Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#5821 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

I don't doubt that your store manager is a PITA but that little story makes you sound like a spoiled child. They happily offered to replace them for you because it was a mistake and yet you wanted more. Do you make a habit of demanding things at any store that made a mistake?

Unless that store you frequent has a history of screwing you over, I can't find a reason to really respond like that as a customer.

:applause:You get more flies with honey than with vinegar. If you end up having a history of being a difficult customer, the stores can just tell you they don't want your business and not to come back.

This is what many people who gripe to Amazon have found out first hand after their accounts have been closed for too many concessions on too many orders.

If a manager is willing to work with you and get a replacement for something, then that should be good enough. Demanding more is really just being greedy and a lil whiny you know what.

Even when I complained to Sears a while ago that their employees save for one guy were watching ESPN and no one offered to help me I didn't demand a gift card(even though the manager had offered one). All I wanted was the issue that I experienced fixed and it was as of the last time I stopped in.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5822 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

:applause:You get more flies with honey than with vinegar. If you end up having a history of being a difficult customer, the stores can just tell you they don't want your business and not to come back.

This is what many people who gripe to Amazon have found out first hand after their accounts have been closed for too many concessions on too many orders.

If a manager is willing to work with you and get a replacement for something, then that should be good enough. Demanding more is really just being greedy and a lil whiny you know what.

Even when I complained to Sears a while ago that their employees save for one guy were watching ESPN and no one offered to help me I didn't demand a gift card(even though the manager had offered one). All I wanted was the issue that I experienced fixed and it was as of the last time I stopped in.

lol, and he is surprised why the manager at his store is giving him a hard time. i wonder why?

#5823 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

I just checked the forums and the mod said that any store can deny you for whatever reason and to just go to another best buy if my best buy wouldnt accept games without the original case, so it seems I'm gonna just have to drive another 30 miles to trade in the game or i just might mail it in as I'm in no hurry to get the credit

#5824 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Hopefully, I'm not banned. I have a few games I want to trade in before the 100% bonus(rumor?) is taken away.

#5825 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Exactly, I understand being a CAG but being a whiny demanding CAG is a good way to make sure noone ever goes out of their way to help you. I know I've gone in there and tried to get them to PM and adjust stuff for me a lot. If they don't I say ok, well at least you tried and move on. I don't act like a 2yr old who didn't get what they wanted. And it's paid off several times already where the workers/managers will over ride stuff for me and letting me know about sweet deals I might have missed (not usually because of this site but it's a nice thought on their part)

#5826 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

I just checked the forums and the mod said that any store can deny you for whatever reason and to just go to another best buy if my best buy wouldnt accept games without the original case, so it seems I'm gonna just have to drive another 30 miles to trade in the game or i just might mail it in as I'm in no hurry to get the credit

If you mail it in through their trade-in website you don't get the 100% promotional bump though. You'd only get the base value.

Posted Image

#5827 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Even 30 miles round trip seems a bit far unless you're getting a good chunk. 30 miles one way....uhhhh.... if you're getting some hundred$.

Trading online doesn't get you the bonus. Well, that's what I read months and months ago.

Edit: Damn. Typing too slow, again.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#5828 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

You guys, I don't think the manager meant he would replace the entire item. From the way that other guy said it, I think it was that the things that would be replaced were just the missing things, which means that it would still be a used product.

#5829 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Exactly, I understand being a CAG but being a whiny demanding CAG is a good way to make sure noone ever goes out of their way to help you. I know I've gone in there and tried to get them to PM and adjust stuff for me a lot. If they don't I say ok, well at least you tried and move on. I don't act like a 2yr old who didn't get what they wanted. And it's paid off several times already where the workers/managers will over ride stuff for me and letting me know about sweet deals I might have missed (not usually because of this site but it's a nice thought on their part)

It actually took me pointing out and then printing up(on their printer) the one post from a mod on the BB forums stating that the @Gamer coupons were supposed to stack with sale prices. I very nicely brought it to the attention of the general manager of the store and after that whenever I had that same issue they would automatically override the system to provide the extra discount even when it would lead to a free or pennied item for me(Rocketfish Bluetooth headset that had a $20 off coupon and a $19.99 one day sale price).

Not only that but my local store is usually willing to price match Amazon AND they price matched the 2/$60 from TRU for me when I had heard of other CAG's(including another local CAG who got denied at the same store later on I believe)having trouble getting that done.

Posted Image

#5830 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Even 30 miles round trip seems a bit far unless you're getting a good chunk. 30 miles one way....uhhhh.... if you're getting some hundred$.

Trading online doesn't get you the bonus. Well, that's what I read months and months ago.

Edit: Damn. Typing too slow, again.

Thanks for letting me know. Yeah it's 30 miles round trip, I would never drive 60 miles to trade in one game lol

#5831 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

With everyone talking about bannings, I was a little concerned, because the last two times I traded something in I traded in the same games (just on different days). But traded in two games today and it was fine. Phew.

#5832 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

can we still trade in games saturday with the 100 percent or will it be over

#5833 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Good to hear that people aren't getting banned for trading more than 1 of the same game. I'm gonna just go ahead and do trade ME3 then and cross my fingers.

can we still trade in games saturday with the 100 percent or will it be over

If it does end on 10/06 then yeah, you can still go on Saturday and do the trade-in.

