Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#931 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

So is the 50% confirm in store without preordering anything?

#932 Jdevon

Jdevon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

I can confirm that the 50% is without preordering anything. Alot of titles took trade in hits. I traded in uncharted 3 for $20 this morning and fable 3 for $4 before bonus.

#933 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

Got $40 in credit for skyrim lol. They'll make a $5 profit on that tops. When will they learn

#934 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

yeah im glad i flipped uncharted 3 last week. 37.50 instead of 32, but not that bad difference.
and yeah i think im gonna trade my grrls copy of mw3 for 40. same price i bought it for last fall. we just dont have time to play games together anymore...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#935 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

I can confirm that the 50% is without preordering anything. Alot of titles took trade in hits. I traded in uncharted 3 for $20 this morning and fable 3 for $4 before bonus.

Same. I just got back from a trade in 50% bonus plus 10% GCU.

Thanks to the Cags who pointed out the 1:1 GS to BB flips. Purchased 2 MW3(1 ps3 1 Xbox) & UMvC3 for 100.xx and traded to BB for 105.xx This was a good way to move credit. Purchased two $50 Amazon Cards. $100 closer to a tax free Vita.
Posted Image

#936 Collectorguy00

Collectorguy00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

I just got back from trying the 3 MW3 trade in flip at BBY and the guy at the gaming desk told me A) I could only trade in one copy of the game per day, meaning I would have to go three days in a row in order to do them all and B) that the GCU didn't stack with the %50 bonus. Did he just lie and make up stuff?
Posted ImagePosted Image
"I'd rather Rashad win because he got a big mouth and I don't like the fact that he play with his nipples right before he go and fight another man, that's gay!" Rampage Jackson on Evans vs Machida

#937 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

I just got back from trying the 3 MW3 trade in flip at BBY and the guy at the gaming desk told me A) I could only trade in one copy of the game per day, meaning I would have to go three days in a row in order to do them all and B) that the GCU didn't stack with the %50 bonus. Did he just lie and make up stuff?

He lied on both counts. A) could be his and/or store's policy, but it's not BB's policy. B) Automatically in the system.

#938 Collectorguy00

Collectorguy00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

He lied on both counts. A) could be his and/or store's policy, but it's not BB's policy. B) Automatically in the system.

So can I go back in there with a printed copy of BBY's policy and have them do it? Or do the store's policy come first?
Posted ImagePosted Image
"I'd rather Rashad win because he got a big mouth and I don't like the fact that he play with his nipples right before he go and fight another man, that's gay!" Rampage Jackson on Evans vs Machida

#939 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

I don't think he lied, he is just flat out wrong!

#940 htz

htz

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg33/scaled.php?server=33&filename=65212244.png&res=medium

:roll:

#941 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

So can I go back in there with a printed copy of BBY's policy and have them do it? Or do the store's policy come first?

YMMV. You can't MAKE them do anything.

#942 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

dude lied to your face. lol is this the same guy who said gamer mags in the store are only for display? not very smart of u to buy 3 exact copies though. u should've done 2x360 1xps3 or vice versa,and then traded in 1 of each today -counts as being different- and then the other later/tomorrow. the promo lasts all week. but still, dude lied to you.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#943 Collectorguy00

Collectorguy00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

dude lied to your face. lol is this the same guy who said gamer mags in the store are only for display? not very smart of u to buy 3 exact copies though. u should've done 2x360 1xps3 or vice versa,and then traded in 1 of each today -counts as being different- and then the other later/tomorrow. the promo lasts all week. but still, dude lied to you.

I didn't see it being a problem, I've done 3 of the same platform before at the same BBY with no problems. But yea, in the future might as well not risk it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#944 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

yeah 3 of the same platform is fine, its just 3 of the same platform at the same time is fishy. with 2 u can say 1 is a friends or u like to have an extra copy or whatever. w/3 u just look greedy, plus 3 of same game/platform is the max for the whole year, so it looks fishy to have the years max. amount in 1 trade-in.

I didn't see it being a problem, I've done 3 of the same platform before at the same BBY with no problems. But yea, in the future might as well not risk it.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#945 kingsx27

kingsx27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

Just got back from trading in BF3 and NCAA 12 and got $52.50 with the 50% trade-in bonus. The guy seemed surprised by the deal, but was like "sweet deal for you!"

#946 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

Everyone was surprised I got 19.20 for Little Deviants. Not bad since I paid $20 at GS with the $10 coupon.
Really need to find a used RDR or Dead Island though.

#947 cruzadel

cruzadel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

Have you guys tried this? I just got back from picking up dead island on both ps3 and 360 and it totally broke the system some how. i didnt even get my 10% for gcu but i got ps3 version for 9.99 and 360 version for 5.50(i used 2 $10 off preowned coupons). both games said 35 used but i knew it was actually cheaper. i bought the only 360 version at my store, but then i walked back in and traded them in for 48 total. with tax and everything it was 16.79->48. woot!

