Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#121 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Maybe it's just me, but if nothing suits my interest an I have decent credit built up, I trade my GC's from game trades into Visa prepaida from their card center. Sure I have to pay a $5.95 activation fee, but knowing I can spend that card pretty much anywhere is reassuring

#122 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

Ok, maybe I could have worded that better. :)

LOL. There are plenty of CAGs that think we help a business. In truth, the only "positive" thing we do is to encourage businesses to close any and every loophole and correct every mistake they make as quickly as possible. In most cases, we've probably already cost them thousands of dollars when they do fix it.

in the case of Josh, he's been successful because he stays on to of things and actively monitors here, in case he does screw up - and he has, occasionally.

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Madden 15

#123 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

LOL. There are plenty of CAGs that think we help a business. In truth, the only "positive" thing we do is to encourage businesses to close any and every loophole and correct every mistake they make as quickly as possible. In most cases, we've probably already cost them thousands of dollars when they do fix it.

you better be careful. You're starting to sound like me.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#124 Sendoh

Sendoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

I hate where most of the bestbuy near me requires a receipt to trade in. The closest one that doesnt require a receipt is 20miles away.

#125 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

WRONG, BBY trade-in will be dead without us. They need us to support their venture into the used gaming department. Every time I'm there, I'm like the only person who ever does trade-ins, so in my eyes I'm the reason they can continue this business. They would be hopeless without my 3 x Front Mission Evolved, 3 x Venetica, 3 x Just Dance Kids, and the 9 x Nintendogs I flipped right back to them a few weeks ago.

You are hopelessly delusional. The stuff you trade might juke the stats for that particular store in the short term but is overall horrible for the program in the long term.

Try thinking long term.

How can it possibly be good for a company to pay you $15 for a game they sold you for $5?

Where's the profit? VOLUME?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#126 DerClaw

DerClaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

I prefer to think of it as pro bono beta testing (which sometimes rewards me).

#127 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

You are hopelessly delusional. The stuff you trade might juke the stats for that particular store in the short term but is overall horrible for the program in the long term.

I'm going to have to hope that he was only being facetious. Otherwise, he's a blooming idiot.

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Madden 15

#128 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

WRONG, BBY trade-in will be dead without us. They need us to support their venture into the used gaming department. Every time I'm there, I'm like the only person who ever does trade-ins, so in my eyes I'm the reason they can continue this business. They would be hopeless without my 3 x Front Mission Evolved, 3 x Venetica, 3 x Just Dance Kids, and the 9 x Nintendogs I flipped right back to them a few weeks ago.

and we have another comedian .... :booty:
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#129 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:23 AM

now you're banned :-)

#130 shinclyde

shinclyde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:55 AM

Is it really that hard for BestBuy to just copy and improve on Gamestop trade-in system?
Sure, they can ban anyone that trades in too much, but they should have started with a limit of one copy of each game, like Gamestop.
Maybe it just feels ackward that a Company "bans" individuals like that. Im sure in the long run you want as much costumers and trade-ins as posible.
I also think BestBuy trade-in program is going the same way as Walmart, hopefully they fix it as competition against Gamestop is always good.

#131 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

I didn't know bb sold costumes!? Soory jk
:)

#132 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:32 AM

LOL :applause:

#133 VincenteX

VincenteX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

Everyone in this thread complaining about being banned should head over to the BBY Unboxed forum and post there. Maybe you can elicit some change there. It certainly worked for getting the fine print on those @Gamer coupons reworked.

#134 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

ENUF was insane on those forums getting them to post the rules about pricematching 5/100 preorder promo and tons of great deals. get him on your side ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#135 n8dawwg

n8dawwg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

Nice but what you need to do is have another ID so you can do 6 x trades. My trade in profits have been even better since I got another ID. Furthermore, if you are afraid of people recognizing you stick to going in around the same time as one person, and a constant time as athe other (my real Id I use in the AM and the other only near closing) along with glasses, a wig and baseball cap no one knows the difference.

#136 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Nice but what you need to do is have another ID so you can do 6 x trades. My trade in profits have been even better since I got another ID. Furthermore, if you are afraid of people recognizing you stick to going in around the same time as one person, and a constant time as athe other (my real Id I use in the AM and the other only near closing) along with glasses, a wig and baseball cap no one knows the difference.

hahahahahahah ttttrrrrrolllin

#137 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

:rofl: Awesome. I wonder if they'd look funny at me at Gamestop if I came in wearing a Groucho Marx glasses w/ mustache attached get up and a fake ID.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#138 dasme313

dasme313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

Lol I got a warning from BBY.

