Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#1561 PatelKing

PatelKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

40% with most preorders or with purchase of select games: star wars kinect, mario party 9, tiger woods 13, fifa street, and MLB 2k12

#1562 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

Thanks!

#1563 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

u forgot these:
Pre-order one of the select titles below and get a minimum 40% extra credit on your trade-in.

Max Payne 3

Borderlands 3
Far Cry 3
Assassin's Creed 3
Halo 4
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
BioShock Infinite
Madden NFL 13
NCAA Football 13
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Diablo III

40% with most preorders or with purchase of select games: star wars kinect, mario party 9, tiger woods 13, fifa street, and MLB 2k12

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1564 GoVols

GoVols

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

I did the Madden 13 pre-order promo for the extra 40% + 10% unlocked. I got $27 for Zelda:oot 3DS & $9 for Bulletstorm after bonuses.

#1565 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

OP is updated. Honestly, if anyone has an interest in starting a new thread and taking over OP duties go right ahead, hell even copy my OP if you want. Just make sure to post about it in this thread when you do.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#1566 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

Cant you make a new thread and wiki it? or someone can

#1567 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

I wish they added Prototype 2 on that list hears hopeing for next week I really wanna get that steelbook, please best buy don't let Gamestop have my games

#1568 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

last week they had a bonus for pre ordering any game

#1569 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

I wish they added Prototype 2 on that list hears hopeing for next week I really wanna get that steelbook, please best buy don't let Gamestop have my games

I forgot about that steelbook! I actually haven't seen it in any of the stores I've been too...

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#1570 evenfl0w

evenfl0w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Went to trade in some games today, but there weren't any promos for preordering games. Only promos for game purchases.

#1571 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

I forgot about that steelbook! I actually haven't seen it in any of the stores I've been too...

I heard they won't be given out early like AC3, you can only get it when you pick up or it gets shipped with your order. So most likely, they won't be getting stock of it until a few days before it's release.

I still have to pre-order mines...I'm just debating whether or not to get it for PS3 or 360.

#1572 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

they lied to you.

http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page

scroll down.

Went to trade in some games today, but there weren't any promos for preordering games. Only promos for game purchases.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1573 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

When I did a trade in a BB yesterday, I looked at the screen for the promos. I couldn't find any preorder promos, only the 40% bonus on a game purchase promo. Just a heads up...

#1574 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

I have a BB near me that never has the right promos, others in the area are fine so its pretty obvious their system is garbage
Posted Image

#1575 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

When I did a trade in a BB yesterday, I looked at the screen for the promos. I couldn't find any preorder promos, only the 40% bonus on a game purchase promo. Just a heads up...

Same thing happened to me. Although my store also didn't have the 10% discount on used games working nor the 10% trade-in bonus for GCU...

#1576 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Same thing happened to me. Although my store also didn't have the 10% discount on used games working nor the 10% trade-in bonus for GCU...

i really wonder why best buy hasnt fixed this yet....

#1577 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

I got my 10% bonus...everything was there in the system except for the preorder 40% bonus.

#1578 macontosh2000

macontosh2000

Dirty Scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Will Best Buy accept trade ins for a Kinect? I dont see them listed anywhere on the site, and i want to get rid of mine.
macontosh2000 Quote of the Day (or whenever i choose to change it)

"Here he comes. Here comes John Wayne. I'm not gonna cry about my pa. I'm gonna build an airport, put my name on it. Why, Michael? So you can fly away from your feelings? You can keep them bottled up Michael, but they will come out. Sometimes in the most unexpected........Hey, where the Fuck are my hard-boiled eggs?"

Tobias Funke, Arrested Development

#1579 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Will Best Buy accept trade ins for a Kinect? I dont see them listed anywhere on the site, and i want to get rid of mine.

Nope, BestBuy doesn't do accessories for some reason. However, you will get $52.65 at Amazon and $30 at GameStop.

#1580 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

i went to the bb near the block in orange and it didnt have the pre order promo either but the guy doing my trade ins was like "oh but you but ____ right? ;) okay ill give it to you" so not all the bb employees are horrible

#1581 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

i went to the bb near the block in orange and it didnt have the pre order promo either but the guy doing my trade ins was like "oh but you but ____ right? ;) okay ill give it to you" so not all the bb employees are horrible

The Orange store is the absolute best store they have

#1582 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

so have people been able to trade in and get the 40% for preordering?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1583 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

From what the gaming supervisor showed me, its not even showing up in the system. Only the 40% with purchase of X game.

#1584 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

From what the gaming supervisor showed me, its not even showing up in the system. Only the 40% with purchase of X game.

that's what i figured. I guess I'll wait for next week and hope prices don't drop.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1585 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

It's still on it's website though?

I was actually planning on heading to my BB for some trade-in's and pre-order AC3 for the steelbook.
I'll head in tomorrow anyways and see if I get the 40% bonus trade-in (and check if the 10% still stacks up if it's still been screwy)

#1586 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

I was actually planning on heading to my BB for some trade-in's and pre-order AC3 for the steelbook.
I'll head in tomorrow anyways and see if I get the 40% bonus trade-in (and check if the 10% still stacks up if it's still been screwy)

yeah, it still is but I don't feel like arguing with people.

40% more
40% Bonus Trade-In Credit

when you buy Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13, Major League Baseball 2K12, FIFA Street, Mario Party 9 or Kinect Star Wars.
In store only.
40% more
Minimum 40% Bonus Trade-In Credit

when you pre-order one of several select titles, including Max Payne 3 and Assassin's Creed 3.

Ees7Y.jpg

#1587 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

Yeah its the only one near me that doesnt finger print

#1588 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:40 AM

yeah but wasn't showing up on the system/computer. you can try and get a manual adjustment or a separate Gift Card to compensate the difference.

#1589 PatelKing

PatelKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Curious b/c on thursday I had 2 friends do trades for me at 2 different stores. First store, me and the gaming guy are cool even though he goes pretty much by the book. That store he added 40% for preorder bonus and I preordered something which I'm going to pick up. Second store, gaming guy and MGR are jerks but it was closer for my friend so we went there. They did the trade but said had to buy a game for 40% bonus. Just bought TW13 but will return it. I thought the guy was BSing b/c I had just traded an hr before and it was there. Seems its some stores and not others.

#1590 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

yeah, it still is but I don't feel like arguing with people.

40% more
40% Bonus Trade-In Credit

when you buy Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13, Major League Baseball 2K12, FIFA Street, Mario Party 9 or Kinect Star Wars.
In store only.
40% more
Minimum 40% Bonus Trade-In Credit

when you pre-order one of several select titles, including Max Payne 3 and Assassin's Creed 3.

As long as the manager at your BB isn't a total killjoy, I feel like you should be able to get the additional 40% as long as you show them the deal on their website. I didn't have to argue at all, just got a second gift card with the extra TIV on it.

I haven't been there in a while, but I'll join in and say that I've never had a bad experience there. All the managers/employees were always cool about everything.