Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#5851 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Im flipping 100 or so more ps2 games before this great promo ends on sunday. Goodbye 100% promo !
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#5852 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

10% again didn't add on today. No worries, I would have only gotten like $2 so it wasn't that big of a deal to me today. NHL 11 and NBA 2k11 is also listed at $4 and $3 base in store and not the $6 each base from the online page.

#5853 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Should i trade in all 3 of my uncharted games before the 100% end and then pray hard that an uncharted collection comes out soon? Would rather have them all in 1 disc...or 2.

#5854 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

10% again didn't add on today. No worries, I would have only gotten like $2 so it wasn't that big of a deal to me today. NHL 11 and NBA 2k11 is also listed at $4 and $3 base in store and not the $6 each base from the online page.

The website shows the $4/$3 prices, so must have updated today or very recently. I traded in a ps3 copy of 2k11 for $12($12.60 with gcu) 2 weeks or so ago since I had free money from Sears and found it on clearance. Seemed kinda high for such an old game since I saw 2k12 was trading in for less.

As for the 10% you just have to make sure they apply it, I've noticed that now they have to scroll down to the reward zone part of the screen and that's where you put in the RZ phone # so that's probably where most employees are forgetting to apply it. I just make sure they add it and tell me the total before they print anything out, and once they print it out it's clear as day if they added the 10% or not. If they didn't, just don't sign it.

Edited by DemonsMaster, 05 October 2012 - 08:34 PM.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#5855 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Yeah, I actually just checked. They were $6 last night and $4/$3 today. Man, I should have went yesterday when i got the games in the mail...

#5856 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Should i trade in all 3 of my uncharted games before the 100% end and then pray hard that an uncharted collection comes out soon? Would rather have them all in 1 disc...or 2.

If the uncharted collection will be anything like the other collections youll probably end up getting two games on disc on the other on a download voucher

#5857 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

I traded in my copies of Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3 today for $7 and $4 base each. I ended up with $23.10 after 100% bonus and 10% GCU, meaning they paid me $2 to play the two games. Albeit with ME3 I had only opened it and hadn't even installed it on my PS3 or played it.:cry:

Oh well. With that ME Collection coming out I'll just wait and get all three for one price later on.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5858 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

I traded in my copies of Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3 today for $7 and $4 base each. I ended up with $23.10 after 100% bonus and 10% GCU, meaning they paid me $2 to play the two games. Albeit with ME3 I had only opened it and hadn't even installed it on my PS3 or played it.:cry:

Oh well. With that ME Collection coming out I'll just wait and get all three for one price later on.

Yeah, I got the ME trillogy in my goldbox today on AZ.

#5859 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Im flipping 100 or so more ps2 games before this great promo ends on sunday. Goodbye 100% promo !

100% bonus ends Saturday. 50% bonus starts Sunday.

As far as the 10% bonus goes, I've always asked the employee to tell me the TIV as he/she scans them. Then I ask about the extra 10% since I'm a GCU member. It has never failed me yet.

#5860 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

a lot of the sports games just took a plunge. so much for the 4 nhl 11's i ordered from amazon warehouse. been trading them in all week to get a 150 dollar in credit. I still make profit but not as much will have 200 dollars in credit by tomorrow. my wii u launch is going to be sweet. lol.

#5861 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

iatcg, save your money/ credit, if you didn't enjoy darksiders 2, mass effect series is definately not your type of game.

#5862 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Battlefield 3 PS3 tiv is still >$15 at amazon. I trade in mine at $18 few weeks back

#5863 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

Not sure where to post this, but does anyone know if you can use the $5 reward zone certificate to buy PlayStation Network or Kindle Card.

#5864 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

iatcg, save your money/ credit, if you didn't enjoy darksiders 2, mass effect series is definately not your type of game.

Actually I made about $4 by buying ME3 and then trading it in today. So in the end it worked out for me.

Not sure where to post this, but does anyone know if you can use the $5 reward zone certificate to buy PlayStation Network or Kindle Card.

Yes. A RZ certificate is the same as cash to them.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5865 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

Can you still cash your credit out with visa cards and also use RZ certificate toward visa?
Nobody Beats A SuperCAG Deal!!! Nobody!!!

#5866 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:22 AM

So will the 100% still be live tomorrow, or is it over tomorrow?

#5867 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

Still live, last day tomorrow. I am sure it will be back. I think it has been successful for them in getting games now if they are making any money remains to be seen.

#5868 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

It better be live tomorrow cause I got one more game to get rid off. Picked up 2 black ops cheaps and they trade in for $24, so took the, both and the guy said I could only trade in one for protection. He said a guy tried to trade in 7 madden 13 and they had to call the cops.

#5869 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

Still live, last day tomorrow. I am sure it will be back. I think it has been successful for them in getting games now if they are making any money remains to be seen.

Thanks, I guess I'm gonna trade in my borderlands 2 and hope it goes on sale during black Friday as Id rather have BL2 on Xbox

#5870 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

Do you get gas for free? Do you not have a job? I see you talking about making a buck or two on tons of trade ins. You can't honestly believe you're profiting...right?

Couldn't be that he had other errands to run or purchases to make in the area, or god forbid lives within walking distance of the store. :roll:

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Bordlerands 2

:360: GTAV ; Metal Gear Rising
:pc: LEGO Marvel

:wii: New Super Mario Bros

:ds: n/a

#5871 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

Do you get gas for free? Do you not have a job? I see you talking about making a buck or two on tons of trade ins. You can't honestly believe you're profiting...right?

You obviously don't know how IATCG operates...

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5872 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Battlefield 3 for 360 still showing $12 trade in base. ps3 only $4. Any particular reason?

http://www.bestbuy.c...earch&platform=

#5873 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Battlefield 3 for 360 still showing $12 trade in base. ps3 only $4. Any particular reason?

http://www.bestbuy.c...earch&platform=

They had that coupon in their Gamer mag for $30.00 off the PS3 version of BF3. That dropped the TIV of that version a lot.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#5874 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Gotcha. Thought the mag coupon was for both versions. My mistake

Thanks

#5875 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

does best buy take in old ps2 sports titles?

#5876 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

Squished Prinny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

does best buy take in old ps2 sports titles?

I think you will get $0.25 for them.

#5877 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

I think you will get $0.25 for them.

Actually, he'll get $0.50 for each thanks to the 100% bonus. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]; Velocity Ultra
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5878 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

so last day?

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#5879 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Do you guys think the TIV's will increase tomorrow since it'll be only 50%? Because I could get $60 for Sleeping Dogs and Sniper Elite V2 with the 100% but I don't think I'll be able to get to a BB today.

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#5880 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Do you guys think the TIV's will increase tomorrow since it'll be only 50%? Because I could get $60 for Sleeping Dogs and Sniper Elite V2 with the 100% but I don't think I'll be able to get to a BB today.

Most likely it will take until mid/next week to see most values go up.