Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#1921 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

It looks like your trade in credit (pre bonuses) count toward your silver status bar as well. Which is awesome since I doubt I'll spend $2500 to keep my silver this year.

#1922 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

It looks like your trade in credit (pre bonuses) count toward your silver status bar as well. Which is awesome since I doubt I'll spend $2500 to keep my silver this year.

I would probably get banned if I hit $2500 in prebonus trade-ins. lol

#1923 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

You shouldn't get getting points for redeeming gift cards though. You should only get the points for buying the gift cards; otherwise people could double dip and anytime they wanted to buy something at BB they would first buy a gift card for that amount to get points and then redeem the gift card for the item they wanted to get a second set of points

You would think BBY would want people to double dip because once someone spends money on a gift card it's BBY money. You can't return a gift card and get cash back like when you just return an item.

But I to have noticed I've been getting a lot more pending points wahoo!!

#1924 ravhen

ravhen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Just thought I'd share my story from yesterday:

I walked into the store and was directed back to the game counter for my trade-ins. I had about 22 games with me, but a couple of them had the "not for resale" tag on the back. The salesperson said that they didn't take those games and, after continuing to push the matter, he told me that I'd have to take them to customer service. I went up to the service desk and the woman there paged back to the game counter and told him that, yes, they could take those games, but that he would have to look them up in the system instead of scanning them. I walked back to the game counter and asked the guy who was helping me if he had received the message to which he responed, "yes, but I'm still not doing it". At that point I went back to the customer service desk and told the woman there that someone needed to go back and help this guy because he was refusing to take the trades. She walked back with me and attempted to help him finish the transaction at which point he walked off (ignoring her when she called him back). She then said that she would have to clear out his transaction and start over, which was fine. She put in all my games again and said that my total came out to $244 (I had estimated my trades on the website the night before and was expecting about $120 before the extra 50%). I asked her if she was sure if she cleared out all the games from the other guy's transaction because that seemed like a lot more than I was expecting to receive and she said, "yeah, you just had some that were worth a lot. Your total with the bonus should come out to $366, does that sound good to you?". Of course I said yes; I wondered if somehow their website's trade estimator wasn't up to date or something, so I didn't want to argue with such an awesome deal. She swiped the gift card, had me sign off, and finished the deal. After that I went and bought my new iPad, which is what I was trading the games in for in the first place.

When I got home last night I was going over the receipt and saw that all the games the other associate had entered into the computer were indeed still counted in with the trade. So I got almost double trade in value, plus the extra 50%.

Now i'm an honest guy, but after having the first guy be so completely rude and storm off while helping me, I don't feel so bad about the situation. I also even asked the second associate to double check her work to make sure the first transaction wasn't still in the computer when I thought the estimate was too high, and even after calling her on it she didn't take the time to check. Though I kind of wondered if she did actually see it and left it as it was to make up for the first guy's behavior.

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience? How would you react?

Edited by ravhen, 27 April 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#1925 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

LMAO. I called the number I got from BB yesterday regarding my trade account. He said its a new thing because people were abusing the system trading in multiples of the same game. He said that they arent taking trade in at the store level anymore for video games and if i wanted to trade in games I could do so thru the website. Anyone believe that? I might try it out but will I get the bonuses is the question?

#1926 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

I walked into the store and was directed back to the game counter for my trade-ins. I had about 22 games with me, but a couple of them had the "not for resale" tag on the back. The salesperson said that they didn't take those games and, after continuing to push the matter, he told me that I'd have to take them to customer service. I went up to the service desk and the woman there paged back to the game counter and told him that, yes, they could take those games, but that he would have to look them up in the system instead of scanning them. I walked back to the game counter and asked the guy who was helping me if he had received the message to which he responed, "yes, but I'm still not doing it". At that point I went back to the customer service desk and told the woman there that someone needed to go back and help this guy because he was refusing to take the trades. She walked back with me and attempted to help him finish the transaction at which point he walked off (ignoring her when she called him back). She then said that she would have to clear out his transaction and start over, which was fine. She put in all my games again and said that my total came out to $244 (I had estimated my trades on the website the night before and was expecting about $120 before the extra 50%). I asked her if she was sure if she cleared out all the games from the other guy's transaction because that seemed like a lot more than I was expecting to receive and she said, "yeah, you just had some that were worth a lot. Your total with the bonus should come out to $366, does that sound good to you?". Of course I said yes; I wondered if somehow their website's trade estimator wasn't up to date or something, so I didn't want to argue with such an awesome deal. She swiped the gift card, had me sign off, and finished the deal. After that I went and bought my new iPad, which is what I was trading the games in for in the first place.

When I got home last night I was going over the receipt and saw that all the games the other associate had entered into the computer were indeed still counted in with the trade. So I got almost double trade in value, plus the extra 50%.

Now i'm an honest guy, but after having the first guy be so completely rude and storm off while helping me, I don't feel so bad about the situation. I also even asked the second associate to double check her work to make sure the first transaction wasn't still in the computer when I thought the estimate was too high, and even after calling her on it she didn't take the time to check. Though I kind of wondered if she did actually see it and left it as it was to make up for the first guy's behavior.

Per the terms. Once a transaction is complete. Nothing can be done.

It was the associates fault, and nothing can be done about it.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1927 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'd go back and tell them. 1. I'm honest. 2. Since games were left on there, it appears that you exceeded the 1 game per year rule and could be banned. So this could be your last trade. If that money is worth it, by all means enjoy it.

