Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#1021 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Two days ago(not counting today) was Saturday. Saturday is not considered a business day by most businesses. So at the earliest, I would say the coupon would show up on Wednesday.

Yeah. I renewed on Fri 3/23. My 250 bonus point hit the next day and my B2G1 coupon was there this morning. GS also game me another GI mag. Didn't know the Ass. Creed III issue had 2 different covers. Good to have one without my info on the back and a big expiration sticker on the front.

...but let's get back to talkin' BB business.

#1022 TheodorusMajorus

TheodorusMajorus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Used the B2G1 coupon and my Akrham City credit at Gamestop to get a couple MW3s to flip. Basically turned like $20 real money into $120 BB credit... my God.

#1023 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

My mega flip is completed. Now the preying begins :(
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1024 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

why didn't you just split the trade into two separate trades then?

#1025 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

Make sure you don't tun into Chris Hansen.

Because then he couldn't brag about it on CAG.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1026 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

what did this "mega flip" consist of, anyway?

#1027 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

Looks like time to go through all the free games I got from best buy last year and don't play anymore and get some creds.

Edited by Stimes, 27 March 2012 - 01:19 AM.
Typo

#1028 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

MK is $24 after bonus. Going to wait for the $34.99 preowned MK:Komplete and hopefully use a $10 off coupon. Free upgrade!!!

Interestingly enough MK:Komplete is not listed for TIV.

#1029 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

If he split them up he wouldn't be able to use his super duper awesome "mega flip" term on CAG. :D

#1030 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:57 AM

So for MW3, can i flip 3 copies for PS3 and 3 copies for 360 or can i only flip in 3 copies of MW3 regardless of their platform? Hope its clear.

#1031 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

Flipped a copy of Dead Island

cost $5.93 and left the store and walked right back in and traded it in for $25.60

Got one of those Powerup Rewards cards at Gamestop and then got a B2G1 deal on MW3 (the coupon doesn't come for 48 hours but I was told I can re-ring out with the coupon since I bought the PUR card) and got $40 trade-in at Best Buy for the first 2 copies.

I didnt' want to trade them all 3 in at one place, so I went to another best buy and of course their trade-in machine was not working.

#1032 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:01 AM

So for MW3, can i flip 3 copies for PS3 and 3 copies for 360 or can i only flip in 3 copies of MW3 regardless of their platform? Hope its clear.

I believe the established rule is 3 copies per platform, so you could go with the former option, but I highly suggest you don't trade all of them on the same day at the same BBY, lest you run the risk of being banned.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1033 @ndrew

@ndrew

I play games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

Flipped a copy of Dead Island

cost $5.93 and left the store and walked right back in and traded it in for $25.60

Got one of those Powerup Rewards cards at Gamestop and then got a B2G1 deal on MW3 (the coupon doesn't come for 48 hours but I was told I can re-ring out with the coupon since I bought the PUR card) and got $40 trade-in at Best Buy for the first 2 copies.

I didnt' want to trade them all 3 in at one place, so I went to another best buy and of course their trade-in machine was not working.

So you do not need to have the physical copies of the games when you go back to get the price adjusted? I also signed up for the pur card today and assumed I would still need the games to get the price adjustment when I got the coupon.

#1034 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

The title is irritating me. Let's start a new thread or wiki this one.

#1035 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

I believe the established rule is 3 copies per platform, so you could go with the former option, but I highly suggest you don't trade all of them on the same day at the same BBY, lest you run the risk of being banned.

What happens if i get banned? Just asking.

#1036 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

They shoot you on sight if you come within 100 feet of a Best Buy.

#1037 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

So you do not need to have the physical copies of the games when you go back to get the price adjusted? I also signed up for the pur card today and assumed I would still need the games to get the price adjustment when I got the coupon.

Nope. All you need is the receipt.

You can't trade in any more games at BB.

#1038 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

Another thread for me to stalk!:applause::D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1039 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

Another thread for me to stalk!:applause::D

what is wrong with you?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1040 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:47 AM

Straight edge is so stressed over his mega flip I hope he doesn't turn into Chris Benoit.

#1041 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:52 AM

Straight edge is so stressed over his mega flip I hope he doesn't turn into Chris Benoit.

Too soon??

Naw! Not too soon.

#1042 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

Nope, only need the receipt apparently.

Seems like it needs to be within the 7 day return windows for used stuff.

From wha I gather they'll just return the games and then re-ring them out with the coupon.

#1043 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:09 AM

If he split them up he wouldn't be able to use his super duper awesome "mega flip" term on CAG. :D

Mega sounds better :). Hope everyone is taking advantage of this promo
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#1044 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

SEF is tempting fate.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#1045 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

My BBY did not have any Dead Island! My store has poor selections of used games.

I wanted to used my $10-off coupon so i bought White Knight Chronicles II for $11.XX (with coupon). Found out that Base TIV for it at BBY right now is $14. So i traded it back to the store (Base+50% bonus+10% unlocked) for $22.XX.

I lost out on DI but a $10.XX turn around for WKCII is already okay for me! Converted my $10-off Pre-owned Coupon to BBY Giftcard. hehe!

Hope this well help out some people who missed out.

#1046 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

Mega sounds better :). Hope everyone is taking advantage of this promo

I did a super mega flip LOL thanks to the B2G1 sale that included clearance games @ Target and the BB Gamer Coupons. Those have been on fire this month for flipping purposes :D.

#1047 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

FWIW I was just talking to a best buy employee today and he told me that they're only taking one title per platform (for example only one copy of MW3 on PS3 and one 360 and one Wii). He also said that each person is limited to 50 games traded in per year now. This might be this store only or could be nationwide. It would be great if other people could find more information about this from their local employees.

#1048 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:53 AM

hmm ill ask around this week, though the people that do trade ins are at cs and not gaming so who knows what info they are getting.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1049 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

hmm ill ask around this week, though the people that do trade ins are at cs and not gaming so who knows what info they are getting.

Huh? The last few times I've traded in at BBY, I've done so in the gaming department with gaming employees, not at CS. :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1050 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

Huh? The last few times I've traded in at BBY, I've done so in the gaming department with gaming employees, not at CS. :???:

depends on the store. both my bbs moved the trade in machines from gaming to cs since the stores do trade-ins for other items besides just video games.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot: