Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#1471 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

I've noticed some BBs mix in their used games with their new games but then have a used game section as well.

And then maybe there's a kinect section too.

They really need to have either all new and all used separately or together. And put clear signage. Just copy GS. I can't stand that place but they know what they're doing.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1472 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

My BBs mix in the "value" games and the used ones. It annoys me because I thought I was gonna score some games with my $10 off coupon, but it was a new value game.

#1473 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

My BBs mix in the "value" games and the used ones. It annoys me because I thought I was gonna score some games with my $10 off coupon, but it was a new value game.

My BB does this too, it's pretty annoying, and it doesn't help that they are placed incredibly close and some are just completely misplaced.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1474 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Not sure how I feel about this...

I traded in MW3 (1 for each platform). I asked the supervisor if I would be able to trade in another copy for the PS3. He said sure as long as you don't do it in the same day.

Is this the consensus now? Just spread it out? Honestly I don't want a ban. Would rather have the privilege of trading instead of getting served.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#1475 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Not sure how I feel about this...

I traded in MW3 (1 for each platform). I asked the supervisor if I would be able to trade in another copy for the PS3. He said sure as long as you don't do it in the same day.

Is this the consensus now? Just spread it out? Honestly I don't want a ban. Would rather have the privilege of trading instead of getting served.

If you're not willing to risk the ban, then it's probably smarter to just adhere to the 1 copy per game/console limit. The system won't stop you from trading in more and friendly CSRs that let peeps trade in more than the established limit (or didn't know/enforce the limits) is how a lotta people got banned last year. Volume trading and breaking limits seem to be the most widespread reasons given for bans...

#1476 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

If you're not willing to risk the ban, then it's probably smarter to just adhere to the 1 copy per game/console limit. The system won't stop you from trading in more and friendly CSRs that let peeps trade in more than the established limit (or didn't know/enforce the limits) is how a lotta people got banned last year. Volume trading and breaking limits seem to be the most widespread reasons given for bans...

Yeah you're right. It probably isn't worth it. Supervisor told me I could trade in up to 3, but only one at a time.

I honestly don't know what the policy is. I always just trusted what the supervisor tells me, but I've been having my doubts lately regarding the "limit of 3" thing due to reading around here.

Sure it is ultimately up to me to weigh risk and reward... but I appreciate the feedback. I also appreicate reading the contributions made by everyone regarding this issue. Thank you guys.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#1477 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

That's pretty much a part time job. I know you went only twice a week, but you also have to spend time researching flips and going out and buying games to trade in. $15k credit in profit in 10 months for a part time job .... meh, can't live off that.

I was (believe I was) the other trader in this area. For me it was a cheap way to fund my VG hobby. For DIG I figure it was a way to make money since he cannot legally work (age)?

He mentioned $4500 a month for 8 months. About $32,000. I didn't mean I flip $32000. I was no where near that.

I think alot of that is churn money. Real $$ to credit, then credit to more credit, and credit to cash, then repeat.

He's in the Anaslime area, that's a lot of trading.. lol... You really got banned? I would be pissed because they allowed it to happen.

I saw him in there on a few occasions, trading 3x almost every game that was on sale via Gamefly. Then throw in some of the listed flips from GS, and probably the occasional flip from AMZ WH, and other sources.

That why I said Gross. Not pure profit.

Pure Profit was $15k

I'm in Southern California.

My Store was the one straight across from the Block.

I got the store to 14th in the Nation around September-October around 500+ games during that period.

It was pretty cool because it made the Manager's of the store look good because they we're getting so many trade ins (each game is treated as an individual trade in regardless if there all brought in by the same person)
And in turn the Manager's would Price Match anything I wanted. And the entire stores staff new me.

It was all cool.

Way too many Amazon Kindle Cards, Way too many Visa Gift Cards, a tablet, a new laptop, any and every game that came out, a wii, a dsi xl, shoes, clothes, the list goes on.

Pretty sure i have at least $100-$200 in preorders I haven't picked up or cancelled. Should probably go cash those out.

