Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#901 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

Finally some more BBY flips! The drought is over, or at least taking a break

#902 mazinga z

mazinga z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

I haven't been allowed to log into my best buy account for over a week now online. I know I'm entering all my info correctly yet it still won't work..any chance this happens once you've been banned?

Have you tried resetting the password on your account? If so, look at the link they give you, for some reason there is a wrong character in the link that totally messes it up. I think it replaces the "@" symbol with another random character for your email, FYI.

#903 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

Six HUNDRED in RZ certificates?!?!?! What the Fuck did you buy or trade in? I was lucky enough to get a single $20 certificate just this past month and that most likely came from my very active trade history since they've started giving RZ points for trades. It's the first and likely ONLY $20 one I'll ever earn through the program, since I rarely shop there unless I have credit from trades or it's some sort of loss leader.:)

And GBAstar is looking for an LCD tv greater than 52" and less than $1500. =P

^ Hey.. another cross (SD/CAG) user!

Thanks for the help btw :)

I have $100 RZ cert from the preorder 5 get $100 promo and the rest of the RZ certs (~$500) are from buying games and reselling. I think I spent 10k at Best Buy last year and i have a BB RZ CC where you earn 4x points.

I've got a $200 eGift Card from when I bought a PS3 Holiday Bundle and it got backordered and cancelled

and about $150 in gift cards from other promotions and Trade ins.

That is part of the reason I want to cash out my RZ certs because I'd hate for them to close my account and void my RZ certs

Edit: And remember, before they started this whole "unlocked" junk you used to get a $10 cert everytime you spent $150 on games or gaming accessories which IMO was a much better and profitable promotion.

#904 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

^ Hey.. another cross (SD/CAG) user!

Thanks for the help btw :)

I have $100 RZ cert from the preorder 5 get $100 promo and the rest of the RZ certs (~$500) are from buying games and reselling. I think I spent 10k at Best Buy last year and i have a BB RZ CC where you earn 4x points.

I've got a $200 eGift Card from when I bought a PS3 Holiday Bundle and it got backordered and cancelled

and about $150 in gift cards from other promotions and Trade ins.

That is part of the reason I want to cash out my RZ certs because I'd hate for them to close my account and void my RZ certs

Edit: And remember, before they started this whole "unlocked" junk you used to get a $10 cert everytime you spent $150 on games or gaming accessories which IMO was a much better and profitable promotion.

Like I said, I rarely ever bought over $100 in stuff from BB in a year. But lately I've been dumping tons of credit there on even more games(that I'll likely never play:lol:).

But unless they've changed the terms of the program, all of that credit I've spent has been for nothing, since none of it counts towards the RZ program.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#905 htz

htz

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Saw the 50% off bonus trade in for all games this week. Goes and check base values and they all dropped to a point where last weeks 40% trade in bonus is worth more...

#906 Deuce-

Deuce-

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Saw the 50% off bonus trade in for all games this week. Goes and check base values and they all dropped to a point where last weeks 40% trade in bonus is worth more...

Which games in particular?

A couple games I looked at remained the same.

Posted Image

#907 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

Buy 3 MW3 at Gamestop
+39.99
Free game
- 10% (if you have Gamestop paid membership)
So your looking at ~72 bucks for the 3 MW3.
Then flip the 3 at Best Buy
37.50x3 = 112.5

So you turn 72 gamestop credit into 112 BB credit.

Kicking myself right now since I used my b2g1 free coupon today and traded the 3x MW3 right back to gamestop for only 100 GS credit.

:shock: Holy...Thanks for posting this. I was planning on trading three MW3s right back to GS, but this is a far better idea! :applause:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#908 Dwarfman

Dwarfman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

:shock: Holy...Thanks for posting this. I was planning on trading three MW3s right back to GS, but this is a far better idea! :applause:

Did you get 3 MW3's from a PUR B2G1 free coupon or a local B2G1 promo? I'm planning on going in today and doing the exact same thing but read somewhere back that someone tried using a PUR B2G1 Free coupon for 3 x Killzone 3's and it didn't work because it was on sale and it wouldn't stack with the B2G1?

#909 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Did you get 3 MW3's from a PUR B2G1 free coupon or a local B2G1 promo? I'm planning on going in today and doing the exact same thing but read somewhere back that someone tried using a PUR B2G1 Free coupon for 3 x Killzone 3's and it didn't work because it was on sale and it wouldn't stack with the B2G1?

Someone confirmed in the Gamestop TIV thread that the B2G1 coupon you get from renewing your PUR membership stacks with the MW3 sale price:

I can confirm that the B2G1 coupon does stack with MW3's sales price. Buy 3 of them for $70 and trade them in for $100.8.

...Although that advice isn't as profitable as the BBY trade-in route. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#910 htz

htz

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Which games in particular?

A couple games I looked at remained the same.

