Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#961 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Holy moly! That's a nice deal...

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Forza 5

WANTED: :xb1: Madden 15 MUT pack codes! PM with offers!

#962 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Where are you guys getting this coupon from?

It's not a coupon. It will be automatic when you trade in games.

#963 lectersvictim

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Do they accept games that say "Not For Resale" in place of a barcode?

#964 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Ive formulated a plan centered around this promo so i can pay off my whole phone bill and pay off wrestlemania 28 without spending a dime. Muaaaa ha ha ha ha !
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#965 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

Welcome to CAG! Thanks so much for trying to contribute. We actually have an entire thread dedicated to BB trade ins.

No reason to be rude, this deal is not in the other thread yet.

Thanks OP for posting, great deal.

#966 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

I didnt get no coupon. Do you have to trade in a certain amount?

#967 TheLounge

TheLounge

I have never traded into a BB before... Do they limit the # of a single game that you can trade-in? I have lots of credit at GS, and rather use it for a new laptop/tablet from BB.

#968 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

Do they accept games that say "Not For Resale" in place of a barcode?

No, but you can trade in games without the case.

#969 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

I have never traded into a BB before... Do they limit the # of a single game that you can trade-in? I have lots of credit at GS, and rather use it for a new laptop/tablet from BB.

Answered in the first post
Posted Image

#970 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

It's three copies of a game per platform per person/account per year. Actually the way they have it worded, I believe it's per household. So even if you maxed out your limit, you couldn't have someone else in your house come in with three more copies of whatever game.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#971 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

With my calculations i should get 203.20 credit when i do the trade in. Cant wait !
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#972 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Answered in the first post

Yea, swore I posted this in the other thread about the 50+10%, but just read it in the op, so disregard my post...

Anyways, looks like I will be going to multiple BBs and changing credit from GS to gift cards.

#973 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

His response was polite and informative.
Posted Image

#974 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

If you are looking for a quick cash out, no worries. You might get banned for the future though if that matters to you haha

EDIT: Assuming you plan to trade more than 3 of a bunch of titles.
Posted Image

#975 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

If you are looking for a quick cash out, no worries. You might get banned for the future though if that matters to you haha

EDIT: Assuming you plan to trade more than 3 of a bunch of titles.

Aiming for 3 each of a couple different games... Will see how things go though.

#976 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Do we have any flips that don't require the coupon? My cashier killed the reusing coupon train yesterday.

#977 leftwing1018

leftwing1018

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

I don't know what you read, but I don't think there could have been a more polite response than Dark Rider's.

#978 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

I didnt get no coupon. Do you have to trade in a certain amount?

It's not a coupon. If anything, it's a button they have to select in their system when doing the trade-in. As long as they check it when finishing the trade transaction, then you'll get the extra 50% bonus. That reminds me, I gotta round up the games I'm gonna take to BB after double checking their values to make sure they held.

Posted Image

#979 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Do we have any flips that don't require the coupon? My cashier killed the reusing coupon train yesterday.

If the glitch is still going on and you haven't already traded the limit of 3 of Dead Island, I'd say that $10-11 into $25.60 a copy for the 360 version is still a hell of a flip. Same deal with the PS3 version, which is $14 base and about $23 n change after promo/GCU.

To me as long as I'm doubling what I'm paying for stuff and it's being done with credit(or in this case a pre-paid Visa;)) then I'm a happy camper.

Posted Image

#980 chingychink2005

chingychink2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

With my calculations i should get 203.20 credit when i do the trade in. Cant wait !

Care to share how? You can tell me via pm, I'm banned anyways so it wouldn't matter to me ;)

#981 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

I have a feeling the words Halo Reach, Dead Island and maybe Socom 4 factor into his plans a bit, chingy.;)

Posted Image

#982 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

I thought we were talking about the b2g1 coupon. you only get that for unlocking or for trading in games?

#983 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

If the glitch is still going on and you haven't already traded the limit of 3 of Dead Island, I'd say that $10-11 into $25.60 a copy for the 360 version is still a hell of a flip. Same deal with the PS3 version, which is $14 base and about $23 n change after promo/GCU.

To me as long as I'm doubling what I'm paying for stuff and it's being done with credit(or in this case a pre-paid Visa;)) then I'm a happy camper.

I bought the only dead island they had yesterday :p I just Renewed my PUR yesterday so I guess I'll use the B2G1 free coupon to flip MW3

#984 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

I thought we were talking about the b2g1 coupon. you only get that for unlocking or for trading in games?

Yeah. You only get that for going Unlocked and unfortunately it's mailed to you. If past history is any indication, it'll take 2-3 months(if not more) to get to you.

That's even assuming that your Unlocked isn't screwed up in their system and you have to work to get that fixed FIRST.:roll: That's what happened to me and many other CAG's. I ended up getting my Unlocked welcome packet in early November and the coupons were set to expire at the end of the year.

Posted Image

#985 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

I have a feeling the words Halo Reach, Dead Island and maybe Socom 4 factor into his plans a bit, chingy.;)

Not even close acually lol
Currently playing

690739.png

#986 chingychink2005

chingychink2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

^ I know how lol. Now we're just gonna give strait more flipping oppurtunities LOL

#987 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

I bought the only dead island they had yesterday :p I just Renewed my PUR yesterday so I guess I'll use the B2G1 free coupon to flip MW3

I've been procrastinating going up to BB to attempt a trade. But since this 50% bonus doesn't seem to require a pre-order of any kind(thus meaning no loss of $5 in credit to do trades) that means I can trade my copies of Killzone 2 and 3 I got for around $20 total from GS to BB for a slight profit as a test trade.

Then once I see if I'm banned or not I'll go grab some of the Dead Islands that my closest store had in stock as of yesterday(according to the stock locator anyway).

Posted Image

#988 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

So we are positive this does not require a pre-order or a purchase? The only thing listed in the trade in offer is the guaranteed $30 TIV and I don't want to go there and waste anyones time if this isn't accurate/

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#989 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

I've been procrastinating going up to BB to attempt a trade. But since this 50% bonus doesn't seem to require a pre-order of any kind(thus meaning no loss of $5 in credit to do trades) that means I can trade my copies of Killzone 2 and 3 I got for around $20 total from GS to BB for a slight profit as a test trade.

Then once I see if I'm banned or not I'll go grab some of the Dead Islands that my closest store had in stock as of yesterday(according to the stock locator anyway).

What glitches were you talking about before? I wasn't aware of any glitches outside the games being around $5.xx after coupon instead of like $8.xx

#990 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

This thread really should go, it lacks the link or FAQ that some people need.

Yes it works without preorder. It's listed on best buys trade in site under store promotions. Link found on real best buy thread.