Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#5761 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

WARNING GUYS

i went to trade in a few kingdom hearts dd 3D games and found i was banned again

i traded in a 5 games since i was unbanned a month ago no muti or anything

i think they undated the system and we all might be rebanned
I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#5762 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

So are they nailing the banned users again? Well guess that shot my idea out of the window, was going to trade ME3 for the 2nd time by getting my friend to do it, but I rather not risk it.

#5763 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

Squished Prinny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

WARNING GUYS

i went to trade in a few kingdom hearts dd 3D games and found i was banned again

i traded in a 5 games since i was unbanned a month ago no muti or anything

i think they undated the system and we all might be rebanned

I traded in two copies of Kingdom Hearts 3ds (two seperate transactions, one after the other) on Saturday. I'm allowed to trade in three copies of a game, right? I don't want to be banned.

#5764 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

I traded in two copies of Kingdom Hearts 3ds (two seperate transactions, one after the other) on Saturday. I'm allowed to trade in three copies of a game, right? I don't want to be banned.

Well that -used- to be the rule, 3 copies per console. BUT a few people have said that they changed it to 1 copy per console per year.

And with all the new upgrade fiasco, I also don't want to take any chances. I'm sure you'll be okay, I don't think its been confirmed but its just another rumor flying around. The mobile trade-in site still says 3 titles per console, then again the Copyright date on the bottom page still says 2011 so my guess is as good as yours.

#5765 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Well that -used- to be the rule, 3 copies per console. BUT a few people have said that they changed it to 1 copy per console per year.

that can't be true, I have traded in 2-3 copies of the same game/console, I've not been banned as of Monday

#5766 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Still think the banning does not follow some set of rules that are set in stone. I have done certain games 3+ times, traded 30+ games at one time, traded at multiple BBYs in one day...pretty much anything that people say got them banned. Been trading with them basically since the day they started also. The only thing I have not done is the 100+ ps2 trades some here done. My point is people are worried about the ban and I think there is no way to predict if it will happen. How many of you that are banned are also Silver members? I would be interested to know that.

#5767 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

Squished Prinny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

What was the name of the card where you can load it with gift cards and still get reward points? Also, how can I get one of these?

#5768 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Still think the banning does not follow some set of rules that are set in stone. I have done certain games 3+ times, traded 30+ games at one time, traded at multiple BBYs in one day...pretty much anything that people say got them banned. Been trading with them basically since the day they started also. The only thing I have not done is the 100+ ps2 trades some here done. My point is people are worried about the ban and I think there is no way to predict if it will happen. How many of you that are banned are also Silver members? I would be interested to know that.

I believe the current prevailing(?) hypothesis that a human will examine those accounts which are flagged to determine the ban, the process of which maybe automated following the 1/3 per year rule. This explains the different treatments that CAGs have been getting.

My local store tells me the rule is 1 game (regardless of platform) per year. So I spread my trades between me and my wife.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5769 eXiON

eXiON

A Wild CAG has appeared!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:08 PM

that can't be true, I have traded in 2-3 copies of the same game/console, I've not been banned as of Monday

I think it takes awhile to kick in, and a good/bad person whos reviewing each case individually.

I believe the current prevailing(?) hypothesis that a human will examine those accounts which are flagged to determine the ban, the process of which maybe automated following the 1/3 per year rule. This explains the different treatments that CAGs have been getting.

My local store tells me the rule is 1 game (regardless of platform) per year. So I spread my trades between me and my wife.

Yeah, it's probably luck of the draw.

#5770 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

What was the name of the card where you can load it with gift cards and still get reward points? Also, how can I get one of these?

Pitch-In card. You can get one through your Account page on the BBY website.

Yeah if I ended up banned it would not surprise me. I tend to trade decent games so maybe that helps...most likely not though.
Posted Image

#5771 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Is there anyone who's been banned and has not traded in a game that Best Buy has had on sale? I'd be interested in hearing about that. I'd imagine it raises a red flag more often than trading in multiples of a game does.

#5772 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Not too sure if that will help. I went to trade in a game yesterday and found out I was banned again. Note that I was banned before but then reinstated. After upgrading their systems I'm banned again? This time I adhered to all the rules so not sure what's up.

So back to my story. After finding out I was banned I took my wife to a different Best Buy closer to home and had my wife do the trade in. System said she was banned too! The weird thing is that she's only done one other trade in for a handful of games and this was months ago! Either the new system tracks addresses too cuz that's the only way we were linked. She didn't use her Reward Zone or anything.

