Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#1651 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Quick question for those of you that got silver membersship. How did that happen? Did you use your BB GC to buy GCs to other stores? I've only gotten $6 in credit for my "silver status" and I think that is because I bought a subscription to Gamers Club.

#1652 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

May just have to stop in and ask the girls to do a test trade-in for me. I'm almost out of Best Buy gift cards...

OP updated. Changed the "promo" font color, so many we can stop complaining about the mobile version of the site.

that shade of yellow is very aggressive and hurts my eyes. Change it to an grey-ish color. I demand you conform to my every request. Even if all i had to do was switch to the full site from the mobile version by pressing one button.

#1653 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

No problem today getting this promo.

Clerk forgot to put my Rz number in for the preorder. Arggh.

#1654 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

No problem today getting this promo.

Clerk forgot to put my Rz number in for the preorder. Arggh.

They did the same thing with my Max Payne pre-order. When I told them to fix it they said to just do it at home on their Reward Zone website. :roll:

#1655 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Quick question for those of you that got silver membersship. How did that happen? Did you use your BB GC to buy GCs to other stores? I've only gotten $6 in credit for my "silver status" and I think that is because I bought a subscription to Gamers Club.

I know I personally just spend a crapload of money there, always (and only) when there's a sick sale, coupon, or glitch (just like a lot of CAG's). Yes, I'm the proverbial 'devil customer' in their classic definition, yet I spent $1000's there each year, and they keep rewarding me for it! :)

#1656 earvcunanan

earvcunanan

I'm cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

I'll probably trade in ME3 (360) with the 60% bonus towards Max Payne 3 so I can also get the $20 eGC bonus.

#1657 gamererik

gamererik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

can you combine preorders later? like combine 2 5 dollar ones so i can have 10 on something?

#1658 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

can you combine preorders later? like combine 2 5 dollar ones so i can have 10 on something?

i think you'd basically just cancel the one and put the 5 towards the other one.
Posted Image

#1659 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

They did the same thing with my Max Payne pre-order. When I told them to fix it they said to just do it at home on their Reward Zone website. :roll:

Yeah. I'm not sure that will work with the 20$ gift card but didn't feel like arguing.

#1660 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

I'm still completely dumbfounded as to how I got silver on not one but both accounts I have with BB.:lol: I have my main account and the one I made when I forgot my log-in info that I only used to make online purchases with.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1661 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yeah. I'm not sure that will work with the 20$ gift card but didn't feel like arguing.

Why wouldn't it work? The same thing happened to me with my Max Panye 3 order so I just added it to my account through their RZ site. Its now pending under my purchases. I had to do the same thing with the pre-order 5 deal as well and I still got my cert at the end with no problems.

#1662 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Why wouldn't it work? The same thing happened to me with my Max Panye 3 order so I just added it to my account through their RZ site. Its now pending under my purchases. I had to do the same thing with the pre-order 5 deal as well and I still got my cert at the end with no problems.

That's good to know.

#1663 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

i only spent giftcards at bestbuy for the last year. i picked up alot of games and amazon cards and i ended up getting silver.

also i just threw away those kid icarus cards from the @gamer mag, lol. are they actually worth anything or anyway to 'give' them to you guys online?

also i grabbed a few mini flips just to get a lil more credit. hoping to beat/plat the games in time this week. im so freakn lazy and just play yakuza/mw3 lately.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1664 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

i only spent giftcards at bestbuy for the last year. i picked up alot of games and amazon cards and i ended up getting silver.

also i just threw away those kid icarus cards from the @gamer mag, lol. are they actually worth anything or anyway to 'give' them to you guys online?

also i grabbed a few mini flips just to get a lil more credit. hoping to beat/plat the games in time this week. im so freakn lazy and just play yakuza/mw3 lately.

You must have got silver from the amazon cards then, since BB gcs don't count towards the total. I bought like 15 games in the past 2 months (with tradein credit) and I have $6 spent for silver.

#1665 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

You must have got silver from the amazon cards then, since BB gcs don't count towards the total. I bought like 15 games in the past 2 months (with tradein credit) and I have $6 spent for silver.

Amazon cards don't work either.

Consolidating BBGC's will get you to silver though.

#1666 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

That still doesn't explain the second RZ account I have getting RZ Silver though. The only purchase I made on it this year was those Black Ops Prestige bundles and that was last summer sometime. I think I spent around $150 or so then.

Since then I haven't used that account for anything, yet I still got the bump. Maybe it's BB's way of trying to entice some customers who don't make a lot of purchases into buying more stuff due to the RZ Silver benefits?

Posted Image

#1667 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

I knew they had to have been starting another 50% deal or something, I logged on today to check TiV and nearly every one I had looked at the previous day dropped!

