier when Circuit City was still around and I'd go in and pull some games marked $20 off the shelf and whip out a $10 bill to pay for them. Then watch them come up $3-4 each and the employees jaws just drop.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5735 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Yeah, I'm just lucky to have a game manager who will do anything to get my business, so he'll pricematch just about anything I bring in, especially trade-ins, lol. Best Buy is my gaming store this year for sure, especially this holiday!

#5736 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

flipped my sr3s from gamefly today. damn wish i would have got 25 each, but 21 aint too shabby.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5737 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Got the Banhammer from BB today. I was a very sad panda. Then I remember I'm married and all I gotta do is bring my wife next time I want to do a trade in.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#5738 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Got the Banhammer from BB today. I was a very sad panda. Then I remember I'm married and all I gotta do is bring my wife next time I want to do a trade in.

Have any inclination why?

#5739 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

Well, I went yesterday and it was still on. They don't change mid-week so I'd be shocked if they didn't go through Saturday like the OP/title mention plus it was in this week's ad. I don't think the title was updated to remove the question mark.

The question mark is there because there have been some claims it goes longer. 10/6 is the minimum confirmation.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#5740 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

Why isn't Tales of Abyss (3DS) listed on their site? Anyone trade one in lately?

all I care about is money, all I care about is hundreds, all I care about is fiftys, all I care about is twentys

all I care about my whereabouts, r.i.p. my niggas they in heaven now

that's all I care about now I keep them weapons round, he say he pullin up we gon wet him down

300*

#5741 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

Not too sure if that will help. I went to trade in a game yesterday and found out I was banned again. Note that I was banned before but then reinstated. After upgrading their systems I'm banned again? This time I adhered to all the rules so not sure what's up.

So back to my story. After finding out I was banned I took my wife to a different Best Buy closer to home and had my wife do the trade in. System said she was banned too! The weird thing is that she's only done one other trade in for a handful of games and this was months ago! Either the new system tracks addresses too cuz that's the only way we were linked. She didn't use her Reward Zone or anything.

#5742 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

Why isn't Tales of Abyss (3DS) listed on their site? Anyone trade one in lately?

I didn't see it listed on the site either but I scanned my copy on my iPhone app and it showed a $7 base. Oddly enough the title is "no sign" but it does show the cover art of the game.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#5743 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

50% confirmed starting on Sunday.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#5744 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

Awww...50% isn't bad, but sorta spoiled by 100%

#5745 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

Not too sure if that will help. I went to trade in a game yesterday and found out I was banned again. Note that I was banned before but then reinstated. After upgrading their systems I'm banned again? This time I adhered to all the rules so not sure what's up.

So back to my story. After finding out I was banned I took my wife to a different Best Buy closer to home and had my wife do the trade in. System said she was banned too! The weird thing is that she's only done one other trade in for a handful of games and this was months ago! Either the new system tracks addresses too cuz that's the only way we were linked. She didn't use her Reward Zone or anything.

This does not bode well...

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5746 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

Confirmed by what?

#5747 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Confirmed by what?

Confirmed by this lovely thing called an ad.
Posted Image

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#5748 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Depending on the base values of the new games, this isn't necessarily bad. At 50% bonus, NCAA had a base of 27, which is 43.20 after all bonuses compared to 42 now with 100% bonus. You'll also get an extra negligible amount of rz points. Interested to see what new releases are priced at.

#5749 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

What games are on sales next week? if any

#5750 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

Nothing really, at least what was posted. Just ads for Dishonored and the Pokemon crap.
Posted Image

#5751 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

Anything else you would like to tell us? :)

Also, it is so weird that multiple people (and I personally told by 3 different employees) that the 100% was till the end of the year. So much for that. And I have 1 GoHasting shipment that I lose out on I guess.

Time to decide what $3-6 games I should dump now that it is ending.

#5752 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

They have an ad shot over at bluray.com. Only sale that can be seen is a $20 GC with purchase of a 3DS XL. Also, 50% trade in credit indeed.

#5753 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

They have an ad shot over at bluray.com. Only sale that can be seen is a $20 GC with purchase of a 3DS XL. Also, 50% trade in credit indeed.

I see the $5 DVD upgrade is back...might need to hit that again.

#5754 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Oh, I guess I should trade in my NHL 11 and NBA2K11 this week then. It's weird that 11 gets more than 12, but I'm not complaining.

#5755 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

damn, gotta go to bestbuy then to trade in my games before saturday

#5756 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

Guessing TIV will go up so 50% won't be a huge difference. Weird that mobile app says till end of the year.

#5757 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

Guessing TIV will go up so 50% won't be a huge difference. Weird that mobile app says till end of the year.

The +$10 games most likely but those under $10 I am not so sure. They just did a pretty big drop this weekend across a lot of games. I hope I am wrong but I am not risking it for my lower TIV games I was hoping to get through but not too concerned about playing.

#5758 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

I already got rid of my backlog so only games left are ME2 (crap TIV of $2), Madden, and Borderlands 2. I was hoping to trade back in RE6 with 100%, but guessing I can still get around 40 for it.

#5759 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Time for me to dump MW3 and MW2 I suppose. I can't believe you can still get $30 for MW3...

#5760 GodSmackedMe

GodSmackedMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

After finding out I was banned I took my wife to a different Best Buy closer to home and had my wife do the trade in. System said she was banned too! The weird thing is that she's only done one other trade in for a handful of games and this was months ago! Either the new system tracks addresses too cuz that's the only way we were linked. She didn't use her Reward Zone or anything.

This does not bode well...

Uh oh, please say it ain't so. I guess that may mean my wife is going to have to move. Or, at the very least, the kid has to lol