Hmmm interesting. Your wife getting banned may indicate another wave of bans being issued.

#5773 talx01

talx01

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

I've traded same game (same platform) more than 10 copies in different best buys around me and together I've traded more than 200 games in last 3-4 months. Therefore, many of your assumptions regarding the banning process is not true, as I have not been banned yet!

#5774 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Pitch-In card. You can get one through your Account page on the BBY website.

Yeah if I ended up banned it would not surprise me. I tend to trade decent games so maybe that helps...most likely not though.

If that does happens to you maybe you can do the passport trick, don't know if that still works though.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5775 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'm a Silver Member. Have been for years yet I'm re-banned again (or the system didn't reset and just took awhile to update all the previous info.)

#5776 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

It seems like there are tons more bans on here for BBY than GS? It just seems like their trade program is not as well thought out as it should be. They have gotten better about getting ahead of their own sales but beyond that to ban people for trading games at TIVs they have determined to be profitable seems weird to me. Maybe they are taking losses right now to build awareness and people trading too much are more a liability. You would think the proper response to high trade ins would be to adjust the value once you fill your quota and not ban people actually providing games.

#5777 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

if the old "log in" trick to the trade in site is an indication of banning, I'm ok. I remember in the last wave of bannings, I couldn't log in to that system. Note that in all my trading activities, I never traded in more than 3 titles per system and based on looking at my history,probably avg about 20-30 titles per calendar year. So I'd also lean towards some random person looking at individual accounts. But who knows for sure?

#5778 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

I've traded more then 3 copies per title at 4 different stores in 2 different states and have not been banned. Has anyone traded in more the 3 copies at the same location?

#5779 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

I've traded more then 3 copies per title at 4 different stores in 2 different states and have not been banned. Has anyone traded in more the 3 copies at the same location?

Does location even matter?

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5780 talx01

talx01

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

I did.

#5781 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

A small tip for those of you that have a pitch in card and have been buying the prepaid credit cards. I usually end up with a card with like $2-3 left on it which is a pain in the ass. What I have been doing recently is contributing that amount back to my pitch-in card to avoid having a bunch of them lying around. Works pretty well.
Posted Image

#5782 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

A small tip for those of you that have a pitch in card and have been buying the prepaid credit cards. I usually end up with a card with like $2-3 left on it which is a pain in the ass. What I have been doing recently is contributing that amount back to my pitch-in card to avoid having a bunch of them lying around. Works pretty well.

I have been dumping my gift cards from trade ins and my $10 store pick up codes onto it so I could use it to preorder my games and all have it go back on 1 card if I pm or return.

#5783 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

I just went through all my games and looked up values and put them into a spreadsheet. Any value in me copy/pasting that list here under a spoiler for you guys to see?

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#5784 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

Is there an update on the 10/6 end date? Can someone confirm that this date is NOT the actual end date?

I'd like to think that they will continue this through the entire month of October...

#5785 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Is there an update on the 10/6 end date? Can someone confirm that this date is NOT the actual end date?

I'd like to think that they will continue this through the entire month of October...

I saw the scan on a different website of next week's ad. It says 50% :(

#5786 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

OUCH! I hope that isn't the case...That seems like what Gamestop is offering (at best) and BestBuy has had the upper hand here for some time with these trade-in prices....50% just doesn't do it for me considering that it's been 100% for quite some time. That's what I was afraid of...

Well, if that's the case (unless we have absolute confirmation) I'll have to run to BB this week and trade in all I can.

#5787 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

Did you happen to see any of the deals of said scan?

#5788 Rafael122

Rafael122

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

I take it you can still go Saturday then? Finally found a Best Buy in the DC area that doesn't need a receipt. That rule is ridiculous.

#5789 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

I take it you can still go Saturday then? Finally found a Best Buy in the DC area that doesn't need a receipt. That rule is ridiculous.

Really. Which one? It seemed like all the DC and NoVa stores (except Baileys Crossroads) require receipts, but the MD locations don't.

#5790 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

Shit. I guess this means I gotta blow through Mass Effect 3 before weeks' end if I wanna make money on the game AND have played through it. I guess that also means I should rip open one of the two copies of ME2 I picked up during the $5 sale and play that first so I have a save file to continue from.

Although I really don't even care about the game or series for that matter. I only bought it cuz it was cheap.:razz:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image