Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Trade-in 3.0: So long! New thread started.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5936 replies to this topic

#1951 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

A few reported they were told in store it will repeat through June. Will it happen? Who knows?

Yeah, I was told 6/2 (he was as surprised as I was) when he read the promo to be sure I wanted to select it.

#1952 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Asked yesterday when the 50% promo ends computer told him June 2nd. We were both suprised :o

Really? This is so awesome, I should get cracking on my backlog.:D

#1953 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

You don't get RZ points on purchases made with gift cards. You do get double RZ points for trade-ins now though, so that might be what you see...

Damn. How do I get missing trade in points?:evil:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1954 TheSithAssassin

TheSithAssassin

CAGpocalypse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Stockton, CA Best Buy said 50% promo deal goes to June 2nd.

#1955 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Had a successful trade in to confirm that my ban was removed. Although for some reason I didn't get the 10% bump for GCU. It was a dollar difference anyways.

Quick question though, don't the trade in papers usually have our name and info on them? My trade in papers didn't.

#1956 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Had a successful trade in to confirm that my ban was removed. Although for some reason I didn't get the 10% bump for GCU. It was a dollar difference anyways.

Quick question though, don't the trade in papers usually have our name and info on them? My trade in papers didn't.

If you mean the paper that says "Customer Receipt" and "CUSTOMER COPY" and has the games you traded in along with their total value of the transaction, the only personal info on it is my name where I signed at the bottom, nothing else.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1957 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

i love cags and cag. you guys are great! ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1958 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

If you mean the paper that says "Customer Receipt" and "CUSTOMER COPY" and has the games you traded in along with their total value of the transaction, the only personal info on it is my name where I signed at the bottom, nothing else.

thanks for the info. sorry i've been kinda out of the loop for a while.

#1959 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

Just thought I'd share my story from yesterday:

I walked into the store and was directed back to the game counter for my trade-ins. I had about 22 games with me, but a couple of them had the "not for resale" tag on the back. The salesperson said that they didn't take those games and, after continuing to push the matter, he told me that I'd have to take them to customer service. I went up to the service desk and the woman there paged back to the game counter and told him that, yes, they could take those games, but that he would have to look them up in the system instead of scanning them. I walked back to the game counter and asked the guy who was helping me if he had received the message to which he responed, "yes, but I'm still not doing it". At that point I went back to the customer service desk and told the woman there that someone needed to go back and help this guy because he was refusing to take the trades. She walked back with me and attempted to help him finish the transaction at which point he walked off (ignoring her when she called him back). She then said that she would have to clear out his transaction and start over, which was fine. She put in all my games again and said that my total came out to $244 (I had estimated my trades on the website the night before and was expecting about $120 before the extra 50%). I asked her if she was sure if she cleared out all the games from the other guy's transaction because that seemed like a lot more than I was expecting to receive and she said, "yeah, you just had some that were worth a lot. Your total with the bonus should come out to $366, does that sound good to you?". Of course I said yes; I wondered if somehow their website's trade estimator wasn't up to date or something, so I didn't want to argue with such an awesome deal. She swiped the gift card, had me sign off, and finished the deal. After that I went and bought my new iPad, which is what I was trading the games in for in the first place.

When I got home last night I was going over the receipt and saw that all the games the other associate had entered into the computer were indeed still counted in with the trade. So I got almost double trade in value, plus the extra 50%.

Now i'm an honest guy, but after having the first guy be so completely rude and storm off while helping me, I don't feel so bad about the situation. I also even asked the second associate to double check her work to make sure the first transaction wasn't still in the computer when I thought the estimate was too high, and even after calling her on it she didn't take the time to check. Though I kind of wondered if she did actually see it and left it as it was to make up for the first guy's behavior.

Has anyone else ever had a similar experience? How would you react?

Awesome score dude. I probably would've done the same thing, and you did give them a chance to get it right, which they refused.

Anyways, as for the "not for resale" games, I've never had Best Buy accept those. It seems to me that the first associate who did your trade-in was correct to not accept them, since it falls in line with my experiences. Now all I do is take the "not for resale" games out of the case before I trade them in.

#1960 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

thanks for the info. sorry i've been kinda out of the loop for a while.

No problem. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1961 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

I walked into the store and was directed back to the game counter for my trade-ins. I had about 22 games with me, but a couple of them had the "not for resale" tag on the back. The salesperson said that they didn't take those games and, after continuing to push the matter, he told me that I'd have to take them to customer service. I went up to the service desk and the woman there paged back to the game counter and told him that, yes, they could take those games, but that he would have to look them up in the system instead of scanning them. I walked back to the game counter and asked the guy who was helping me if he had received the message to which he responed, "yes, but I'm still not doing it". At that point I went back to the customer service desk and told the woman there that someone needed to go back and help this guy because he was refusing to take the trades. She walked back with me and attempted to help him finish the transaction at which point he walked off (ignoring her when she called him back). She then said that she would have to clear out his transaction and start over, which was fine. She put in all my games again and said that my total came out to $244 (I had estimated my trades on the website the night before and was expecting about $120 before the extra 50%). I asked her if she was sure if she cleared out all the games from the other guy's transaction because that seemed like a lot more than I was expecting to receive and she said, "yeah, you just had some that were worth a lot. Your total with the bonus should come out to $366, does that sound good to you?". Of course I said yes; I wondered if somehow their website's trade estimator wasn't up to date or something, so I didn't want to argue with such an awesome deal. She swiped the gift card, had me sign off, and finished the deal. After that I went and bought my new iPad, which is what I was trading the games in for in the first place.