Used Dead Island is on sale for 19.99. Was also surprised to get the X360 version for 5.50 + tax.

#948 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:02 AM

Everyone was surprised I got 19.20 for Little Deviants. Not bad since I paid $20 at GS with the $10 coupon.
Really need to find a used RDR or Dead Island though.

How the Fuck did that garbage get you almost 20$ that is probibly the worst vita game right now
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#949 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:37 AM

Whoa, maybe it's a good thing I was only able to find a single used RDR (:360:) to trade in to GS; it looks like there's a BBY I can access that has at least one copy of Dead Island used for each system, and I have two of the $10 off @Gamer coupons left...But do I look for two 360 copies, get them for $11 total + tax and trade them back to BBY for $51.20 total or buy a single 360 copy and trade that in while buying a PS3 copy for myself?

$11 -> $51.20 BBY credit vs. $11 -> $25.60 & Dead Island (:ps3:) for me...

Hmm... :-k

Of course, if the TIV tanks before Thursday, I won't have to think about it, will I? :razz:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#950 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

Whoa, maybe it's a good thing I was only able to find a single used RDR (:360:) to trade in to GS; it looks like there's a BBY I can access that has at least one copy of Dead Island used for each system, and I have two of the $10 off @Gamer coupons left...But do I look for two 360 copies, get them for $11 total + tax and trade them back to BBY for $51.20 total or buy a single 360 copy and trade that in while buying a PS3 copy for myself?

$11 -> $51.20 BBY credit vs. $11 -> $25.60 & Dead Island (:ps3:) for me...

Hmm... :-k

Of course, if the TIV tanks before Thursday, I won't have to think about it, will I? :razz:

Oh it's for sure gonna tank before Thursday unfortunately. BB does their regular TIV updates on Tues and Sat nights, and then steps in with manual TIV adjustments whenever special circumstances occur. Dead Island won't likely even make it to the Tues night adjustment and will probably get nuked early.

If you can get to those copies earlier though, you could always flip both back to BB and then pricematch Frys for a new PS3 copy of Dead Island for $19.99. If the TIVs hold, you'd essentially be paying $0.75 cents or so in tax for the upgrade from your used PS3 Dead Island to a new one. Better deal IMO then just keeping the used PS3 version...

Edit: Guess this only works if you have a Frys near you though. Forgot they were limited to the West Coast...

#951 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

Do they still give out VISA pre-paid or does anyone do something new?

#952 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hey guys
first post in CAG and hope this is a good one

Looks like BB matched Gamestop, and i wish i got on this since BB gift cards are more versatile and usually have more video game sales and other goods.

Saw this on their video game page, no expiration date, but some of the trade in values seem to be better and holding at the moment. Examples

skyrim 25 base
mwf3 25 base

some are worse than gamestop, but now you can look up both and make a better decision. Enjoy! and im glad to be part of the CAG community.

#953 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

is this without a preorder? just bam, trade in?

#954 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

I was going to use my b2g1 coupon from gs to buy 3 mw3 and flip them back for 30$ profit but flipping them at bestbuy would acually give me more credit and and could use the credit to buy a 120$ visa card. Ohhhhh is it tempting
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#955 chingychink2005

chingychink2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Or $120 in amazon gift card to pay for my portal gun :)
My coupon b2g1 coupon just came too

#956 KansasFF

KansasFF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

Its just on a trade in no purchase necessary.

#957 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Oh it's for sure gonna tank before Thursday unfortunately. BB does their regular TIV updates on Tues and Sat nights, and then steps in with manual TIV adjustments whenever special circumstances occur. Dead Island won't likely even make it to the Tues night adjustment and will probably get nuked early.

If you can get to those copies earlier though, you could always flip both back to BB and then pricematch Frys for a new PS3 copy of Dead Island for $19.99. If the TIVs hold, you'd essentially be paying $0.75 cents or so in tax for the upgrade from your used PS3 Dead Island to a new one. Better deal IMO then just keeping the used PS3 version...

Edit: Guess this only works if you have a Frys near you though. Forgot they were limited to the West Coast...

Thanks for the Fry's advice even though there aren't any near me. ;)

I was afraid you'd say that you expect the TIV to tank quickly. I think I have a good backup plan, though--I locked in a two-copy trade-in online at $16.00 each. It wouldn't be as much as if I traded them in-store, but if the TIV really does tank by Thursday, I could live with $11 -> $32.

Now I just have to hope that that store has two 360 copies... :pray:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#958 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Welcome to CAG! Thanks so much for trying to contribute. We actually have an entire thread dedicated to BB trade ins.

#959 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

Do they still give out VISA pre-paid or does anyone do something new?

As of a couple of months ago they still had them in the stores here in PA and they still went through without a hitch.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#960 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Where are you guys getting this coupon from?