#5834 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

thanks. got a flip shipping to me on amazon due saturday. was starting to worry lol

#5835 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

Found out like many others that my ban was reinstated and it was while trying to trade in my Iphone 4 to upgrade to the Iphone 5. The mobile rep said the ban is store wide regardless of what you're trying to trade in.

#5836 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

Dude...that really does suck!
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#5837 OlDirtyBastard

OlDirtyBastard

Hamburger Train Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

So does 100% bonus credit mean you are getting double the trade in value? Language seemed a bit odd and I wanted to make sure before I go down there.
Marvel Pinball Avengers DLC- Phantom and resell available- $1.67/ $3.33Posted Image

#5838 Rafael122

Rafael122

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

So does 100% bonus credit mean you are getting double the trade in value? Language seemed a bit odd and I wanted to make sure before I go down there.

Yes.

#5839 OlDirtyBastard

OlDirtyBastard

Hamburger Train Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Ha sorry to ask such a stupid question but Ive had companies screw me on language before. Just had my second controller go crazy and need another one fast.

Edit: Anyone know if they honor the trade in value on their website? Like can I look them all up, double the total and go in and not get any surprises? All Ive got are old game, I think the most valuable was $12.
Marvel Pinball Avengers DLC- Phantom and resell available- $1.67/ $3.33Posted Image

#5840 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Have you tried using the reset button on the controller to see if maybe it'll resync and act normally after that? Sometimes that's all it needs.

Although it could just be that the controller needs a new battery if it's an internal one. Those are much cheaper than just buying a whole different controller and are usually fairly easy to put in.

Posted Image

#5841 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Ha sorry to ask such a stupid question but Ive had companies screw me on language before. Just had my second controller go crazy and need another one fast.

Edit: Anyone know if they honor the trade in value on their website? Like can I look them all up, double the total and go in and not get any surprises? All Ive got are old game, I think the most valuable was $12.

read the op

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#5842 OlDirtyBastard

OlDirtyBastard

Hamburger Train Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Good call, Ill give it a shot. The issue the controller is having is that it gets random inputs, like Ill click the left stick and X and triangle will also activate, or at the menu itll all of a sudden get stuck going up then stop. Thanks for the suggestion Ill give that a go right now.

#5843 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

I have like a whole big box of games that I could get rid of maybe close to 100 between all three of my systems but I would rather keep them in storage than get the $2.00 a piece they are all worth.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#5844 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Good call, Ill give it a shot. The issue the controller is having is that it gets random inputs, like Ill click the left stick and X and triangle will also activate, or at the menu itll all of a sudden get stuck going up then stop. Thanks for the suggestion Ill give that a go right now.

You're quite welcome. I figure it's cheaper to try that than pay the $55 for a new controller. That's what I tried with a buddies controller before he just decided to trade it in someplace. It was acting weird like that before he got rid of it. I still think all it was was a dying battery.

Posted Image

#5845 OlDirtyBastard

OlDirtyBastard

Hamburger Train Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

You're quite welcome. I figure it's cheaper to try that than pay the $55 for a new controller. That's what I tried with a buddies controller before he just decided to trade it in someplace. It was acting weird like that before he got rid of it. I still think all it was was a dying battery.

Looks like that may have worked. Of course before even thinking about the reset button, I tore the whole thing apart to clean it because my girlfriend spilled wine on it a while ago so I figured it was that. I dont know if youve ever tried to put one back together but it is a chore. Looks like everythign is working fine now though. Hell of a better choice than trading in games I want to keep to get a new controller at full price. Thank again.

My bad about not checking the OP, I know better. Checked it for my first question then had a second as an after thought and didnt check.

#5846 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Looks like that may have worked. Of course before even thinking about the reset button, I tore the whole thing apart to clean it because my girlfriend spilled wine on it a while ago so I figured it was that. I dont know if youve ever tried to put one back together but it is a chore. Looks like everythign is working fine now though. Hell of a better choice than trading in games I want to keep to get a new controller at full price. Thank again.

My bad about not checking the OP, I know better. Checked it for my first question then had a second as an after thought and didnt check.

Again you're very welcome. Glad I could help save a fellow CAG some money(or in this case trading in games to get credit to put towards a new controller).

Posted Image

#5847 FEN1XD0WN

FEN1XD0WN

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

anyone know TIV of uncharted 3 GOTY for PS3?

#5848 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

anyone know TIV of uncharted 3 GOTY for PS3?

Same as U3 vanilla.

#5849 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

Honestly, it's been at 100% so much and so often now that it's sort of pointless. I mean it's like the 100% is the normal value now so anything less doesn't even make sense. I'll be curious to see if the raise the base TiV for any games...

What they should do is just advertise it as "about 100% more base TiV than our competitors" and then do the 10% on top of that for RZU members. They could even still do additional promos now and then too.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#5850 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

whew, did a test trade and not banned. I've done one 3 title/same platform (separate days/stores) recently so I was a bit worried. Will keep it down to 1 or 2 until we hear otherwise.