I have no living expenses.
I spent roughly 2 hours a week researching values.
Gas isn't an issue, Bills are taken care of, Rent is paid for.

an Extra $1500 a month for 8 hours of *work* (Dicking around on the internet)
Sounds pretty good to me.

I saw the manager bend over backward for DIG. I tried to jump on the bandwagon with a PM one time and the manager flat out denied me for the same exact game that DIG just PM'd. I knew managers thought they were god with their mighty powers so I did not fight it and then just left. I eventually got the game I wanted cheaper by waiting for a price drop (would have sat on my shelf anyway). I recall that same trip DIG was buying like $900 in AMZ cards and this was during the $100 cards not activating wave of bad cards. I think the manager gave him some BB gift card or something while apologizing.

I give DIG props for hustlin' Video Games. Not many people his age (under 18) would think to make these amounts of money off games, instead they would either be playing them or getting into trouble doing stupid crap.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#1478 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

I think you're supposed to be 18 to trade in games in California.

#1479 @ndrew

@ndrew

I play games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Today was interesting. I attempted to trade in 2 modern warfare 3's and was flat out denied. The guy's excuse was that I had traded in 3 copies of the game before (2 xbox, 1 ps3) and I had reached my limit of "3 titles per year." I'm not sure how you can consider games from different systems the same game, but the dude was having none of it. I asked to speak to the manager and he/she was busy and now I am supposed to get a call sometime today supposedly. The gaming rep showed me his sheet that said 3 titles per year, so can I argue that the bestbuy website specifies that you can trade in 3 titles per year per platform?

#1480 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

I think you're supposed to be 18 to trade in games in California.

He has stated in the past that he had his mom trade in for him.

#1481 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Today was interesting. I attempted to trade in 2 modern warfare 3's and was flat out denied. The guy's excuse was that I had traded in 3 copies of the game before (2 xbox, 1 ps3) and I had reached my limit of "3 titles per year." I'm not sure how you can consider games from different systems the same game, but the dude was having none of it. I asked to speak to the manager and he/she was busy and now I am supposed to get a call sometime today supposedly. The gaming rep showed me his sheet that said 3 titles per year, so can I argue that the bestbuy website specifies that you can trade in 3 titles per year per platform?

You can try like hell, but the thing is even their FAQ hasn't been changed as of yet to reflect the new 1 per title per console limit.

http://www.bestbuy.c...100050022&h=488

12.Can I trade in more than one item at a time? Are there any limits?
For Video Games, you are limited to no more than three copies of the same title and platform within a year (e.g., three copies of Madden 2011 for XBOX 360).

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1482 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

In regards to my age I can legally work, it just didn't make since to get a part time job when I could make more in a week than I could working minimum wage for a month.

Also it started off with an initial $40 investment the rest paid for itself.

#1483 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

In regards to my age I can legally work, it just didn't make since to get a part time job when I could make more in a week than I could working minimum wage for a month.

Also it started off with an initial $40 investment the rest paid for itself.

Even though you're banned, has your store allowed you to trade in?

#1484 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Even though you're banned, has your store allowed you to trade in?

Haven't attempted it since I was first banned. None of the employees knew about it and the Guy processing the trade in freaked out when he saw the pop up.

Never attempted calling CS because I fully knew it was only a matter of time before I was banned. It would've been nice to hear them explain to me why I can't trade in anymore.

#1485 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

Thumbs up for 16 year olds making paper on the flips. I'm 16 too and most of the doofs I know are way too lazy and dense to do stuff like this. This one per rule is killing me though.

#1486 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Could get the 40% bonus for preordering a game if I already have ACIII pre-order with BB. I don't want to have to preorder another game.
Edited read YMMV in op.

#1487 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

10% stack on the 40% for GCU members?

Sorry, I've only been a member for a month, not sure how all the rules work here...

#1488 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

10% stack on the 40% for GCU members?

Sorry, I've only been a member for a month, not sure how all the rules work here...

If you had read the OP, you would see that it does indeed stack.