#1928 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

I'd go back and tell them. 1. I'm honest. 2. Since games were left on there, it appears that you exceeded the 1 game per year rule and could be banned. So this could be your last trade. If that money is worth it, by all means enjoy it.

while i agree with this, I doubt they'd even know how to void out the trade in. And the ban is given at the corporate level so they wouldn't be able to change/ affect it.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1929 ravhen

ravhen

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

while i agree with this, I doubt they'd even know how to void out the trade in. And the ban is given at the corporate level so they wouldn't be able to change/ affect it.

I thought the same thing. Even if I DID go back, they probably couldn't do anything after the fact. I tried to have her double check the transaction while I was there and she didn't, so after that I don't think its my responsibilty. I was up front and honest with her when I said that the numbers didn't sound right, I'm not gonna argue for less money.

#1930 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

I thought the same thing. Even if I DID go back, they probably couldn't do anything after the fact. I tried to have her double check the transaction while I was there and she didn't, so after that I don't think its my responsibilty. I was up front and honest with her when I said that the numbers didn't sound right, I'm not gonna argue for less money.

I wouldn't go back. You did everything in your power to make things right.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1931 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

50% bonus is a great deal... time to unload Skyrim, my Kinect dance games, and a couple of the higher priced Wii titles.

#1932 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

So any other good flips from the Target deal that people have found? The ones for 10 bucks after coupon and with good TIV at Best Buy are (all TIV is base)
Uncharted 3 - 18
Modnation Racers - 16
Black Eyed Peas Experience - 16
Sonic Generations - 16
Rayman - 13

#1933 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Sonic Generations XBOX 360. Be sure to check ALL values when a game is on multiple consoles.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1934 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Sonic Generations XBOX 360. Be sure to check ALL values when a game is on multiple consoles.

ya you pointed this one out to me the other day and I took advantage of that one haha. Any other ones you know about?

#1935 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Looks like you and I got banned at the same time then. ;) Did you receive this message:

Cannot proceed with this transaction

Best Buy Asset Protection for violation of Best Buy Policies has placed a person with this name and DOB on a list of persons prohibited from conducting secondhand transactions. If the customer believes this is an error, they can contact customer service at 877-310-4227 or email Tradein @bestbuy.com

if so, I'm pretty sure we're banned, though I wasn't fortunate enough for the employee to let me do one last trade like yours let you do. I was able to trade in 2 weeks ago but found out today that I was banned so it is the reverse of DCPinoy's unbanning. It was fun while it lasted at least.

What is the next step for those that were banned though? is it to cash out all the preorders that I made since it seems to be the last thing I can do to put the thumbscrews on bestbuy.

Yeah pretty much. That's what I would do, cancel all my preorders haha.

#1936 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

ya you pointed this one out to me the other day and I took advantage of that one haha. Any other ones you know about?

Nah, I did 2 trades from the Target thing and called it a day.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1937 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

So any other good flips from the Target deal that people have found? The ones for 10 bucks after coupon and with good TIV at Best Buy are (all TIV is base)
Uncharted 3 - 18
Modnation Racers - 16
Black Eyed Peas Experience - 16
Sonic Generations - 16
Rayman - 13

Aw, crap--if I had known Modnation Racers' TIV was so high, I would have gotten that instead of a :ps3: copy of Rayman Origins ($12 base)...that's a $6.40 difference. #-o

Oh well, c'est la vie. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1938 krushin

krushin

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

Not sure what's wrong with my phone I can access any other page right now. Can some tell me when does the 50% bonus end? In essence it's 60% with gcu correct?

#1939 Mageshadow

Mageshadow

Taking A Deuce..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

So I recently bought Uncharted 3 from target for $10 with their trade in promotion. The game is sealed. If I show them a receipt will it matter? ( it'll show I bought it for $10 )

Should I just unwrap it and then trade it in?
What's the best option?

#1940 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

So I recently bought Uncharted 3 from target for $10 with their trade in promotion. The game is sealed. If I show them a receipt will it matter? ( it'll show I bought it for $10 )

What's the best option?

You can't trade in sealed games... you ahve to open it.

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#1941 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

What's the best option?

Open it, remove online pass, trade into best buy. Put online pass on eBay for $4.99. Now you are rich!

#1942 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

so is saturday the last day you can get the 50% trade in or is friday the last day ?

#1943 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

so is saturday the last day you can get the 50% trade in or is friday the last day ?

A few reported they were told in store it will repeat through June. Will it happen? Who knows?

#1944 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

A few reported they were told in store it will repeat through June. Will it happen? Who knows?

i hope so even still im going to try and get there tomorrow before values drop. thanks for the reply.

#1945 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ray man Origins for Wii can be used to transfer credit from GS to BB with the 50% bump.

#1946 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

some are saying june, safest guess would be they'll run it for as long as gs is running their 50% bonus tiv towards used purchases promo.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#1947 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hmm. I am not getting the proper bonus points. My silver meter is only at $40, though I have bought over $300 in games (using bb gcs though). My pending points did jump to 345 today though, but it still seems low.

#1948 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hmm. I am not getting the proper bonus points. My silver meter is only at $40, though I have bought over $300 in games (using bb gcs though). My pending points did jump to 345 today though, but it still seems low.

You don't get RZ points on purchases made with gift cards. You do get double RZ points for trade-ins now though, so that might be what you see...

#1949 AteBit

AteBit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Asked yesterday when the 50% promo ends computer told him June 2nd. We were both suprised :o

#1950 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

motion sports adrenaline is another decent flip. Buy for ten at target (with coupon) flip to best buy for 13 base tiv plus 50 or 60 percent