Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#5911 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

some games have already fallen

pokemon black/shows 12 on the webpage but only gets 8

double is 16.... if 12 is for tomorrow would be 18 tomorrow
WOOOO I STINK

#5912 247

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

i trdae in 20 games from gamestop i buyed them from there sale they were in yellw paper thing. i didnt get ban i call them up 2day and they say they didnt ban nayone so i will trade in some more stuf there once the 50% promo start becus my thoery is they will raise the price instead of lower them by foolig us into thinking 100% is moer when it erally is less. also 5 of the 20 games didnt stary up an d they still taked them stupid gamestop scam me.good deal thank best buy i alos will proerder halo 4 there w/$20 gamer cupon and then use that 4 who kno what...

Stay in school kids

#5913 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

its no conindence that the 1 ppl that make fun of me and bully me on the net live in calif well guess what jerks no 1 cares about ur rich spoiled kid from ornage county calif u guys prob dont even trade in ur games cus u hav enough money u dont evn dontae them when ur done u jus throw them out guess ur wasteful jerk.... im in my 20s and a healthy grow ing adult male so bef4 u say sometihng smart LEARN and stop being JERKS.....

You tell em! Too many jerks on Cag these days. I like to help people out.

#5914 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

Where you at mang?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Hooked on phonics is calling your name

#5915 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

Seems like a waste of time to purposely spell words incorrectly.

#5916 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

You know he could be a foreigner and decided to move to the states recently and likes to play video games for cheap. Why assume he's uneducated?

#5917 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Hmm....FountainDrink??? Namispep???

#5918 SyxxHallNash

SyxxHallNash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

I saw on Best Buy's site they take console trades as well, is this online only or can you take them in and do it? I meant to ask when I was in but I forgot. Figured someone here would know. And, there's no way this 100% bonus would apply to consoles, right?

#5919 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

Ding ding ding

#5920 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:51 AM

I saw on Best Buy's site they take console trades as well, is this online only or can you take them in and do it? I meant to ask when I was in but I forgot. Figured someone here would know. And, there's no way this 100% bonus would apply to consoles, right?

I think it varies by store. For the last part of your question, no freaking way.

#5921 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

I traded in 10 games today and was supposed to get $96.60 after all bonuses, but I got $109.20. I looked and one of my $6 base games had been put in twice. When I noticed this, I went back in to tell the employee because I wanted to be honest. The employee called over some people to cancel the trade and re-do it with the correct amount. I gave him back the gift card and he redid the trade and gave me a new gift card with the correct amount. I'm worried that it will count me as having traded in 2 copies of each game and 3 copies of the game that was counted twice. I've read about a lot of bans on here and I hope that this doesn't make me banned. I've traded a rather large amount of games into Best Buy over the last 2 years but have never gone over the 3x limit.

#5922 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

I traded in 10 games today and was supposed to get $96.60 after all bonuses, but I got $109.20. I looked and one of my $6 base games had been put in twice. When I noticed this, I went back in to tell the employee because I wanted to be honest. The employee called over some people to cancel the trade and re-do it with the correct amount. I gave him back the gift card and he redid the trade and gave me a new gift card with the correct amount. I'm worried that it will count me as having traded in 2 copies of each game and 3 copies of the game that was counted twice. I've read about a lot of bans on here and I hope that this doesn't make me banned. I've traded a rather large amount of games into Best Buy over the last 2 years but have never gone over the 3x limit.

Hard to say. Do you have any paperwork stating the first trade was voided? Maybe you should have been worried before you went back in. j/k

#5923 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

Hard to say. Do you have any paperwork stating the first trade was voided? Maybe you should have been worried before you went back in. j/k

I didn't get anything saying the first trade was voided but he said it was after having a manager help him. I guess I should have gotten a paper but there were a few people behind me looking to trade or buy games.

#5924 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

Traded in 5 games for a total of 84 bucks. I wont complain.

#5925 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

I didn't get anything saying the first trade was voided but he said it was after having a manager help him. I guess I should have gotten a paper but there were a few people behind me looking to trade or buy games.

In all the times (hundreds, not really...well, maybe, lost count) at all of the BBs (like a dozen) I've never seen anyone else trade-in games. I always ask the reps if I'm the only one and they say no, but I never see them.

#5926 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

In all the times (hundreds, not really, but alot) at all of the BBs (like a dozen) I've never seen anyone else trade-in games. I always ask the reps if I'm the only one and they say no, but I never see them.

It was only the second time I have ever seen anyone after dozens of times going. I guess people were coming in for the last day of the 100%.

#5927 247

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Lmao. Must be him.

#5928 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

It was only the second time I have ever seen anyone after dozens of times going. I guess people were coming in for the last day of the 100%.

Yeah I have only walked in one time when someone was already trading and had one other time when someone wanted to trade while I was already there. Each time the person had 1 game to trade. I know KTMack trades at the BBY I do but have never seen him...even when he was doing PS2 games :)

#5929 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

Just traded in my copy of PS3 Borderlands 2 in hopes of it being on sale during black Friday so I can get it on the Xbox, it was hard to do but had to be done to get halo preordered... I will miss it.

On a side note the guy forgot to put in my 10% bonus on my trade in and I told him about it after he already put the credit on the card so he just added the 10% of the trade in value after the 100% bonus so I got an extra $2 I wasn't supposed to get, I will miss this promo, hopefully TIV do go up next week.

Couldnt you just wait for halo 4 to go on sale on bf ? The online community will be strong by then obviously. Every major title went on sale last year so why not ?
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#5930 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

Good to see the Pepsi Man is back. He always brings a good time.

#5931 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:16 AM

Couldnt you just wait for halo 4 to go on sale on bf ? The online community will be strong by then obviously. Every major title went on sale last year so why not ?

I could.. But I'm one of those halo fanboys who is eager to play it on day 1 at midnight.

#5932 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

Confirmed 50% with updated TIV for newer titles. Not a huge difference.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat272800050038

#5933 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

Confirmed 50% with updated TIV for newer titles. Not a huge difference.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat272800050038

All that worrying and it ends up being nothing (at least for the more recent games). The real question is how did the lower tier games go.

Well Madden and Darksiders each took a $3.60 cut or about 8.6% decrease. (Edit: Wrong now right)

Ha! Resident Evil 6 is only $33 (360 only)...that game is going to tank in price...good for those that want a PM.

Looks like Borderlands 2 actually went up!

The tracker is not updated yet though.

#5934 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Borderlands gets an extra 1.20 while Madden did drop, but nothing drastic.

Hope RE6 Anthology price drops so I can PM.

#5935 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Dang now I wish I would have waited to trade in my PS3 borderlands 2, ah well, I would have just been wasting my time as I have to start it all over on my Xbox anyway.

#5936 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:21 AM

Ugh so basically everything got a $4+ drop and that great of a disparity between the versions of re6 already? Really hope that everyone who said their BBY reps said the 100 is coming back are right.

#5937 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

Just shy of 300 pages, time for a New thread.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!