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#1668 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

all my tivs stayed the same. fingers crossed.

and nope. didnt consolidate giftcards at all. idky but i got silver.
i know you dont earn points with giftcards, but you must earn silver. that's the only reason i would have it cuz i spent $0 and my friends using my phone # didnt spend anything over like 100.

also seems you can get a free rental from nba 2k11 preowned @ bestbuy and play for a few days then flip back for some free rz points.

now worth the hassle for me tho, especially for a sports game, lol

ooh also amazon gives 10.80 for 360 version. you would need it complete tho. not like this is big money tho
lol, it's 9.75 total for instore pickup. i might as well just buy amazon credit if im only making a dollar. haha
i keep trying tho! PERSEVERANCE

Edited by Velo214, 16 April 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1669 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

Went in today to trade in some games and i got 39 for base and 19 for promo but they couldn't or didn't know how to add the 10% for unlocked. I don't know how to pull it up or i would have told them.

#1670 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

You either have to have them scan your RZ card or look up your info via the phone number linked to your Reward Zone card.

Posted Image

#1671 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

all my tivs stayed the same. fingers crossed.

and nope. didnt consolidate giftcards at all. idky but i got silver.
i know you dont earn points with giftcards, but you must earn silver. that's the only reason i would have it cuz i spent $0 and my friends using my phone # didnt spend anything over like 100.

also seems you can get a free rental from nba 2k11 preowned @ bestbuy and play for a few days then flip back for some free rz points.

now worth the hassle for me tho, especially for a sports game, lol

ooh also amazon gives 10.80 for 360 version. you would need it complete tho. not like this is big money tho
lol, it's 9.75 total for instore pickup. i might as well just buy amazon credit if im only making a dollar. haha
i keep trying tho! PERSEVERANCE

Actually, you don't have to earn it. Best Buy dishes out free 1 year Silver memberships on lottery to just give Reward Zone members a taste of what it is like. I am Silver now and legitimately earned it. The first time I got it though, was the same way you got it...by good fortune. When the year is up, it will revert and they will send you a new card...the standard one...unless you meet the buying threshold.

#1672 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

Anyone trade in King of Fighters XIII to Best Buy? For some reason it's not showing up in their inventory.

#1673 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

I took my cards, put em with the 3 from Nintendo club and netted like $13 on eBay. Lots of bids for them. I was fine with that.

Best buy has FFXIII-2 at $16 TIV so over $25 with promos for those who may have mastered since getting it for $15.

#1674 Borellius

Borellius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

You either have to have them scan your RZ card or look up your info via the phone number linked to your Reward Zone card.

I tried telling them that, but they wouldn't listen. They kept insisting that it would have appeared as an offer or something. I had to go with Customer service since i was with the wife and kids (2yrs and a 2mo old) and the guy at the gaming site was out to lunch. Is there any way i can get the adjusted amount and the points, its an extra 5 bucks in rz points damn it.

#1675 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

I took my cards, put em with the 3 from Nintendo club and netted like $13 on eBay. Lots of bids for them. I was fine with that.

Best buy has FFXIII-2 at $16 TIV so over $25 with promos for those who may have mastered since getting it for $15.

They dropped it to 10 right after the deal unless it's back up again?

#1676 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

They dropped it to 10 right after the deal unless it's back up again?

website shows $10 for both versions

#1677 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Out of curiosity, what is everybody's experience when doing a return/exchange when you paid for part of the item with a RZC?

Both times I've done this I was told the RZC is refunded back to your RZ account. Both times that didn't happen and then I was told by RZ CS that you just completely lose it. First time they credited me "anyway", this I'm still waiting to hear back. What ticks me off this time is that not only did I buy two things so that RZC could have been counted to the other...but I bought a preowned DS game that was faulty so it wasn't even my fault that I had to return it! Plus it was a $20 cert! Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll credit me that back plus some more...

233526.png

#1678 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

Out of curiosity, what is everybody's experience when doing a return/exchange when you paid for part of the item with a RZC?

Both times I've done this I was told the RZC is refunded back to your RZ account. Both times that didn't happen and then I was told by RZ CS that you just completely lose it. First time they credited me "anyway", this I'm still waiting to hear back. What ticks me off this time is that not only did I buy two things so that RZC could have been counted to the other...but I bought a preowned DS game that was faulty so it wasn't even my fault that I had to return it! Plus it was a $20 cert! Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll credit me that back plus some more...

You don't lose it. It gets credited back to your account in 3-5 business days, as the amount of points proportional to the dollar amount of the cert's refund.

So, if you get $5 back on the return, 250 points go back to your account. $3, 150 points.

If they told you that you lose the RZ cert money, they're completely wrong.

#1679 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

You don't lose it. It gets credited back to your account in 3-5 business days, as the amount of points proportional to the dollar amount of the cert's refund.

So, if you get $5 back on the return, 250 points go back to your account. $3, 150 points.

If they told you that you lose the RZ cert money, they're completely wrong.

I've been told by numerous CSRs at multiple locations that I'd get my points credited back to me in 30 days.

I had recently used $210 in RZC towards a laptop. That is why I asked them the "return" question.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#1680 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

Well I was told in-store both times that it would be a "few days". But then by the RZCR I was told "about 30 days". Which is why I kinda threw a fit the first time and was lucky enough they just refunded me immediately.

This time I emailed them again and still waiting to see what they say. I get the 30 day thing to keep you within the return period for adding the points...but 30 days for a return (especially when it was due to a faulty item) is pretty crazy.

233526.png