When I got home last night I was going over the receipt and saw that all the games the other associate had entered into the computer were indeed still counted in with the trade. So I got almost double trade in value, plus the extra 50%.

Now i'm an honest guy, but after having the first guy be so completely rude and storm off while helping me, I don't feel so bad about the situation. I also even asked the second associate to double check her work to make sure the first transaction wasn't still in the computer when I thought the estimate was too high, and even after calling her on it she didn't take the time to check. Though I kind of wondered if she did actually see it and left it as it was to make up for the first guy's behavior.

Double games may get you banned. I wouldn't be able to rest knowing she gave too much store credit.

Plus, that trade is, probably, under her employee code. :cry:

Regardless of how the guy reacted, the woman seems nice and she made a mistake.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#1962 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

The problem now is when they account for the games traded in... they will only account the 22 you actually tradein and will look for the other 22 in the transaction sheet. The 2nd employee who finished your transaction will probably be sanctioned or something.

The only question is... since the system recorded and recognized trades of 2 of each games... will that trigger a ban? I hope not.

EDIT: posted late... ChunLiBarbie beat me to it...hehe!

Edited by CAGkrazy, 27 April 2012 - 11:39 PM.
EDIT: posted late... ChunLiBarbie beat me to it...hehe!

#1963 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

Awesome score dude. I probably would've done the same thing, and you did give them a chance to get it right, which they refused.

Anyways, as for the "not for resale" games, I've never had Best Buy accept those. It seems to me that the first associate who did your trade-in was correct to not accept them, since it falls in line with my experiences. Now all I do is take the "not for resale" games out of the case before I trade them in.

It's just a case of them being too lazy to look them up manually. I've been trading "Not For Resale" games since the program began and as long as they know what they're doing on the system it should be a non issue to look them up. It takes all of 20 seconds(at most) to find games on there.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#1964 silkysmooth

silkysmooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Got close to $60 for Uncharted 3 and a few other games I don't play anymore. Not bad!

#1965 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

flipped some games from GS to BBY, in fear of being banned, dragged my wife along to do 2 separate transactions.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1966 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

flipped some games from GS to BBY, in fear of being banned, dragged my wife along to do 2 separate transactions.

Posted Image

#1967 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

very funny...

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1968 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

Damn... Was going to trade U3 in to GS and then get some cheapie games that traded in close to even, but I was too damn lazy, so I just traded in a second U3 to BB... If it gets me banned, it gets me banned. As few games as I buy anymore and as few times as I flip during the year, it won't be much of an inconvenience.

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#1969 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

I was told today about the whole 1 title per person per year policy. He actually went as far as to say there was a limit of 60 total per year and the system would freeze an account, not allowing any more trade ins. He was going off of memory and was not sure of the limit total, but said he was reading up on it the other day. He also said there is now a limit on the number of games to be traded in on 1 transaction. He also couldn't remember the exact number, but it sounds like alot (30+?).

#1970 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:54 AM

I was told today about the whole 1 title per person per year policy. He actually went as far as to say there was a limit of 60 total per year and the system would freeze an account, not allowing any more trade ins. He was going off of memory and was not sure of the limit total, but said he was reading up on it the other day. He also said there is now a limit on the number of games to be traded in on 1 transaction. He also couldn't remember the exact number, but it sounds like alot (30+?).

lol. wtf...

well guess I'll find out if I'm banned tomorrow. Have to be in the area anyway, might as well try to trade some stuff in.

#1971 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

Trade-in limits outside of the 1 per title per person per year? That's funny. If BB is ever to truly compete with GS, they have to be willing to take anything and everything people will throw at them for trade, even if it means some folks are doing a LOT of trading to them.

Posted Image

#1972 Demon Soul

Demon Soul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

Never knew they had a limit per title either. Does it count as 2 different titles if you trade in a 360 version and a PS3 version of the same title?

#1973 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

Never knew they had a limit per title either. Does it count as 2 different titles if you trade in a 360 version and a PS3 version of the same title?

It should since it's seperate versions on seperate consoles.

Posted Image

#1974 crax

crax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

A month ago I traded in Uncharted 3. Today I traded in another one. There were no problems of any kind.

#1975 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

The question is if it's retroactive or not. Cause that would be shitty of them to edit their policy and ban traders due to something they had already done.

#1976 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

The question is if it's retroactive or not. Cause that would be shitty of them to edit their policy and ban traders due to something they had already done.

I'm pretty sure a bunch of people were banned and they only found out why recently after inquiring and/or employees finding out themselves. So, it's always been retroactive...

#1977 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:41 AM

I thought those were the ones who were doing the 3 limit trade-ins?

#1978 Aliens

Aliens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but does BBY treat collector's editions of games any different than standard?

I'd like to get rid of MW3 Hardened, but if they're only going to give me $24 (+50%, +10% Unlocked), I'd rather just give them disc only and try my luck at selling the Elite pass and Hardened content separately.

#1979 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

A month ago I traded in Uncharted 3. Today I traded in another one. There were no problems of any kind.

I don't think that's how it works. Though, I find it messy that they don't reject the game. From what I've been reading.....they allow first, ban later. It's, only, a trick if you don't know about it.

#1980 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but does BBY treat collector's editions of games any different than standard?

I'd like to get rid of MW3 Hardened, but if they're only going to give me $24 (+50%, +10% Unlocked), I'd rather just give them disc only and try my luck at selling the Elite pass and Hardened content separately.

Neither gamestop or bb are going to give you more for the CE stuff