Spoiler

I know for a fact that I haven't traded in more than 3 copies of the same game to Best Buy, I have all my trade-in receipts. Any one else get an e-mail like this?

#139 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

Spoiler

I know for a fact that I haven't traded in more than 3 copies of the same game to Best Buy, I have all my trade-in receipts. Any one else get an e-mail like this?

At least you got a warning. What address was the warning from?

#140 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Is anyone else seriously shocked that he knows the address of the whitehouse?

Ees7Y.jpg

#141 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

Is anyone else seriously shocked that he knows the address of the whitehouse?

Google knows all.

#142 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

Spoiler

That's bullshit. If they don't want you trading in triplets, why do they let you? And ya, we aren't supposed to profit from trade ins, that's there job. Bullshit. They make it sound like they're doing you a favor by letting you trade in with them. Ill keep flipping until they ban me, emails like that are just fuel to the fire.

#143 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

If you shop at least at my store, there is no way you shouldn't know they do trade ins. Signs are around the gaming department. In Xbox section, half of it is straight used product in the center of the section i.e. prime spot (between newer games and 19.99 and under section). Gamer coupons show it.

Varies greatly by store. I live in the Minneapolis area, which is the land of the wild Best Buy (I come within a half mile of 5 or 6 on my way to work every day) and some have half an aisle of used games, some have a shelf of used games. Some have dozens of signs about trade-ins, some have none. At the end of the day though, those are all things that a customer, already in the store, will see. If you don't get the customer in the store in the first place it will do you no good.

I have quite a few friends who play games and trade-in games as well. Almost every one of them had no idea Best Buy did trade-ins till I told them (including a friend of mine who used to work at Best Buy). I've had a conversation with someone from Best Buy corporate who didn't even know that they had started doing game trade-in's. Hell, I've even ran into one or two Best Buy store employees who had no idea what I was talking about when I said I was there to do a trade-in. :lol:

I think Confooscious had a good point. You can tank the TIV's, you can ban people (or actually fix your system to adhere to certain rules that prevents abuse), but if you do both you cut off your supply, both present and future.

Still don't know if I'm banned, have barely had time to play anything lately and Amazon has gotten a couple of my last trades.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#144 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:57 AM

Glad to know i have not been ban. did a test trade and it went through. Now to decide if its worth my time to convert gamestop credit to bby.

#145 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

I hate where most of the bestbuy near me requires a receipt to trade in. The closest one that doesnt require a receipt is 20miles away.

ummmm...u sure they know you are trading in a game and not returning it? How the hell are you suppose to have a receipt to trade in a game if u bought it from a different store, especially months or years ago. They want to see your gamestop receipt or Blockbuster receipt?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#146 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

ummmm...u sure they know you are trading in a game and not returning it? How the hell are you suppose to have a receipt to trade in a game if u bought it from a different store, especially months or years ago. They want to see your gamestop receipt or Blockbuster receipt?

Some cites and/or states have weird laws and those Best Buys can only take trade-ins with a receipt purchased from them. It was like this in Florida up until a few months ago as well.
Posted Image

#147 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Some cites and/or states have weird laws and those Best Buys can only take trade-ins with a receipt purchased from them. It was like this in Florida up until a few months ago as well.

they literally only let u trade in games from their store? What rubbish

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#148 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

All BB has to do is pay some LP to do web surfing at CAG, SD and immediately they can close any loopholes ... A $15/hr job can save the company millions ..

The problem with BB is that they are giving bonus credit for crap games that probably will never see another use in its life..They should just stick with bonus credit for games within a certain release time.

:-$ Don't be giving them any ideas. Although as I said before I would gladly take a job such as that where I could work from home.;)

As it stands they're nuking any halfway decent values and I predict they'll pull an Amazon within a year where they won't even offer promo bumps. It's at that point that I won't even bother with them unless it's an absolutely insane flip.:booty:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#149 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

BB has one strategy right now, sink market share for GameStop. That's why the kiosks went in, the knowledgeable gamers went to that section and it's become like a mini gaming store. They'll keep it up as long as they have to and take small hits in other areas to gain market share. They're just going through small growing pains where big flips were happening or additional revenue is not generated because people are buying kindle cards. You'll see it adapt so trade in credit perhaps isn't good for those things but they'll continue to try and sink GameStop.

#150 akiefer

akiefer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Spoiler

Interesting...when I did a trade yesterday they needed to confirm my email address which they had never done before. I wonder if I'll be getting one of those emails soon.