Uncharted 3 $25, dropped to $20
Battlefield 3 $25, dropped to $20
AC Revelations $18, dropped to $15
Saints Row the Third $18, dropped to $15
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS $20, dropped to $16

#911 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Damn GBA you hit it big getting your PS3 bundle cancelled with your RZ cert award. Wow.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#912 Dwarfman

Dwarfman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Someone confirmed in the Gamestop TIV thread that the B2G1 coupon you get from renewing your PUR membership stacks with the MW3 sale price:

...Although that advice isn't as profitable as the BBY trade-in route. ;)

Thanks, didn't see the confirmation. Time to go into GS and then over to BB.

#913 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

You know the scary thing is, most of the games I traded in just before Black Friday have had their values hold pretty well.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#914 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Small flip if you can find it. Target has clearanced MLB the Show 11 and its selling it for $9.98, trades in with bonus and unlocked to Best Buy for $16.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#915 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Damn GBA you hit it big getting your PS3 bundle cancelled with your RZ cert award. Wow.

I got close to $300 in eGift Cards from items that went to backorder status and were eventually cancelled during their crazy sale. IIRC a major article was published about consumers being outraged that Best Buy was cancelling so many orders close to the winter holidays so they (Best Buy) ended up giving out credit in the value of the orders that were cancelled which was great for me. I've had them cancel orders before due to a price mistake or stock issue and in return give out a $10 eGift Card.

#916 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

UMVC3 - $25.20 at GS ---> BB $16+60% = $25.6. Easy credit to move over. Or B2G1 and you can imagine.

#917 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

Uncharted 3 $25, dropped to $20
Battlefield 3 $25, dropped to $20
AC Revelations $18, dropped to $15
Saints Row the Third $18, dropped to $15
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS $20, dropped to $16

For what it's worth, BF3 actually only dropped from $22 to $20 (not $25). And you can add Skyward Sword to that list as well. It dropped from $22 to $18. I only know because I checked the values of the TRU promo games...

#918 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

I haven't been allowed to log into my best buy account for over a week now online. I know I'm entering all my info correctly yet it still won't work..any chance this happens once you've been banned?

I don't think so, I'm banned but still have full access to my account/reward zone and my GCU perks.

#919 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

I don't think so, I'm banned but still have full access to my account/reward zone and my GCU perks.

Why are you banned?
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#920 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Why are you banned?

Well I went over the trade in limit twice and has around 100 games traded in total. Also canceled about 6 pre orders. Probably all that.

#921 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

Target buy 2 get 1 flip - Centipede: Infestation for 3 DS is $19.99, buy 2 get 1 free for $39.99 + tax. Best Buy based TIV is $11 with bonuses, $17.60. So $52.80 for about $42 out of pocket.

#922 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

Well I went over the trade in limit twice and has around 100 games traded in total. Also canceled about 6 pre orders. Probably all that.

Ah I see. Wasn't aware there was a trade-in limit until now. Thanks for the heads-up.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#923 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

SS: Once Upon A Monster is a BB to BB flip. Buy for $9.99 plus tax and it's TIV is $9.

mer71.jpg

#924 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Ah I see. Wasn't aware there was a trade-in limit until now. Thanks for the heads-up.

Of course, welcome. No matter what the employees tell you the trade in limit is, I wouldn't recommend going over 3 copies of the same title for each system.

#925 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

Dead Island for 360 could get abused. $8 used with coupon at BB and trades in for $16 at BB.

#926 htz

htz

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

Dead Island for 360 could get abused. $8 used with coupon at BB and trades in for $16 at BB.

Actually $24 cause all games traded in this week gets 50% bonus. If you have GZ unlocked its another 10%.:-#

#927 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Have you guys tried this? I just got back from picking up dead island on both ps3 and 360 and it totally broke the system some how. i didnt even get my 10% for gcu but i got ps3 version for 9.99 and 360 version for 5.50(i used 2 $10 off preowned coupons). both games said 35 used but i knew it was actually cheaper. i bought the only 360 version at my store, but then i walked back in and traded them in for 48 total. with tax and everything it was 16.79->48. woot!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#928 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

I couldnt spam the coupon this time so no dead island flip for me lol
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#929 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

Have you guys tried this? I just got back from picking up dead island on both ps3 and 360 and it totally broke the system some how. i didnt even get my 10% for gcu but i got ps3 version for 9.99 and 360 version for 5.50(i used 2 $10 off preowned coupons). both games said 35 used but i knew it was actually cheaper. i bought the only 360 version at my store, but then i walked back in and traded them in for 48 total. with tax and everything it was 16.79->48. woot!

It has been stated before that 2 or more pre-owned games in the same transaction will only take the 10% off of one game. They still haven't fixed this. Do separate transactions.

#930 Jdevon

Jdevon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

I'd be wary of flipping on games like this. From one store to another is one thing ( gamestop to bbuy or vice versa). But buying from bestbuy and taking it to the same store or even others with deals/trade in values like this seem like a good way to get warned/banned from trade ins. I'm sure it depends on the store and employees but i don't know if I'd be willing to risk it.