#1489 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

say if I really don't need/want the pre-order....and all I want to do is get the 40% + 10% trade-in.

What is the minimum I have to put down on the game? and how does it work when I want to cancel?

Example: I trade in MW3 and Skyrim and get $75 for them, then I want to cancel the pre-order. What happens here/?

Edited by MikeE021286, 06 April 2012 - 12:41 PM.

#1490 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

say if I really don't need/want the pre-order....and all I want to do is get the 40% + 10% trade-in.

What is the minimum I have to put down on the game? and how does it work when I want to cancel?

Example: I trade in MW3 and Skyrim and get $75 for them, then I want to cancel the pre-order. What happens here/?

Read the OP its all in there!

Man you people are cheap.

#1491 themon

themon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Think it might be worth calling their 1800 number and see if they have updated info regarding trades?

#1492 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Go to CS and cancel it like any other item. I've done it once after release, but I'm not sure if that really matters.

#1493 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Just got back from trading in MW3 for ps3 and xbox and they won't allow me to use a previous Pre-order so I had to pre-order BioShock. Now I'm cancel ACIII pre-order. Will they ask for the steel case back if I cancel?

#1494 emeraldgsl

emeraldgsl

Beginning of the End

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

^No. Just have your receipt because that's all you need. The Terms & Conditions on the the back of the steelbook say all you need is your receipt.
Posted Image

#1495 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Just got back from trading in MW3 for ps3 and xbox and they won't allow me to use a previous Pre-order so I had to pre-order BioShock. Now I'm cancel ACIII pre-order. Will they ask for the steel case back if I cancel?

you aren't supposed to be able to use a previous pre order.
OP= Online Pass
Currently selling DLC: Dead Island, RAGE, Dissidia: Aya Brea Costume, SR: The Third OP, Red Faction: Armageddon, Homefront OP + Avatar, BRINK, Portal 2 Steam Passes, Crysis 2 LE, Bulletstorm , NFS:HP OP , Dead Space 2 OP +Armor, Alice Madness: Returns OP, Motorstorm: Apoc, FEAR 3 Shredder + OP, Gears of War 2 ALL FRONTS, Halo: Reach Recon Helmet, Mortal Kombat OP

PM for more details

#1496 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

what's the latest someone's ever waited to cancel a preorder? I think I still have a receipt for Skyrim that I never picked up and some other stuff that came out in Feb

#1497 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

what's the latest someone's ever waited to cancel a preorder? I think I still have a receipt for Skyrim that I never picked up and some other stuff that came out in Feb

Are you banned from trading into BB? If not, then I'd suggest to leave those $5 pre-order deposits just sit there forever. We still don't have concrete proof as to what ends up causing people to be banned from trading, but if it's for returning too many pre-orders then I'd say leaving $5 sit there is a small price to pay to get some of the credit bumps some of us have and not ending up banned.:)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1498 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

instead of cancelling u should just transfer the funds to a new preorder so u can keep trading in
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1499 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:39 AM

I'm going to buy more mw3's from gamestops b2g1 free to do one last flip before this promo ends. I've flipped a couple of copys to bestbuy already but 3 more won't hurt right ? :)
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#1500 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

I'm going to buy more mw3's from gamestops b2g1 free to do one last flip before this promo ends. I've flipped a couple of copys to bestbuy already but 3 more won't hurt right ? :)

Once you've gone over the limit it's only a matter of time before you're banned. Do as much damage as you can.
OP= Online Pass
Currently selling DLC: Dead Island, RAGE, Dissidia: Aya Brea Costume, SR: The Third OP, Red Faction: Armageddon, Homefront OP + Avatar, BRINK, Portal 2 Steam Passes, Crysis 2 LE, Bulletstorm , NFS:HP OP , Dead Space 2 OP +Armor, Alice Madness: Returns OP, Motorstorm: Apoc, FEAR 3 Shredder + OP, Gears of War 2 ALL FRONTS, Halo: Reach Recon Helmet, Mortal Kombat OP

PM for more details